PDA

View Full Version : 117 will one day rule BMO Field!

elmo
04-05-2009, 04:23 PM
About 50 seats were empty for the entire match!!!

Pc143
04-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Isn't that part of the supporters section?

Nuvinho
04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
also, isn't that where most of the scalper seats are? The ones listed on ebay?

T_Mizz
04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
What the hell I would gladly have taken those seats if they're not going to use them

FluSH
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Can you confirm that there was a 2nd capo stand in front of 117?

Brooker
04-05-2009, 04:51 PM
i heard it was up and didnt go over very well. talkin bout it over at usector.

from a thread......

Telling a capo to move is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Everyone wants to be a part of the tfc experience until it involves them actually having to chant or do something other then standing.

elmo
04-05-2009, 04:56 PM
There definitely was a capo at the front of the section, he did a great job considering he doesn't get to see much of the game and it was freezing. But once you get past row 8 of 117 (which is in the supporters section). The fans were sparse, and the majority of them have no clue what the chants are.

SWEAR TO GOD, heard a someone in our section say "oh, you hold your scarf up for the anthem". I'm not knocking new supporters, but how are they getting tickets in the supporters section?

FluSH
04-05-2009, 04:56 PM
What does it take to get some respect around here?

When are we going to see a capo stand near 112/111... fcuk it give us a two-step ladder...

We have the place jumping up and down... we have to tame people from starting their own chants... WTF seriously...

Why do I even bother...

elmo
04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Flush! My section is empty!

J .
04-05-2009, 05:07 PM
I got booted from section 118 last year for waving a flag.

People go for the cheap seats, not the section.

Plenty of Trout
04-05-2009, 05:12 PM
What the hell I would gladly have taken those seats if they're not going to use them

Most of us here would.

This is bullshit!!!

loconet
04-05-2009, 05:16 PM
^^ Yup.

I was sitting in 116 yesterday and while they were great seats (thanks 100x BFin!), considering it is "labeled" as a supporters section, I thought it was a bloody family picnic! It felt more like an combination of a daycare and a retirements home (not to knock on some of the older generation fans but I feared for their health in that weather..).

elmo
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for feeling my pain

Erkan16
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
section 104 was great yesterday! from my row and back EVERYONE was standing.

i was happy because i hate sitting during football matches, so it worked out well. we were doing some chanting back and forth with section 127 opposite us... fun times.

WHITEY
04-05-2009, 05:29 PM

There was a second stand in front of 117. It was occupied by somebody trying to get things going but it seemed like nobody was interested in that part of the southend. Buddy that was in the capo stand pretty much gave yup and started watching the game from there. My seats are in section 223 and when I saw two capo stands I thought this is gonna be sick if they can pull this off....didn't happen. Again, NOBODY in that part of the southend seemed the very bit interested.

FluSH
04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
There was a second stand in front of 117. It was occupied by somebody trying to get things going but it seemed like nobody was interested in that part of the southend. Buddy that was in the capo stand pretty much gave yup and started watching the game from there. My seats are in section 223 and when I saw two capo stands I thought this is gonna be sick if they can pull this off....didn't happen. Again, NOBODY in that part of the southend seemed the very bit interested.

I'm starting to think that TFC FO doesn't like us... I mean can they not see who is jumping game in and game out since last season? Are we watching a different game here? Why don't we have a third capo stand in 104....? (/sarcasm)

FluSH
04-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Red Patch Boys Capo Stand:

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/P11326190a.jpg

because we haven't proven that we can chant +90 minutes yet...

Hustle
04-05-2009, 05:41 PM
We are at the very top of 111 this year, and when the capo pointed his megaphone our way, I could hear enough to pick up what I heard and get the rest of my area going..I was surprised with the wind and everything we could still make it out...We have alot of people up top across 110 and 111 that would kick some ass in the south end if we had tickets over there.

Redpunkfiddle
04-05-2009, 05:49 PM

I am a bit confused by this- I caught wind of a second stand before the game, but when I saw it over by 117 instead of in the SW corner, I wondered how this was organized. It looks like it wasn't done in consultation with the Choreo team. It had a capo so somebody must have been in the know from some group.

It seems like putting it where there wasn't already buy- in from the general crowd was over reaching. Its better to build on the SW area and move out from there.

Jack
04-05-2009, 05:50 PM
We will be working on getting it over to the front of 112 for the next game.

Everyone is in a bitchy mood today! (with good reason)

But shitting on everything isn't going to make it better.

elmo
04-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Capo in 112, is not why I started this thread. Actual supporters or even enough people to fill the seats in 117 is the problem!

Rudi
04-05-2009, 06:10 PM
What does it take to get some respect around here?

When are we going to see a capo stand near 112/111... fcuk it give us a two-step ladder...

We have the place jumping up and down... we have to tame people from starting their own chants... WTF seriously...

Why do I even bother...
Flush, dude.

That stand was meant for 112 all along. It wasn't in place due to some circumstances out of our hands, and it remained in front of 117 (where it has been since they took the bubble down.

I'm hoping to have it in front of you guys next week, but no promises. I'm working on it...

EDIT: I just noticed that Jack beat me to it!

BRed
04-05-2009, 06:19 PM
^^

Empty seats were defonately a problem yesterday. Very shocking, all over the stadium. It looked horrible on TV specially with people leaving for half time and arriving late afterwards. The RPB section for some reason looked smaller and more tamed (but given the wind and the play of the home side it's understandable. Just an overall lack of enthusiasm in the stadium I really hope it was the wind because it looks like the supporters have taken two steps back.

*by the way esxcuse my nebiness but I been looking up to see what CAPO is but I can't find out what you guys are reffering to here.

nascarguy
04-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I say it sould it remained in front of 117 but have someone on it that know what he is doing or move it over to 119.
There was alot more singing go on there. then from 116 to 118 I was in 119 for the whole game and I could hear you guys in 112.

Jack
04-05-2009, 06:32 PM
^^

Empty seats were defonately a problem yesterday. Very shocking, all over the stadium. It looked horrible on TV specially with people leaving for half time and arriving late afterwards. The RPB section for some reason looked smaller and more tamed (but given the wind and the play of the home side it's understandable. Just an overall lack of enthusiasm in the stadium I really hope it was the wind because it looks like the supporters have taken two steps back.

*by the way esxcuse my nebiness but I been looking up to see what CAPO is but I can't find out what you guys are reffering to here.
Some people seem to be more concerned with getting beer and stuffing their faces than with the match. :(

A capo is a chant leader. Someone who helps co-ordinate the singing so we can all be in sync. They also can pick up chants from other areas and get them going and pass them along. It really helps when a good capo gets the crowd going.

BRed
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
^^ Thanks. sounds like a good system in theory. I'm gonna wait til next week to see how big of a roll the wind played in messing up the system and over all atmosphere. I heard the concessions were doing a horrible job and it took people 20mins to get their order. So let's see how next week goes down. I just hope I don't get blind again by the level of play.

I think one of the problems in regards to the family picnic crowds in the supporters section (116) is that people want to attend the "eventful" games, weather it's home openners or beckam or shit like that. In those games scalpers are getting big money from older people and such. I think yesterday the biggest problem was that scalping seems like it has tasted blood and they want more. They see how much demand and prices are up so they are upping their tactics in gaining and selling TFC tickets.

RATS need to be exterminated somehow.

Brooker
04-05-2009, 06:45 PM

/me pulls his pants back up

Vancity RED
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Noticed the empty seats on the TV yesterday - thought I was watching a Leafs game (shudder).

I fear that TFC games will become just another event for people to take a few clients to and be seen at. Maybe they watch the game, maybe they don't - the bottom line is that they're not real fans. And they're going to take seats away from people who DO want to go to the games and support their team. But, that's an MLSE enterprise for ya.

cmonyoureds
04-05-2009, 07:25 PM
after the half was appalling on T.V. the place looked like someone pulled the fire alarm. weather be damned.

Pookie
04-05-2009, 07:35 PM
^ that's your well thought out bathroom and beverage services speaking for you.

I kept my beer in my bladder until about the 52', I was surprised to see that the washrooms outside of 110 and 109 still had a line stretching out the door. Same went with the ones around 107.

Redpunkfiddle
04-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Related to the topic of another thread, I was at the top of 109 for the first time with my new Season's and even by making a bee line to the exit, and hoping down over the seats instead of waiting on the line down the stairs, with the lineup to the washroom and back, it was still 3 minutes into the second half by the time I got back.

Someone who wants to leave at the whistle and get back in time has a tough time up there.

Jack
04-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I just ran out really quickly in the second half. It took me all of 2 minutes and luckily I didn't miss anything.

That's better than missing 10 minutes of the second half by going at half time!!

nascarguy
04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
We will be working on getting it over to the front of 112 for the next game.

Everyone is in a bitchy mood today! (with good reason)

no there is no need for 2 in the 112 area. what is need is someone that knows what there doing.

