PDA

View Full Version : How Long Do Mo and Carver...

Marco2K
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
give Rohan Ricketts?????

I would say give him another game or 2. If he does not pick it up are we able to just release him. I would hope we are. Johan smith shows to have more potential.

the Poor guy looks out of shape and completely lost out there.

Personally i never saw much in him. Somehow there are afew of you guys that just love this guy.

Guevara has skill.
vitti has skill

Rickkets has nothing

All he does is well is get in front of the camera.

What do you guys think?

trane
04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
You are kidding , Johan Smith shows you more then Rickets? I must be seeing another team play. Rickets should be benched, but Johan tries hard, and runs hard, but has little else, at best he is a backup.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Smith is underwhelming.

Not sure where this ragging on Ricketts is coming from. The entire team played poorly and he certainly wasn't to blame for our defensive lapses.

wzhxvy
04-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Ricketts has been horrible but Johan has been inept in the time he has played as well...not sure I like either of those options right now...not to say I would not give Johan a start to see how he does....

Marc"2L"
04-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Rohan has until they let him go.

Mo and Carver have till the end of the season, then we see where things stand.

Nawsh
04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm with you on Rickets ... but I have to disagree on Smith.

The dude has loads of physical prowess, but no instincts as a football.

This season, anytime the guy steps onto the pitch ... he's resembled a lightning fast potato. An impressive sight ... but utterly useless in the middle of a Football Match.

I've got the feeling that the likelihood of Jimmy B punching Smith in the face goes up exponentially with the more playing time Smith is given. Just watch Jimmy's frustration whenever he pushes up field with Smith there. Useless positioning, giving nothing for Jimmy to work with.

Bombonera
04-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Ricketts deserves well structured RAG! Not only is his move predictable, (I would say moves, but there really only is one..to the inside), but failing to make "the move" he gives up on everything. Moreover, he makes not effort whatsoever to play defense... I say dig a hole....

Nodoubtguy
04-06-2009, 12:30 PM
why are people talking like its the end of the world?? already talking about who has to go??

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!! 1W, 1D, 1L.....

Lucky Strike
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm with you on Rickets ... but I have to disagree on Smith.

The dude has loads of physical prowess, but no instincts as a football.

This season, anytime the guy steps onto the pitch ... he's resembled a lightning fast potato. An impressive sight ... but utterly useless in the middle of a Football Match.

I've got the feeling that the likelihood of Jimmy B punching Smith in the face goes up exponentially with the more playing time Smith is given. Just watch Jimmy's frustration whenever he pushes up field with Smith there. Useless positioning, giving nothing for Jimmy to work with.

+1. Ricketts hasn't had a good start, but 3 games is a little early to crucify him. Smith impressed me at times last year, but there's been no such display this time around. As I noted in my player ratings, That Brennan had to tell Smith to move, get open, or generally do something is a big black eye on the guy. If at the end of the season, his contract his up (which I think it is) and he had a bad year, TFC can negotiate a lesser wage or let him go altogether. Unless they find another player that blows their socks off, I don't see RR10 being let go mid-season.

dantdot
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
He should be at least benched, stop rewarding him for multiple shit games and send a message.

Pigfynn
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I tell you what's most concerning to me is that TFC doesn't have a young reserve /bench player pushing for Ricketts place.

Why doesn't someone with the team that sees this weakness try to force their way into his spot? You may say someone is, but I've not seen anything mentioned anywhere.

There's something the soccer journalists can write about!

Ossington Mental Youth
Pretty much this season, if he doesnt shape up id bet good money hes gonna get shipped out. That being said its been 3 games so its a bit early.

Chevy
He should be at least benched, stop rewarding him for multiple shit games and send a message.

Along that line, he was apparently told by Carver to stop all personal appearances until May.

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
3 games is enough for me that I want to see him benched next game. I won't call for his head yet, but he should be benched to see how he reacts to it. Last week I said Ricketts was the best option we had for this week's game. He once again showed I was wrong, Cronin is the better option, until Ricketts proves he can come off the bench and make an impact.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I tell you what's most concerning to me is that TFC doesn't have a young/reserve bench player pushing for Ricketts place.

Why doesn't someone with the team that sees this weakness try to force their way into his spot? You may say someone is, but I've not seen anything mentioned anywhere.

There's something the soccer journalists can write about!

I hear what youre saying but the cap and rosters affect that. I know we should have em out of NCAA but Johann was supposed to be his back up and it appears that Johann unless he really changes his style for the better isnt what we all hoped (and i thought) he had been cracked up to be

trane
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I just hope that people do not give Mo and Carver a full season. Mo certainly should not have a full season, Carver maybe may be given the rest of the season, but as I keep on saying 10 games is all they have in my books. Not that it realy matters.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-06-2009, 12:37 PM
i do want to see him benched and then work his way back on the field, i do think Cronin deserves to start and i also think Barrett should be benched because as of right now they are not starting material

Ossington Mental Youth
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Mos here till the end of the season, no playoffs, no Mo, as for Carver i dunno but i dont think 10 games is enough to rid of either of them, especially when theres most likely no back up to take over

ensco
04-06-2009, 12:39 PM
here's what I thought your header was going to lead into:

"....have before the supporters start coming after them with pitchforks?"

