PDA

View Full Version : View from the East End

trane
04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I am in 104, saw I had a great view of the goals, and then of the game once Dichio got in.

First goal, was mostly Harmse fault. He stood like the proverbial pilon. Staring at the ball, he did not mark a player or attack a ball, he realy just stood there. All game long he simple would not play tight on the strikers, he gave them plenty of room to receive the ball unhindered, and then to turn in plenty of space and run.

Second goal, it was a collective piece of shite, but Wynne was playing way to in, all game long he was caught way on the inside, leaving the right flank open.

Barret works hard , but he is still not showing me that he trully undertands the game. Vitti, Dero, Gueverra, Dichio combo looked good for the 30 minutes that they were together. They score the goal, there was not offside, I thinkg the ref called somekind of faul, perhaps a goast hand ball.

If we want to win, Harmse can not start at CB. Again I was pissed at Marsahll for some comment, and I thought we were getting a quality CB, I hope we get one. Nana should get an opportunity and we always need two DMs on the field, unless we get a class CB on.

If we want to win, we have to put our best players on the field, right now are best players are Sutton/Frei, Wynne, Nana, Brennan, Serioux, Cronin, robbo, Guevarra, Vitti, DeRo, Dichio. I would hope that they would move both Vitti and Dero in behind Dichio. Our best wing play has come from the back, Wynne and Robbo. Therefore, I hope we line up as follows;

----------------------Sutton/Frei--------------------------------------

Wynne-----------Serioux-------------Nana-------------------Brennan

------Cronin-------------Guevarra-----------------Robbo-------------

----------------Vitti-----------------DeRo---------------------------

-------------------------Dichio---------------------------------------

We line up like this we will attack as effectvely as any team in the MLS, I believe in the attacking foursome, they trully played well together, and the moment Dichio came in changes started to be generated.

Defensvely we cannot be more solid. The kid Cronin keeps on impressing. I am a fan of Rohan, and Barret deserves a chance, but we need to straiten the ship before we get back into a funk.

trane
04-05-2009, 08:21 PM
The swedish fuck is still a calss, player, despite being a fuck. [ Would love to have him]

Roogsy
04-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I like this. I can't find any fault in your analysis Trane.

trane
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
^I was unfortune enought to have a great view.

Roogsy
04-05-2009, 08:27 PM
If we aren't going to defend our way to the playoffs...might as well make sure we can score our way there.

And at least the fans will be entertained.

Rhapido
04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
First goal, was mostly Harmse fault. He stood like the proverbial pilon. Staring at the ball, he did not mark a player or attack a ball, he realy just stood there. All game long he simple would not play tight on the strikers, he gave them plenty of room to receive the ball unhindered, and then to turn in plenty of space and run.

I'm not crazy about Harmse as our CB but on that first goal, Ljungberg simply wasn't his man to mark. He had Jaqua, Serioux was on Ljungberg. Jaqua simply one-touched the ball forward and it was Serioux that didn't pick up the slack and follow his man in.

I think Serioux was a solid pick-up for us and he's been a monster for us this season, especially in the first two games. But despite all that, it was his mistake that allowed Ljungberg the opportunity at goal, not Harmse.

InTheCrowd
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't think Danny Dichio is able to play a full quality game. I hope he can prove me wrong though.

TFC_Chris
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah I came to the same conclusion when I was watching the replays of the first goal. I was thinking to myself "is Harmse actually watching the pass go by him on to the foot of the guy he should be covering?"

Other than that, they didn't put the proper effort into the game and reaped what they sowed. They looked good in flashes, but just didn't take advantage of the opportunities when they came up.

LucaGol
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM
We have to play the most in form players ... full stop.

If Ricketts and Barrett work hard in practice perhaps they can see some more game time.

I don't care how much you make, how old you are, where you used to play ... if you're not in form, or aren't working hard to get there, you sit.

So therefore, I agree with Trane's formation and the players it uses.

