PDA

View Full Version : Drew Carey

ensco
04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
We were sitting right below him, and we tried to start a who-are-ya chant after the second goal (when he was hanging out the window), but trying to get 224 chanting is like pushing on a rope.

He was doing a wander around the western concourse during the break. Talked to us while waiting for the elevator going back up to his suite.
The guy's a prince. Very friendly and genuine. We told him the chant we really wanted to do was to sing "You're No Bob Barker" over and over. His comeback? "Tell me something I don't know."

When the Freddy Ljungberg's of the world decide who they want to work for, no wonder they choose Seattle. I am jealous of Seattle in every way today.

London
04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
the mimi 2-stick in 112 today was mint!!! "bite me, carey!!"

TFC FORZA RPB
04-04-2009, 09:08 PM
the mimi 2-stick in 112 today was mint!!! "bite me, carey!!"

haha lol wtf, i need to see that

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:11 PM
I am jealous of Seattle in every way today.

what? what a fucking weird thing to say. who the fuck do you support?

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I personally thought he was taunting us...after the second goal, leaning out the window with that fugly green scarf....he might be a nice guy but it was a stupid move...I am surprised so many showed restraint

London
04-04-2009, 09:12 PM
haha lol wtf, i need to see that

not sure how long it lasted, the wind got hold of it and tore it in half

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I personally thought he was taunting us...after the second goal, leaning out the window with that fugly green scarf....he might be a nice guy but it was a stupid move...I am surprised so many showed restraint

get the fuck out. we all would do that! fair play to the guy!

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
You are a better man than I am...if I was not far away, I would have chucked my beer into his glass house....

ensco
04-04-2009, 09:24 PM

They look to be better than us after three games then we are after three years. They're undefeated, untied, un-scored-upon, and they just schooled us.

I bleed TFC red, but I'm not a mindless idiot. What I saw today made me jealous. I can tell from the rage, I'm not the only one.

Take your "I'm a better supporter than you" crap somewhere else.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 09:30 PM
They look to be better than us after three games then we are after three years. They're undefeated, untied, un-scored-upon, and they just schooled us.

I bleed TFC red, but I'm not a mindless idiot. What I saw today made me jealous. I can tell from the rage, I'm not the only one.

I am glad to see someone with his head over his shoulder... on this board.

Wighty
04-04-2009, 09:33 PM

I totally agree, if I had something to throw and was closer it was going to get put through that window.

Fushida
04-04-2009, 09:35 PM

get the fuck out. we all would do that! fair play to the guy!

maybe if you say fuck a few more times we'll start winning..

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I have to admit, I understand what Esco is saying.

For two complete seasons, we have been shit. And our excuse the whole time has been "we are an expansion team". When Chicago was brought up (Cup winners in their first year) we all use the excuse that it was a "different" time.

Seattle has just showed us that it IS possible to put a competent team together in the first year. 3 wins to start the year is no fluke. Maybe they will struggle the rest of the year but the fact remains they are a dangerous team that will scare opponents. Something we have never been...ever.

So yeah...maybe we can be a little jealous. Can anyone blame us? We have suffered for what seems like forever. And the game today was a flashback to the first two seasons which I think scares all of us.

I admit it. I am jealous of Seattle right now.

Marco2K
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I have to agree with roogsy.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
maybe if you say fuck a few more times we'll start winning..

where are we? at church? grow up.

TOBOR !
04-04-2009, 09:45 PM

For two complete seasons, we have been shit. And our excuse the whole time has been "we are an expansion team". When Chicago was brought up (Cup winners in their first year) we all use the excuse that it was a "different" time.

Seattle has just showed us that it IS possible to put a competent team together in the first year. 3 wins to start the year is no fluke. Maybe they will struggle the rest of the year but the fact remains they are a dangerous team that will scare opponents. Something we have never been...ever.

So yeah...maybe we can be a little jealous. Can anyone blame us? We have suffered for what seems like forever. And the game today was a flashback to the first two seasons which I think scares all of us.

I invoke the 'they are an established team - yeah, none of the players are the same and the management and coaches are all different - excuse.

TOBOR !
04-04-2009, 09:46 PM
BTW - I thought it was pretty funny when he leaned out the window and said "Fuck you all !"

Rocco
04-04-2009, 09:47 PM
When the Freddy Ljungberg's of the world decide who they want to work for, no wonder they choose Seattle. I am jealous of Seattle in every way today.

I agree with u. I share the same feeling. It doesn't make me a backstabber to admit that Seattle has done more in three games than TFC tried to achieve in two seasons! Their success is fairly based on confidence and competence that I've yet to see our team to play with.