Sonny Cheeba
04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
yeah i'll leave and hope i don't miss anything in 2-3 minutes vs going at halftime or trying to find a place to pee at the end of the match.

holding it all the way to shoeless is tough

Joe Kool
04-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I know this was not the original topic really of this post but since everyone is talking about it, I always wondered why everyone in the east stand didn't show up until part way through the 2nd half but now that I have my seats there, it is a friggin joke. You can't move at half time. It is totally ridiculous. I ended up giving up the idea of going to the washroom and held it until the end of the game. What a hazard. If there ever was an emergency people will get trampled and killed. Maybe mlsintoronto can comment. I was pissed and a crappy game to boot.

Erkan16
04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
i stayed in my seat the entire match. ate/went to the washroom before and never had a problem. and i must agree, the stadium looked worse than a Leafs game 5 minutes before half and 15 minutes of the second.

SteeltownBhoy
04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Can you imagine what the concourse, concessions and washrooms would be like with 8000 additional fans??? Unsafe and just not workable.

Rudi
04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
no there is no need for 2 in the 112 area. what is need is someone that knows what there doing.
:rolleyes:

rocker
04-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Can you imagine what the concourse, concessions and washrooms would be like with 8000 additional fans??? Unsafe and just not workable.

if they expand, they gotta build a proper second level concourse with even more washrooms and concessions than the current concourses on the south and west side. they can't give people a reason to leave the second level, otherwise it'll be chaos.

graeme117
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM

johnny from Usector was manning it. did pretty good considering.

main problem is the corner of 118, just wanted to wank off w/ a couple douchey 'chants,' also 'the firm' in 116 didn't want to join in with us in 117 even though we we're trying to follow you lot... such is that corner.

as far as the scalped seats go, there are new faces every week, i think there is the same problem in the front of 116

ChrisLav
04-06-2009, 12:40 AM
There definitely was a capo at the front of the section, he did a great job considering he doesn't get to see much of the game and it was freezing. But once you get past row 8 of 117 (which is in the supporters section). The fans were sparse, and the majority of them have no clue what the chants are.

I'm row 9... Row 8 is actually one of the worst ones for seats changing hands. Scalpers get "bad" at row 11, there are 3 or 4, probably seats 9-12 that are always changing hands. Row 10 has usually always been solid (there is a community group that has 4 seats there so they are usually changing around) but for the most part Row 9/10 I can name people by the nicknames I've given them and they're there every week. "Old Fat Guy, Old English Fat Guy, Old Fat Guy II"

I couldn't hear a word the Capo said. Good on him for trying, but maybe it was the wind, but at least use your "outside voice" I could hear Tribal Rhythm from behind 118 better than the Capo. I honestly think that's an issue is that will be hard to overcome. It does become background noise that you don't listen to, but it's there and takes away from other things ie. chants that could be done.

It's been discussed here briefly before, stuff in my corner is going to take a while to develop.

FluSH
04-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Flush, dude.

That stand was meant for 112 all along. It wasn't in place due to some circumstances out of our hands, and it remained in front of 117 (where it has been since they took the bubble down.

I'm hoping to have it in front of you guys next week, but no promises. I'm working on it...

EDIT: I just noticed that Jack beat me to it!

Thanks Rudi... I didn't notice your post until now. You are truly a good guy.

nascarguy
04-06-2009, 01:31 AM
I still think that it sould be moved over to 119. I do not see why the sould be 2 capo stands in the south east end.

Jeffro
04-06-2009, 01:50 AM
johnny from Usector was manning it. did pretty good considering.

main problem is the corner of 118, just wanted to wank off w/ a couple douchey 'chants,' also 'the firm' in 116 didn't want to join in with us in 117 even though we we're trying to follow you lot... such is that corner.

as far as the scalped seats go, there are new faces every week, i think there is the same problem in the front of 116

Nothing to do with the Rock chanters at the front of 117...:rolleyes:

Somehow one of the rock chanters even got onto that Capo stand

VPjr
04-06-2009, 05:26 AM
I normally stand in 117 (row 15). I missed Saturday's game because I'm on vacation but I'll be there this Saturday.

My complaint with 117 has always been that what happens in the first 8 rows can't be heard any further back. there is no co-ordination. There is never an effort from down low to actually just turn around so and allow everyone else to join in.

I often scream myself hoarse up in row 15 trying, together with some others around me, to keep up with the chants that are happening down low but I get frustrated by the fact that the bottom 1/3 of 117 is doing their own thing, 116 is doing its own thing and 118 is doing its own thing. Its a mess alot of the time.

We don't have a roof so sound doesn't carry, which sucks. we have to do the best we can with what we've got. it's simply a matter of working together. it should not be that hard but for 2 years its been the same thing, week in and week out.

If there is a capo who has some experience, I think it would help. but it will require 116-118 to work together (even the guys in 119 are close enough to hear the chants from 116-118 and join in)

onemanbarmyarmy
04-06-2009, 06:14 AM
I hate thise guys at the front of 117 they are the reason noone wants to chant in that section. They make up the lamest chants so everybody ends up chanting at them instead of with them. I'm in the corner of 118 and after the first 5-6 rows it seems to die down. The capo was lost on me because I am in the 2nd row so I would have to choose wether to watch the game or the capo. I tried to get chants started by qickly checking the capo but they pretty much died out do to the "tourists" in the section.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Hey All

I in row 8 of section 117. It was by far the poorest of display of chanting. Yes there was a capo at the front. My brother and I kept up with his chants, but i could see was fustrated. I know the guys in the front row wo start those stupid chants.

I will speak to them prior to the next match and see if they will coridnate with the capo in our section. I have one suggestion, should we not have a play list so that people know what chants we are doing and when we are doing them

phonzo
04-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey All

I in row 8 of section 117. It was by far the poorest of display of chanting. Yes there was a capo at the front. My brother and I kept up with his chants, but i could see was fustrated. I know the guys in the front row wo start those stupid chants.

I will speak to them prior to the next match and see if they will coridnate with the capo in our section. I have one suggestion, should we not have a play list so that people know what chants we are doing and when we are doing them

You can't really playlist chants. Part of the capo's responsibility is to choose chants that are appropriate to what is happening then and now. So you can't really just say:

02:00 - Forza TO
07:00 - Massive
etc

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 08:07 AM
It would be great if we could get some kind of coordinated effort going in 117. If we could get the "Rock" chanters on the same page as everyone else it would help. They have lots of enthusiasm but need some guidance!

Steve
04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I'm in 223, and saw both capo stands. I have to give some respect to whoever it was that tried to capo in 117, but it looked like a lost cause from where I stood. Eventually he just turned around and watched the game (while crouching).

I'm glad it's being moved over to 111-112. For me, the best bet is to have one in 111-112 and on between 113 -114, then have the capos making sure they're synced up. If you can get those two sections going, we'll be able to grow slowly (as people in 110 and 115 will be able to hear a little). Next year, if all goes well, you could look at adding one in front of 115. Spread out slowly, that way people are exposed to all of the proper chants from people who already know them, so they get caught up with the rest of the people, instead of just trying to put a capo in front of people who don't know, or don't care.

Good work rudy and co who got the second stand. The first stand made a huge difference last year, hopefully it will keep getting better.

brad
04-06-2009, 08:35 AM

A lot more of 105 was standing as well. Major improvement (in both sections) over last year.

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
It would be great if we could get some kind of coordinated effort going in 117. If we could get the "Rock" chanters on the same page as everyone else it would help. They have lots of enthusiasm but need some guidance!

No doubt, i agree. I love their enthusiasm, but they need to be willing to learn more of the chants and just give up that "rock" chant all together.

I am in row 3 in 117 so I couldn't really see how empty our section was in the upper rows, but the disorganization was killing me. I was getting pretty frustrated with people telling Johnny on the capo stand to sit down, meanwhile the same guys were not even trying to join in in any of his chants. And when I would have a look around, nobody beyond the first four or five rows seemed to be joining in either. Probably due to the fact that there were two or three chants coming from each side, and no one was on the same page. I enjoyed that there was a capo stand there, but I don't know if it will fly in our corner as most people didn't seem too interested in what Johnny was doing. We can only keep trying, though I think it will be an uphill battle.

Also, the guy behind me (sorry I don't know your name) who took Johnny's drum while he was on the capo stand was awesome and kept a really good beat. I'd love to hear more drumming at future games. Maybe even drown out TRN a bit.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
The biggest problem IMO is that there are too many chants started at the same time. Do the capos co ordinate at least so that they are on the same page??? Or is it what ever they feel at that moment.

If the capo in front of 117 can PM me I would like to discuss what we can do in my section as again I know most of the guys in the front row that chant that dumb ass rock chant and I will try and get them to be on the same page.

Cheers

C.Ronaldo
04-06-2009, 09:50 AM
4pm is a horrible time.

its neither here nor there.

its siesta time, people are naturally tired at that time.

make it 2 pm or make it at night.

