PDA

View Full Version : Scanners..get them fixed

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
it was bad enough being told to undo my TFC stadium jacket on a rather cold freaking day at the entrance, but to have the scanners malfunction
and having the staff tear of the barcode on the ticket was a bit much..
Come on MLSE get the scanners fixed!!:mad:

Nodoubtguy
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
chill out....1st game issues.....

nascarguy
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
i had no trouble at my gate.

rocker
04-06-2009, 05:51 PM
no trouble here either.

got in fast (maybe 2 minutes) at gate 1 at about 3:10 after the go train rolled in, despite a big lineup.

the secret is not to line up behind women, cuz they always have bags to be checked ;)

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
chill out....1st game issues.....

not really went through this scanner problem a few times last season as well...

shawn6597
04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
do people just look for things to complain about?

wzhxvy
04-06-2009, 07:05 PM
yes we do...speaking of that I had scanner issues too !

Suds
04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
yes we do...speaking of that I had scanner issues too !

just curious if any of you printed your tickets your tickets from the account manager then tried to enter using the ticket on your scarf?

my buddy had problems and it turns out it was because he printed his ticket for Saturday's game and did not realize it voided the bar code on the scarf ... or at least that was the reason he was given

wzhxvy
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
in defence of tfc, my account manager called me to warn me of just that possibility. good job Asif

Chevy
04-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Any time you print a ticket, it voids the original.

Nodoubtguy
04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
my buddy had problems and it turns out it was because he printed his ticket for Saturday's game and did not realize it voided the bar code on the scarf ... or at least that was the reason he was given

pretty sure it says that on the site when you go to print it......

ExiledRed
04-06-2009, 07:37 PM
do people just look for things to complain about?

Like yourself?

Complaining about somebody's post without anything useful to add?

Congestion at the gate is a big issue, and this line about the scanners is wearing thin. It looks like it's all about all limiting beer sales to me, which is atrocious given that there is a genuine safety concern in the swarming at the gate.

stretchthetruth
04-06-2009, 09:04 PM
yeah, the dude scanning my ticket (scarf) was struggling to get the reader to work - it took at least a full minute, but in his defence he was really pissed about it... waiting that long outside the gates sucks... and i'll agree that it looks like it could get dangerous...

Canadian Blue
04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
they tore my ticket but besides that I had no problem getting in, I really don't see the issue.......although I did print off my ticket and it wasn't the official scarf ticket

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
just curious if any of you printed your tickets your tickets from the account manager then tried to enter using the ticket on your scarf?

i used my scarf...i might print off the tickets in future if this continues to be a problem

MUFC_Niagara
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
it was bad enough being told to undo my TFC stadium jacket on a rather cold freaking day at the entrance, but to have the scanners malfunction
and having the staff tear of the barcode on the ticket was a bit much..
Come on MLSE get the scanners fixed!!:mad:

This is a thread?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=1389

Rhapido
04-07-2009, 09:51 PM
No trouble with my tix, but it's the same thing everytime at that stadium. Big long lineups to get in. I've become used to it at ACC (because everyone arrives at the last minute) but at BMO Field, it seems that there is a large group of people that want to get in as early as possible and still, there are massive lineups at Gate 2 from the moment the gates open, right up until game time. Can't they open the gates like, 2 hours before? People might even buy an extra beer.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
No trouble with my tix, but it's the same thing everytime at that stadium. Big long lineups to get in. I've become used to it at ACC (because everyone arrives at the last minute) but at BMO Field, it seems that there is a large group of people that want to get in as early as possible and still, there are massive lineups at Gate 2 from the moment the gates open, right up until game time. Can't they open the gates like, 2 hours before? People might even buy an extra beer.

90 minutes would be good enough..that way no rush...the TFC store would be steady without the long lines..the consessions for food and drink
would go smooth...lets do tis MLSE

ExiledRed
04-07-2009, 11:49 PM

and this I believe is part of the reason we're stuck outside the stadium gates in a squash up.

Joe Kool
04-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Put me down for showing up for an extra beer if they open the gates earlier. One hour ain't enough. 90 minutes early sounds just right to me too. Last Saturday was the first day that I showed up 25 min before the game. It took me over 20 min to get in and I almost missed the start of the game. They also lost my usual purchase of beer before the game because of it. Usually I am there when the gates open and have little problem getting in for a beer but an extra 30 min would be great.

Carts
04-08-2009, 08:37 AM
The gate times if I was running BMO...

Gate-1 = 90-minutes prior to game time, fans into the beer garden but no access to the entire stadium. Bring people into the beer garden (increase revenue) while only having the staff needed active for that area (spend a bit of money, bring in alot of money)...

Gates 2/3/4 = 60-minutes prior to game (plus full access to stadium from people in beer garden). Having long lines and rushed fans to get to their seats does nothing to help sales at beer stands & merchandise. Give people time, and they will at least wander by the stands slowly, and perhaps purchase.

These times get supporters (us) in nice and early to support the boys during the warmup. Plus it gives fans with small children time to work their way through the stands to their seats. It gives people wanting to spend cash (food/beer/merchandise) time to do so. And it should stop the "empty seat affect" at first touch.

Carts...