Loosing from an expansion team is a very bad feeling. Loosing at home is a bad feeling. Loosing to an expansion team at home is the worst feeling ever. I feel confident however that our team will rebound from this loss and come out strong next week.

Fushida
04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
where are we? at church? grow up.

who the fuck are you to call people out for voicing their opinions? maybe you should be the one growing up.

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Ok guys...let's cool it. I know the loss was tough today but if the back and forth gets out of hand, we will start closing threads.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:51 PM
right, I am reading the program. they have 5 players who played for Seattle USL. 5!

that's it, and I have no idea how many of those played today. we got schooled by an expansion team. we USED to be a new expansion team. no more. the honeymoon is over. i am shocked at how shit we were today. 12th man meant nothing, and that is NOT something we are used to. these guys need to eat, sleep, sh*t and w*nk together. and then shag each other's wives.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:52 PM
who the fuck are you to call people out for voicing their opinions? maybe you should be the one growing up.

You said FUCK!

Cashcleaner
04-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Well, let's remember that they're not an expansion team in the same vein we were. They didn't start from the ground up like we did and unless I'm wrong, they are fielding some players that have been on the roster for several seasons.

That said...

Doesn't Lundberg's performance today make a great case for a Toronto DP?

In all seriousness, though; Toronto didn't necessary play all that bad. It's just that Seattle played so well. I'm not so jealous as I am wondering why our club seems happy with the status quo.

deeznutz
04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
You said FUCK!

Haha he got fucking owned!

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Doesn't Lundberg's performance today make a great case for a Toronto DP?

In all seriousness, though, Toronto didn't necessary play all that bad. It's just that Seattle played so well.

On the DP issue...I think I may have a stroke if I have to yell and scream one more time about this team needing a DP.

As for how TFC played. Yes...normally it would be adequate but not exceptional. And yes, Seattle played well. Especially (and funny enough) their DP Ljunberg.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Haha he got fucking owned!

i prefer 'POWNED !' LOL i am gong to bed.

FUCK !

dag
04-04-2009, 10:25 PM
We're three games into the season. These are still very early days.

But Seattle has thus far run a very tight ship. Three wins in three games and having not yet yielded a goal is a very impressive introduction to MLS. I tip my cap to them.

Nuvinho
04-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I would say I am not jealous of Seattle.....just pissed at our own team for not showing up.

On Drew Carey.....good for him!! Don't really care about him, as if we actually played well today........we would of shut him up.

ensco
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, let's remember that they're not an expansion team in the same vein we were. They didn't start from the ground up like we did and unless I'm wrong, they are fielding some players that have been on the roster for several seasons.

I'm supposed to be understanding because the league completely screwed us season one in terms of roster rules, and we had no hope of competing, but someone else got a different deal and they're competing for the championship in their first season.

Or maybe I'm supposed to understanding because someone else managed to sign some fabulous international players (besides Ljungberg, it's Montero, Hurtado, and Keller), while our management has signed internationals that have without exception been failures.

No, wait, it's that I'm supposed to understand that, while most other teams get DPs, we never seem to "need" one.

No wait, I've got it, I'm supposed to be understanding that we got a team that has a corporate ownership with a ruthless money-making mindset, but someone else got billionaire owners whose first objective appears to be winning.

Got it. I understand completely.

rocker
04-04-2009, 10:31 PM
how did Chicago feel in 2007 when we beat them 3-1.... or Dallas 4-0? ;)

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
If they felt like I did today...they needed their balls massaged.

dag
04-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm supposed to be understanding that we got a team that has a corporate ownership with a ruthless money-making mindset, but someone else got billionaire owners whose first objective appears to be winning.

As problematic as Microsoft is (or maybe only Paul Allen), I still prefer their track record to that of ML$E. Today's TFC performance seems in line with how the other ML$E properties are doing (Raptors' inconsequential winning streak notwithstanding).

ensco
04-04-2009, 10:36 PM
how did Chicago feel in 2007 when we beat them 3-1.... or Dallas 4-0? ;)

Those teams were on the road. Bad road losses happen to everyone. Bad home losses mostly only happen to bad teams (I say mostly out of the hope that this was just an aberration)

rocker
04-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm not sure how one can equate over 2 seasons of games with 3 games by another team. Totally unfair comparison... if one wanted to compare our first 3 games to Seattle's first 3 games, then go ahead... And our first three games were on the road.