With all the money MLSE has, you'd think they'd hire a fan psychology consultant.

make it near lunch = more food and beer sales b/c people didnt have all day to fill up and get piss drunk

make it at night, and people are raring to go out and have a good time.

plus 4pm = families going out and if it rains/cold, they dont go, and we get empty seats.

phonzo
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
A lot more of 105 was standing as well. Major improvement (in both sections) over last year.

Good to hear I was actually impressed by 104 as I was expecting to walk into a library but surprisingly it wasn't.

I do believe the consistent stream of beer guys ensured the sections would stay loud all game. Even though they were quite wasteful when pouring. Feel bad for the guy and girl in Row 19 that kept getting spilled on.

Now if only 104 and 105 can somehow time their chants and sing something more then When the Red's go marching in we'll be in for a heck of a season. I'm just curious to see how the rotation of partial pack'rs affects the areas. For example I know the few folks around me that I talked to won't be back until May but I'll be back for FCD except one more row up.

brad
04-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Now if only 104 and 105 can somehow time their chants and sing something more then When the Red's go marching in we'll be in for a heck of a season. I'm just curious to see how the rotation of partial pack'rs affects the areas. For example I know the few folks around me that I talked to won't be back until May but I'll be back for FCD except one more row up.

Timing is usually better. The wind pretty much killed all chance of that happening. The selection of songs is quite limited though.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Guys

I want to help fix our section. PM me or let me know what you need me on this thread as I want our section to be loud. I was quite disapointed with our display on the field and in our section.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
:mad:
4pm is a horrible time.

its neither here nor there.

its siesta time, people are naturally tired at that time.

make it 2 pm or make it at night.

With all the money MLSE has, you'd think they'd hire a fan psychology consultant.

make it near lunch = more food and beer sales b/c people didnt have all day to fill up and get piss drunk

make it at night, and people are raring to go out and have a good time.

plus 4pm = families going out and if it rains/cold, they dont go, and we get empty seats.

Maybe the cold and the potential for rain is an excuse, besides that there is no bloody excuse. Time shouldn't matter :noidea:

TOBOR !
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM

i was happy because i hate sitting during football matches, so it worked out well. we were doing some chanting back and forth with section 127 opposite us... fun times.

I was impressed with you guys - from the back of 224 you were loud and repeatedly gave Ljunberg the business. Nice job.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
117, the only way the South West corner can get better is if people will allow themselves to cooperate with each other.

If people just want to do their own thing, that's their right and choice. But there must be the realization that it will never even come close to being what the South East corner looks and sounds like without a willingness to work together.

I am not sure that willingness exists in 117/118.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I was impressed with you guys - from the back of 224 you were loud and repeatedly gave Ljunberg the business. Nice job.

Giving him the business? LOL!

6D8aAC4jrPM

Section 117
04-06-2009, 12:00 PM
117, the only way the South West corner can get better is if people will allow themselves to cooperate with each other.

If people just want to do their own thing, that's their right and choice. But there must be the realization that it will never even come close to being what the South East corner looks and sounds like without a willingness to work together.

i agree but has anyone tried to unite 117/118. I think I can influence the front Rock chanters. Roogsy where do you sit as I would like to say hi as I see you on the boards quite often

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm in 118, row 14. Couple of comments:

the TRN drums were pretty accommodating on Saturday. I will never be a fan of them, but they died down when chants did get going and when it had all gone a bit quiet they started up with some moderate noise, nothing too excessive like in previous years. this really helped because a few times chants spread from east to west along the south side and we were able to join in.

also, the capo in front of 117 I could hear pretty well. he did a pretty good job all things considered. i'm not going to argue about which sections need/deserve a capo more, but i will say that it had a good effect on a part of the south end which doesn;t normally synch with the rest of the SS. Can we not look into getting four or five capos stationed along the south end so we can all benefit from them? why does it only have to be 2? just curious.

finally, the wind/weather and the lack of anything much to cheer about made it a difficult start to the season as far as chanting and gettign in synch goes. if the capo in front of 117 was there for the next few home games, i think there will be a steady improvement on the impact he had. get rid of the wind, get more people out in a better mood, get them used to how the capo works and following along and all of a sudden the difference could be significant.

just my 2 cents...

TOBOR !
04-06-2009, 12:02 PM
BTW, since I'm speaking about the back of 224, and by extension 225, how about leaving out the 'PART TIME SUPPORTERS' chant and instead singing for the team on the field ?

I was chanting against the ref, for the reds and at Drew Carey - albeit alone mostly - throughout much of the game and even during extra time, when all appeared hopeless, and rather than support for the team all I can hear is 'PART TIME SUPPORTERS' being directed at whoever attempted on getting a jump on getting out of BMO.

Fuck it - leave it out - this doesn't make you cool or funny - sing for the team, sing for the game, sing against the other team's fans, but do better than this.

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 12:05 PM

I agree. But for a small group of us in the first 4 or 5 rows, most people just don't seem that interested in joining in. People have to want to cooperate for anything to change. If we can get the "rock" chanters on the same page and coordinate with the group in 116 we may be able to make some positive strides.

Hitcho
i agree but has anyone tried to unite 117/118. I think I can influence the front Rock chanters. Roogsy where do you sit as I would like to say hi as I see you on the boards quite often

in fairness i don't think anyone has really tried to unite 117/118. TRN have been a big pain in the ass in the past, but were prtty manageable on Sat. They seem a lot more open to unifying the SW corner/south end this season (I signed up for their e-mail updates and they seem to be making an effort on this front for season 3).

I'm in for helping out with this. The front half of 118 has a lot of chanters in it, a lot of people who will follow along if they have someone leadnig them, but they need a spark. if the front of 117 and 118 get it going together, there's a match waiting to be lit there.

Roogsy

LOL! These days I am in 112. If there is something we can do, I will gladly sit (stand) in my 118 seats and help the cause. But if previous history is any indication, the only thing that will happen is we will be told to "fuck off". And those will be the nice comments.

Section 117
also, the capo in front of 117 I could hear pretty well. he did a pretty good job all things considered. i'm not going to argue about which sections need/deserve a capo more, but i will say that it had a good effect on a part of the south end which doesn;t normally synch with the rest of the SS. Can we not look into getting four or five capos stationed along the south end so we can all benefit from them? why does it only have to be 2? just curious.

Agreed they need to spread across the whole south end and they all should be on the same page

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Maybe a survey of the 2 sections? A poll prior to the game to find out if people want to be coordinated or just left alone?

David_Oliveira
04-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Good to hear I was actually impressed by 104 as I was expecting to walk into a library but surprisingly it wasn't.

I do believe the consistent stream of beer guys ensured the sections would stay loud all game. Even though they were quite wasteful when pouring. Feel bad for the guy and girl in Row 19 that kept getting spilled on.

I sat in a buddies seat in 105, row 10. I thought there was so much potential with the people in 104 and 105. The guys in 104 that were closer to the pitch were awesome. But as soon as they tried to start something, guys in 104 would drown them out with "oh when the reds" or "this is our house." I tried for the life of me to follow 127 and couldn't keep up over the guys a few rows above me.

luvgravy
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
If you guys are looking for some more help....I can hang out more in 117 row 17.

phonzo
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
ya the guys in the lower 104 were great just the wind made it impossible to hear them towards the middle so what would happen is the top of 104/105 would start something and those of us in the middle were caught between two songs.

However a few times things came together and both sections sounded pretty good...trusty ole Referee is a wanker and Danny Dichio. Hopefully with calmer weather things work out a bit better and it would be nice to get more of the folks together. Row 20 in 105/104 were standing all the way up and it was nice to see people offer their seats up in case someone wanted to sit.

It's going to be important to get everyone together before we actually have visitor's..I don't feel like getting drowned out by Impact fans :p

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree. But for a small group of us in the first 4 or 5 rows, most people just don't seem that interested in joining in. People have to want to cooperate for anything to change. If we can get the "rock" chanters on the same page and coordinate with the group in 116 we may be able to make some positive strides.

That actually sounds like a plan.

I get the feeling though anything we do...they are going to insist we include the ROCK chant. :lol:

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Fellas...this is a thread about 117 and sorrounding sections. Not the east stands.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
LOL! These days I am in 112. If there is something we can do, I will gladly sit (stand) in my 118 seats and help the cause. But if previous history is any indication, the only thing that will happen is we will be told to "fuck off". And those will be the nice comments.

Roogsy - where in 118 are your seats? And where did you get that kind of reaction from? 118 is a fractured section - TRN claimed the back but no-one gives a shit about them at the front. I'm about half way up, and from what I can tell the front half is pretty into cheering and chanting.

Maybe the way to put it is - "hey look, we'll keep a capo over there, if you guys want to follow along that's cool, or if you get a good chant going we'll ask the capo to try and pick it up and spread it along", rather than seeming like we're laying down orders of how to chant/support (not saying that's been done, just drawing a comparison).

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
what's the "rock" chant?!

luvgravy
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
That actually sounds like a plan.

I get the feeling though anything we do...they are going to insist we include the ROCK chant. :lol:

It would be a small sacrifice to make to get some unified chanting.

