PDA

View Full Version : Brennan hasn't closed the door on Canadian team

johnmolinaro
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/04/09/sp-brennan-canada.html

BuSaPuNk
04-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Nice article John! Good to see Jimmy B isn't ruling out coming back for the CMNT. I think he will come back, unless it wasn't only Mitchell that was the problem.

rocker
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
he doesn't sound definite.. just leaving it open, I guess.

i don't really see the point tho. like Robbo, he's not a kid anymore. (32 next month).. and our world cup hopes are dead... let the younger players be groomed.

Pachuco
04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure he's going to get much playing time or that he's needed so at this point I wish he would dedicate his time to TFC.

Sullivan
04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
As long as JB doesn't sit by the phone waiting for the call ...

He sh!t on Holger, Yallop and Mitchell + I'm thinking his best day's with the NT are behind him = His NT days are done.

wzhxvy
04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I think he should focus on TFC...

Blizzard
04-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I think he should focus on TFC...

He's trying to but John keeps insisting on asking him about Canada! ;)

ensco
04-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Brennan's only talked about this because he was pressed, but the truth is, he's unlikely to get called.

The focus should be on younger guys.

Also, Jimmy B is not off to a good start this year for TFC. He needs to play a lot better, then let this be a serious topic for the press.

johnmolinaro
04-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Brennan's only talked about this because he was pressed, but the truth is, he's unlikely to get called.

The focus should be on younger guys.

Also, Jimmy B is not off to a good start this year for TFC. He needs to play a lot better, then let this be a serious topic for the press.

I'm not sure about it being unlikely he get's called.

Stephen Hart and Brennan have a good relationship, so if Hart takes over the team, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy B gets recalled.

ensco
04-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure about it being unlikely he get's called.

Stephen Hart and Brennan have a good relationship, so if Hart takes over the team, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy B gets recalled.

Well, I would be surprised. We don't play really important games until WCQ for 2014, which begins in three and a half years.

What are the realistic odds that Brennan will be an important part of that?

Hart (or whomever) needs to give playing time to the young guys to figure out who he will be counting on for that. There are a lot of potential candidates.

Fort York Redcoat
04-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I could go either way with the Gold Cup. To see Jimmy play again would be cool but if they went with a younger squad (that would come home for the competition) that's one for the future.