PDA

View Full Version : We Don't Know True Pain...

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Case in point:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994433

The pre-match thread, on the FC Dallas forum. I almost feel bad. They just seem so sad, haha.

None of them are giving their team any chance of winning, and the ones that are, admit that they can't explain why.

So be heartened my brothers in red - our feelings might be hurt from that shambolic performance last weekend, but some people clearly have it worse than us. :D

COME ON YOU REDS!

- Scott

FluSH
04-11-2009, 08:29 AM
No Faith

TorCanSoc
04-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Jeez. That's sad. I don't even think we (supporters) were that bad during our opening winnless streak.

Redcoe15
04-11-2009, 08:48 AM
This just means we'd better crush and bury those Hoops today!

Lucky Strike
04-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Maybe they're just all trying to jinx the loss so that they can win...

Cashcleaner
04-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Dallas's current record only gives them more initiative to really step things up today. Anyone remember the old axiom? The tiger is most fierce when backed into a corner.

I think Dallas is going to go all out today.

Super
04-11-2009, 08:57 AM
No team has apparently ever lost 4 games in a row in the MLS. A journalist told this to Carver, but he just brushed it off.

I'm all for seeing Dallas hit a new MLS record today :D

egoodwin
04-11-2009, 09:01 AM
i hope the guy that says Dallas scores first, then we come back to win is right...

I don't think TFC has ever come from behind to win a game...

Cashcleaner
04-11-2009, 09:03 AM
^ I think you're right about that. I can't think of any game I've seen at BMO where we won after a deficit. Makes for a good game so I'd be down for it.

King Jeff
04-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I think we lose 2-1. Kenny Cooper scores the goal and is subbed out at the 70th minute with the score tied 1-1. Then someone makes an egregious defensive mistake and we lose 2-1.

I agree with this guy.

koryo
04-11-2009, 09:16 AM
If Cooper scores, here's a song for him (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12013)

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Dallas's current record only gives them more initiative to really step things up today. Anyone remember the old axiom? The tiger is most fierce when backed into a corner.

I think Dallas is going to go all out today.

I think they "stay the course" today, but if they lose, they go all out at home next weekend.

Not sure if an away game in arguably the most hostile environment in MLS, is the one to go all out in, haha. But they definitely won't want to be embarrassed in front of their home crowd again.

Plus, I expect our guys to be playing like mad men today, to atone for last weekend's big disappointment.

- Scott

LucaGol
04-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Dallas may have a poor record and low morale, but this is not a game to be taken lightly.

They still have many players (on paper anyways) who can do a job. Cooper, Ferreira, Rocha, McCarty, Sanchez, Van den Bergh. I'm sure Cunningham is going to be motivated to do well against us.

All it takes is one moment of inattention in defense, and we are sliced open for a goal. I really hope we're not underestimating this team.

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Dallas may have a poor record and low morale, but this is not a game to be taken lightly.

They still have many players (on paper anyways) who can do a job. Cooper, Ferreira, Rocha, McCarty, Sanchez, Van den Bergh. I'm sure Cunningham is going to be motivated to do well against us.

All it takes is one moment of inattention in defense, and we are sliced open for a goal. I really hope we're not underestimating this team.

Dallas are somewhat like KC - weak defense, but a player or two that can sting on offense (VdB, Cooper). I expect a high scoring game, much like KC.

Especially if their keeper is as easily rattled by away crowds, as we've been hearing.

- Scott

ben_vw
04-11-2009, 09:52 AM
No team has apparently ever lost 4 games in a row in the MLS. A journalist told this to Carver, but he just brushed it off.

I'm all for seeing Dallas hit a new MLS record today :D

Haha. I guess that journalist missed our first four games...

Cashcleaner
04-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I think they "stay the course" today, but if they lose, they go all out at home next weekend.

Not sure if an away game in arguably the most hostile environment in MLS, is the one to go all out in, haha. But they definitely won't want to be embarrassed in front of their home crowd again.

Plus, I expect our guys to be playing like mad men today, to atone for last weekend's big disappointment.

- Scott

I guess the real question is who's more in the doghouse. TFC for our loss at home last weekend, or Dallas with their current winless streak. I just think with Dallas having their balls so close to the wire, they're gonna really show some aggression.

cmonyoureds
04-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I think Dallas comes out balls to the wall to get one early on our leaky defense and take the crowd out of it. If they get that early one, I'm not liking our chances.....
Otherwise, I think we have enough to do them in with time to spare.

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I guess the real question is who's more in the doghouse. TFC for our loss at home last weekend, or Dallas with their current winless streak. I just think with Dallas having their balls so close to the wire, they're gonna really show some aggression.

