PDA

View Full Version : Good Canadians

Manutd #1
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I have a question, maybe TFC has pursued this but why are we not looking at some Canadians playing in Europe.

Examples
Jaime Peters he plays or I should say never gets a look at Ipswhich but has shown he is a speedy winger (who could play in Ricketts spot) when called upon for Canada and when he was on a month loan with Gillingham. Maybe a short loan spell in the england off season, it could help both teams and develop peters for Canada which should be one of our goals

Simeon Jackson- The guy cant stop scoring he scores like every goal for gillingham and plays all their games, they are in a fight to get promoted to league 1, he would be another good option to take on loan as he would probably not leave england, he is only 21 i believe, on a side note i can't believe this guy barely gets looked at for canada he should play every gold cup game, use this tourny as a development tourny as many teams will have weaker teams due to world cup qualifying (sorry off topic)

David Edgar-probably wont happen but with carvers connections at New Castle again this could be a cool summer loan, he plays quite abit in the premier league and scored against Man Utd in his first game. He is very young and again another player who should have been given a chance with canada last year when they had crappy starters and injuries.

Paul Stalteri- he is getting older and is still playing quality 1st team mins on German 1st league team that rob friend plays on(im not even gonan try to spell it) they are fighting for relegation and if get relegated or even if they dont maybe we can get stallteri and all his experience plus he is canadian and this would help him with limited travel to be with team canada. I know he is getting older but he is a quality player that could be put into a number of roles even CB.

I know there are many more Canadians that would be great on tfc, Ali Gerba but MKD is close to making the championship so he will not leave, rob friend is still up and coming and will not come back yet.

again there are many more canadians but Im talking more realistic as others wont come for awhile such as jdg, hutchinson, bernier, klukosky(bad spelling i kno)

tell me what you think

renda-10
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I have a question, maybe TFC has pursued this but why are we not looking at some Canadians playing in Europe.

Examples
Jaime Peters he plays or I should say never gets a look at Ipswhich but has shown he is a speedy winger (who could play in Ricketts spot) when called upon for Canada and when he was on a month loan with Gillingham. Maybe a short loan spell in the england off season, it could help both teams and develop peters for Canada which should be one of our goals

tell me what you think
i played with him for years. He has good touch on the ball and is a real talent

wzhxvy
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I like the Jaime Peter idea...there were also rumours that Dave Edgar was on the TFC "list" as they were targetting a Canadian CB (other than Serioux)...

rocker
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
The agent of Edwards, Nana, Sutton, Barrett, White, Ibrahim, Sanyang, and Brennan is the same agent as Jamie Peters. I'm sure if he wanted to come to TFC and TFC wanted him, something could be worked out. He would certainly be well known to Mo johnston.

Jackson doesn't seem to me a guy who'd want to come to MLS. He could have come to MLS before but chose to work his way up the ranks in England (on purpose, so he had a chance to play).
He's hot now and probably going up to a better team next year.

Stalteri hates the field turf, and probably has enough of an ego in him not to want to play for less than DP money at this point.

Manutd #1
04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
The agent of Edwards, Nana, Sutton, Barrett, White, Ibrahim, Sanyang, and Brennan is the same agent as Jamie Peters. I'm sure if he wanted to come to TFC and TFC wanted him, something could be worked out. He would certainly be well known to Mo johnston.

Jackson doesn't seem to me a guy who'd want to come to MLS. He could have come to MLS before but chose to work his way up the ranks in England (on purpose, so he had a chance to play).
He's hot now and probably going up to a better team next year.

Stalteri hates the field turf, and probably has enough of an ego in him not to want to play for less than DP money at this point.

I agree with that, jackson is probably not going to risk coming here as he will either be with gillingham in league 1 next year if they get promoted or with a new team. I agree with the stallteri point as well, i would only get him below dp money. Jackson seems like the best option, he has nothing to lose, he could come here even until the end of the tfc season, get valuable playing time in a growing league and then go back to his team with alot more confidence and hopefully skill.

Rhapido
04-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Richard Hastings? Atiba Hutchinson? Ian Hume?

Pigfynn
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
you know what guys? these guys may not want to come home right now, but i can tell you that the temptation exists more now thean it did in our first season. it will only grow and grow as we provide a more professional opportunity for these guys.

be patient and good things will happen.

renda-10
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
you know what guys? these guys may not want to come home right now, but i can tell you that the temptation exists more now thean it did in our first season. it will only grow and grow as we provide a more professional opportunity for these guys.

be patient and good things will happen.
you make a very good point. As the team matures more quality players (not only canadian) will want to come and play

Manutd #1
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
hutchinson is still a key player at copenhaven but would be great, but i think we need to wait for him.
Hastings could be good 31 plays in the spl, but being from bc I think I could see him going to the whitecaps when he is like 33 but who knows

I have always said ian hume, but he may never be the same after his possible career ending head injury this year, poor guy he is soo under rated and his career and life were almost ended this year. I think he would also be too much money as he plays in the championship but who knows.