Erkan16
04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
i am in 104 as well and had a perfect view myself....

that first goal... the sounders ripped our defense apart. the worst part about it however, was that i KNEW what was about to happen when they started the buildup.

trane
04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm not crazy about Harmse as our CB but on that first goal, Ljungberg simply wasn't his man to mark. He had Jaqua, Serioux was on Ljungberg. Jaqua simply one-touched the ball forward and it was Serioux that didn't pick up the slack and follow his man in.

I think Serioux was a solid pick-up for us and he's been a monster for us this season, especially in the first two games. But despite all that, it was his mistake that allowed Ljungberg the opportunity at goal, not Harmse.

But Harmse was sitting in space marking no one, doing nothing, he stood still for about 10 to 20 seconds allowing the ball to be passed around, it became a 3 or 4 on 2 situation due to Harmse inaction. Serioux did wonder up the field once in the while but from my perspective Harmse was the weak link.

Roogsy
04-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Seattle simply executed that play very well. That was the difference.

I have a bigger problem with the second goal than I do with the first one. That was a serious breakdown in defence.

trane
04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
^ The second goal was god awfull. The man was completely alone. It is frustrating sometime from the stands you see it developing and yet everyone of the field seems to miss it. I guess we have a better perspective.

NateDoGG
04-05-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't think Danny Dichio is able to play a full quality game. I hope he can prove me wrong though.

i agree
its best if dd comes on as a sub say in the 55th min

rocktml
04-05-2009, 09:07 PM
The honeymoon is over..........

Rhapido
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Second goal, it was a collective piece of shite, but Wynne was playing way to in, all game long he was caught way on the inside, leaving the right flank open.

I fully agree with you that it was a collective failed effort on the second goal and they looked completely disorganized. I just don't think Wynne should be singled out. The breakdown on this play really began when Brennan got beat by his man along the east side of the field. You then had Harmse over-playing Ljungberg to the point his momentum took him almost to the back line and well out of the play. At that point, you've got one-half of the back line completely out of the picture and Ljungberg passes easily to a teammate (Le Toux, I believe) and he's 1-on-2, with Serioux facing him straight on and Ricketts to his side. Wynne, meanwhile, is centre of goal, left to watch Jaqua AND Zakuani. Let's not enough begin to try explaining why Ricketts allowed the Seattle pass to drift through untouched. jaqua tees up and tries a crack at goal, and the shot is blocked by Wynne but a couple of lucky ricochets and the ball's rolling neatly in front of Zakuani for the easy tap-in.

Mikey
04-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I'd like to see us use a diamond formation midfield with Robbo anchoring the back and Guevara on point.

I also think Dero should be given free range outside of the fixed formation, playmaker wherever the flow of the game takes him.

J .
04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
It wasn't Harmses man to close down, he didn't was cause of the goals. Serioux was outclassed. Wynne was at fault for the second goal.

Blizzard
04-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Serioux will be fine but ya, he let Ljungberg get away on the first goal. That said, it was a very nicely worked play. The return pass was impeccable.

olegunnar
04-05-2009, 09:40 PM
The return pass was impeccable.

That's the point. Harmse stood there doing nothing and Jacqua had all day and no pressure.
Had Harmse decided to actually close down or God forbid, mark Jacqua, an impeccable pass would have been impossible for a player of Jacqua's caliber.

Did Serioux get caught napping? Yes, but it woudn't have been an issue had Harmse 1) closed down jacqua, or 2) got in the passing lane.....he did neither.

Captain Croatia
04-05-2009, 09:46 PM
The whole game, our team looked like they didnt know what the wind would do to the ball.

Goal kicks/when the keep has it, open up on the wings, dont let him kick it into the wind. It's common sense, no?

When we have the ball on one of the wings, put your head up. Scan the field, either make a simple pass to a close player, send a through ball to the striker making a run, or *switch the fucking ball*. There are so many opportunities where a cross field ball would rip open a hole in the opposing defense.

Watching the game live and seeing the whole field, it feels like our players dont know what to do. We continually boot the ball forward.

Yes, it was our first bad game, unfortunately at home against an expansion team - who knows how to play quality football - and hopefully we can smarten up and play like we should be.

