PDA

View Full Version : Tom Anseimi on Fan 590

SteeltownBhoy
04-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Interview with Bob McClown yesterday.

Nothing earth shattering, couple of points (1) indicates that fu*cking field turf
has been used on average 20 hrs/day. No grass until practice facility issue sorted out. (2) Has been in contact with RPB who have told him they are not sure if the Arrested Toronto fan in Columbus was in the supporter group.
(3) Expansion discussions still extremely early stages, don't expect anything soon. Good thing,no mention of Argos !!!

JDG
04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
There's baseball on 590 right now

Lucky Strike
04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
1. The city has really been getting its money's worth with 20hrs a day usage. Begs the question though if that's really true though. When are those 4 empty hours taking place. Suppose it's from 12-4, who's on the pitch at 4 in the morning?

2. Can only wait and see.

3. I'm eager for expansion to reduce scalpermania. Some seats in the opener were empty (despite announcing a sell-out), probably because no one was willing to pay their exorbitant price. P.S. Argos can piss off.

billyfly
04-09-2009, 12:23 PM
They are trying to convince the city to accept the new fields at Lakeshore Lions area in exchange for BMO real grass.

rocker
04-09-2009, 12:27 PM
and Pantalone doesn't like the fact that the exchanged fields are out there, not near BMO.

billyfly
04-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Joe should worry more about his crazy sister than the fields at the Lions.

Whoop
04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Pantalone is an ass IMO has always been.

I heard Anselmi's interview yesterday and what I got out of it... all these plans are years away. He had no confidence in his answers. "We've just starting looking at it" was his standard reponse.

And in regards to the Columbus... he had to throw in "they're not sure".

Pigfynn
04-09-2009, 12:43 PM
how are we not sure? seems pretty simple to me...he either is or isn't a member.

gtaguy
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Joe should worry more about his crazy sister than the fields at the Lions.

his crazy sister could work in the new training grounds picking up the poop and dispose it by throwing it a kids passing by...

Whoop
04-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I think RPB is sure.

But he shouldn't have been speaking on our behalf and/or he should have said "they're dealing with it". But throwing in the "they're not sure" makes us looks stupid or not willing to deal with it. The regular listener might not have caught that, but I did and I'm sure others would have.

MLSEL is not so good with the PR.

He just sounded uninformed on the issues - grass, expansion, etc. Or they've been lying to everyone over the last few years. "We've just started looking at it"

I thought they've been looking at it for the last few years?

Phil
04-09-2009, 12:50 PM
how are we not sure? seems pretty simple to me...he either is or isn't a member.

He is not a member.

Whoop
04-09-2009, 12:51 PM
One thing I did glean was that if BMO is expanded don't look for a flood of cheap tickets.

Whoop
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
He is not a member.

Someone should have told Tom Anselmi.

Pigfynn
04-09-2009, 12:52 PM
End of issue then, in my book anyway.

billyfly
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
his crazy sister could work in the new training grounds picking up the poop and dispose it by throwing it a kids passing by...

And threathening to kill them. (see the most recent charge)

Phil
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Someone should have told Tom Anselmi.

Not exactly the easiet guy to phone up and somehow know what he is going to be talking about on the radio later on that evening.

The onus is on him not to talk about things that he doesn't know, not on us to have ESP.

Whoop
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Not exactly the easiet guy to phone up and somehow know what he is going to be talking about on the radio later on that evening.

The onus is on him not to talk about things that he doesn't know, not on us to have ESP.

^^
I agree!

If you're not sure on the facts... don't claim to know them. It was kind of like he threw RPB under the bus a bit.

I'm sure no one put two and two together, but it's just another small irritant in this whole situation.

Wagner
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
One thing I did glean was that if BMO is expanded don't look for a flood of cheap tickets.