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Mos here till the end of the season, no playoffs, no Mo, as for Carver i dunno but i dont think 10 games is enough to rid of either of them, especially when theres most likely no back up to take over

Well it's all about perspective. If we go winless the next 7 games, then yes, it's more then enough time to get rid of Carver and possibly Mo. I would actually say that if we have a losing record after 10 games, it's time to make changes. We have a solid team on paper, there is no reason why we should have a losing record.

Parkdale
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm not blown away by Vitti. He had one really good play that didn't end in a goal.

Rickets has had MANY great plays, and even scored a freakin hat-trick for us last year.
(he did right? or was it two goals for him and one on a PK?)

you know who really looked lousy on Saturday? ----- > Jim Brennan.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I just hope that people do not give Mo and Carver a full season. Mo certainly should not have a full season, Carver maybe may be given the rest of the season, but as I keep on saying 10 games is all they have in my books. Not that it realy matters.

are you nuts?! Look what Mo has delivered this season: De Rosario, Vitti, Serioux, Robbo signed on for 2 more years, another top CB on the way soon (according to usually respected sources in the field) and a masterful playing of the draft which gave us three superb young players, two of whom are making an instant impact on the side on their profesisonal debut seasons. What happens from here on in is not Mo's job or fault. With the cap system in place there's very little Mo could have done to put together a better squad than the one we currently have. and we know from Carver that he's done it by workign with the head coach to try and get the players Carver wanted. On top of that, look what we gave up for De Rosario. what the fuck else do you want from Mo? Don't be such an idiot, and stop hating on Mo because you have seen other people do it. He's done a brilliant job this off season. :noidea:

ensco
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Absolutely. Jimmy B's in a bad funk. He's been terrible this year, ex the goal at KC, which was a beauty.

He'll get more time to figure it out than Ricketts will, but he needs to find the missing gear fast.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Well it's all about perspective. If we go winless the next 7 games, then yes, it's more then enough time to get rid of Carver and possibly Mo. I would actually say that if we have a losing record after 10 games, it's time to make changes. We have a solid team on paper, there is no reason why we should have a losing record.

and that's down to Mo. so why are you suggesting canning him after 9 games of a season??!! makes no sense :noidea:

Nuvinho
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
who are these players Rickkets and Rickets?? But, I do feel that JC will bench him and Barrett, since Dallas backline, isn't that big, DD will have a field day hopefully.

Jo Smith runs fast with no purpose.

trane
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
^ This has been the same song for three years, and I will say this again I do not give a shit what the team looks on paper, I want team that performs on the field. 10 games is what I give them, if they do not deliver they need to go, otherwise the franchise looses crediblity.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
^ This has been the same song for three years, and I will say this again I do not give a shit what the team looks on paper, I want team that performs on the field. 10 games is what I give them, if they do not deliver they need to go, otherwise the franchise looses crediblity.

so you;re saying if one guy puts together the best team we could reasonably hope for on paper, and another guy fails to get the best out of that team, both guys have to go? what's the fucking point of that?! why not keep the guy who's good at putting together a good squad?

and who do you plan on replacing them with by the way? what world class coaches are going to be available midway through an MLS season?

this kind of knee-jerk reaction to our first bad game when the season has barely even begun is just mindless. get a grip.

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
and that's down to Mo. so why are you suggesting canning him after 9 games of a season??!! makes no sense :noidea:

Dude, I'm not a Mo hater, talking to the wrong person. look at my quote again. After 10 games I would dump Carver and possibly Mo. Mo has made some good moves this offseason, but also a very poor one. Most importantly, trading Marshall for absolutely no reason and making us start the season without a decent defense.

But at the end of the day, if this team goes winless the next 7 games, Mo has to go. At that point, it would be if anything to save face. I agree though, Mo has improved this team, and I thought they underperformed last year as well. So he's probably the last to blame if you ask me.

trane
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
^ I have a grip about the reality of football, you do not produce results you are responsible for them. If we are not winning 10 games into the season, Mo will have to pay the price. Who replaces them is not my call, but I for one would look at Montreal, but it is realy up to them. But enough excuses.

trane
04-06-2009, 12:56 PM
The whole think about Mo/Carver hater thing, I am neither, and yes I think that some good moves were made, and no far we have improved, but clearly we still have some major concerns. I am not calling for anyone job right now, I just hope that we are not as patient this year.

DVS
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
^ I have a grip about the reality of football, you do not produce results you are responsible for them. If we are not winning 10 games into the season, Mo will have to pay the price. Who replaces them is not my call, but I for one would look at Montreal, but it is realy up to them. But enough excuses.

I hear your logic but if Mo is gone then carver should walk the plank. Can you get rid of your management a third into the season??

cmonyoureds
04-06-2009, 12:58 PM

+1 EXACTLY.
People crucified these guys for tossing Marshall with no "apparent" plan in place. Now they want to do exactly the same thing some bagged on them for????
For every post advocating losing the two of them, I have yet to see one that indicates replacements! Oh, and I'm not throwing in the towel on either. All moves have been in the right direction.

trane
04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
^ It is too early, I am not calling for anyones job at this point, all I am saying lets not give them another full seasons of excuses. If we are lets say 2-4-4 ten games in, changes will have to be complicated. I do not want another season of fuitility.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Carver's not the problem.....

