PDA

View Full Version : Play-Off View in the East - 10 games in. . .

Technorgasm
05-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Eastern conference match ups this Week: (other than us)

DC united vs NE Revs (tonight)
NYRB vs Dynamo
Crew vs Chivas

If all goes our way, after we Kill off Landycakes and the Fallacy the standings will look like this:

Chicago Fags: 9 - 19 points
Columbus Crap: 10 - 19 points
NE Rancids: 10 - 19 points
Glorious Noble Toronto FC: 10 - 17 points
NYRB Shite: 9 - 12 points
DC Un-tied: 11 - 12 points
KC Piss: 9 - 11 Points

which means we are still currently out of Play-off Range.
Whats the temperature around the campfire here?

Are the points we have already aquired going to be a good enough base to push us to a min. 3rd spot by the time we get to the 20th game and beyond?

Luckily there are a lot of Eastern teams playing Western teams in the early parts of June. . . .

If we beat the Dynamo:
GLORIOUS NOBLE TORONTO FC 11 - 20 Points
+ The Crew lose to San Jose (COME ON RONNIE O!)
+ The Revs lose to Dallas (meh)
+ Chicago drop points to DCU (PLEASE FOOTY GODS MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

The people above us will be stagnent, while we jump to 20 and take top spot, It IS POSSIBLE that Toronto FC will break free from the basement of 07 and be tops after 11 games in 08!!!!

Just think, last year after the season was completed we had 14 points, which is what we have now after only 9 bloomin games!

I think a pat on the back to the boys thus far is due. Now that expectations are sky high, and for the most part we walk into BMO EXPECTING a win. . I hope that we can stay the course, get through the international starter shortage . . . . . . stay strong and carry on!!!

(Who else wil be losing core players to Int. duties? Anyone from the Crew Revs or Fire? )

TorontoBlades
05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
thanks for that - don't forget to throw in the possibility that the Crew might drop points on account of being a bunch or racist knobheads

Nerepis
05-29-2008, 01:24 PM
At this point the way the season is going, I'd like TFC to come in 5th in the East (yes I'm only half serious). In doing this, if all the planets align, the east will still have the top 5 spots on the league table and 5th spot would play someone in the hapless west in the first round. If would almost be like getting a first round bye.

Can anyone tell I'm bored and day dreaming this afternoon?:D

rocker
05-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Techno, TFC don't have to get 3rd spot in the east to make the playoffs.
the first 3 in each div are guaranteed, then they pick the next best 2 teams regardless of division.
When TFC beat LA, and TFC has 17 points, the team would be in 4th.

I use this hand dandy table to understand the permutations:

http://www.settingthetable.info/stt/Default.asp

Heathen
05-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I just hope we don't have to go back to Columbus in the play-offs [shudders]

Flashman
05-29-2008, 03:19 PM
The people above us will be stagnent, while we jump to 20 and take top spot, It IS POSSIBLE that Toronto FC will break free from the basement of 07 and be tops after 11 games in 08!!!!

Just think, last year after the season was completed we had 14 points, which is what we have now after only 9 bloomin games!

Actually, we finished 2007 with 25 points, so we aren't close yet :)