I had always thought that...
it's not like they are going to have those introductory prices for newbs.

although, you'd think the new seats at the sound end would have to be the same price, as we'll be standing in front of them.

billyfly
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
They have been "thinking" about it for a long time. It is relatively recently that they have a semi-concrete plan (with building plans, cost).

You always have to understand these guys are trained to never commit to anything in a public forum (TV, radio..) when speaking.

Whoop
04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
There's no harm in saying "We've been looking at it" not "we've started looking at it".

I know I'm nitpicking but the overall tone of the interview was one of pretty weak and underwhelming.

It was more of "let's try to get Bob down to BMO for a game".

Whoop
04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I guess what I'm getting at is that he had opportunity to help diffuse the situation a bit and/or make a stand on behalf of the supporters but he blew it IMO.

Suds
04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I had always thought that...
it's not like they are going to have those introductory prices for newbs.

I would agree.

I haven't done the number crunching, but I've recall numbers in the millions to expand BMO. (Anyone recall the numbers bouced around?) There is no way you can recoup that kind investment on $350/year season seats. The cost of the seats would have to be higher or they may be looking at expanding the corporate boxes. Not where how they would do that but the big money at stadiums these days is from the corporate boxes.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

GabrielHurl
04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
They have been "thinking" about it for a long time. It is relatively recently that they have a semi-concrete plan (with building plans, cost).

This is true

Toronto Gunner
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
1. The city has really been getting its money's worth with 20hrs a day usage. Begs the question though if that's really true though. When are those 4 empty hours taking place. Suppose it's from 12-4, who's on the pitch at 4 in the morning?

If three groups have the field rented from 7pm - 9pm I'm sure they count that as 6 hours of usage.

wzhxvy
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh my goodness...so many issues:

1. Anselmi (wannabe Richard Peddie Jr) has been flip flopping and inconsistent on the DP and grass issues so many times its laughable. He either thinks people are idiots or is one of those people who goes with the flow. Facts are not his friend.

2. How dare he even bring up RPB or attempt to discuss it.

3. Starting to look at it ? Yeah OK buddy...&$&# YOU. How about you say no one wants to pay for it and we want the city to pay for it because MLSE is not willing to pony up...so its a waiting game ?

4. What happened to fluffing BMO field ? Was it done ?

Suds
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
4. What happened to fluffing BMO field ? Was it done ?

I recall Paul B. posting in another thread that field maintenance was being done before the home opener by the company who installed it a BMO.

billyfly
04-09-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.thestar.com/article/614152

This is a very important article in regards to BMO expansion. MLSEL's whole idea of a deal with the city is tied into this.

Jack
04-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Seriously...people. Chill out.

There was some early communication after Columbus between the team and I where I stated that, to the best of my knowledge, no RPBs were involved in any of the arrests. At the time, it was to the best of my knowledge which later on proved to be a certainty (something I stated repeatedly in interviews on the radio and to newspapers)

That's probably where he got that information.

Let's stop the media witch hunt, shall we? I know we've had a bad time of it in the media over the past week, but now people are at the point where they hear the negative in everything.

There's a game on Saturday that's an important game to determine the character of our team this year. We came home on a high from a successful road trip and last Saturday was a steaming shitpile.

This Saturday will go a long way towards judging what this team is made of. I suggest we start focusing on that.

This thread should be WAY MORE than two pages! http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11917

Whoop
04-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, well Cunningham better not score on Saturday or you'll have to restrain me from tackling him Jack. LOL

Jack
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, well Cunningham better not score on Saturday or you'll have to restrain me from tackling him Jack. LOL
Who's going to restrain me?

billyfly
04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Headline "TFC fans riot when Cunningham scores"

Whoop
04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
LOL

I will never be able to forgive him for that Montreal game.

GabrielHurl
04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I hope he warms up in front of 127 :D

Brooker
04-09-2009, 04:27 PM
"Cunningham nets a hat trick and BMO field makes Jonestown look like childs play."