It's the Fucking 2.5 million salary cap!! 2.5 million gets you a bunch of blind fucking squirrels!

Carter
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I love how everyone wants to get rid of carver, you guys are the same one who was praising him a week ago.

I think the product on the Pitch is more than just the man barking orders, if your top players are producing teach them a lesson, bench ricketts for alittle while, maybe he'll get his head outta promoting and start playing some football.

The guy is a professional Football player, not a spokesperson, if thats what he wants to do, fire his ass to the bench, and he can promote as. Rohan Ricketts the benchwarmer TFC player.

loconet
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
.., and even scored a freakin hat-trick ......

Yah, I think that's actually one milestone we have yet to achieve - the hat-trick. Guevara was close in KC. If I recall correctly, Ricketts had two braces last year but no hat-trick.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I love how everyone wants to get rid of carver, you guys are the same one who was praising him a week ago.

I think the product on the Pitch is more than just the man barking orders, if your top players are producing teach them a lesson, bench ricketts for alittle while, maybe he'll get his head outta promoting and start playing some football.

The guy is a professional Football player, not a spokesperson, if thats what he wants to do, fire his ass to the bench, and he can promote as. Rohan Ricketts the benchwarmer TFC player.

+1 AGREED!

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Dude, I'm not a Mo hater, talking to the wrong person. look at my quote again. After 10 games I would dump Carver and possibly Mo. Mo has made some good moves this offseason, but also a very poor one. Most importantly, trading Marshall for absolutely no reason and making us start the season without a decent defense.

But at the end of the day, if this team goes winless the next 7 games, Mo has to go. At that point, it would be if anything to save face. I agree though, Mo has improved this team, and I thought they underperformed last year as well. So he's probably the last to blame if you ask me.

Marhsall went to make room in the cap space for Serioux, who is significantly younger and doesn't take up an international spot. Any difference in quality is minimal when you weigh up their comparative strengths and wekanesses, including age. There's only so much quality you can squeeze into the cap space as it stands dude.

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM

Oh yeah, really? I'd love for you to find me a quote EVER on these boards where I have praised carver. Start using the search feature ;)

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Marhsall went to make room in the cap space for Serioux, who is significantly younger and doesn't take up an international spot. Any difference in quality is minimal when you weigh up their comparative strengths and wekanesses, including age. There's only so much quality you can squeeze into the cap space as it stands dude.

Do you know that for a fact? cause the last time I saw numbers (which weren't factual), TFC had over 200K in allocation money left. And if what you are saying is true, then we wouldn't be signing anyone else this season without dumbing more salary. In which case, anyone that gets dumped for the next CB should've been dumped before marshall. We were desperate for defenders, and we dumped a defender.

trane
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Nobody is saying fire anyone, what I am saying if that in this third season they need to produce, if not there have to be consequences, 10 games is a good enoug indicator of the quality of a team. If they are 4-3-3, I would be happy to say that we are on the right path, and if we are 2-4-4, for example, I do not have to waite untill the end of the season to demand change after two seasons, of mostly shite.

I agree that the salary cap is crap, but again Seatle is under the same rules.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
^ It is too early, I am not calling for anyones job at this point, all I am saying lets not give them another full seasons of excuses. If we are lets say 2-4-4 ten games in, changes will have to be complicated. I do not want another season of fuitility.

But that's the whole point!!!! We're three games into the season and our first two results were basically considered to be pretty good. Now, after 90 minutes of things not being quite as good, you've started raising all this crap abotu getting rid of people "if X and Y hapepns". regardless of how you try and justify it, the bottom line is you're already looking down the road and talking about off-loading Mo and Carver. because of what? one bad game against a team that may well be MLS Cup champions this season and have at their heartbeat a guy who used to destroy PL sides on a regular basis?!

why even bother bringing it up? we're not winless, we won the first game. after the KK draw everyone was really pleased with our results. one bad game later and you're creating doomsday scenarios and talking about how bad things have to get before we start to fire the coach. the SAME coach who got us the first two results we were really pleased about.

IT'S ONE GAME. get over it, and stop even bringing this kind of pointless conjecture up to begin with. it's based on nothing and whatever you say it;s a knee-jerk reaction to the Seattle game, because if we'd won on saturday you wouldn't even be posting this drivel (would you?).

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Nobody is saying fire anyone, what I am saying if that in this third season they need to produce, if not there have to be consequences, 10 games is a good enoug indicator of the quality of a team. If they are 4-3-3, I would be happy to say that we are on the right path, and if we are 2-4-4, for example, I do not have to waite untill the end of the season to demand change after two seasons, of mostly shite.

Yes, and it should be mentioned that we are playing FC Dallas TWICE, KC once, and we play Vancouver and Montreal at home in the Canada Cup within that time frame. We have more then enough opportunities in the next 10 games to make a statement.