All the more reason to have Dichio out on the pitch today with Serioux, so we can push right back at both ends of the pitch. :D

I certainly think Dallas has more on the line, because of their record. But I think our boys will be feeling the pressure to perform more, because it's in front of a home crowd - meaning they are expected to win - and because the reaction of the crowd after their poor performance last weekend should still be fresh in their collective memory.

I imagine Dallas is coming into this game with the "a draw is fine with us" mentality. While another match without three points doesn't look good, it's still early in the season, and I doubt they want to push too hard, considering how weak their defense is.

I expect a plucky goal or two from Cooper (much like Davy Arnaud scored in KC), but I expect us to take the three points at the final whistle. DeRo, a well rested Guevara, Dichio, and Vitti will just be too much for their back line.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I think Dallas comes out balls to the wall to get one early on our leaky defense and take the crowd out of it. If they get that early one, I'm not liking our chances.....
Otherwise, I think we have enough to do them in with time to spare.

The thing with Dallas, is that their defense is just as leaky as ours, if not more. And we theoretically have the stronger midfield, to maintain possession.

Even the Dallas fans in the thread I linked to, aren't liking their chances, mostly because of their D. They also have an inferior keeper, who is apparently easily rattled in away games.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, defensively they are in shit if we keep the slightest bit of pressure on them. Like you said, though, an early offensive breakthrough by Van den Bergh or Cooper (or maybe that Ferreira guy they have on loan) could be in the cards.

TorCanSoc
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
We are just too good in the middle to blow every game. Yeah, we can be cautious against a rabidly wounded team. But a goal against us is not going to do us in, I don't think we're a folding lawn chair team.

We create chance after chance. And we knew (on paper) that would happen before our first kick off. We're going to bury those chances.

FCD 1-0 after 20 minutes....then cue the veterens, 3-1 TFC win !

Mikey
04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Interesting that one of their concerns is that their keeper is easily rattled....

stretchthetruth
04-11-2009, 11:06 AM
If Cooper scores, here's a song for him (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12013)

hahahahahaha i was hoping it would be that song...

MUFC_Niagara
04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Jeez. That's sad. I don't even think we (supporters) were that bad during our opening winnless streak.

ya we ween't that bad...we were worse. IF we don't take all 3 points today watch the threads started by al the negative trolls.

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
ya we ween't that bad...we were worse. IF we don't take all 3 points today watch the threads started by al the negative trolls.

But that's more outrage and anger than despair, haha. Look at the thread I linked - those guys aren't getting mad about their team's performance. They just seem... defeated and sad. Like they've already given up on their entire season. :D

This place turns into a cauldron of negativity for a few days after every loss, and most draws, but by the time the next match day comes around, things are generally upbeat again.

These guys are going into today's game, assuming they will lose, haha.

- Scott

billyfly
04-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I wonder how they are doing now. They got a point where we should have had 2.

Marc"2L"
04-11-2009, 06:53 PM
But that's more outrage and anger than despair, haha. Look at the thread I linked - those guys aren't getting mad about their team's performance. They just seem... defeated and sad. Like they've already given up on their entire season. :D

This place turns into a cauldron of negativity for a few days after every loss, and most draws, but by the time the next match day comes around, things are generally upbeat again.

These guys are going into today's game, assuming they will lose, haha.

- Scott

And we assumed we would win.

Who has the bigger egg on their face....? I-do-not-know

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't have egg on my face for assuming my team would win. Having faith in a positive outcome for your team, is just part of being a supporter, as far as I'm concerned.

You always have some doubts in the back of your mind, but if you go into games assuming the worst, then what's the point? Why even bother watching, at that point?

I'd be a pretty sorry ass member of a supporters group, if I ever started assuming ny team wasn't going to win.

The only people who should feel embarrassment, are the players on the pitch, who handed them the draw. In my opinion.

- Scott

Antoshka
04-11-2009, 07:04 PM
1-1. FCD trails most of the game, equalizes around the 85th minute, and pressures the rest of the game, not quite finding a winner, but looking incrementally better than even the NE game.

this guy is psychic

Kevin
04-11-2009, 07:28 PM
this guy is psychic

Let's ask him for the Lotto numbers!

Marc"2L"
04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't have egg on my face for assuming my team would win. Having faith in a positive outcome for your team, is just part of being a supporter, as far as I'm concerned.

You always have some doubts in the back of your mind, but if you go into games assuming the worst, then what's the point? Why even bother watching, at that point?

I'd be a pretty sorry ass member of a supporters group, if I ever started assuming ny team wasn't going to win.

The only people who should feel embarrassment, are the players on the pitch, who handed them the draw. In my opinion.

- Scott

Well it was never ment for you directly. But I'm sure there's a few people that had the 'Dallas sucks so it's going to be ok" attitude before this afternoon.

I hope for the best no doubt, but I'll never ever EVER say I think we'll win. I simply tell you that there will be a result and I'll hold the scarf over my head regardless.