I'll be honest, I've spent a number of games in 117 and can't hear anything coming from the front of 117 or 116 over the drums (note: slight exageration).

I will say this...the couple of times that a chant almost took hold on Satureday (there were a couple) TRN picked up the beat on the drums. But by the time it reached them they had 2 bars and it was over.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 12:53 PM
It would be a small sacrifice to make to get some unified chanting.

I'll be honest, I've spent a number of games in 117 and can't hear anything coming from the front of 117 or 116 over the drums (note: slight exageration).

I will say this...the couple of times that a chant almost took hold on Satureday (there were a couple) TRN picked up the beat on the drums. But by the time it reached them they had 2 bars and it was over.

I'm not sure the TRN drumming helps, they just put people off or cover the noise of the chant. it's good that they want to help, but they need to find another way of doing it (leaving the drums at home would be a good start).

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Asking TRN not to do their thing is not fair. They have been there since day one just like the rest of us. Perhaps a spirit of cooperation can help us unify the sections. There is no reason their steel drums can't join in the chants.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I will speak to the guys in the front I want to unify the section. I will even go speak to the guys in TRN to see if they will get in on our chants and see if we can make it a proper section. I will keep every one posted. Ultra where do you sit exactly I would like to introduce myself next game

transplant
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
There are a bunch of us in the middle of 118 (a few rows in front of you, hitcho). i think there is a willingness to unify it seems to me. It happens on a sporadic basis with the bottom of the section or with the group in 119, but we are SURROUNDED by scalper seats.

TFClifer
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in 105 row 8... we have a bunch of ppl all over that chant but the problem is being in synch with 104 or the delay further up in 105. I said it last year, we need to synch up with the NEE across the pitch to have an effective chant session. That would be killer.

Not sorry to say... I think this year's opening match was the deadest I have ever seen BMO right from the get go. The starting 11 was a no show and we were a no show compared to years past. Hope we all do better vs FC Dallas Saturday.

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
There's at least 5 of us in 117 row 4 who are onboard for unifying our section

RedsYNWA
04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm in 116 close to 115 on the east side of the firm they are good guys. I don't care for a capo usually we pick up chants or start our own, keep in mind I'm there to watch the game as well, so if the boys are playing like shite and my balls are freezing you won't hear me chanting anything positive

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 01:37 PM
I will speak to the guys in the front I want to unify the section. I will even go speak to the guys in TRN to see if they will get in on our chants and see if we can make it a proper section. I will keep every one posted. Ultra where do you sit exactly I would like to introduce myself next game

117 row 3, seats 6 & 7. Come introduce yourself. There are a few more guys on the board here that sit right behind me in row 4, as well as Johnny and the u-sec guys that sit in row 2. There are enough of us around that we should be able to get some cohesion throughout 116, 117 & 118.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 01:38 PM
This is the most positive comments about the south west corner I think I've ever read. Maybe this merits effort.

To be clear...nobody here is advocating making this a Red Patch Boys section. We are simply discussing it on the RPB website. Perhaps making that clear and then asking for cooperation will help us achieve what we are looking for?

I am willing to vacate my presence in 112 if it means I will help generate atmosphere in my home section. What is it exactly we should do to begin?

Let's start by where we sit.

I am 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

UltraFF is 117, Row 3, seats 6 and 7.

Hitcho is 118 Row 14, Seats ?

Section 117 is in (I assume) 117, Row ? Seats?

Josh the Great is 117, Row 4, Seats ?

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
There are a bunch of us in the middle of 118 (a few rows in front of you, hitcho). i think there is a willingness to unify it seems to me. It happens on a sporadic basis with the bottom of the section or with the group in 119, but we are SURROUNDED by scalper seats.

Yeah, the scalper issue is a problem. But having said that, in my experience the randoms who turn up aren;t a negative influence in terms of chanting, they just don't participate. So if we can get the genuine ticket holders going, we should be strong enough in numbers to make a decent impact.

Which rows are you in? We should try and work together at the Dallas game.

Monk
04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok,

without getting my back up too much by some posts by people who clearly haven't been in the section for any other season and now think they have a clue I'll make a few points.

1. The front of the section, Including "the Rock" chanters as people put it have been amongst the only CONSISTENT singers and chanters and drum beaters since the start of TFC. We all start chants and try and get them going. Between people not joining in, scalped seats/revolving door faces and conflicting chants with other sections it has always, and will always be difficult. Add the fact that most of the good chanters have actually been to games outside of North America most prefer a spontaneous approach rather than scripted, timed, wooden chants. Add the brutal wind where you could barely hear anything and not much of a performance worth chanting on the pitch and it was bound to be like that.

2. People who START chants in sections NEVER carry it on long enough for other sections to get in synch, especially with the shape of the stadium making it VERY hard to hear 112/113's chants and people beside those sections not carrying it on until we reach a consistent level of chanting.

3. West Side Stand Up! Finally it looks like the West side has started contributing with chanting. I know in 117 we had a big part in getting that going and there are some good pockets there who are even starting up chants.. Its a start and we definately followed their lead on a few chants.

4. R-O-C-K , will never go away :D. It is a bit of a tradition now after 3 seasons in the section. The guys in the front started it and well... at times it was the only bit of life in the section.

5. Roogsy abandonded us.. That doesn't help ;)

EDIT: Did I mention I feel like a f*cking broken record since this thread has appeared every season multiple times including threads from the very first games by _ME_ trying to get participation.
-W.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
This is the most positive comments about the south west corner I think I've ever read. Maybe this merits effort.

To be clear...nobody here is advocating making this a Red Patch Boys section. We are simply discussing it on the RPB website. Perhaps making that clear and then asking for cooperation will help us achieve what we are looking for?

I am willing to vacate my presence in 112 if it means I will help generate atmosphere in my home section. What is it exactly we should do to begin?

Let's get a list of all the people who have posted in this thread to date who seem willing to work on this, and their section and row numbers. That should mae it clear it's an independent effort spreading across several different sections and driven by a general aim to be in unified voice rather than working under any one given banner.

Then we need to get all those people to try and work with the people around them in their sections to somehow pull together. not sure what the best way of doing that is. but I do think that with a concerted effort spread from 116 to 118 with any willing participants, we could really be onto something. if we start small and aim to just get people listening for chants and picking up on them, that'd be a good victory of itself.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't want to be negative...but the front of 117 are the only ones that do the ROCK chant. Everyone else around them simply grimaces.

I did abandon 118...for that I am ashamed. LOL!

The ROCK chanters are either going to be allies or they will fight this. I really dunno which.

brad
04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
If there are people in the middle of 104/105 that participate this year, it has the potential to be a very good section (err, sections).

Last year, coordination between the front and back did happen, but everything died in the middle.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
East-siders, I strongly recommend you start a thread regarding your sections. It makes it easier to moderate and it probably helps your cause a whole lot more.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
In support of Monk, I have always seen plenty of energy from the front of 117. The key is to try and harness the ebergy from all the various pockets and see if we can get some chants (however started) to actually hold on for a bit in unison.

CHants not lasting long enough is a big problem. It's made worse by the fact that most of the chants that are well known are pretty short in nature, and people don;t want to sing the same thing 25 times while it catches on.

I think the best path to unified chanting really just lies with EVERYONE listening out for chants around them and trying to be quick about joining in. Once a couple of sections get on the same page, the noise level alone should carry it to other sections. but we need to unify individuals before we can unify sections and then the whole south end. start small, with everyone trying to make the same effort.

rocktml
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I think the weather had a huge role.......too cold, too windy. Plus the team was playing like shite. Why would u stay??

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't want to be negative...but the front of 117 are the only ones that do the ROCK chant. Everyone else around them simply grimaces.

I did abandon 118...for that I am ashamed. LOL!

The ROCK chanters are either going to be allies or they will fight this. I really dunno which.

if we're going to work together then we have to indulge everyone's own chants and styles, even if you don't want to join in with them. not every chant needs to be done by everyone. if we get 10 chants per half which really take off around the south end, then I'd consider that a massive victory for us as fans. if the rest of the time is just general noise with people doing their own thing in small groups then so be it. we're not robots, and any attempt to stamp out individuality will be met with the kind of "fuck off" responses you were talking about earlier Roogsy.

transplant
04-06-2009, 01:53 PM
we're in most of rows 10 and 11

alexintoronto
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
What exactly is the "Rock" chant?

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
if we're going to work together then we have to indulge everyone's little foibles. not every chant needs to be done by everyone. if we get 10 chants per half which really tale off, then I'd consider that a massive victory for us as fans. if the rest of the time is just general noise with people doing their own thing then so be it. we're not robots, and any attempt to stamp out individuality will be met with the kind of "fuck off" responses you were talkign about earlier Roogsy.

I won't stifle expression, but also won't join in.

I guess this begs the question. Can everything we are talking about here be done without a capo? Or will one be needed? I wasn't in 118 for this weekend's game and I hear it did not go over well...

