PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Cooper

trane
04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
If we do not get better, and physical CB play Kenny Cooper will be a big problem for us on Saturday. He is the best Striker in the league for my money, CB play has to improve to contain him, or our mids have to control the midfield, so that quality balls do not get to him.

rocker
04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
a team is more than one player.

Right down Dallas has Kenny Cooper and they are 0-3. So I'm not really concerned with him.

He can get his goal from half or whatever, but it's up to the rest of Dallas to pick up their play or else they will be losing more games.

Sonny Cheeba
04-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't forget about Cunny, he's a menace.

Red CB Toronto
04-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Either way, Kenny is a good player and someone you always have to be concerned about, Dallas will be looking for their first victory and will fight for it, so TFC will have to be on their game and make great improvement on their play.

Lucky Strike
04-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Don't forget about Cunny, he's a menace.

...to his own team! ZING! :D

Nuvinho
04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
If Cunny scores against us on a blunder by Harmse.....grrrrrrrrr.......that's all I have to say!!!

rocker
04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
will fight for it, .

maybe... but I haven't seen a lot of "fight" in FCD this season.

FCD ain't Seattle.

TFC should focus on playing a good team game, playing the type of game they want to play, and not get obsessed with Cooper. Cooper has scored in 2 of 3 Dallas games, and they still lost both those games.

trane
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
^"FCD ain't Seattle" - that quate speaks volumes, an expension team is now viewed as the class of the league, while our best start, has been 1-1-1, in our third season, with packed houses, and nice profits.

This says alot about our team, and about the league.

Yohan
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Dallas, despite crappy record so far, is a pretty decent team offensively. Gave the Revs a good run for their money at NE on Sat.

Cooper is obviously the main threat, but van den Bergh kicks pinpoint crosses in like dishing out candy in kindergarten and Wynne needs to close him down real fast.
Dax McCarthy is still young, but has pretty good skills. Ferreira plays in more of #10 role and he's slowly finding his feet in MLS. Very quick on feet and good ball skills.

If defence falls asleep again, Dallas might just pick up 3 points on Sat

Though Dallas's defence is shite. Very shite.

ensco
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Cunny scored his only nice goal for us against RSL, in his first game against them after they had traded him.

Let's save the taunts for him until after the game.

Mikey
04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
This says alot about our team, and about the league.

Well it's all we've got, so like it or lump it......

C',Mon you REDS!

Cambridge_Red
04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Cunny scored his only nice goal for us against RSL, in his first game against them after they had traded him.

As much as I hate the worthless sack the goal against Houston was nice

trane
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
^ like it or lump it? I do not go to matches to get drunk and party, I want to push my team to victory, that sometimes means recognizing its fault. You are RPB so I will leave it that.

Carter
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
If we do not get better, and physical CB play Kenny Cooper will be a big problem for us on Saturday. He is the best Striker in the league for my money, CB play has to improve to contain him, or our mids have to control the midfield, so that quality balls do not get to him.

I'll take your money, Cooper aint shite. i believe they are what is that.....

0-0-3 oh yeah 2 goals scored FOR...

trane
04-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Cooper aint shite? What is his striker rate? Did he not score two against us last time he played here?

We are a great team at 1-1-1 we should take Dallas lightly it will be a cake walk. I realy have to wonder about many supporters. we need to win on Satruday, we need to play like we are playing Man U, we can not afford to take anyone lightly. I do not think that Carver is by the way.

Carter
04-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Cooper aint shite? What is his striker rate? Did he not score two against us last time he played here?

Last time, new year, new outlook on life.

17 shots, 2 goals this year... which is a 11% strike rate this year..

or actual shots on goal 10 2 goals. 20% not too bad of strike rate.

But one man doesn't make a team.

edit: but if we are talking strike rates SOG 1 GOAL 1 - Jimmy Brennan. NOW there is a strike rate to be scared of. 100%

Yohan
04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Cooper does miss some chances. He's been hanging around Cunty too long.
I hope Harmse is not the one marking Cooper. Or else it's going to be a looooong day.

J .
04-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I wish Cooper was playing for us. 110% But I think Serioux matches up well against Cooper and I was have Serioux and Harmse play him and Cunny very physical next week.

cmonyoureds
04-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Serioux can handle him if he doesn't have to worry about covering for Harmse too.... in fact prior to Seattle, Serioux was our best player IMO

ExiledRed
04-06-2009, 11:40 PM
FCD ain't Seattle.

