PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Reed: Would the real Toronto FC please stand up?

johnmolinaro
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/04/would_the_real_toronto_fc_peas.html

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 03:08 PM
An article about the game on Saturday? Analysis? Commentary on players?

Madness!

Thank you Nigel and John for getting us back to talking about football.

T_Mizz
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
This is what I hate about Nigel Reed instead of giving people what they clearly want to hear about how the RPB are to blame for everything that has every gone wrong in the stands he is talking about what happened on the pitch, GET ON TOPIC NIGEL!!!
But seriously thanks for realizing what's really important

Suds
04-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Nigel Reed nailed this blog. Right now there are so many unanswered questions about the 2009 team. For me, our team did not react well to the tactics of Seattle. We never seemed like we were settled in to any game plan.

Our movement forward seemed to always break down once getting near the attacking third of the pitch. Almost as if once we got in Seattle's we had not idea of where to be.

Defensively we showed how much work we needs to be done on team defense. We were loosing markers on basic give-and-go passes. Communication between the midfield and back line was a definite issue on Saturday.

MG42
04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Nigels the man.

Mark in Ottawa
04-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks Nigel. As usual right on the mark.
Fan expectations are sky high and it is easy to forget that the team is ahead of where it was last year at this stage.

As mentioned... a few goals will solve a lot.

scooter
04-07-2009, 08:49 AM
thanks to nigel for putting everything in perspective

nice to have a journalist who knows football as opposed to the hacks that went to journalism school and their editor says write me a piece on tfc that will sell some papers (for shame)

Toronto_Bhoy
04-07-2009, 08:57 AM
There's an old saying in sports…

"Your never as good as your best performance…never as bad as your worst."

I'm guessing we are somewhere between KC and Seattle (no, not Idaho) and we will progressively get better as the season moves along. Lots of footy to play…

TFCREDNWHITE
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
An excellent point was raised,

NONE of our strikers have scored yet!! And that my friends is something to worry about!! These MoFo's have to start piling on the goals FFS!!