But I prefer to wait until Seattle has played 63 games in MLS before I decide whether they've done a better job than TFC has after 63 games. I mean, if we make the playoffs this year, and so do they, but then they fail to make the playoffs in year 2 and 3, we can call it even. :)

Cashcleaner
04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm supposed to be understanding because the league completely screwed us season one in terms of roster rules, and we had no hope of competing, but someone else got a different deal and they're competing for the championship in their first season.

Or maybe I'm supposed to understanding because someone else managed to sign some fabulous international players (besides Ljungberg, it's Montero, Hurtado, and Keller), while our management has signed internationals that have without exception been failures.

No, wait, it's that I'm supposed to understand that, while most other teams get DPs, we never seem to "need" one.

No wait, I've got it, I'm supposed to be understanding that we got a team that has a corporate ownership with a ruthless money-making mindset, but someone else got billionaire owners whose first objective appears to be winning.

Got it. I understand completely.

Fuck man, when you say it all like that... :D

rocker
04-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Those teams were on the road. Bad road losses happen to everyone. Bad home losses mostly only happen to bad teams (I say mostly out of the hope that this was just an aberration)

Whether a team is bad or good, a loss to an expansion team is not something to take lightly.

We beat RSL at their home in Year 1 too.

How did RSL feel about being beat by an expansion team in Year 1 at their home?

ensco
04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Fuck man, when you say it all like that... :D

Peace. :D

SoccMan
04-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, some people out here actualy think we did not play too bad. What game were some of you watching. How about we try to keep the ball on the ground a little more, how about trying to build from the back, instead of having Sutton on most goal kicks kicking the ball down the field. It still boggles the mind that we would let the only true center back go in Tyrone Marshall without having anybody to replace him. I'm not saying Marshall was a great center back for us when he was here but at least wait until you have someone to relace him before you let him go. Instead we have a player who is not a real center back in Kevin Harmse playing that position and not doing a good job there. Could we not have waited to get a real center back in there before we let Marshal go I just don't get it.

ensco
04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Whether a team is bad or good, a loss to an expansion team is not something to take lightly.

Not the same. That was a close game. We got a late penalty to win it (one we probably didn't deserve, I recall).

We got schooled today. That's different.

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
That was the initial reaction of most. When Marshall was traded...most of us assumed there was a plan to get a CB in. We gave Mo the benefit of the doubt. But that is running out. That CB needs to be here NOW.

Pachuco
04-04-2009, 11:36 PM

WTF Rocker, are you seriuosly hanging on to a mid season win in a year where TFC finished last in place? Give me a break man, I bet you'll still be defending this team when we're back in last place.

Oh, and you'll still be trying to convince people that Seattle is not better then our first year team.

It's nothing personal, I just wish people held the team accountable for an absolutely discusting performance.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-05-2009, 01:56 AM
I saw that fat fuck taunting us waving his scarf and yelling shit at us after the goals...

I got two words for Drew, FUCK YOU!

i saw that shithead after the game in the TFC front offices hallway and he told be "i'm really sorry about your loss" I told him "you better be sorry, because when we hoist the Cup, it'll be you that's crying"

Fucking asshole, (i say it sarcastically, because he is very passionate...)

Mikey
04-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Dont know what the panic is over.
Im sure if we end up bottom of the barrel again this year and watvh Seattle hoisting up the cup, there will be mass firings at TFC and a 50% cut in seaon ticket prices, along with a 100million dollar DP budget made public knowledge.........

mclaren
04-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I like Drew Carey - let's be honest, who wouldn't be doing the same thing if it were on the other foot? He is passionate about the sport, fair play to him.

twistedchinaman
04-05-2009, 09:24 AM
I like Drew Carey - let's be honest, who wouldn't be doing the same thing if it were on the other foot? He is passionate about the sport, fair play to him.

...and when we go into Qwest in late August and mess his little Sounders up, we can do it right back to him.

What goes around, comes around...:D

Pachuco
04-05-2009, 11:12 AM
If we only had an owner like Drew who gets it...

djking2
04-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I saw Drew interviewed at a game in LA in 2007 or 8 during the play. While he politely answered the questions he was asked he also suggested those who were watching on TV would probably rather see the game than him. At that point I honestly figured he really did get it.

On the other hand I was in 224 right below him yesterday and when he stuck his head out I was screaming "you got the best fans money can buy". he laughed at it the fucker!

rocktml
04-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Any videos on the home opener?

ginkster88
04-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Carey is good for the sport... after all, the team he brought in is undefeated and looking to be the jewel of the Western Conference.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure how one can equate over 2 seasons of games with 3 games by another team. Totally unfair comparison... if one wanted to compare our first 3 games to Seattle's first 3 games, then go ahead... And our first three games were on the road.