Nuvinho
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Just a question, why is JC in Dallas looking at the Academy team, don't we have others who can go. Cummings led the practice today?

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090406&content_id=236274&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
But that's the whole point!!!! We're three games into the season and our first two results were basically considered to be pretty good. Now, after 90 minutes of things not being quite as good, you've started raising all this crap abotu getting rid of people "if X and Y hapepns". regardless of how you try and justify it, the bottom line is you're already looking down the road and talking about off-loading Mo and Carver. because of what? one bad game against a team that may well be MLS Cup champions this season and have at their heartbeat a guy who used to destroy PL sides on a regular basis?!

why even bother bringing it up? we're not winless, we won the first game. after the KK draw everyone was really pleased with our results. one bad game later and you're creating doomsday scenarios and talking about how bad things have to get before we start to fire the coach. the SAME coach who got us the first two results we were really pleased about.

IT'S ONE GAME. get over it, and stop even bringing this kind of pointless conjecture up to begin with. it's based on nothing and whatever you say it;s a knee-jerk reaction to the Seattle game, because if we'd won on saturday you wouldn't even be posting this drivel (would you?).

We played pretty bad in Columbus as well. We pulled a point out of our ass, but we played bad. The last two games are reminisent of last year, that is why the conversation comes up.

trane
04-06-2009, 01:18 PM

There is no doomsday scenario, we just need to set standards and expectations, not just make excuses. Why is it such a problem to even suggest that if we do not get results there should be consequences.

trane
04-06-2009, 01:18 PM
We played pretty bad in Columbus as well. We pulled a point out of our ass, but we played bad. The last two games are reminisent of last year, that is why the conversation comes up.

Exactly.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Do you know that for a fact? cause the last time I saw numbers (which weren't factual), TFC had over 200K in allocation money left. And if what you are saying is true, then we wouldn't be signing anyone else this season without dumbing more salary. In which case, anyone that gets dumped for the next CB should've been dumped before marshall. We were desperate for defenders, and we dumped a defender.

Quite obviously I don't know it for a fact. But from what I understand they earn about the same, whereas I think the likes of Velez earn significantly less so would free up less space in a trade. the 200k in allocation money could be completely made up, so it's useless to throw it out there, none of us really know how much is or isn't left.

but what we do know for certain is that:

a) marshall is getting old, even for a CB
b) he took up an international spot
c) Serioux is younger, and
d) Serioux is Canadian.

So if they are in roughly the same pay bracket, then it's not unreasonable to think Tyrone was traded to make way for Serioux.

trane
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
^ I agree that Tyrone may have been moved to make room for Serioux, but replacing Marshall for Serioux may upgrade one of the CB spots, but you clearly still have issues at the other spot. Unless you believe someone is ready is ready to step up in the other. Harmse is certianly not stepping up.

RedsYNWA
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
In my opinion Brennan really sucked the past 2 games,I think being a new father and lack of sleep is ruining him.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
There is no doomsday scenario, we just need to set standards and expectations, not just make excuses. Why is it such a problem to even suggest that if we do not get results there should be consequences.

Of course it's a doomsday scenario. You're talking about how bad things have to get to fire the coach and GM. That's only going to happen if things really go up the shitter. And if they are both fired, then TFC has got a massive rebuilding job on its hands. It will be hard to find another coach and GM at short notice and in the middle of a season who are any good. A number of the players may also decide to call time on their TFC careers or careers generally if Mo and JC are fired (not uncommon when any manager is sacked). We'd basically be left in a disaster scenario.

We lost one game, and straight away you're on here banging on about how bad things will have to get before XYZ happens. Why even focus on that? We looked good in pre-season terms, we played really well away from home at KC and secured an away draw to the reigning champions with the heart of our midfield missing. Now after one bad game at home you're looking into your glass of doom and posting on what level of desperation needs to be reached before we can JC and/or Mo. had we won against Seattle, you wouldn't have bothered becuase it would have been pointless. And my point is, it's still pointless, because we've only played three games and everyone was very happy with results after the first two games. :noidea:

trane
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
^ I have actualy said it from seeing the pre-season game at Shoeless, we did not look great, harmse and Serioux looked rough, and out of position, in attack we looked confused, I though at the time, that while on offense it all looks good on paper, I needed it to look good on the pitch. So at the time I said to myslef and on the board, 10 games is a good enough to see what the reality of this team is. That is not doomsday it is just a realisitc measure of our improvemtn of lack of such.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
^ I agree that Tyrone may have been moved to make room for Serioux, but replacing Marshall for Serioux may upgrade one of the CB spots, but you clearly still have issues at the other spot. Unless you believe someone is ready is ready to step up in the other. Harmse is certianly not stepping up.

That was my whole point. Someone posted it was a bad move, I posted it was only done to get Serioux in under the cap space. Obviously trading Velez for Serioux would have made the defence stronger. but if it couldn;t be done under the cap space then it's unfair to slate Mo for making a bad move when there's not much else he could have done.

Anyway, I'm done with arguing about all this crap. There's no reason - NONE - for anyone to be banging on about sacking JC after one bad game at home. Wake up and realise that bad results can happen through a season and you don't have to start running around screaming like a headless chicken that the sky is falling in and wondering when we should be sacking the coach. :noidea:

brad
04-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm not blown away by Vitti. He had one really good play that didn't end in a goal.

