PDA

View Full Version : Sounders going to play-offs? TFC?

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Sounders outplayed & out coached us today. They had better position on every challenge. The only guys who competed hard were Robinson, Vitti & DeRosario.

We were crap, if we don't sort that shoit out we can forget the play-offs, the Sounders looked like a play-off team, they bossed us in our own house.

I've been a Sutton booster for a long time, but his distribution is getting worse, bench him.

Ricketts is shite, Harmse is a donkey, Wynne is grossly overrated, remind me why we got rid of Marshall. Barrett is short of a 1st touch & a brain.

The worst performance I've ever seen at BMO:noidea:

ginkster88
04-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't have much to say. Today kicked my TFC spirit square in the balls. Maybe Seattle are a one in a million franchise, but they are worlds better than Toronto has ever been, and they're three games old. They play as a unit, and are scarily dangerous in the offensive third... middle of the table here we come?

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I just want to add this thread is very constructive.

MFG1
04-04-2009, 08:12 PM
ill bet not one sounder broke a sweat

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 08:13 PM

The truth hurts, if you'd rather we bury our heads in the sand, start a love fest thread:mad:

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
The truth hurts, if you'd rather we bury our heads in the sand, start a love fest thread:mad:

We've played 3 games and played extremely poor in one. After game 3 i'm good not to panic. :hump:

Ratven
04-04-2009, 08:18 PM

Well I don't really know what's constructive... hey, TFC players, try to make some challenges, try to make some runs, don't just stand there. As good or bad as everyone says Carver is, he's not telling the players to take it easy and just relax, I can bet on that.

Seattle looked like a completely different class of team today, they were running circles around us, making one touch passes that I've never seen our team make, and had a composure that I've been told will come with years of work and chemistry... however, this is a team that's 3 games old, and is made up in large part out of rejects from other teams... so what gives?

ginkster88
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
^^ That's what hurts the most. Seattle is a fucking expansion side, what did Toronto do wrong?

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Why did we let Marshall go he had a great game today. Seattle will make the playoff they have a good team.Just think Montero not even playin wow

FCBarcelona
04-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Sounders outplayed & out coached us today. They had better position on every challenge. The only guys who competed hard were Robinson, Vitti & DeRosario.

We were crap, if we don't sort that shoit out we can forget the play-offs, the Sounders looked like a play-off team, they bossed us in our own house.

I've been a Sutton booster for a long time, but his distribution is getting worse, bench him.

Ricketts is shite, Harmse is a donkey, Wynne is grossly overrated, remind me why we got rid of Marshall. Barrett is short of a 1st touch & a brain.

============
Agree with some of what yoo say here,

When TFC came oot the whistle blew the whole team looked they were not ready to play. It amazing to me how 11 players ALL looked flat, what was it ? the weather?

Agree TFC were oot coached and TFC coach is terrable at his job, our mid field which looked good were bad, this Seriux (sp) has to the worst pickuop so far, wheere was he?

When the first goal went in , said to myself thats the game, TFC were not interested in playing at all , and for the first time i switch the tv off at halftime and walked away.

This was a slap in face to ALL TFC FANS i hope the players come oot say sorry cos that was brutal to watch.

MG42
04-04-2009, 08:21 PM

100%, I have never seen them play worse..even with Reda, Braz, and Welshie :lol:

Redpunkfiddle
04-04-2009, 08:21 PM

How about constructive in not making a thread with comments that could just fit into the existing post game thread.

PaulinosTFC
04-04-2009, 08:22 PM
We've played 3 games and played extremely poor in one. After game 3 i'm good not to panic. :hump:

Not sure which game you were watching last weekend but we were lucky to come out of columbus with a point. These last 2 games have been the exact same fuckin' poor play as last season. Possession of the ball but actual chances are few and far between, SLACK defending and just an all around frustrating match.

Someone please tell me WHY on earth we were trying the long ball so much when it was as windy as it was? Instead of making quick passes along the pitch, we float it aimlessly into the wind and turn the ball over. I'm starting to think Dichio is the only player with ANY football sense on this team. I also don't know why you all wanted Serioux so bad...his defending is absolutely BRUTAL at times! Sutton just bailed his ass out time and time again in columbus....all in all, I'm extremely dissapointed with the team and the effort it showed today which was supposed to be a home-opener with so much promise and anticipation. The chanting was VERY weak and our team's performance was even worse.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 08:25 PM
we'll make the play offs... but we'll achieve it strugling... we;ll never be as good as sounders though...

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Not sure which game you were watching last weekend but we were lucky to come out of columbus with a point. These last 2 games have been the exact same fuckin' poor play as last season. Possession of the ball but actual chances are few and far between, SLACK defending and just an all around frustrating match.

Someone please tell me WHY on earth we were trying the long ball so much when it was as windy as it was? Instead of making quick passes along the pitch, we float it aimlessly into the wind and turn the ball over. I'm starting to think Dichio is the only player with ANY football sense on this team. I also don't know why you all wanted Serioux so bad...his defending is absolutely BRUTAL at times! Sutton just bailed his ass out time and time again in columbus....all in all, I'm extremely dissapointed with the team and the effort it showed today which was supposed to be a home-opener with so much promise and anticipation. The chanting was VERY weak and our team's performance was even worse.
also the first win wasn;t a confortable one neither... we were all holding to the crossbar and asking for the time in the last 10 minutes or so

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 08:40 PM
The writings on the wall JC knows it, watch for big changes

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
100%, I have never seen them play worse..even with Reda, Braz, and Welshie :lol:

For us much as we bash that guy ... Im starting to think that Andy Welsh is a better player than Rohan Ricketts.