But I prefer to wait until Seattle has played 63 games in MLS before I decide whether they've done a better job than TFC has after 63 games. I mean, if we make the playoffs this year, and so do they, but then they fail to make the playoffs in year 2 and 3, we can call it even. :)
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha you are funny.

Then with your mentallity we should probably give Mo a 50 year contract extentsion and see whether he will make us as prestigious as barcelona, AC mIlan or Manchester united, etc. And i guess the only way to find out whether he is capable of doing it would be to wait out all the 50 years.

You are so gullable is holarious....

I would gladly bet your ass right now that after 3 years they will be MUCH better than us... because to tell you the truth it will be very hard for them to beat our bad record... we hold the record for all the bad things in this league... I wouldn;t be at all surprised if they finish undefitted and take it all this year...

djking2
04-05-2009, 12:56 PM
There's no point in denying that Seattle has had a recording breaking start for an expansion team. They deserve fair credit. None of that equates to long term success though. Although there's clearly more to the team than the Fred(d)ies it's not likely either will have any impact on their results next year.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-05-2009, 12:59 PM
There's no point in denying that Seattle has had a recording breaking start for an expansion team. They deserve fair credit. None of that equates to long term success though. Although there's clearly more to the team than the Fred(d)ies it's not likely either will have any impact on their results next year. how so ??
You are talking like their team is shit and the ONLY reason they won their games and are undefieter is because of ljumberg and montero.... are you kidding me? THEY are stacked... even in the bench i think even if ljumberg and montero were in jured for most of the season they would still be a top team... They are a SOLID team from begining to end....

djking2
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
how so ??
You are talking like their team is shit and the ONLY reason they won their games and are undefieter is because of ljumberg and montero.... are you kidding me? THEY are stacked... even in the bench i think even if ljumberg and montero were in jured for most of the season they would still be a top team... They are a SOLID team from begining to end....

Not my point at all. They're the best in the league right now no doubt. On the other hand for the first few games after Robert and Guevara landed last year we looked pretty good too. Remember how that worked out. I'm not trying to say I know how it will work out for Seattle long term I'm really saying I don't believe anyone else does right now either.

KrazyKanadian
04-05-2009, 01:11 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3415325986_6983649354.jpg

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-05-2009, 01:17 PM
We were sitting right below him, and we tried to start a who-are-ya chant after the second goal (when he was hanging out the window), but trying to get 224 chanting is like pushing on a rope.

He was doing a wander around the western concourse during the break. Talked to us while waiting for the elevator going back up to his suite.
The guy's a prince. Very friendly and genuine. We told him the chant we really wanted to do was to sing "You're No Bob Barker" over and over. His comeback? "Tell me something I don't know."

From the interview he did for MLSnet.com, he sounds like the kind of owner every club should have: one who only cares about winning.

Also, Whose Line Is It Anyway? is the greatest show in history.:D

ginkster88
04-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Not my point at all. They're the best in the league right now no doubt. On the other hand for the first few games after Robert and Guevara landed last year we looked pretty good too. Remember how that worked out. I'm not trying to say I know how it will work out for Seattle long term I'm really saying I don't believe anyone else does right now either.

Seattle are way better than we have ever been. This is not some fluke. They have:

1. Experience in net, a keeper who gives a shit. Keller talked openly about how much he was looking forward to coming into Toronto's hostile environment and shutting us up... and look what happened. He is a vocal and imposing presence in the area.

2. A legitimate playmaker who can score. Ljundberg seems to have found his legs, after an inconsistent game vs. RSL. Scoring one and setting up the second yesterday does not bode well for the rest of MLS when he has it together with Montero.

3. A great target man in Jaqua. He was a vacuum and gave Serioux all kinds of trouble. They can feed the ball into him, lay it off to Ljundberg and then watch as he scores or feeds to Montero/Zakuani... I see them scoring a lot of goals this way.

4. Young speed: Zakuani and Montero are going to score a lot of goals this year. It looks like Zakuani has earned his starting spot, and Ljundberg feeding great balls to those two is a scary thought.

5. A good (not great) defense. They held it together for the most part; Toronto only had a few legitimate chances, which they pissed away by fooling around with the ball. Seattle jumped on them right away, and the ball was sent out of the area.

Those five factors equal a dangerous MLS side. They can shut MLS offenses down in front of their net, and tear up MLS defenses on the attack. I'm not buying into any hype, I'm just expressing what I've seen in three weeks. I've watched every Seattle game and they have impressed me every time.

