PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Tuesday , Apr.07

denime
04-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Toronto FC's Robinson OK with international retirement

Carl Robinson is a proud and dedicated Welshman.
Whenever the manager of Wales' national team called him up for international duty — whether it be a World Cup qualifying game or a friendly — Robinson always made it a point to be there.
So you can imagine how hard it was for the Toronto FC midfielder to announce his international retirement last week following Wales' 2-0 loss to Germany in Cardiff, a result that all but officially ended the country's hopes of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup.

Read More (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/04/06/sp-robinson-intl.html)

Cummins pleased with players' response
Toronto FC trained at BMO Field on Monday

Toronto FC assistant coach Chris Cummins was happy with the players' response in training at BMO Field Monday as preparations began for Saturday's clash with FC Dallas.
Cummins expects the players to learn from the home opener loss to Seattle Sounders FC and now put it behind them.
"The mood was good," he said. "We're disappointed from the weekend because we wanted to put on a good performance and get a good result. What happened out there hurts us as much as it hurts the supporters but we can't dwell on what happened and let it affect us during the week."

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090406&content_id=236274&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

TFC Academy beats AC Milan 3-0
Reds remain unbeaten after two games at Dallas Cup

TFC Academy's Senior Team beat Italian giants AC Milan 3-0 in the Dallas Cup Super Group on Monday. The Reds remain unbeaten after two group games at the tournament having opened with a 1-1 tie against Tigres of Mexico on Sunday with a late equalizer from Andre Verdugo. TFC Academy's final match of the group stage is on Wednesday against Manchester City.

Read More (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090406&content_id=236732&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Ageroo
04-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Morning D.....SSG seems to have a little too much collagen loaded in her lips...just looks odd!

MUFC_Niagara
04-07-2009, 05:58 AM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/2009/04/07/9033201-cp.html

Tigers manager Leyland takes actions of rowdy Jays fans in stride

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

....I know, not TFC news but indirectly related right?

MUFC_Niagara
04-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Anderson said he was glad to leave the field after the incident and called the act by the fans who threw the baseballs "disrespectful."
"The first one hit pretty close and I told the umpire and he said he would tell security," Anderson said. "A couple of minutes later another one hit. Both were pretty close. I didn't think too much about it after the first one. It's a baseball and if it hits you on the head it could do some damage if it was thrown from the upper deck. The second one I said 'That's enough."'
Anderson said it was a first for him. "I've never had anything thrown at me before," he said. "I've seen plastic bottles or a beach ball or something like that but never a baseball. I think it's disrespectful. I understand that sometimes at a ballgame people can get out of control. But to be throwing a baseball at somebody, well what's the intention there?" The chanting from the stands is one thing, he said, and part of the game.

....but according to Cathal wasn't it un-Canadian to sing and chant?

Eastend
04-07-2009, 07:11 AM
wow, hooligans at a Jays game....HOO - LI - GANS.......what is this world coming too? Kelly? Where are ya?

Lucky Strike
04-07-2009, 07:31 AM
As much as we're proven right that people have some sort of problem with football and labeling us hooligans while the baseball incident has gotten very little attention so far, I prefer to focus on the fact that our academy just beat the AC Milan U-18s. Well done!

Technorgasm
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
AC Milan?? Wow! I undersand that they are just youngsters but our opponents are bwing groomed for one of the biggest leagues in the world with budget galore and a well establishe infrastructure that spans decades. Hats off to the lads. The coaching staff and everyone around the club.

Super
04-07-2009, 08:05 AM
AC Milan?? Wow! I undersand that they are just youngsters but our opponents are bwing groomed for one of the biggest leagues in the world with budget galore and a well establishe infrastructure that spans decades. Hats off to the lads. The coaching staff and everyone around the club.

This all sounds great, but what are the MLS rules as far as drafting is concerned? Wouldn't all our young talent just go into an MLS drafting pool for anyone to grab - or do we have first dibs on our own talent?

I think I remember reading about this once, but I forget the details.

BuSaPuNk
04-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Morning D! Where is the baseball hooligans article. Just another sweep under the rug by the Toronto media. This is a huge sign that the Toronto media has something for soccer in this country. This is the kind of news coverage I would expect to see watch Fox News. Discrace.

scooter
04-07-2009, 08:28 AM
MORNIN ALL
yes good on the academy well done

Fort York Redcoat
04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't if they were U-12. Toronto beats AC MILAN.

HA!

tfcleeds
04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Alright, fess up...who were the TFC fans who threw baseballs at the players last night? ;)

Chevy
04-07-2009, 09:10 AM
^ lol.

gtaguy
04-07-2009, 09:12 AM
great for the academy team.. atleast theres a team that can put together a win against tough opponents. sorry guys im still alittle peeved about saturday... Still looking forward to home opener number 2 on saturday...

cincy
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
SSG's face looks like a bag of smashed assholes

Steve
04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
wow, hooligans at a Jays game....HOO - LI - GANS.......what is this world coming too? Kelly? Where are ya?

Haha, actually (hate to ruin the mood here) but I was watching the news last night at 11 (City maybe?) and the person talking about the incident actually used the words "Baseball hooligans". I found it quite amusing.

Pigfynn
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
^^Difference is they say that in a funny/cute/ironic way when talking about baseball

Shaughno
04-07-2009, 10:11 AM
^^Difference is they say that in a funny/cute/ironic way when talikng about baseball

Exactly.

Baseball hooligans = couple of drunks, nobody is worried

Soccer hooligans = the world is going to end and mass city wide riots WILL ERUPT!!!!!!

keem-o-sabi
04-07-2009, 10:16 AM
coed girl (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)

good on the young one's at the Dallas Cup! :)

tfcmanu
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Alright, fess up...who were the TFC fans who threw baseballs at the players last night? ;)

Bunch of TOSSERS, I'm surprised the media did'nt blame TFC supporters. :p