DVS
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Ibra Ibra Ibra

Ossington Mental Youth
04-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Id say Dichio with Ibbe as a sub

billyfly
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
How about "probable"ly gonna glaringly miss a chance on goal.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.PNG/250px-Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.PNG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.PNG)

TFC_Chris
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Come on. The only logical explanation is that O'Brien White has been secretly rehabed and cleared and will start this week to get his first professional hat-trick...

T_Mizz
04-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Doesn't probable mean he'll probably play, or are soccer players bigger wimps than football players?

TFCREDNWHITE
04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
All i know is that Carver needs to light a fire under his ass!

The propblem is, does lighting a fire under someones ass help? when the bottom line is that you actually suck!?

A la Ricketts too???

T_Mizz
04-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't think Barrett sucks, he's shown flashes of brilliance if you've seen his highlight reels so its not that he sucks its just he's inconsistent, which he can work on

FluSH
04-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Barrett's had a problem with finishing... this goes back to Chicago. However, he's a good player in my opinion... and has some good footy IQ to be at the right place at the right time in order to get those 'misses'.

Who remembers when he caught that Goalie off his line and he chipped it in?

I see big things for Barrett this year.. BIG

TFCREDNWHITE
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah i guess with a 2.5 million dollar salary cap all i'm gonna get is Supersize drinks and fries with that!!

I can't watch brilliant footballers with speed, skill and creativity and then go watch timbits players...

Argh...

rocker
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
nobody needs to "light a fire under his ass."
That's reserved for guys like Laurent Robert.
Barrett always has a fire under his ass (he hustles all the time).
His prob is nervousness and skill with finishing.... which is why I don't think benching him is gonna help. He needs to play and work this out, cuz obviously practicing finishing during the week ain't workin.

Damien
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Barrett needs the 6 minute abs video.... but in all honesty, I can see why he may have cramped up on a few plays. It's best he gets some rehab then rejoins first team when he's 100%.

Inklink
04-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Barrett has 0 confidence, I think that's the problem. His work ethic is good, he has talent as we saw last year, but it's not going right for him. He misses and gets more frustrated and that hurts his confidence even more. A little tinkering in the head and he'll be back to the form that earned him a 4 year extension.

Oblio2
04-09-2009, 11:12 AM
His problem is fitness. He cant finish games.

Inklink
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM

True; he claimed he was over the cramping problems, apparently not.

TorontoBlades
04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Probable means a 75% chance of playing

MisterMacphisto
04-09-2009, 11:27 AM
One thing about Barret, is I think he is his own worst critic and there is nobody harder on himself than himself. Did anyone see the interview with Barret at halftime from Seattle's game on CBC? Dude was pissed off.

He knows he is not playing well, and he's clearly frustrated.

My thoughts are... at some point you need to be having a little bit of fun on the pitch to be creative. I think that goes for a lot of guys on the pitch, they look like they're constipated.

Sometimes you have to let loose a little and let your feet go and have a little gleam of having fun to be creative and have confidence.

standupforthetfc
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I think chad is an excellent player who just needs to beleive in his own ability to score. He definatly has the potential to be a giant in the league

TFCREDNWHITE
04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Look i want the best for TFC, which means i would want Barrett to score 20 goals for us!

I want to WIN at all costs!

and please someone for the love of god, RAISE the salary cap during the next CBA to 5 million!!!

TFC~Vatreni
04-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Yes I completely agree, he can't ever finish games strong. I'll go one step further and say that he's not a pure scorer. That's what your striker should be, a guy who knows how to put the ball in the net. That's not him.

Pachuco
04-09-2009, 12:22 PM
nobody needs to "light a fire under his ass."
That's reserved for guys like Laurent Robert.
Barrett always has a fire under his ass (he hustles all the time).
His prob is nervousness and skill with finishing.... which is why I don't think benching him is gonna help. He needs to play and work this out, cuz obviously practicing finishing during the week ain't workin.

So if you're struggling putting some Ikea furniture together. You know the answer is usually right in front of you, it's mental, not technical. Do you keep at it? No, you walk away for 5 mins and let your mind think about something else. Chances are you'll come back with some fresh ideas.

This example can be used for Barrett. Right now, all he is thinking in his head is I'm going to get out there and put the ball over the net, it's purely mental. He needs a change of scenery. He needs to come in as a sub which is a different way of looking at the game then planning on playing a whole 90 minutes. Believe me, this can go a long way.

FluSH
04-09-2009, 12:32 PM
If Barrett is struggling puttin IKEA furniture together then we have some problems!

T_Mizz
04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
So if you're struggling putting some Ikea furniture together. You know the answer is usually right in front of you, it's mental, not technical. Do you keep at it? No, you walk away for 5 mins and let your mind think about something else. Chances are you'll come back with some fresh ideas.

This example can be used for Barrett. Right now, all he is thinking in his head is I'm going to get out there and put the ball over the net, it's purely mental. He needs a change of scenery. He needs to come in as a sub which is a different way of looking at the game then planning on playing a whole 90 minutes. Believe me, this can go a long way.
There's an idea, I'm not sure if it'll work but it may be worth a shot, let him go in thinking that he's fresh and therefore has the upperhand, that should give him the confidence boost he needs to create something that might carry over to a start the next game

TFCREDNWHITE
04-09-2009, 12:41 PM

Nice!, Lets get him to go to IKEA and buy some furniture and then go home and put it together that should turn his stats around!!:D:p

Kevin
04-09-2009, 12:43 PM
If Barrett is struggling puttin IKEA furniture together then we have some problems!

LOL!

poppamidnight
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Ibbe start + Danny at 55-65 min mark

I just don't see Danny being able to last a full game any more (even 35 mins is streching it)

So if you ask me if i'd prefer him to start or finish - i'm taking to finish

Banging around the other tired bodies, he's proven a beast in the air when he comes on late....

I just don't know he'd have the same LEVEL of impact going up against fresh legs

....Then again, It's carver - AKA mr irrational on his lineups - so who knows

Logic never seems to be the name of the game for him

Pachuco
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
There's an idea, I'm not sure if it'll work but it may be worth a shot, let him go in thinking that he's fresh and therefore has the upperhand, that should give him the confidence boost he needs to create something that might carry over to a start the next game

Exactly my point. You bring the guy in when other players are tired. He can be our very own super sub for saturday's game. He has more of a chance of breaking out of the slump this way then if we just continue to throw him in the starting lineup. Imagine he pops one goal in 30 minutes of play, his confidence will be sky high. He'll simply have less time to think about scoring and will be running his ass off to make an impact.

It's only going to get worst if we keep starting him and he keeps missing chances early on. I can see the crowd at BMO booing him by the end of the game if he has another one of those (not that I would). That would probably crush his confidence even more.