Detroit_TFC
04-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Seattle looks good now, lets see in a couple months.

Hull City looked fantastic until they ran out of gas.

ensco
04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Seattle looks good now, lets see in a couple months.

Hull City looked fantastic until they ran out of gas.

That's no Hull City. I look at Seattle's lineup and it makes sense that they're one of the top 5 or 6 clubs, and maybe better than that.

When a Hull City or a Hoffenheim start fast, you just know that, given the distribution of talent, and playing enough games, they will fall back.

TFC OZZ
04-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Drew Carey's good for the league, he's a passionate fan, and that's what matters.

rocker
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Seattle looks good now, lets see in a couple months..

Yup, there's no sense making comparisons when one side has only played 3 games. They also haven't deal with injuries yet, an inevitable part of the MLS season.

OneLoveOneEric
04-05-2009, 02:20 PM
I actually don't think that Seattle's eventual league position has anything to do with my current frustration. No matter where they finish, they've shown that in no time at all they're capable of being in incredible form at home, that they are a strong, competitive team back to front (still haven't conceded a goal), and that they can go to a hostile, away ground in shit conditions and win a game convincingly. We haven't done that yet in the life of TFC.
And their ownership have nutted up and bought a DP, acknowledging both the importance of that kind of class and leadership, as well as the paltry amount they have to spend on players, which makes it totally reasonable to invest some money in one guy who knows what he's doing.
For everyone who's felt our management have been on the right track, Seattle is this puke-green coloured example of what the right track really is.

Darlofletch
04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I actually don't think that Seattle's eventual league position has anything to do with my current frustration. No matter where they finish, they've shown that in no time at all they're capable of being in incredible form at home, that they are a strong, competitive team back to front (still haven't conceded a goal), and that they can go to a hostile, away ground in shit conditions and win a game convincingly. We haven't done that yet in the life of TFC.
And their ownership have nutted up and bought a DP, acknowledging both the importance of that kind of class and leadership, as well as the paltry amount they have to spend on players, which makes it totally reasonable to invest some money in one guy who knows what he's doing.
For everyone who's felt our management have been on the right track, Seattle is this puke-green coloured example of what the right track really is.

Not to mention going out and getting the coach of the MLS champions. very ambitious stuff, and it's paying off.

Rampage
04-05-2009, 10:01 PM
From the interview he did for MLSnet.com, he sounds like the kind of owner every club should have: one who only cares about winning.

I'd definitely rather have him for an owner than MLSE suits.

Inklink
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
I've been a Drew Carey fan since his Whose Line days so I may be biased. But it's good that he's not a "suit owner". He comes to the games, yeah he sits in a glass box, but he's decked in team gear and is only good for the league.

As for the sentiments of jealousy, I mean .. I see where you're coming from. I think the disappointment from the game yesterday is just sending vibes of depression through the TFC faithful. Dallas next week boys, lets get pumped and lets hope the squad actually gives a damn this time!! :D

PS: Agreed with Whose Line being the best show ever. It's a shame they stopped making it :( .

s2cazz
04-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Guys... we all need to relax! this is game 3 going into game 4. Yes we lost. But it was to a team that so far looks the best in the league IMO. Just take deep breathes and think. It could be a lot worse!

We could have lost 5 to 2 with all 5 goals be in the last half!
Cheer up! forget the Bullshit, Forget the loss... its game 3!

toker
04-06-2009, 07:50 AM
not very good

SilverSamurai
04-06-2009, 08:54 AM
not sure how long it lasted, the wind got hold of it and tore it in half
Lasted like 4 mins. Wind quickly killed it.

You guys have to remember that Seattle isn't exactly an expansion ream. They had a core of 7 (I think?) USL players so it's more of a promotion. They didn't have to start from scratch.
That being said, I'm a patient guy but if TFC doesn't ATLEAST make playoffs or qualify for the Champions League, I think it's then time to call for Mo's head.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Seattle fans calling us out...

VIDEO: Seattle Fans Call Out Toronto Fans (http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/04/video-seattle-fans-call-out-toronto.html)

Nothing like waking up to Seattle fans using the David Grohl to call out Toronto FC fans and rub a 2-0 victory further in their face....

OHARARULES
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't like the use of smoke bombs... but if I ever needed one it was Saturday! Would have smoked him outta the suite!! LOL

You are a better man than I am...if I was not far away, I would have chucked my beer into his glass house....

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Lasted like 4 mins. Wind quickly killed it.