You mean in the first half when he cut inside and shot?

He also put the ball in the back of the net in the second half (after a Dichio foul, but that doesn't detract from it), and forced a good save out of Keller.

I'd agree about not being blown away, but the early signs are positive as far as I'm concerned.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:36 PM
You mean in the first half when he cut inside and shot?

He also put the ball in the back of the net in the second half (after a Dichio foul, but that doesn't detract from it), and forced a good save out of Keller.

I'd agree about not being blown away, but the early signs are positive as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Vitti is also the type of player who will find it difficult to shine if the team isn't clicking well. So to see some good moments from him on Saturday is encouraging I think. When the forward play starts to come together more, he will hopefully start to look really good, especially at home.

J .
04-06-2009, 01:37 PM
We need an upgrade on that side of the field regardless. I hope Ricketts can come through but if I was Mo I would be ready to have an upgrade in mind. He will need to start doing something in the next few games, but he does deserve a few more games. I know he is not the primary option going forward, but he is just absent from the game.

brad
04-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I like Carver, and I'm not ready to point fingers yet in reaction to a couple of sub-par performances.

However, against Seattle and Columbus, the problems were evident. We were not doing the simple things, like pass and move, showing for the ball that every competitive player has coached into them at a very young age.

That is a coaching issue...

Arnie Knows
04-06-2009, 01:38 PM
There has been optimism very much so for both season 2 and 3 .. So Far we have fell flat on our face ( the team ) and shit the bed..
The team does not look that good bottom line and I don't see much chance of it getting much better with this crew..

Sad to say but is this problem with FO , Mo , Carver , the players all of the above..
The Fans are carrying this team on their shoulders.. For How Long I wonder

maninb
04-06-2009, 01:43 PM
We get a good CB and we'll be fine...at least make the playoffs...After 3 games nobody should be panicking dude...If we lose to a crap team like Dallas next weekend then we can start complaining...until then GO TFC!!!!!

gtaguy
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
After 3 games nobody should be panicking dude...If we lose to a crap team like Dallas next weekend then we can start complaining...until then GO TFC!!!!!

I totally agree but i do want to let the squad know that if this is the type of quality im going to see for the rest of the season then were screwed.
Im not just talking about our first home game this began in columbus 2 weeks ago.
I really hoped that this team was going to come out flying and trying to look impressive in front of the home crowd, however i think all our chanting and screaming scared them into a fetal position.

J C give these guys some red hot chili peppers, shuve some mexican jumping beans in thier arsess, give them a handful of viagra n e thing to get theses guys more motivated..

reggie
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
why the fuck is JC in dallas...does he need a holiday??

TFC07
04-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Bingo. If TFC fails to make it to the playoffs and don't win Canada Cup and Mo still not fired, then I will personally stop supporting this team.

bhoybobby
04-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I sussed RR out right away, shoite, overpaid, underachieving shiote from day 1. Severe case of Welshieitis

bhoybobby
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Carver's not the problem.....

It's the Fucking 2.5 million salary cap!! 2.5 million gets you a bunch of blind fucking squirrels!t

Seattle squirrels have excellent eyesite

BFin
04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Give me Sam Cronin in the starting squad.
Sit Ricketts down to teach him a short lesson (no point in burying him there)
Do not let Jim Brennan try and make stupid moves with the ball, and if he does...bench him too.
And for the fans, calm down. 3 games folks...3 games.
We are mid table at this (very early) point,

Also, Carter has it absolutely right, anyone who posted in the John Carver is god threads from last week should not be on him. That's just fairweather support.

BFin
04-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Because the TFC academy is playing.
Stop looking for faults and jump back on the bandwagon.
Guy flies out right after the game to watch ours and other youth players and you jump on him.

bhoybobby
04-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Give me Sam Cronin in the starting squad.
Sit Ricketts down to teach him a short lesson (no point in burying him there)
Do not let Jim Brennan try and make stupid moves with the ball, and if he does...bench him too.
And for the fans, calm down. 3 games folks...3 games.
We are mid table at this (very early) point,

Also, Carter has it absolutely right, anyone who posted in the John Carver is god threads from last week should not be on him. That's just fairweather support.

Jimmy made the offensive move of the game for TFC when he skinned that defender & put that cross in. That's what we need from RR, he hasn't got it though, he pish, has been since he got here, ghtf. If we don't get a quality sweeper, we're fecked. That's been the case since pontius was a pilot. Letting Marshall go was incompetence

ExiledRed
04-06-2009, 04:38 PM
'shitting the bed' is supposed to be a one off, and evidence suggests otherwise.

People are talking about our second game against Columbus as if it were a victory, or even a well earned point.

It wasn't. We shit the bed then too, Columbus owned the game, they even scored our goal for us. Until the last few minutes we were the losing side. The play was sloppy, unimaginative and withdrawn, and if Padula hadnt made that mistake, we wouldn't have capitalised, and we'd have gone home empty handed.

We weren't even lucky, Columbus was unlucky.

