PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Monday , Apr.06

denime
04-06-2009, 05:36 AM
No TFC News for now.

http://i39.tinypic.com/71r0oy.jpg

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

MUFC_Niagara
04-06-2009, 06:10 AM
soooooo i am assuming it was deleted because of who the author was?

denime
04-06-2009, 06:10 AM
soooooo i am assuming it was deleted because of who the author was?

Yes,check your PM. :)

MUFC_Niagara
04-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Yes,check your PM. :)

Done. :D

scooter
04-06-2009, 07:12 AM
mornin all

TFCREDNWHITE
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
What's that website where you can view the MLS standings in Single Table format??

cuecas_red
04-06-2009, 07:57 AM
What's that website where you can view the MLS standings in Single Table format??
http://www.settingthetable.info/stt/default.asp

Stouffville_RPB
04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Good morning,

Quite the rack on the SSG.

flatpicker
04-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Good morning,

Quite the rack on the SSG.

:yum:

Mark in Ottawa
04-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Hmmm... mid table.
Better than down at the bottom and room to move up :rolleyes:

Joe Kool
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Dallas is at the bottom. Hopefully we keep the streak going for them and give them nothing this Saturday too.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Can you believe after all this time...now the SUNSHINE girl has been filtered by my company so we can't access it anymore?

Are you kidding me?

TFCREDNWHITE
04-06-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.settingthetable.info/stt/default.asp

Thanks.

I know it's only 3 games in, but one thing that worries me is our Goals Against...It's (5)

If we don't show some grit and determination on defence this year then we are screwed...

I want to see some consistency in our play....

BFin
04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I'd hit it.
I'd hit Ricketts too.
Bloody terrible.

Super
04-06-2009, 09:45 AM
What's that ugly logo on pic 8?

James17930
04-06-2009, 10:11 AM
"Her favourite way to spend time off is with her cats (one named Stoner) and a cold beer . . . [she] plans on becoming a preschool teacher."

:lol:

Calvin
04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
"Her favourite way to spend time off is with her cats (one named Stoner) and a cold beer . . . [she] plans on becoming a preschool teacher."

:lol:

saw that hahah

keem-o-sabi
04-06-2009, 10:58 AM
today's Daily Snapshot (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/)(coed yummy) just for you Stouffville. It was nice meeting some of you this weekend, too bad the match was shite, but there is next weekend :)

guelphguy1965
04-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Sunshine girl: There are girls you just want to take home and bang and other girls you want to take home to meet your parents. Today's SSG I would do both but not necessarily in that order :hump::yum:

Ok time to go back to my crossword puzzle book. What's another 4 letter word for rack? :D

rocker
04-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I know it's only 3 games in, but one thing that worries me is our Goals Against...It's (5)

I'd be worried about the goals against if there weren't 8 other teams who have given up 5 or more goals. Most of the league has defensive troubles.

Of course we'd like to see the defense improve. But it seems that we have a pretty average defense compared to the league (and two of those goals against were world class -- Arnaud).

jloome
04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I'd be worried about the goals against if there weren't 8 other teams who have given up 5 or more goals. Most of the league has defensive troubles.

Of course we'd like to see the defense improve. But it seems that we have a pretty average defense compared to the league (and two of those goals against were world class -- Arnaud).

Most of the league is essentially incompetent. That's not really a great marker.

Face it man, our backline is swiss cheese right now.

Beach_Red
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Most of the league is essentially incompetent. That's not really a great marker.

Face it man, our backline is swiss cheese right now.

And against Columbus we got lucky and they scored an own goal and in our home opener we scored zero.

Sure, the backline is a problem, but this team still can't score...

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-06-2009, 04:34 PM
And against Columbus we got lucky and they scored an own goal and in our home opener we scored zero.

Sure, the backline is a problem, but this team still can't score...

uh yes be can , Replace barrett with dichio, REMEMBER we actually did score in the opener . It was the ref that recognized we were going to score , so he blew the whistle.:drinking: Get used to it , its not going to be the first time it happens.

rocker
04-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Most of the league is essentially incompetent. That's not really a great marker.Face it man, our backline is swiss cheese right now.

Then what's the marker? Defenses in the EPL?

all that matters is how good the opposition is in MLS. It's a *fact* that only 6 other teams in MLS have given up fewer goals than TFC, 8 teams have given up as many or more goals than TFC. Which means TFC's defense is about average. If average is swiss cheese, that's still average. No reason to panic when most teams are crying out for defenders. If we signed an above average international CB we'd probably go from average defense to top 4.

jloome
04-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Then what's the marker? Defenses in the EPL?

all that matters is how good the opposition is in MLS. It's a *fact* that only 6 other teams in MLS have given up fewer goals than TFC, 8 teams have given up as many or more goals than TFC. Which means TFC's defense is about average. If average is swiss cheese, that's still average.

Sure I'd love to see a top notch CB signed, and if we did, we'd suddenly have the greatest defense in MLS :)

No, the four or five teams who aren't part of the most.

There are four or five balanced teams in the league, the rest have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the league, and we're one of them.

We have
a) one potentially decent striker, although he hasn't scored a goal yet in league play, two if you include the one frequently crocked by age and injury.

b) No starting wingers who could start on any other team in the league, given their current form.

c) two attacking midfielders, so that one is forced to play out of position ever game. At least when we play Cronin out of position it's because he has earned it.

D) No actual centre backs outside of Velez, who has only played the role for a couple of years and was out of his depth last year.

People are gonna have to let go of the delusion real soon that individual skill matters much on a team with no tactical cohesion, defensive liabilities all over the pitch and no offensive goals in two of their first three games.

rocker
04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
No, the four or five teams who aren't part of the most.

There are four or five balanced teams in the league, the rest have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the league, and we're one of them.

We have
a) one potentially decent striker, although he hasn't scored a goal yet in league play, two if you include the one frequently crocked by age and injury.

b) No starting wingers who could start on any other team in the league, given their current form.

c) two attacking midfielders, so that one is forced to play out of position ever game. At least when we play Cronin out of position it's because he has earned it.

D) No actual centre backs outside of Velez, who has only played the role for a couple of years and was out of his depth last year.

People are gonna have to let go of the delusion real soon that individual skill matters much on a team with no tactical cohesion, defensive liabilities all over the pitch and no offensive goals in two of their first three games.

nice analysis, but I have no idea what most of this has to do with my comment about defenses.

care to elaborate on what this has to do with my comment on the relative comparison of defenses in the league? ;)

jloome
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
nice analysis, but I have no idea what most of this has to do with my comment about defenses.

care to elaborate on what this has to do with my comment on the relative comparison of defenses in the league? ;)

You missed it in the first line. Being relatively average is useless in a league where there are four or five cohesive lineups back to front that actually have a chance of winning the whole thing.

Redcoe15
04-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Personally, I'm not too crazy about today's SSG.

Now the Daily Snapshot of Sammy Jox on the other hand, WOWZERS!!!!! Hummina, Hummina! Oooooo, Yum Yum! :ihih: :yum: :drool5: :D
Could someone take that shot of her and place it directly overhead of me, please?