You guys have to remember that Seattle isn't exactly an expansion ream. They had a core of 7 (I think?) USL players so it's more of a promotion. They didn't have to start from scratch.
That being said, I'm a patient guy but if TFC doesn't ATLEAST make playoffs or qualify for the Champions League, I think it's then time to call for Mo's head.

Geeze how many times to do I have to say this. They had 2 players on the field that came from the USL team. Oh, and a new coach. We played a bunch of players who are supposed to be learning how to play together and trying to buy into a new coaches strategy and we still got embarrased.

Parkdale
04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
simple:

Toronto launched a successful franchise, in every way except for the on-field product.
Seattle came two years after us, and also launched a successful franchise that wins games.
I expect that Philly will also have a great start, but their team performance is still a mystery.

saying that you have respect for the job the Seattle team has doesn't mean you're turning your back on TFC.
It's just pointing out the positive things that a new team, with good management can do.

ps. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Bobo
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM

:cheers: Truer words were never spoken....besides maybe Carver on the refs last season.

trane
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Agree 100%. Their choice of DP is also bery telling, they chose not a huge star, but a player that can contribute to the succes on the field.

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Yup, there's no sense making comparisons when one side has only played 3 games. They also haven't deal with injuries yet, an inevitable part of the MLS season.

They dealt with their BEST PLAYER not coming to Toronto (one of the most hostile environments in MLS) and they embarassed us. Don't forget that ;)

I told you before the season started that they were better then us in year 1, now they've shown they are already better then us in our Year 3. They can lose every game from now on, but they still embarassed us at home.

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
simple:

Toronto launched a successful franchise, in every way except for the on-field product.
Seattle came two years after us, and also launched a successful franchise that wins games.
I expect that Philly will also have a great start, but their team performance is still a mystery.

saying that you have respect for the job the Seattle team has doesn't mean you're turning your back on TFC.
It's just pointing out the positive things that a new team, with good management can do.

ps. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

True words spoken by Parkdale. None of us our turning our backs, if that was the case, I wouldn't be going to next week's game and the rest of the season. We just demand better. We pay enough money to MLSE suits that we can demand a consistent product on the field.

ginkster88
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
^^ They were even giving us trouble after Ljundberg and Zakuani were subbed off...

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Is it time yet to be demanding a DP?

For gawd's sakes...when are we getting one?

Pachuco
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Is it time yet to be demanding a DP?

For gawd's sakes...when are we getting one?

It's time to demand a better product. I'll let them figure out whether a DP is the answer or whether shoring up the back line is the answer.

pubboy
04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Agree 100%. Their choice of DP is also bery telling, they chose not a huge star, but a player that can contribute to the succes on the field.

Ljundberg is a huge star - he was one of Arsenal's best players and has always been class with a very high work ethic (and i dont even like Arsenal !)

cmonyoureds
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM

we walked into Columbus with a 2 Girls 1 Cup/ Jesus banner, and you say he was taunting??? LOL
Let's face it, I'd do the same bloody thing at his place if I could. Class act, all the way. In fact, kudos to him for having the guts to do it. That's the kind of ownership I dream of here......

wzhxvy
04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
we walked into Columbus with a 2 Girls 1 Cup/ Jesus banner, and you say he was taunting??? LOL
Let's face it, I'd do the same bloody thing at his place if I could. Class act, all the way. In fact, kudos to him for having the guts to do it. That's the kind of ownership I dream of here......

Yes and we had one of our supporters tasered and people arrested...I dont think Columbus is comparable at all. Was Drew tasered or arrested ?? I think getting a beer thrown at him was well deserved.

And I am not arguing that he is a nice guy and good owner that we would like to have...my point is he was taunting us.

cmonyoureds
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes and we had one of our supporters tasered and people arrested...I dont think Columbus is comparable at all. Was Drew tasered or arrested ?? I think getting a beer thrown at him was well deserved.

And I am not arguing that he is a nice guy and good owner that we would like to have...my point is he was taunting us.

fair enough. I'm saying I admire the guy for taunting us, regardless of the outcome. Advocating a beer shower goes a little too far for me. It may lead to an arrest or tasering.
Having said that approx. 1999 of us didn't get arrested or tasered either, despite the taunting. So I thought it was a fair comparison. LOL

t.o_moose
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM

not trying to start shit here, just an honest question:

would you throw beer at visiting supporters celebrating a goal that their team just scored?

wzhxvy
04-06-2009, 01:20 PM
dude, I dont throw beer period...I dont have that in me.