What's worse about this is that Columbus were playing awful, and were still the better team. Alarm bells should have been going off then, but instead we were 'absolutely delighted with 4 points on the road'

Personally, I am sick of the rock bottom standards and sub-par football we are subjected to as TFC supporters. All too often we look like we don't belong in this league, with unprofessional passes, poor control and a worrying reliance on longball.

It's going to be loooong season again, if we don't improve radically.

Seattle are proving that our excuses these last two seasons are poor excuses. They never looked worried on Saturday, gained our measure, did their job and left. Not that they aren't teaching all the other MLS teams a lesson in quality football.

ensco
04-06-2009, 04:46 PM
'shitting the bed' is supposed to be a one off, and evidence suggests otherwise.

People are talking about our second game against Columbus as if it were a victory, or even a well earned point.

It wasn't. We shit the bed then too, Columbus owned the game, they even scored our goal for us. Until the last few minutes we were the losing side. The play was sloppy, unimaginative and withdrawn, and if Padula hadnt made that mistake, we wouldn't have capitalised, and we'd have gone home empty handed.

We weren't even lucky, Columbus was unlucky.

What's worse about this is that Columbus were playing awful, and were still the better team. Alarm bells should have been going off then, but instead we were 'absolutely delighted with 4 points on the road'

Personally, I am sick of the rock bottom standards and sub-par football we are subjected to as TFC supporters. All too often we look like we don't belong in this league, with unprofessional passes, poor control and a worrying reliance on longball.

It's going to be loooong season again, if we don't improve radically.

Seattle are proving that our excuses these last two seasons are poor excuses. They never looked worried on Saturday, gained our measure, did their job and left. Not that they aren't teaching all the other MLS teams a lesson in quality football.

Seattle were so much better than us. Better on the ball. Better in the air. Much better marking. They destroyed us, with one of their top players out in circumstances that could have distracted their team.

We are a poor football team in deep trouble. Anyone who doesn't realize this is blind.

So why was Carver in Dallas with the Academy today? I don't care what he had scheduled, he needed to be reassessing his priorities this week. By going on that trip, he's not showing the urgency we need.

reggie
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Because the TFC academy is playing.
Stop looking for faults and jump back on the bandwagon.
Guy flies out right after the game to watch ours and other youth players and you jump on him.
we played 3 games and played like shit in 2 of them..
he belongs here getting ready for saturday...

Shathan
04-06-2009, 05:01 PM
well he is dallas to possibly find talent in a new player.

Watching tfc this year from the start alot of players are missing that spark they had for most of the season last year. What i mean by this is dichio and dero are the only players (besides goaltenders) putting in an effort on the pitch the rest seem asleep

man whats with wynne this year he doesn't seem as good as he used to be.

Shakes McQueen
04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't think Marshall was a good CB, but I think he was better than Velez, and I don't understand why we canned him before his replacement was signed. It's clear Serioux wasn't intended to be his replacement.

As for Ricketts and Barrett - I do think it's time for them to sit out a game. Maybe bring both in as late subs, if we are winning around the 70th minute.

I do expect one or both to be sitting. Carver made some provocative post-match statements, about how he was tired of giving certain players chances, and having them not deliver. That would seem to be squarely aimed at Barrett and/or Ricketts.

Cronin has earned the start, and I want Dichio/Vitti to work together.

- Scott

Ultra & Proud
04-06-2009, 05:07 PM
man whats with wynne this year he doesn't seem as good as he used to be.

I think his time with the USMNT has burned him out. I think all those worries of him darting for Europe can stop now.

But on to Ricketts. Pretty much total shite and a waste for starting. Throw Cronin in to start and bring Ricketts in late for a boost if needed. Cronin has shown me more that both Ricketts & Smith this year.

reggie
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
any idea when OB WHITE will be ready?
his he more a striker or a winger?

Marco2K
04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Ricketts makes way to much money for this league. I believe its over 200 000 .

Damn thats alot of cash for a guy who cant last more then 50 mins.

Johan smith must make something like $45 000. If i had the choice of who to keep and who to dump $$$ money would make it an easy decesion.

Serioux has looked out of place, But come on was he ever that good? I dont know where all the love came from.

As for Carver being in TEXAS. WHERE THE FUCK IS MO????? This guy is pulling a houdini.

MikeM
04-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I've had enough of Mo to be quite honest.

Beach_Red
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I find it very disappointing that Sigi was willing to change teams in the off season and TFC didn't even make an offer. There's no salary cap on coaches, right?

bhoybobby
04-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I find it very disappointing that Sigi was willing to change teams in the off season and TFC didn't even make an offer. There's no salary cap on coaches, right?

Sigi wouldn't tolerate an operator like Mo, whereas, JC has to for now

jloome
04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
are you nuts?! Look what Mo has delivered this season: De Rosario, Vitti, Serioux, Robbo signed on for 2 more years, another top CB on the way soon (according to usually respected sources in the field) and a masterful playing of the draft which gave us three superb young players, two of whom are making an instant impact on the side on their profesisonal debut seasons. What happens from here on in is not Mo's job or fault. With the cap system in place there's very little Mo could have done to put together a better squad than the one we currently have. and we know from Carver that he's done it by workign with the head coach to try and get the players Carver wanted. On top of that, look what we gave up for De Rosario. what the fuck else do you want from Mo? Don't be such an idiot, and stop hating on Mo because you have seen other people do it. He's done a brilliant job this off season. :noidea:

Brilliant offensively, shit defensively. Serioux is not a line-leading centre back. Marshall WAS, about a decade ago, and was still the best defender we had.