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I think the weather had a huge role.......too cold, too windy. Plus the team was playing like shite. Why would u stay??

what really makes people leave early in that situation is the GO times. faced with that scenario and leaving a bit early to catch a train, or staying until the end and waiting 45 minutes in the wind and cold for the next one, a lot of people will leave. it would be great if GO could put on an extra train in each direction on game days which leaves about 20 mins after the scheduled game end time. not sure how likely that is though.

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Row 4, seats 7 to 11

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
What exactly is the "Rock" chant?

R
O
C
K
R-O-C-K
Rock you!

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I won't stifle expression, but also won't join in.

I guess this begs the question. Can everything we are talking about here be done without a capo? Or will one be needed? I wasn't in 118 for this weekend's game and I hear it did not go over well...

that's fine, just don't join in. No set of fans in the world manages to get every chant rolling around the ground in perfect harmony. like i said, if we get even 5 big chants per half then that will make a huge difference. look at the impact the cross-pitch massive had. we went from being a rowdy bunch of fans making a lot of splintered noise to an organised fever pitch din. it was awesome. if we can get everyone on the same page for a decent number of chants per page, and keep the general noise level good through people doing their own chants the rest of the time, then i think we'd have to call that a big step up, no?

Monk
04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
In support of Monk, I have always seen plenty of energy from the front of 117. The key is to try and harness the ebergy from all the various pockets and see if we can get some chants (however started) to actually hold on for a bit in unison.

CHants not lasting long enough is a big problem. It's made worse by the fact that most of the chants that are well known are pretty short in nature, and people don;t want to sing the same thing 25 times while it catches on.

I think the best path to unified chanting really just lies with EVERYONE listening out for chants around them and trying to be quick about joining in. Once a couple of sections get on the same page, the noise level alone should carry it to other sections. but we need to unify individuals before we can unify sections and then the whole south end. start small, with everyone trying to make the same effort.

Exactly.

Anyhow, we have had the section rocking in previous seasons and will again. People just need to join in the chants (or hell help get them started) and shout their lungs out. Our biggest challenge has been changing faces each game in the section. You can usually tell when the majority are the regular seat holders, the chanting is louder.

-W.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
we're in most of rows 10 and 11

does that include the group with the guy who has "fuzzboy" written on the back of his shirt?

listen dude - if rows 10 and 11 are starting some organised chanting, i have a pretty loud voice and I'll keep an eye and an ear open and follow your lead from row 14. I've heard others around me join in chants which were a bit wispy if I show I am not embarrassed to yell it out loud and take it up.

is there anyone in front of you who could do the same thing? because if so, suddenly we've got a good portion of the section on board.

Roogsy, which row in 118 are your seats in?

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Ok,

without getting my back up too much by some posts by people who clearly haven't been in the section for any other season and now think they have a clue I'll make a few points.

1. The front of the section, Including "the Rock" chanters as people put it have been amongst the only CONSISTENT singers and chanters and drum beaters since the start of TFC. We all start chants and try and get them going. Between people not joining in, scalped seats/revolving door faces and conflicting chants with other sections it has always, and will always be difficult. Add the fact that most of the good chanters have actually been to games outside of North America most prefer a spontaneous approach rather than scripted, timed, wooden chants. Add the brutal wind where you could barely hear anything and not much of a performance worth chanting on the pitch and it was bound to be like that.

2. People who START chants in sections NEVER carry it on long enough for other sections to get in synch, especially with the shape of the stadium making it VERY hard to hear 112/113's chants and people beside those sections not carrying it on until we reach a consistent level of chanting.

3. West Side Stand Up! Finally it looks like the West side has started contributing with chanting. I know in 117 we had a big part in getting that going and there are some good pockets there who are even starting up chants.. Its a start and we definately followed their lead on a few chants.

4. R-O-C-K , will never go away :D. It is a bit of a tradition now after 3 seasons in the section. The guys in the front started it and well... at times it was the only bit of life in the section.

5. Roogsy abandonded us.. That doesn't help ;)

EDIT: Did I mention I feel like a f*cking broken record since this thread has appeared every season multiple times including threads from the very first games by _ME_ trying to get participation.
-W.

Good points Monk.

I have been in 117 since day one and the thing that gets me the most is that by the end of last season we were starting to make some real noise in the SW corner. We actually had some cohesion between 117 through to 119, but yesterday it felt that we took many large steps backward. I know that it was the first week and it was cold, not to mention that there wasn't much to cheer about on the pitch, but I hope that this week we can greatly improve.

As for the "rock" chanters, they have the enthusiasm that we need to get people motivated, but I just wish they would learn some of the other chants instead of recycling the two or three that they know all game long. And as far as "the chant that will remain nameless" goes, most people around me don't care for it and don't sing along. It just doen't seem to have any relevence to our game.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:06 PM
that's fine, just don't join in. No set of fans in the world manages to get every chant rolling around the ground in perfect harmony. like i said, if we get even 5 big chants per half then that will make a huge difference. look at the impact the cross-pitch massive had. we went from being a rowdy bunch of fans making a lot of splintered noise to an organised fever pitch din. it was awesome. if we can get everyone on the same page for a decent number of chants per page, and keep the general noise level good through people doing their own chants the rest of the time, then i think we'd have to call that a big step up, no?

My dream is a cross-south end massive.

South west side: Qu'est-ce que vous chantez?

South east side: Nous chantons les rouges allez!

Shibby! :hump:

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
What is the "chant that will remain nameless"?

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:08 PM

Let's start by where we sit.

I am 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

Hitcho is 118 Row 14, Seats 3 and 4

Section 117 is in (I assume) 117, Row 8 Seats 7 and 8

Josh the Great is 117, Row 4, Seats 7 to 11

I need to update.

Keep sending the info in folks.

Also...at some point we have to address a capo or no. To be honest, I don't see how anything can be organized without one. Not across 2, maybe 3 sections (if you include 119 who is very willing to join in.)

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
What is the "chant that will remain nameless"?

R
O
C
K
R-O-C-K
Rock you!

:D I was just getting tired calling it the "rock" chant.

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Graeme117 is in seat 9 of my group

Pyeddo
04-06-2009, 02:16 PM
does that include the group with the guy who has "fuzzboy" written on the back of his shirt?

Yes...

transplant
04-06-2009, 02:18 PM

listen dude - if rows 10 and 11 are starting some organised chanting, i have a pretty loud voice and I'll keep an eye and an ear open and follow your lead from row 14. I've heard others around me join in chants which were a bit wispy if I show I am not embarrassed to yell it out loud and take it up.

is there anyone in front of you who could do the same thing? because if so, suddenly we've got a good portion of the section on board.

Aye...I am with fuzzboy. Lovely. we are often in with the boys across the gap in 119, but the batch of 117 to our right is a ghost town. :)

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Graeme117 is in seat 9 of my group

Hey Josh, were you the one who took over Johnny's drum when he went up on the capo stand?

Monk
04-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Good points Monk.

I have been in 117 since day one and the thing that gets me the most is that by the end of last season we were starting to make some real noise in the SW corner. We actually had some cohesion between 117 through to 119, but yesterday it felt that we took many large steps backward. I know that it was the first week and it was cold, not to mention that there wasn't much to cheer about on the pitch, but I hope that this week we can greatly improve.

Definately, and I think it was a combination of all that and certainly wasn't restricted to any one section.

I'll also mention I think many people in the section aren't fans of a capo. I'm not saying they won't join in, but the majority come from European football backgrounds and in all my years of going to games throughout England, Germany and Europe I have never seen a Capo. I realise we are a young team so some direction might be needed, but I prefer to lead from the stands starting a chant and singing... sometimes people pick it up and go with it, other times not... but hey... that's Football for ya.

It would help if the team gave us something worth singing for ;)

-W.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
I can understand your feeling Monk...but as someone who has sat in practically every section of BMO, let me tell you that a capo makes the biggest difference of all. There is no better way to organize. Without a capo, even the most organized section (the south east corner) was not coordinated, and neither will the south west corner be.

You will have someone in the front of 117 start one thing. Someone in 118 sing another. And 119 their own as well...or join in at a different speed or beat to what is being sung in an attempt to join in.

At least it's loud. But nowhere near coordinated. Why do you think I scam, steal and buy my way into 112?

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Roogsy - seats 3 and 4

transplant - cool, i know where you guys are. i'll follow your lead with chanting as best i can

capo issue - can we not just get someone in the aisle between 118 and 117? if we had a couple of guys standing at the rail above the entrance tunnel (which is around row 9 i think) I'm sure they could get things started. even if they just appeared for quick bursts to get something going ebfore taking fof again to avoid security, i think it could really act as a catalyst as long as there are people looking out for them and prepared to follow their lead, no? i think this happened at one of the friendly games in season 1, and it seemed to work well enough.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:26 PM
That's all I am really advocating. Not the capo stand. Looks like that is being moved anyways.

The point is to have a focal point. Without it, it becomes discombobulated.

Pyeddo
04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Hitcho I can promise you that you'll get a chant out of 118 anytime (if ever again) Edwards warms up on the sidelines lol

"CUT THOSE SIDEBURNS"

Section 117
04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
I am row 8 seat 7 & 8

I think that we can use the guy who was acting as capo as the person to lead as he did a good job IMO.