But if I was closer and had like a TFC ball or some TFC object that I would not mind losing...I would have thrown it at him.

And no...I would not throw at other people's supporters...I would chant, etc...make it a not fun experience for them but nothing physical.

OHARARULES
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
No Beer is way to expensive..

not trying to start shit here, just an honest question:

would you throw beer at visiting supporters celebrating a goal that their team just scored?

Derko
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
When TFC loses, I am heartbroken and disappointed, When TFC plays like shit I expect them to work their asses off to make a better showing. Seattle played better and won the match, no excuses. You don't give Freddy Ljunberg (or anyone for that matter) that much space, or he will score a goal.

Move forward guys

giannibats
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I would say I am not jealous of Seattle.....just pissed at our own team for not showing up.

On Drew Carey.....good for him!! Don't really care about him, as if we actually played well today........we would of shut him up.

Agreed! Im tired of my excitement and optimism being killed by horrible performances on the pitch! I knew this match wasn't going to be easy, however I thought we would be able to scrape away a victory.
I'm going to try and be positive looking ahead as I know that certain players are going to need time to gel, but the results MUST come soon.

t.o_moose
04-06-2009, 01:43 PM
dude, I dont throw beer period...I dont have that in me.

But if I was closer and had like a TFC ball or some TFC object that I would not mind losing...I would have thrown it at him.

And no...I would not throw at other people's supporters...I would chant, etc...make it a not fun experience for them but nothing physical.

okay good..

I was gonna suggest that next time someone wants to throw a beer, that they should bring it to the front of 112, and instead I'll "throw it" into my mouth :drinking:

Shaughno
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
That's not the only thing Moose'll throw down his mouth. :lol:

t.o_moose
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
That's not the only thing Moose'll throw down his mouth. :lol:

I was wondering who'd be the first to make that comment :lol:

Jay, you're a bastard :dita:

Shaughno
04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I prefer douchebag, but sure bastard works. :D

ua-kozak_TFC
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
I think those who try to excuse beer throwing by saying he taunted us first by waving his scarve... are abunch of hypocrytes that try to excuse their shameful act...those guys are probably a bunch of pussies with an average IQ of 75, and with no girlfriend at all or at best a wive/girlfriend who mostlikely cheats on them because they have small penis and they suck in bed, they try to make up for their lack of manhood by throwing beers at others.... very classy.

By the way What did you wanted Drew Carey to do? sit down and cry because his team won?
Did you leave nice and quiet when we won in kansas city out of respect for the wizzards supporters?? I would be very surprised if those who went to kansas city did not jump around chanting and waving scarves when we won...

My question is to those who throw beers at the opposing players.... Does it make you feel better about your life? DO you feel more of a man for throwing beers at people?... bunch of inept imbeciles that's what you are. Same goes for those who see the beer throwers and don;t say a word... because they are just as guilty.

Mission accomplished guys.... we are officially classless...

Chevy
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
+1. The throwing of anything anywhere has got to stop.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I think those who try to excuse beer throwing by saying he taunted us first by waving his scarve... are abunch of hypocrytes that try to excuse their shameful act...

What did you wanted him to do? sit down and cry because his team won? Did you leave nice and quiet when we won in kansas city out of respect for the wizzards supporters?? I would be very surprised if those who went to kansas city did not jump around chanting and waving scarves when we won...

My question is to those who throw beers at the opposing players.... Does it make you feel better about your life? DO you feel more of a men for throwing beers at people?... bunch of inept imbeciles. Same goes for those who see the beer throwers and don;t say a word... because they are just as guilty.

Mission Accomplished, We are now OFFICIALLY PUSSIES due to your post.

:p:)

roach105
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
We have had a rough week or so of bad press and it has to stop. We have to stop throwing crap onto the field and at others. I do realize that it is not coming from our corner but to the outside world there is no difference and we all get painted with the same brush regardless.

I posted a story of what has happened to someone in cardiff who decided to throw a coin at a ref. Maybe some folks in the stadium need some of this treatment.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11827

BallardSounder
04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I can think of no situation where wasting beer is morally justified.

Wasting beer (even Coors) is just wrong.

cmonyoureds
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
I can think of no situation where wasting beer is morally justified.

Wasting beer (even Coors) is just wrong.

throwing, spilling, wasting, all synonyms for alcohol abuse......:drinking:

grimm
04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I love that Drew Carey has brought this club into the MLS. Money, fame, enthusiasm... these are all things that will help the league survive. Does anyone really want to see empty buildings around the MLS? Without teams like Toronto and Seattle doing well both fiscally and physically on the field, retraction would come about far sooner than expansion. Here Here to Drew Carey!!! btw- if you get a chance, download his 101 dick jokes... quite good!!!

