PDA

View Full Version : Come on everyone - not the end of the world just yet !

anto7
04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
First of all let me say that I am just as upset about yesterday's performance as much as anyone else. Collectively it was a very poor team performance and some of the individuals out there will probably never play such a bad game again(e.g. Guevara, Robbo, Dero, Brennan, Barrett).(Harmse I am sure will) Seattle looked a very good team but I aslo think that they caught us on such a god awlful day that it made them look even better than they are.
However, I do not believe that it is all doom and gloom just yet. This could be a real rude wake up call for us and we will come back stronger for it.
We do have quality players in this side who are capable of turning things around(e.g. Dero, Amado, Vitti).
The game against Kansas provided us with glimpses of what we can be capable of and although the performance against Columbus was not the best we did come away with a point and were pretty much camped inside their half for the last 30 minutes of the game.
Let's give them a chance to redeem themselves this Saturday against Dallas. We need to get behind them and show them that we still do believe.
Look on the bright side , it could be a lot worse; we could be one of these teams;
Dallas - 0 points from 3 games
New York - 1 point from 3 games
Galaxy - 1 point from 2 games
Columbus - 2 points from 4 games
Kansas - 3 points from 3 games
San Jose - 3 points from 3 games

Shakes McQueen
04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Agreed. I look forward to seeing our guys bounce back next weekend, and pounding Cunningham's team into oblivion.

We also need to make up for the debacle against Dallas at home last season, that I unfortunately had premium seats to.

- Scott

EvanVidinu
04-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Plus, Columbus lost:D

Antoshka
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
i think the most depressing part about this is that seattle in their first year are looking like and most likely will be a championship team while we're still talking about turning things around and making the playoffs

Pc143
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I think the boys will bounce back. They're definately going to have a tough practise that will be a wake up call for them. They probably know what all the fans think and definately what Carver thinks. I think this loss really hit them and they will come back hard this Saturday.

Brooker
04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
can we make Dallas start the season 0-5-0?

it'd surprise the hell outta me. heres hoping.

Shakes McQueen
04-05-2009, 10:17 PM
i think the most depressing part about this is that seattle in their first year are looking like and most likely will be a championship team while we're still talking about turning things around and making the playoffs

We need to get past this. Yes, Seattle is a good team this year. Yes, as a TFC fan it's somewhat frustrating, given how not-good we were in our first season.

Of our 27 remaining games, one is against Seattle. I'm done worrying about what they are doing, for now.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I cosign.
Its not the end ofthe world but it shouldbe a wake up call

Rhapido
04-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Come back off the ledge, people. Cunty's coming to town!

Whoop
04-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I never give up hope 'cuz if the shitty Red Bulls can make it to the final of the MLS Cup... any team can!

Though I would prefer to win the Supporters' Shield as well.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-05-2009, 10:43 PM
We didnt play well and thats obvious, but we will see an improved effort this coming saturday against Dallas.....DeRo you are not on a retirement tour, please show up!!

Rocco
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
It took me a whole day to put yesterday's loss behind me but yea I really look forward to next week. I just hope the players come out wanting to win rather than frustrated with the weather conditions.

Jamaicanadian
04-06-2009, 07:48 AM
^^^^That's me too bro!!!
Lots a football to be played in the '09.....Lets get the kinks out early!
Regarding our last match....You can't win if you don't score and if it wasn't for bad luck we woulda had none at all...Football is a funny game sometimes...ONWARD (like Ben would say) and I hope Cunningham starts........