Cross section massive Roogsy is a little much right now, but maybe by the end of the season I hope it could be done

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
No Ultra, that's Jordie. He's majoring in Drumming at Humber Music College. He's pretty damn good!

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
That's all I am really advocating. Not the capo stand. Looks like that is being moved anyways.

The point is to have a focal point. Without it, it becomes discombobulated.

sounds like a made up word to me! :D:D:D

ok, well this might work then - we get a couple of guys in the aisle betwen 118 and 117 to start a few chants per half (just to see how it goes), and we prime anyone who is interested to watch for them and follow their lead. with any luck, the chant will get loud enough and quickly enough for it to spread nicely before it dies off.

that also gets round the issue of people not wanting a capo in front of them, and won't impinge on anyone doing their own chants the rest of the time. if we get success with a few chants per game, then we can step it up and use the aisle men to rally people more often (although I'd be wary of ever reaching the point of overkill - neither security nor the fans will like that much).

EDIT - shall we change the thread title to something like "117 Area Chanting" now?!

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
EDIT - shall we change the thread title to something like "117 Area Chanting" now?!

How about that? LOL!

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
No Ultra, that's Jordie. He's majoring in Drumming at Humber Music College. He's pretty damn good!

Yeah, he was keeping a pretty wicked beat. He should start bringing a drum with him if he can. Combine his with Johnny's, so we have a louder/stronger beat to chant to.

Jeffro
04-06-2009, 02:42 PM
118 row 3 seat 5

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I am 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

Jeffro 118, Row 3, Seat 5

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Why don't we start with something small. Let's plan to do one chant at the 10 minute mark. We'll let the rest of the chants for the game flow organically but we can have one that is planned. If the one chant goes well, we can build on that!

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
How about we do the Dichio chant well? Last I remember, we still couldn't get that puppy down pat.

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Ha, True! But I would like to see us chant something in unison earlier. There's usually a lot of dead space between the first 5 minutes of the game and the Dichio chant.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
I am 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

transplant's group takes up a lot of rows 10 and 11 by the sounds of it - definitely want those sort of numbers on board...

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Not a big fan of teh pre-determined time for chanting (Dichio aside, that's a big bit of history). What if there's a corner going on right in front of us and the chant is just wrong? A better approach is to say "ok, early in the game, first 5 mins or so, let's try this chant" and then we all watch for it and make sure it takes off when it starts. good practice.

Josh the Great 117
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Sounds good to me

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
How about we do the Dichio chant well? Last I remember, we still couldn't get that puppy down pat.

Haha!!! yeah, so true. Here we are dreaing of grandeur with a unified south end and we can't even get the one chant everyone knows done right, despite the fact it happens at the same time every game! :noidea:

Ok - Dallas game, let's work on a few basic things:

1. 0-5 mins - an early chant to test the waters (any suggestions?)

2. 23-24 mins - DICHIO done really fucking well for once

3. every opposing team corner in front of us - WHO ARE YA

4. every home team corner in front of us - THIS IS OUR HOUSE

5. everyone follow and loudly support the aisle guys when they appear (let's keep personal opinions aside, we can iron out chant choices as we go on, for now let's just get some loud unification going - this is an ongoing project, not the finished article)

Just a suggested list of what we can sensibly achieve in our sections and give us something to build on. Any thoughts?

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I am 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

Johnny, Rob & Terry from u-sec are in 117 row 2, seats 9-11

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
How about we agree on a roster of chants? I am not sure which ones people know and which ones aren't as well known. Obviously 112, 113 and 127 have a larger roster of songs than we could being as the chants are mostly originating from there.

Dichio
Massive
This is our house
Who are ya

LOL! That's all I can think of that our section really knows.

Ones that I would suggest that are really easy and catchy.

DeRosario, lala lala la (easy one)
Bro Hymn
We love you
Moliendo Cafe (we know it, just by another name which I can't remember)

Other than "we love you", none of these have large amount of lyrics to learn and it's mostly about learning the tune/melody.

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Forza T.O.
Hey Toronto! Lo lo lo lo lo lo looooo

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
How about we agree on a roster of chants? I am not sure which ones people know and which ones aren't as well known. Obviously 112, 113 and 127 have a larger roster of songs than we could being as the chants are mostly originating from there.

Dichio
Massive
This is our house
Who are ya

Bro Hymn
We love you

Other than "we love you", none of these have large amount of lyrics to learn and it's mostly about learning the tune/melody.

The De Rosario one should work really well (to the tune of Boney M's brown girl in the ring, but obviously in a footie style), simple, catchy and naturally repeats itself well.

I was going to suggest a massive but it requires a bit of co-ordination. There were some really good versions from 118 to 119/129 in seasons 1 and 2, and i'm sure if we get a large batch of 118/117 to start it off, it'll catch on again over there, there are some pretty good pockets of support in those sections.

If we add these to my list above, that's a pretty good starting point. If we try and swim before we can tread water then we'll just sink!

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
The De Rosario one should work really well (to the tune of Boney M's brown girl in the ring, but obviously in a footie style), simple, catchy and naturally repeats itself well.

Hah! You know it!

Excellent. It is easy. And catchy. I've been singing it all weekend long.

graeme117
04-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Johnny, Rob & Terry from u-sec are in 117 row 2, seats 9-11

I take up seat 9 in josh the greats seats.

should we all meet somewhere, like at the front of 117, 10-15 minutes before kick off? just to meet and go over the "chant plan"

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I will be in my "home" section this weekend for sure. No way I am missing helping out my own section.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Dichio
Massive
This is our house
Who are ya

Bro Hymn
We love you

Roogsy great idea... Let's perfect a couple of chants and then slowly expand. If we rush things then it will have the opposite effect.

Guys I am sooo pumped that we are trying to organize the section

UltraFootyKWC
04-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I take up seat 9 in josh the greats seats.

should we all meet somewhere, like at the front of 117, 10-15 minutes before kick off? just to meet and go over the "chant plan"

Yes, for sure. Let's plan to meet and all get on the same page before game time.

Section 117
04-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, for sure. Let's plan to meet and all get on the same page before game time.

Defintely I will be there 15 - 20 mins before kick off

:hump:

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Pumped is not the word for it...I am bouncing off the walls!

:willy_nilly:

It's great to feel positive about something after a long week of negativity both over Columbus and over Saturday's drubbing.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 04:35 PM
The meet up is a good idea for sure - make sure we know the same chants and it would really help if we all kind of knew each other, you're more inclined to pull with people you have met and can identify with.

Awesome! I can't wait to try this!

Might also be worth speaking to TRN on a friendly basis just to let them know what we are planning - ie, a non-SG based effort to energise the SW corner in unison for parts of the game. I think they'll be accommodating if we put it on that footing.

Closer to the game we should start a separate thread on this and see if there's anyone else in 117/118 who wants to meet up before the game and join the movement.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree. TRN should be included if anything, in the hopes they join us and make it even better.

Jamaicanadian
04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I will be in my "home" section this weekend for sure. No way I am missing helping out my own section.

Roogsy! I had fun ....You were right about the peeps around you...
Outsider perspective--->Some chant organization would be good. .....Too many pockets of chants....However I get so zoned into the match at times that I am too busy to chant :noidea:...See you next week....Hopefully!

Jack
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
If you guys need to contact TRN, we should do so soon. Let me know as I can shoot an email to Dwayne pretty quickly.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
If you guys need to contact TRN, we should do so soon. Let me know as I can shoot an email to Dwayne pretty quickly.

I spoke with Dwayne before the Columbus game but that was while he was in Florida. Unfortunately I did not think ahead to get his number for his return to Toronto. Jack if you could PM me his details, or have him call me again, that would be great.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
^ I dunno if we want to make this a formal thing though do we? The focus is on trying to get around the various different SGs and not put it under an RPB or any other banner. If we just go say hi to them after we meet up before the game, that might come across as less demanding/formal or whatever. Just a thought.

EDIT - on second thought, I think they'll be up for watching out for us in any event. We're not asking them to turn off or anything, just not drown us out if we get something going, and they were pretty good about spotting chants and respecting them on Saturday.

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
We have agreed this is not a RPB issue, this is a section issue. It just so happens Jack has the contact with the TRN guys because they have worked with each other before.

Nothing formal here...just well preparedness. There will be no formal communiqués from the RPB President to the TRN President on letterhead through our respective embassies. LOL!

Jack
04-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Also, TRN have repeatedly expressed their desire to get more chants going and chant along with other supporters.

Hitcho
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
^ I can vouch for this, I signed up for the e-mail list at the end of last season and they've sent missives round on this point. I think they'll be happy to work with the section.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but I really think the key to a unified south end is to go section by section. If the SW corner can get on the same page (SG issues aside), and the SE corner can do the same (SG issues aside), then you've got two very large, potentially very noisy chant bunkers which can originate and spread chants through the south end. but you've got to start at a micro level i think, and build it slowly from there. it's great that we seem to have the desire to do this in the SW corner, let's hope it all comes together!

crozack
04-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Hello from section 117

I just joined the forum and needed to finally vent!

