PDA

View Full Version : Still a 23 man team

Luanda
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
In the midst of the controversy dealing with TO's "hooligans" and the poor (nay, sad) showing of TFC in its home opener, the club continues with a 23 man roster.

What the heck is happening with the 24th spot. Where is that CB? What is happening (or not), in terms of possible trades for extra cap space for that illusive CB?

Both questions seem to have disappeared from the radar screen on the RPB site!

:mad:

boban
04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
^^^ It's being held open for that elusive DP forward :p

egoodwin
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
where's our CB

GingerNinja
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
^^^ It's being held open for that elusive DP forward :p

where's our CB

We don't need a CB with the super human DP Striker we are waiting for. As long as he can always put in one more then the defense allows, were golden!!!:D

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I think they are keeping it open so they can go out get a player that could be of great help to the club, be it the DP striker type or a CB, I guess they could go out and sign a younger player to a dev. type deal. I am pretty sure that is what they had in mind if say someone like draft pick Kyle Hall showed enough. Even if they did go out sign this type of player, someone could still be released if needed so I guess they just have not found a worthy body yet.

rocker
04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
What the heck is happening with the 24th spot. Where is that CB? What is happening (or not), in terms of possible trades for extra cap space for that illusive CB?

I haven't seen any rumours lately. Maybe John Molinaro from CBC can finally spill what he knows ;)

Nerepis
04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
This Spring the boys tended to play better if they only had 10 men on the field. Maybe it's just Mo's way of motivating the troops. :D

rocker
04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
It's too bad Nana and White are injured. Those guys could play interesting roles if they weren't hurt.

LucaGol
04-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Why exactly did we sign Amadou Sanyang and Emmanuel Gomez?

And while I'm on the train of thought, why are Gabe Gala and Nana Attakora occupying roster spots.

I mean its clear that they're never going to play.

Are they just filling the roster with low salary players or what?

On another note, why are we paying Pablo Vitti if he's on loan? Shouldn't Independiente be sharing or paying the whole wage?

T_Mizz
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM

And while I'm on the train of thought, why are Gabe Gala and Nana Attakora occupying roster spots.

On another note, why are we paying Pablo Vitti if he's on loan? Shouldn't Independiente be sharing or paying the whole wage?
I thought the point of loaning a player out was to have his new team pay him?

Pachuco
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM

It's been said many a times that Sanyang can't play on the senior team becaues of Visa problems. Gomez however, not sure why he hasn't got the chance. I think he's a CB, so it's scary to think he's worst then Harmse.

T_Mizz
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Sanyang can't play until he's 18 on August 1st

Blizzard
04-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Sanyang can't play until he's 18 on August 1st

... and Gomez was dressed and on the bench last week. People I know who have seen him in training are very impressed with him. I do think we'll see him before too long.

... and as for an unfilled spot on the club, why are we complaining about that. It's a good sign. It says "we have another player on the way and we're leaving space for him!"

Wooster_TFC
04-09-2009, 08:48 AM
*snip*

... and as for an unfilled spot on the club, why are we complaining about that. It's a good sign. It says "we have another player on the way and we're leaving space for him!"

See here: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

I'd like to know how we intend on filling a developmental spot with a DP CB? Since a lot of people on this thread seem so certain.

According to every piece of information I've been able to gather, and the roster on the website, our senior spots are full, and we have one DEV spot open.

Pachuco
04-09-2009, 09:28 AM
... and Gomez was dressed and on the bench last week. People I know who have seen him in training are very impressed with him. I do think we'll see him before too long.

We've had "another player on the way" since the existence of TFC.

SanStarko
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
See here: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

I'd like to know how we intend on filling a developmental spot with a DP CB? Since a lot of people on this thread seem so certain.

According to every piece of information I've been able to gather, and the roster on the website, our senior spots are full, and we have one DEV spot open.

Nana is taking up a senior spot. When we find the player we're bringing in, Nana gets dropped back to a Dev contract and the senior spot goes to the new signing. I'm just guessing so could be completely wrong.

But is that not the sort of thing Mo was doing last season. Putting the younger players on a senior spot when available to get them a bit more money for a bit then dropping them back to a dev spot when we needed to bring in another player.

T_Mizz
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Nana is taking up a senior spot. When we find the player we're bringing in, Nana gets dropped back to a Dev contract and the senior spot goes to the new signing. I'm just guessing so could be completely wrong.

But is that not the sort of thing Mo was doing last season. Putting the younger players on a senior spot when available to get them a bit more money for a bit then dropping them back to a dev spot when we needed to bring in another player.
Not entirely sure it works that way I think rosenlund was asked to take a dev spot but he told Mo where he could stick his dev spot. I think the most logical person to take a dev spot is the 17 year old sanyang, I can't figure out why the hell he takes up a senior spot all season when he can only play in half of it

ginkster88
04-09-2009, 10:38 AM
This was beaten to death months ago. A "big-for-the-MLS name" player is coming later rather than sooner. In a show of solidarity with the FO, if he doesn't show up by mid-summer I'll take a break from posting until September. Anyone care to bet against for the same stakes?

SanStarko
04-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Not entirely sure it works that way I think rosenlund was asked to take a dev spot but he told Mo where he could stick his dev spot. I think the most logical person to take a dev spot is the 17 year old sanyang, I can't figure out why the hell he takes up a senior spot all season when he can only play in half of it

Yeah, was just a bit of a guess. Sounded good in my head though :o

poppamidnight
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Nana is injured...

pay attention man...

I bumped into him on the concourse of crew stadium heading to the box

Nana's long term either:
a - Replacement for Wynne if we sell him abroad
b - That CB improvement on Harmse (is shite) or Velez (also shite)

Carver gave him time last year, so it's not like he's on the doghouse -
He's a solid player with loads of potential
it's purely injury right now

Wooster_TFC
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM

That's a valid point, although I'm not sure Nana will take a Dev spot at this point. He was able to make by on a dev contract last year because the canadian government was paying him a stipend as well (as an Olympian?). I'm not sure if that's still the case.

I agree that Sanyang is probably the best option to drop to Dev (or Gomez maybe), but I'm hoping that this was laid out to them in advance, since it seems that in past instances it wasn't really (both Hemming and Rosenlund).

celtic bhoy
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Have it on good faith that michael mcglinchey has been offered the last DEV contract ,but celtic are looking for a sell on clause and are holding things up should know more by the end of the scottish season.

kitchener-TFC
04-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know how long David Edgar's contract runs in Newcastle? How about him?

oxygenatedbrain
04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
As of March 1, Nana (and Gala) are still receiving 14,400 as senior carded athletes.

Gomez is listed by the Union as receiving a 20,100 base salary, iow, a development contract...and he has dressed for all three games...

jloome
04-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Maybe we'll see a Gomez--Serioux backline this weekend, although given how horrible he was last week, maybe a Gomez-Velez backline would be better.