I swear you get paid to be the devil's advocate. I'd ask Ol' Nick for a break, because you're getting tired.

a week ago Seattle were a flukey team who just clung on to their two nil shutout against RSL by the skin of their teeth.

Now they're the benchmark.

Cooper is a threat, trane is right. Dallas 0-3 record makes them even more dangerous than Seattle, and if you hadnt noticed, we aint seattle either.

ExiledRed
04-07-2009, 12:08 AM

No Cunny's best goal (http://web.mlsnet.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2008/open/topplays/06/060808_torhou_goal_cunningham_fx_350.wmv&w_id=21377&catCode=top_plays&type=v_free&_mp=1) was against Houston.

Unfortunately it was meaningless.

ensco
04-07-2009, 01:20 PM
No Cunny's best goal (http://web.mlsnet.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2008/open/topplays/06/060808_torhou_goal_cunningham_fx_350.wmv&w_id=21377&catCode=top_plays&type=v_free&_mp=1) was against Houston.

Unfortunately it was meaningless.

You're right. That was a great strike.

trane
04-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Last time, new year, new outlook on life.

17 shots, 2 goals this year... which is a 11% strike rate this year..

or actual shots on goal 10 2 goals. 20% not too bad of strike rate.

But one man doesn't make a team.

edit: but if we are talking strike rates SOG 1 GOAL 1 - Jimmy Brennan. NOW there is a strike rate to be scared of. 100%

That is not my understading on how strike rate is calculated, it is goals per game, or better per 90 minutes. His carrer strike rate is 40% and his year it is higher then that so far as he has played three games and scored twice.

My point is and continues to be, that with Harmse playing the way he is, we better be carefull. I am not sure what is wrong with that.

olegunnar
04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
That is not my understading on how strike rate is calculated, it is goals per game, or better per 90 minutes. His carrer strike rate is 40% and his year it is higher then that so far as he has played three games and scored twice.

My point is and continues to be, that with Harmse playing the way he is, we better be carefull. I am not sure what is wrong with that.

You're right.

He was trying to pass off shooting percentage (a hockey stat) as strike rate.
Strike rate is goals per game.

My hope is that we score early so Coopers goal(s) Saturday won't have an impact on the outcome. Like Arnaud's goals in week one.

trane
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
^ I think that we should win, I just want us to take it seriously, and make sure we win.

Super
04-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I have a feeling this game is going to be very intense. Dallas will be coming to us 3 games down, and they're likely to fight us as if they're a wounded animal. I don't know what happened on Saturday, but it looked to me as if we had ZERO punch. It made me look back on the Columbus game, and now I'm really doubting our team - and if we are as good as we think we are in season three. We might be, but I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. We're improved from last year, but we're not yet a contender. Top 8 is our goal, and I think we can do that even if we screw up a bunch of times. Our team deserves the benefit of every doubt, though, and let's not forget that we're supporters and should stand by our team through the whole 90 minutes.

It's going to be hard to wait for Saturday. That much I know for sure.

ExiledRed
04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
You're right.

My hope is that we score early so Coopers goal(s) Saturday won't have an impact on the outcome. Like Arnaud's goals in week one.

Bingo!

When your defence isnt up to scratch, you WILL concede goals.

The best way to compensate for this is to always be on the attack, and score more than you concede. That's what we did at Kansas, that's what MLS teams do (which is why you see so many high scoring games.) Playing a cautious, defensive game with a poor defence is ridiculous and exactly what has lead us to two seasons of long goalless streaks.

trane
04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
^ Believe it or not I am starting to slowly consider that you may have a point, simply because as simple a concept/skill as defending seems to be to someone raised in Europe, it seems to be out of the capabilites of most MLS players.

But then how do you explian Montreal? I am starting to think that the USL may be a more fundamentaly sound league.

Whoop
04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
DVB is the guy to worry about, more so than Cooper.

trane
04-07-2009, 03:27 PM
^ Fuck I forgot, about him being on Dallas now.

Carter
04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
You're right.

He was trying to pass off shooting percentage (a hockey stat) as strike rate.
Strike rate is goals per game.

Strike Rate is goals/shots * 100 = Rate

Coopers, not going to score, so dont worry. ;)