You can't honestly think it's brilliant if we can't sign a commanding centre back.

Dozitwin
04-06-2009, 06:09 PM
give Rohan Ricketts?????

I would say give him another game or 2. If he does not pick it up are we able to just release him. I would hope we are. Johan smith shows to have more potential.

You're not serious. Smith has been useless the past two games he's been in. vs. Columbus he would run ahead with his back to the play and left Jimmy holding the ball without support. This past game it was the exact opposite. I watch Jimmy yell at him to start moving as he was standing still staring at Jimmy with the ball.

There is no way Smith has more to offer than Ricketts

BFin
04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
we played 3 games and played like shit in 2 of them..
he belongs here getting ready for saturday...
Nice recovery.
(Insert non smiling eye rolling smiley)

giambac
04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
give Rohan Ricketts?????

the Poor guy looks out of shape and completely lost out there.

Personally i never saw much in him. Somehow there are afew of you guys that just love this guy.

Guevara has skill.
vitti has skill

Rickkets has nothing

All he does is well is get in front of the camera.

What do you guys think?

The problem isn't Smith and it isn't Ricketts.

The problem is the same as last year. Carver.......

Just face it.

brad
04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
any idea when OB WHITE will be ready?
his he more a striker or a winger?

They talked about this on Soccer Central. I think they said July. He's currently only doing fitness work, he hasn't been cleared for full training. He has an appointment with the surgeon next week, and may get cleared to step up his training.

He is a striker. From the little I know, he's strong, quick and a good finisher. I've heard him described as a complete striker. He would have been drafted first overall if he had been injured. While this is highly subjective, I've been impressed with Zakuani so far, and if White was expected to go before him, he must be a hell of a player.

However, I would be surprised if he is much of a factor this year. He has to make the step up to the MLS, and recover from a major injury. Both of those are massive tasks. I'll be happy if he proves me wrong.

ExiledRed
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Brilliant offensively, shit defensively. Serioux is not a line-leading centre back. Marshall WAS, about a decade ago, and was still the best defender we had.

You can't honestly think it's brilliant if we can't sign a commanding centre back.

How has he done brilliant offensively again?

This season has started with Barrett and an untested element crucial to our offensive plan.

Brilliant!

deeznutz
04-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Fact of the matter is that he draws players towards him that opens up the field for others! It don't matter if he didn't score or hit the post.He draws the players in and thats good enough for the team to open up the game!

Marco2K
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
except he stinks. and he is out of shape. Living the high life.

ExiledRed
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Fact of the matter is that he draws players towards him that opens up the field for others! It don't matter if he didn't score or hit the post.He draws the players in and thats good enough for the team to open up the game!

Come on Deez, this is football, we don't need a decoy on the field that has no other function.

Danny not only opens up the field by drawing the players to him, but he's able to lay the ball off to someone who can take advantage of that, oh yeah, and he knows where the net is. So why are we starting Barrett again?

Fushida
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM

so you DON'T want homegrown youth... and you also don't want our team to take good looks at other youth from around the world? interesting...

who are these players Rickkets and Rickets?? But, I do feel that JC will bench him and Barrett, since Dallas backline, isn't that big, DD will have a field day hopefully.

Jo Smith runs fast with no purpose.

When he decides to run that is.. :rolleyes: last two games he's come on, supposedly fresh, and done nothing but stand and ball watch half the time while the likes of Cronin, Guevara, DeRo are chasing the ball even though they've played the whole game up to that point.. disappointing is too weak a word to describe Smith's limited performances this year..

bhoybobby
04-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I think his time with the USMNT has burned him out. I think all those worries of him darting for Europe can stop now.

But on to Ricketts. Pretty much total shite and a waste for starting. Throw Cronin in to start and bring Ricketts in late for a boost if needed. Cronin has shown me more that both Ricketts & Smith this year.

From day 1, it was apparent to me that Wynne's biggest asset was his speed, he can't pass, terrible 1st touch, can't mark, can't read the game well, not the best tackler. Other than that he's good

Also from day 1, RR, is a posseur, not enough speed to go outside, terrible decision making, falls over the ball, inconsistent crosser, non existent in the air, not good defensively, other than that, he's a lovely lad.

Then there's Harmse & Barrett quite possibly the worst supposed football players I've seen turn out for TFC.

These 4 clowns are starters ffs, the future looks so bright I gotta wear shades

J .
04-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I wouldnt mind having Barrett come off the bench at the 60-65th minute as opposed to starting. I think Dichio holding the ball up would help Vitti, Guevara and DeRo a lot. But I do want to give Barrett time playing. His effort should be rewarded. Goals will come.