Roogsy
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I know I am in the minority here, but I like Drew Carey.

Loved his show.

Love his sense of humour.

Before he had a team, he loved us and expressed his admiration, which stroked our ego and we loved it.

Now he has a team...good for him. He put his money where his mouth was. I hold no ill will to him nor Seattle with which we have no rivalry.

james
04-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I think those who try to excuse beer throwing by saying he taunted us first by waving his scarve... are abunch of hypocrytes that try to excuse their shameful act...those guys are probably a bunch of pussies with an average IQ of 75, and with no girlfriend at all or at best a wive/girlfriend who mostlikely cheats on them because they have small penis and they suck in bed, they try to make up for their lack of manhood by throwing beers at others.... very classy.

By the way What did you wanted Drew Carey to do? sit down and cry because his team won?
Did you leave nice and quiet when we won in kansas city out of respect for the wizzards supporters?? I would be very surprised if those who went to kansas city did not jump around chanting and waving scarves when we won...

My question is to those who throw beers at the opposing players.... Does it make you feel better about your life? DO you feel more of a man for throwing beers at people?... bunch of inept imbeciles that's what you are. Same goes for those who see the beer throwers and don;t say a word... because they are just as guilty.

People over use this we need classyness shit. In the Soccer World this isnt a big issue...any big club in Europe or South America lost there classyness with violence years before TFC was even born. This is nothing new in Soccer, in fact its become part of soccer.

james
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
i like Drew Carrey and respect how he is a real fan running a club. Not just some guy trying to make money.

grimm
04-08-2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BFmA1Fwzc

Markham_RPB
04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BFmA1Fwzc

My dick is so big I'm already fucking a girl tomorrow !

:rolleyes:

Richard D
04-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Im starting to think that because MLSE pwns us we will never get a DP... doesnt make business sense to them (like the leafs) to spend money when in their view they're making all they can...

gtaguy
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
i have been to stadiums where they fling coins.. been to stadiums where they fling bags of piss. been to stadiums where you ass is whooped the minute you step outside. been to places where your insulted the entire game...

for crying out loud if a beer gets splashed at you!!...

is this footy a sport for men or is this kindergarden.. Northamerica will never do any of the above except for a fricken streamer and a glass of beer thrown at ya.. its not like we threw baseballs at him.. or should i head butt him in the chest ...lol

gtaguy
04-08-2009, 06:57 PM
People over use this we need classyness shit. In the Soccer World this isnt a big issue...any big club in Europe or South America lost there classyness with violence years before TFC was even born. This is nothing new in Soccer, in fact its become part of soccer.

well said..

s2cazz
04-08-2009, 07:00 PM
throwing shit on the pitch is inexcusable... I am guilty of throwing beer in the air a few times in celebration but never on the pitch and usually by accident out of excitement lol... If I want to wear my beer thats my choice lol but never ever at anybody on or of the pitch

gtaguy
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
i don't condone throwing anything at the players or at anyone.. let alone a beer thats expensive enough to mortgage a home ..
i just think that stupidity is engrained in the footy/soccer mentality and it will always be with us forever.. Mls fans are by far violent and what is cuaght on is the fear that someday we will reach south american and european heights in this matter..

James Oliphant
04-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Im starting to think that because MLSE pwns us we will never get a DP... doesnt make business sense to them (like the leafs) to spend money when in their view they're making all they can...

Why do people think the money ends at the turnstile?

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Put a fucking pie in his face. I saw that fatass on the tv and i wanted to brick him.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-09-2009, 12:38 AM
throwing shit on the pitch is inexcusable... I am guilty of throwing beer in the air a few times in celebration but never on the pitch and usually by accident out of excitement lol... If I want to wear my beer thats my choice lol but never ever at anybody on or of the pitch

really? if a player gave me the finger id stuff my empty beer with garbage and hit him:D

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-09-2009, 12:39 AM

oh shut the fuck up you little pussy. take the panties off and be a man.
You make tfc supporters look like pussies.

Shameful act? he taunted people with his teams scarf in OUR house.... The Fatass was asking for it.

Sab0tage
04-09-2009, 05:57 AM
oh shut the fuck up you little pussy. take the panties off and be a man.
You make tfc supporters look like pussies.

Shameful act? he taunted people with his teams scarf in OUR house.... The Fatass was asking for it. Lol, and we do anything different when we go on the road and score?