Cashcleaner
04-09-2009, 04:31 PM
^ Haha! Quote of the century, though I remember hearing that last part somewhere else really recently.

gtaguy
04-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Seriously...people. Chill out.

There was some early communication after Columbus between the team and I where I stated that, to the best of my knowledge, no RPBs were involved in any of the arrests. At the time, it was to the best of my knowledge which later on proved to be a certainty (something I stated repeatedly in interviews on the radio and to newspapers)

That's probably where he got that information.

Let's stop the media witch hunt, shall we? I know we've had a bad time of it in the media over the past week, but now people are at the point where they hear the negative in everything.

There's a game on Saturday that's an important game to determine the character of our team this year. We came home on a high from a successful road trip and last Saturday was a steaming shitpile.

This Saturday will go a long way towards judging what this team is made of. I suggest we start focusing on that.

I agree with you in a way jack however i do want to point out that beating a team that is 0-3 this season will not be a good medium to judge torontos character.. TFC must right the wrong from last weekend and this time i don't believe excuses will be considered of any kind.. forward to season opener # 2

rocker
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
i'm gonna predict Cunny will score --- AN OWN GOAL!!! muahahah
wouldn't that be hilarious?

gtaguy
04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
i'm gonna predict Cunny will score --- AN OWN GOAL!!! muahahah
wouldn't that be hilarious?

i put my money down that cunty will look like a total ass when he gets a ball passed to him, will miss the shot and extend his arms and go "wtf ref"

Jack
04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I agree with you in a way jack however i do want to point out that beating a team that is 0-3 this season will not be a good medium to judge torontos character.. TFC must right the wrong from last weekend and this time i don't believe excuses will be considered of any kind.. forward to season opener # 2
True enough. We should expect a strong performance. That's the thing...if we're playing an 0-3 team at home after an embarrassment like last week, we need a truly strong performance to erase memories of what happened.

We need to wipe the floor with Dallas to truly shake off last week.

billyfly
04-09-2009, 08:50 PM
McCown and Brunt today confirmed that Bod has an official invite to come watch a game at BMO. Bob joked he'll go if they have riot police surrond him while he flips us all the bird.

cmonyoureds
04-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I would agree.

I haven't done the number crunching, but I've recall numbers in the millions to expand BMO. (Anyone recall the numbers bouced around?) There is no way you can recoup that kind investment on $350/year season seats. The cost of the seats would have to be higher or they may be looking at expanding the corporate boxes. Not where how they would do that but the big money at stadiums these days is from the corporate boxes.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Simple, similar priced seats with a whopping "seat license" attached to them. Don't fool yourself, it'll happen. When it does, depending on the amount of that seat license, welcome to the ACC people.

Sullivan
04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Tom Anselmi isn't part of the footballers' crowd.

What he says, what he does and what he means are 3 different things.

He's a sellout, a suit. One who will tell you exactly what he wants you and I to know, in order to get us to part with our $$$.

Anslemi is nothing but making $$$ at everybody else's expense.
wouldn't be surpised if his tailored suits don't have pockets

Results on the field of play mean nothing to the man; his game is all politics and business; he can spin seven ways to Sunday - he's nothing but bullsh!t

None of the team's that he oversees or was previously involved with (Grizzilys) achieved/earned anything.

DVS
04-10-2009, 04:43 PM
There's no harm in saying "We've been looking at it" not "we've started looking at it".

I know I'm nitpicking but the overall tone of the interview was one of pretty weak and underwhelming.

It was more of "let's try to get Bob down to BMO for a game".

I agree. If fans are excited about expansion or a grass pitch well don't hold your breath their really isn't any plans to change anything. MLSE is way too busy counting their money inside of improving the ground they basically use for free.

Anyone wanna listen to this conversation

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media.jsp?content=20090408_185703_6008

I'm really kind of upset that Brunt or Bobcat didn't really press him on any of the issues. Especially Brunt.