Ricketts, should sit next game and get 2-3 more shots for me to throw him under the bus. He has talent, but where is he mentally.

MUFC_Niagara
04-07-2009, 02:02 AM

Rickets has had MANY great plays, and even scored a freakin hat-trick for us last year.
(he did right? or was it two goals for him and one on a PK?)

Vitti was our best player on Saturday. What game did he score a hat-trick in?

Dirk Diggler
04-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Yeah. I don't think Brennan has scored more than 3 goals for TFC in all the games combined.

Marco2K
04-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Ricketts scored 2 goals twice last year. THATS IT THATS ALL

Yohan
04-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Ricketts scored 2 goals twice last year. THATS IT THATS ALL
plus two in Canada Cup, one against Mtl and Van.

6 goals for a winger

GhostPK
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Smith isnt a starter. When he was subbed on in the home opener, Jimmy B had the ball and no more then 10 feet in front of him was smith facing him from behind a seattle defender. You can hear Jimmy yell GO then smith takes off and runs up the wing without ever looking back. Smith has potential but definately is not a starter.

ensco
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
How has he done brilliant offensively again?

This season has started with Barrett and an untested element crucial to our offensive plan.

Brilliant!

That decision to sit Dichio rests with Carver, not Mo. Although Mo was the one running the guy down to the papers as part of his offseason campaign to get us to accept that he asked a team leader and producer to take a pay cut.

ExiledRed
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
^^ A pay cut? or a part time rate?

Steve
04-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Both Ricketts and Barrett are having trouble mentally right now, but I would say for different reasons. Ricketts is not concentrating on the soccer at all. He seems to be happy to be a celebrity, and seemingly thinks too much of himself. He needs to be knocked down a peg or two, benched, kept for extra practice, and shown that he needs to step up or get out. Forget the spotlight, forget the blog, forget the camera. Take the name off the back of his jersey and let him earn his place.

Barrett (to my mind) is another kettle of fish, but one I have more hope for (though don't ask me why). He's snakebitten. He's an instinctual striker who is playing with his head. Look at some of the goals he had last year (for example, his turn-top corner on a volley). You give him no time to think, his instincts take over. You give him any time at all, and his brain freezes up (for example passing it to the keeper). This is a player where confidence is everything, because the longer he goes without scoring, the more he thinks about why he isn't scoring, and the worse the problem becomes. I don't know what the answer is with him, other than him getting a goal (be it off a shin, chest, head, whatever). Once he does, his confidence will return, and he'll stop thinking about scoring, and score. For this reason, I'm not willing to give up on him yet (or bench him) though a supersub position might work (on in the 60th) as long as he doesn't view him as the coach losing faith in him (which will just make it worse).

So, in recap, I think Carver needs to tell Ricketts he sucks, and Barrett he's great, but unlucky.

ExiledRed
04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Barrett (to my mind) is another kettle of fish, but one I have more hope for (though don't ask me why). He's snakebitten. He's an instinctual striker who is playing with his head. Look at some of the goals he had last year (for example, his turn-top corner on a volley). You give him no time to think, his instincts take over. You give him any time at all, and his brain freezes up (for example passing it to the keeper). This is a player where confidence is everything, because the longer he goes without scoring, the more he thinks about why he isn't scoring, and the worse the problem becomes. I don't know what the answer is with him, other than him getting a goal (be it off a shin, chest, head, whatever). Once he does, his confidence will return, and he'll stop thinking about scoring, and score. For this reason, I'm not willing to give up on him yet (or bench him) though a supersub position might work (on in the 60th) as long as he doesn't view him as the coach losing faith in him (which will just make it worse).

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not sure.

Cunningham didnt gain confidence once he found the net. He scored some beautiful goals too, but it didnt stop him from choking nine times out of ten.

The problem with Barrett is he only gets a couple of chances every game, and to ensure a goal, he needs about six.

I agree that he thinks too much, but that's usually a sign you just dont have the killer instinct that a striker needs.

Steve
04-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not sure.

Cunningham didnt gain confidence once he found the net. He scored some beautiful goals too, but it didnt stop him from choking nine times out of ten.

The problem with Barrett is he only gets a couple of chances every game, and to ensure a goal, he needs about six.

I agree that he thinks too much, but that's usually a sign you just dont have the killer instinct that a striker needs.

Yeah, personally, I'm not sure which way he will turn out, but all signs point to a striker stuck in his head. The one thing that gives me hope is his age. I know that many strikers that age are already kicking ass and taking names, but we're dealing with MLS quality here, so we might need to keep expectations lower. As I said, I think Barrett has the instinct, I just don't think he knows how to let it take over.

I can see Barrett breaking through this year (he scored 9 goals last year, not terrible) and becoming a force in this league. I can also see him falling into the "TFC Choke" and falling out of grace with Carver after missing a 2 yard sitter to lose the NCC. I just don't want to give up on him too early, since he has the potential to be a game breaker (again, I'm not saying he will be, merely that I think it's possible).

Though I do think he's going to need to have his breakthrough before the end of the season. If Vitti steps up, and O'brian White comes off of injury confident and dangerous, Barrett might not even be able to get the "Dichio is old and can't play the full 90" minutes.