Our section was terrible, minus the group below us. I've had season tickets since the beginning along with the other 9 of us who bought a group pack. We alway enjoy joining in with the chants but it gets annoying when others are looking at you ,shaking there heads.
Sat's game didnt have the same feel as it did last year....maybe it was the cold?...maybe it was the lack of effort on the field?....who knows!!
One thing is for sure, a good portion of people around us are not the true TFC supporters.....They are there because its the place to be right now.....Pisses me off.
How did they get there tickets?
Can anything be done?.....it is after all the "Supporters Section"

phonzo
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Last post regarding this I promise Roogsy:

I meant to start this thread earlier today but got called into a meeting. For those in 104/105:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=457620#post457620

Now let 117 continue their plot for south end domination :)

Johnny
04-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Hello every one, this is Johnny from U-Sector, I was the one who went on the Capo Stand in the first half on Saturday, I am glad to hear that there are people who want to make this section work. I talked to the Rock guy and he seemed pretty cool about co-ordinating chants with me when he went on the stand at the start of the second half.

I just want chants that work and make sense, for example, when the opposing team doesn't have supporters don't do the "can you hear _____ sing?" of course not, they aren't even here, stuff like that should be saved for teams who bring people and we go up a goal on them and it is quiet, it is all about the right chant at the right time.

I don't usually come on this board, but Jason (UltraFootyFanatic) and I were texting back and forth today about the topic of the Capo in 117, which the stand will not be there this weekend. But it doesn't hurt to have someone going up and down the isle of 117/118 leading stuff. I can talk more about some of the other things (positive and negative things) people have been telling me in person on Saturday. I will try and get there early, it is my birthday and I have a friend from out of town who I haven't seen in a while and I want to to see her off to the bus terminal before the match, so depending on that and if I can make it to the Gate. But if I am a bit late and get there just before kick off (or my tickets don't scan like last week for some reason) I will do my best to get there early.

jmorgs88
04-07-2009, 12:13 AM
a Capo stand in front of 117(or any other supporter section) would be great to help run the chants in the supporter sections outside of 111-113, the problem is that the organization is not there in these other sections, i have got seasons in 115 and although we try to start stuff up the people interested in singing all game are in small clusters separated throughout the section, we get more disgruntled looks then we do support, not sure what solution there is to this though...

onemanbarmyarmy
04-07-2009, 05:49 AM
118 row 3 seat 5
Hey dude I'm Stewart in row 2 seats 1-2! Didn't even know you were on here.

onemanbarmyarmy
04-07-2009, 06:00 AM
This actually sounds promising. I will be enjoying one of those rare occasions this weekend- a sober soccer match- as I have to pick up a rental car for the weekend pre-game so I will try to help focus some chants but those who know me or sit in our little supporter's cluster at the front of 118 (minus the scalper seats in row 1) I am very down with the chanting and try to keep things going as long as possible even if it does incur a face palm from those that are less interested. What a run on sentence. Any-hoozles Roogsy knows me and knows I'm in like Flint!

RedsYNWA
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Why don't you guys try contacting the firm in 116 it will round off the south corner nicely. They went around giving out cards last game...don't know much about them but they do chant

Roogsy
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
This actually sounds promising. I will be enjoying one of those rare occasions this weekend- a sober soccer match- as I have to pick up a rental car for the weekend pre-game so I will try to help focus some chants but those who know me or sit in our little supporter's cluster at the front of 118 (minus the scalper seats in row 1) I am very down with the chanting and try to keep things going as long as possible even if it does incur a face palm from those that are less interested. What a run on sentence. Any-hoozles Roogsy knows me and knows I'm in like Flint!

I am aghast...devastated. :lol:

onemanbarmyarmy
04-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Ohh who am I kidding?! Still I'm down like Julie Brown.

InTheCrowd
04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Alright I'm going to be in 117 for the next game. Let's get something going guys! Let's make section 117 ROAR!

graeme117
04-07-2009, 11:51 PM
^nice, see you there

InTheCrowd
04-08-2009, 06:09 AM
^nice, see you there

Let's make some noise, ok!

edmundo
04-08-2009, 10:45 AM
^^

The RPB section for some reason looked smaller and more tamed (but given the wind and the play of the home side it's understandable. Just an overall lack of enthusiasm in the stadium I really hope it was the wind because it looks like the supporters have taken two steps back.

i as well noticed the exact same thing that the supporters section looked smaller, all game this perplexed me and i didnt quite figure it out until i spoke to cashcleaner the other day....you see in the first and second seasons alot of people like myself, despite the fact that i have tickets in another section would sneak into the southend and get rowdy with the real supporters because i too would try to sing and cheer and stand in other places and be the only guy or even once where i was told to sit down!!!, now apparently theres new security at bmo fiel that are running things like its the fuckin pentagon, the front office are killing the atmosphere with this bullshit, they absolutly gotta make a true supporter section if they expand the field to correct this, and they need to work with the supporter groups to make this happen, until then tho, u-sector and red patch boys need to pull together a bit better, the two still arent in sync on alot of chants i notice

BRed
04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
^^ 100% agree on all points. It's a shame that MLSE has to be so corporate about everything. I think their official colours are Sivler and Black.

BRed
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Holy shit Amfield is loud!! 45 straight minutes so far...

mclaren
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Holy shit Amfield is loud!! 45 straight minutes so far...

Not anymore - Chelsea fans singing "where's your famous atmosphere?"

edmundo
04-09-2009, 12:14 AM
come on chelsea!!! ............. i digress........... must contain myself

InTheCrowd
04-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Alright, everyone sitting in section 117, let's try and get some chants going ok.

Section 117
04-09-2009, 11:09 AM
What's up guys I can't wait till Saturday....

One question has anyone spoken to the guys at TRN to see if they will help us out uniting our beloved 117?

Hitcho
04-09-2009, 12:07 PM
^ I think this is as much a 118 thing as it is 117 (despite the thread title). Either way, we should view it as a SW Corner initiative - get rid of any SG and/or section rivalry, and let's just keep the focus firmly on some loud ass unified chanting, which is what we all want after all.

TRN should be easy enough about the whole thing on game day if no-one has contacted them yet. As I posted before, they've sent e-mails to their members this season about unifying etc. Might be a good diea to come up with some kind of plan to involve them at the meeting at front of 117 before approaching them though!

UltraFootyKWC
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
^ Agree 100%. Let's get the SW corner of BMO fuckin' rockin'.

Roogsy
04-09-2009, 01:15 PM
How do we get the message out to all 117/118 seat holders? Do we talk to them as they come in?

Section 117
04-09-2009, 02:14 PM
How do we get the message out to all 117/118 seat holders? Do we talk to them as they come in?

I think that is what we have to do... From my understanding we are going to meet 20 to 30 mins before the game to organize ourselves and at the same time i think we can explain to the rest of section what we are trying to do...

I think getting the firm in 116 on board would also help

InTheCrowd
04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm going to be in 117 for the next game. I'd gladly help, what should I do?

graeme117
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I think getting the firm in 116 on board would also help

a very good idea

wondering if anyone knows what the rules for banners are this year?

Hitcho
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm going to be in 117 for the next game. I'd gladly help, what should I do?

The plan is for everyone interested in this to meet at front of 117 about 20 to 30 mins before kick off, then to approach TRN and make sure they are also on board with the SW corner plan.

From my experience of 118 (and looking across into 117) there are going to be a LOT of scalper sales, especially towards the back of the sections, so how much utility there is in trying to update everyone as they come in I'm not sure. Plus a lot of them just won;t be interested anyway.

The key is to get everyone who is interested to work together, so everyone spread the word to people you know in the sections who will chant and sing. We can start slow, and let the movement grow week by week. I'd suggest keeping the chant list simple this week to get things rolling, and then making the pre kick off meet up a weekly event to add new stuff and keep the momentum going. That way we can also work week to week with TRN so they know what chants etc to look for and work with us on. We also want to make sure this isn't a one week wonder, and that we grow in cohesion and volume as the season progresses. That way people around u will elarn by saturation and may start to join in of their own accord - even soccer moms love a good sing song!!!

Roogsy - do you want to post an updated list of who is now involved?

We might even want to start a mailing list for this if things go well so people know what the plan is for any given week/game even if they cannot make the pre game meet up, but let's just get the ball rolling for the time being!! :D:D:D

Roogsy
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I have one ticket for sale in 118...who wants to help us sing this Saturday???

Section 117
04-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Guts I can't wait till tomorrow to rock the 118/117 corner tomorrow

InTheCrowd
04-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Basically traded in my 117 tickets for 127 tickets. Sorry guys, I won't be able to help you out. Still I wish you all the best of luck!

EDIT: Row 1 baby!

Roogsy
04-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Roogsy is 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

Johnny, Rob & Terry from Usector 117, Row 2, Seats 9-11

Crozack is 117, Row ?, Seats ?