BuSaPuNk
04-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Can't complain with your synopsis of the game. Dead on trane. That Dichio goal was onside don't know where the offside call came from....but that is the MLS. Everyone else notice that that whole game the team looked extremely out of sync until Dichio came on. Even if he can't last a whole game I think Carver has to start him and see how long he can last. Without Danny were completely out to lunch.

Captain Croatia
04-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Can't complain with your synopsis of the game. Dead on trane. That Dichio goal was onside don't know where the offside call came from....but that is the MLS. Everyone else notice that that whole game the team looked extremely out of sync until Dichio came on. Even if he can't last a whole game I think Carver has to start him and see how long he can last. Without Danny were completely out to lunch.

I dont believe it was an offside, i think it was a 'foul' on Dichio.

BuSaPuNk
04-05-2009, 10:06 PM
The assistant ref didn't call a foul. Just raised the flag for offside. Pure MLS bullshit.

Brooker
04-05-2009, 10:08 PM
anybody have video of it? i didnt get a decent view of it.... i wasnt in the north end.

Rhapido
04-05-2009, 10:12 PM
That Dichio goal was onside don't know where the offside call came from....but that is the MLS.

I get as frustrated as the rest of you when it comes to the poor officiating in this league, but really, is it really much different anywhere else. Did anyone see the back-to-back offside calls against Villa today in the second half that were clearly onside. I mean, the first one wasn't even close to being offside and the assistant raised his flag fairly late to add insult to injury. And I'm a ManU fan.

Rhapido
04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I dont believe it was an offside, i think it was a 'foul' on Dichio.

You've got it right. It was a foul on Dichio.

Rhapido
04-05-2009, 10:23 PM
anybody have video of it? i didnt get a decent view of it.... i wasnt in the north end.

If you're asking about the "Dichio" goal (it was Vitti that put it in the back of the net), go to the MLS website and watch the highlights of the game. It was midway through the second half.

BuSaPuNk
04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I get as frustrated as the rest of you when it comes to the poor officiating in this league, but really, is it really much different anywhere else. Did anyone see the back-to-back offside calls against Villa today in the second half that were clearly onside. I mean, the first one wasn't even close to being offside and the assistant raised his flag fairly late to add insult to injury. And I'm a ManU fan.

I'm a ManU fan as well and I was thinking that they flew this ref from the game here on saturday. lol.....too bad for Villa they really played well and deserved a point today.....

trane
04-06-2009, 06:09 AM
That's the point. Harmse stood there doing nothing and Jacqua had all day and no pressure.
Had Harmse decided to actually close down or God forbid, mark Jacqua, an impeccable pass would have been impossible for a player of Jacqua's caliber.

Did Serioux get caught napping? Yes, but it woudn't have been an issue had Harmse 1) closed down jacqua, or 2) got in the passing lane.....he did neither.

That is the point I was making, yes Seatle played it great, but Harmse just sat there and neither presured Jacqua or cut out the passing lane.

Captain Croatia, mentioned something that we were also complaining about durring the game switching the ball around, with a nice cross filed pass to the opposite back, down quickly it can be so effective and risk free, there were several occasions were had they done that quickly the opposite back/winger could have run all the way down the field.

On a positive, again I felt good when DeRo , Vitti and Dichio were in the box with Guevarra on the outside with his foot on the ball, they looked lively and the oppositiion looked pressed. I hope to see more of that. Vitti had the goal that was called back, which I started jumping like and idiot, and another close miss header.

As for the second goal, I am not realy blaming it on Wynne, that the backline completely lost its shape and position and were drawn so far to the left, that the right was wide open. That is not Wynne doing by himself, but I would have hope that as the right back he would have more aware. I also wonder if Sutton is aware enough to direct the backline properly. [ I realy mean that as a question because we need someone to be directing them at the back]

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
The assistant ref didn't call a foul. Just raised the flag for offside. Pure MLS bullshit.

It was a foul on Dichio. It was obvious when I watched the replay that dichio won the ball in the air by fouling the guy.