Onemanbarmyarmy is 118, Row 2, Seats 1, 2

Anymore?

Inthecrowd...you sold us out bro!

InTheCrowd
04-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Sorry man, but I can't turn down Section 127 row 1 seats for $50. That's something you don't see everyday. But I'll be there for support some other games this season, don't you worry lol.

I wish you guys the best of luck. :hump:

EDIT: Grizzle has taken the seats I was going to have.

Roogsy
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok...it wasn't a masterpiece yet. But there were good signs. The Usector guys were looking over in the first half and we tried to get the chants going. Unfortunately...there are some less than musical guys in my section that would throw off the beat the moment we'd start chanting. So the second half, I went and "stole" Jack's drum (LOL! Thanks Jack) and I think it helped keep the rhythm...of course by then the chanting had died down to a minimum.

There was no ability to send the chants back to the back of the sections or even the TRN boys. I guess one step at a time.

We have to learn to listen and watch boys. That's the key I have learned on away trips and in the southeast corner. It isn't about starting up your own chant in the hopes the people around you will want to sing what you want to sing at that particular moment. It's also about listening to what is catching on around you and in the neighbouring sections and joining along....IN RHYTHM! We have to be careful not to mess up the beat.

That being said...without that central "big" drum...I don't think we can build on today. People need the "driving" beat to catch on...and that drum belongs to the Prez in 112.

I will look into whether I can get my hands on a drum myself.

But I think there were encouraging signs.

Hitcho...I looked for you dude.

Keyman
04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Dude, we looked over and saw you in your bright green jacket haha
I was actually pretty impressed, it seemed as though there was some unison and noise coming from 117, much more than usual at least.

Good on ya

Roogsy
04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
LMAO!

I can't believe the grief I got over that jacket! :lol:

As for my fellow 117/118ers....my friends...can we please remember that if there are no away supporters at the game, we do NOT sing "Can you hear Dallas sing?"

PLEASE!

FluSH
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
^^^

green jacket? what are you trying to pull off here Roogsy... some Fashion Statement =P

InTheCrowd
04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
*Directed to Terrace Fashion thread*

graeme117
04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Good work roogsy and johnny! the best we've been in those sections for a while, still there is so much more to do. the dead air in the second half was tough.

Jeffro
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I just thought I'd bring back this thread because 117 and 118 have seriously dropped the ball the past couple of home games.

The 3-1 win against NE was definitely the worst. So bad that I left after a 3-1 win pissed off. There were many seats empty around me, and the people that did show up, who are regulars not tourists, spend almost the entire game booing and taunting our own players and in particular our subs warming up in front of us. Dero, Vitti, Ricketts, JoSmith, Velez, Harmse and Barrett all got the brunt of it, and when the taunts are coming from rows 1-10, believe me they were heard.

It was also completely impossible to get any chant (other than Oh When the Reds) started.

So, on Saturday, I will be in my usual seat 118 row 3 seat 5, and I will call out every one of these bastards, and hope that maybe a few of the folks from this thread might have my back. We can't tolerate this kind of shit in our supporters sections.

Finally, I think that our sections took some really great steps forward this season, so lets get back to it!

Bring your singing voices on Saturday, we can force the others to join in, or we can drown them out! :drum: :scarf: :drum:

Cheers

denime
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Stop chanting "West End Stand Up" and you will be better off right away.:D

Jeffro
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
^tell me about it.... for the love of god!

Roogsy
06-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Guys...until I can develop the Drum Team into something self-sustaining, I have to be in 112 for the time being.

But my ultimate goal is to come back and help the south west corner be all it can be.

One of my goals is to get TRN on board with something basic as well getting a good drum in there on a regular basis.

I am dedicated to this. I feel 117-119 has been ignored and we ourselves have allowed it to happen by not stepping up.

crozack
06-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Roogsy is 118, Row 3, Seat 3.

Johnny, Rob & Terry from Usector 117, Row 2, Seats 9-11

Crozack is 117, Row ?, Seats ?

Onemanbarmyarmy is 118, Row 2, Seats 1, 2

Anymore?

section 117, row 16, seat 25..............right next to all the empty scalper seats

Maple Leaf Red
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Stop chanting "West End Stand Up" and you will be better off right away.:D

No kidding. That and Oh When The Reds seem to be the only chants those two sections know.

Darlofletch
06-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I just thought I'd bring back this thread because 117 and 118 have seriously dropped the ball the past couple of home games.

The 3-1 win against NE was definitely the worst. So bad that I left after a 3-1 win pissed off. There were many seats empty around me, and the people that did show up, who are regulars not tourists, spend almost the entire game booing and taunting our own players and in particular our subs warming up in front of us. Dero, Vitti, Ricketts, JoSmith, Velez, Harmse and Barrett all got the brunt of it, and when the taunts are coming from rows 1-10, believe me they were heard.

It was also completely impossible to get any chant (other than Oh When the Reds) started

So, on Saturday, I will be in my usual seat 118 row 3 seat 5, and I will call out every one of these bastards, and hope that maybe a few of the folks from this thread might have my back. We can't tolerate this kind of shit in our supporters sections.

Finally, I think that our sections took some really great steps forward this season, so lets get back to it!

Bring your singing voices on Saturday, we can force the others to join in, or we can drown them out! :drum: :scarf: :drum:

Cheers

I was in 109 for that game, there was one point where you got a lot of people joining in with a TFC chant, spreading into the west stand and becoming quite loud, it seemed like Flush heard it and tried to get 112 to join in but he was just a bit too late so it didn't happen. So there's a small amount of hope. keep trying.:drum::scarf:

Section 117
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Guys

I have been at every game and I noticed somethings that bother me. Section 117 has a lot of new faces week in and week oout some games more than outhers. The game against New England was a perfect example. There were so many new faces that no matter what was trying to get started died cause none of these people know any of the chnats.

Hitcho
06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I am struggling to get to a lot of games right now for family / baby related reasons, but I sit just behind the staircase well in 118 and once I am able to start going regularly again, I am totally on board with any unified chanting effort that goes on. I'm pretty well placed to help link chants because I'm about half way up the section and right by the aisle and I have a pretty loud voice, so if something starts and I can catch on to it, then people in front and behind me in 118 should hear, and to my left in 118 and right in 117 (west side, middle section) should be able to hear too.

I really think the best approach here is to map out where we have regular chanters (take the list of names compiled above and mark them on a print out of the seating area in red or something) and then meet up early before one game so that everyone knows each other's face. Then we all head to our seats in the empty stands and work out where we are located so that during the game, we know where to look for chanters and who to follow.

Clearly we don't have a big chunk of several rows we can count on to work in a unified fashion, but if the people we do have learn to work together then we can make the most of the locations we do have. once we get that going then A) anyone around who hears us will be more likely to join in than with a whisp of something that might just die out quickly, and B) any other regulars who are there but don't join in because they don't know the words will passively learn the chants over a few weeks and will then be in a position to join in themselves.

The other thing we HAVE to do is get an inside man from the TRN line up. If one of them agrees to keep a look out for one or two people in 118 and try and follow/help them when chants get going then we're making good use of what our section has. But I've been to games this season where chants were going ok for parts of the game but then TRN got going and took over all noise for the 2nd half. Douche bags shouting on their own we can drown out. TRN as an organised unit we can never drown out.

Ryan1984
06-02-2009, 06:09 PM
i stand in 117 row 3 a row behind the guys everyone hates on

Redpunkfiddle
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
i stand in 117 row 3 a row behind the guys everyone hates on

And what hate is that? The hate on for guys who rip our own players, don't chant, etc?

Or another kind of hate?

Roogsy
06-02-2009, 07:32 PM
And what hate is that? The hate on for guys who rip our own players, don't chant, etc?

Or another kind of hate?

LOL!

A bunch of guys that do their own thing...but lately haven't been so bad. That or since I am not around much they haven't bugged me as much.

graeme117
06-25-2009, 02:43 PM
So this thread has died a very slow death and is need of reviving.

Since the summer is going to be sparse, my friends and i are finally going to get around to making some banners and flags, but i'm wondering what else we should be doing? Our sections have been very up and down lately

jimiv
12-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Time to reboot this thread, is there anybody out there still in 117 who wants to get together and get a solid plan to "fix" our section?

German21
12-27-2017, 01:11 PM
Time to reboot this thread, is there anybody out there still in 117 who wants to get together and get a solid plan to "fix" our section?

theres an antifa (pretty sure its an antifa) group in 117, they have started something in that section.

Whitbyreds
12-27-2017, 02:52 PM
I am in 117 and it's challenging to get anything going as there appears to be quite a few scalper seats and the people have no idea what we are singing. Second, it's tough to coordinate anything with TRN in the background. Not knocking them in anyway just pointing out that it's tough to hear anything but them from row 10 and up. That said, I should be relocating back to Toronto for the start of the season and I would be willing to assist. Past two seasons have been challenging for me to make it back for 50% of the matches.