I seem to remember Welsh at least being able to add width. If not for his poor crossing and his slight stature, he might have been worth keeping.

reggie
04-04-2009, 09:32 PM
3 games played...1 good 2 shite and kc sucks...
i can take a loss,but there was no entertainment value at all today....
we could of used the cheerleaders today.

rocker
04-04-2009, 10:35 PM
100%, I have never seen them play worse

really? how many home games have you attended?

how soon we forget season #1..... sigh...

Calvin
04-04-2009, 11:01 PM
if you claim to have any soccer knowlege you cannot think that tfc was outplayed today.

TERSIGNI
04-04-2009, 11:17 PM
From a tactical standpoint, TFC was outplayed. Seattle players were better positioned, not crowded in the middle like our guys and always seemed to have a player open on the wings. We fought like mad to win balls, but looked very clumsy doing so. We rarely tested their goalie in the first half and always seemed to be a step behind the play. Fans today deserved better

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
^^ That's what hurts the most. Seattle is a fucking expansion side, what did Toronto do wrong?

We were pissing away the ball repeatedly, can't fucking finish and the fucking ref is a retard.

I think that says a lot.

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 11:54 PM
really? how many home games have you attended?

how soon we forget season #1..... sigh...

I've been to every game, that was the worst most inept performance I've seen bar none, including season 1. They weren't at the races today, unadulterated shite

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 11:55 PM
if you claim to have any soccer knowlege you cannot think that tfc was outplayed today.

You're joking right? If not, pass the dutchie:drinking:

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 11:59 PM
You always come out of the woodwork after a loss bb. Frankly...it's an additional kick to the gut after a loss. 1) My team didn't play well. 2) I have to read your posts.

The great thing is that after a win we usually don't have to hear from you. Just another reason why i wish TFC would win more.

Pachuco
04-05-2009, 12:24 AM

WOW - unbelievable that even our coach thinks we got ouplayed today. I guess it's time to fire Carver then since he's got no knowledge of soccer.

Bobo
04-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Wynne wasn't very impressive on that second goal but overall still was our best player. If anything DeRo is being overhyped this season.

Biggest gap today was in the systems. As much as I like Carver the man, Carver the coach isn't a whole lot better than Mo the coach.

marshall_law
04-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Someone please tell me WHY on earth we were trying the long ball so much when it was as windy as it was? Instead of making quick passes along the pitch, we float it aimlessly into the wind and turn the ball over.

thank you. you would think that they would wake up and realize after two seasons that long ball soccer just doesn't work.

also, i counted probably only a handful of backwards passes. what's the point of pushing the ball forward to a lone man with three defenders on him?

AL-MO
04-05-2009, 01:42 AM

You are kidding right? :rolleyes:

JamboAl
04-05-2009, 06:45 AM
You know how poorly we played? I fell asleep in front of the tv for the first time ever watching TFC. No one should be excluded from criticism but it is only game 3 of the season.

And one other thing, Seattle may be an expansion team but many of those guys have played together in the USL. They are a good side so props to them.

tfc007
04-05-2009, 07:44 AM
I am not going to criticise one player because they all played pretty bad. Let’s look into this a bit deeper, Look at Seattle as an expansion team, the first thing they do is get a DP player something we supporters have been asking for 3 years now. The second thing they do is go get a quality championship winning coach who has proved himself in mls, and we go get a coach that at best is a back up to someone else in England. The third thing Seattle does is acquire good quality players, what do we acquire a hippie from York university that couldn’t kick the ball if his life depended on it. The fourth thing that Seattle has is a winning attitude and support from its owners and management.TFc has Maple leaf sports and greed who don’t give a fuck about winning, just look at their track record with other teams. As long as the stadium is full that’s all they care about. When your coach comes out and says that if we get ten more points than last year, we will make the playoffs and it will be a successful season. Well I have to say If making the playoffs a success, what about winning MLS cup? Dont worry if TFC mange to make the playoffs, you will see a nice spike in ticket prices for the following season, and they will bring someone from let’s say Brazil, and they will try to convince us that he is a good player so they can justify the hike in your ticket prices. Let’s face it guys if this Brazilian is good what the fuck is he doing in MLS and not in Europe. Guys wake up This Maple Leaf Sports and Greed, and when you realize this then everything else makes sense. At the rate we are going it will take many years before we see a championship sorry guys but this is what I feel.

Talorcan
04-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Back to the original question:

Seattle is playoff bound.
TFC not based on the 3 games watched to date.

Note before you take my head off KC is terrible but we barely managed to hand on.
Columbus we got very lucky and you do need some luck.
For a home opener 80% of the team didn't seem to care.... not promising.

colman1860
04-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Back to the original question:

Seattle is playoff bound.
TFC not based on the 3 games watched to date.

Note before you take my head off KC is terrible but we barely managed to hand on.
Columbus we got very lucky and you do need some luck.
For a home opener 80% of the team didn't seem to care.... not promising.

Actually, based on 4 points in 3 games, TFC is playoff bound. That extrapolates to 40 points, which would tie us with Salt Lake and put us ahead of New York last season.

People overreact after losses...if we beat Dallas next week, people will be talking about how great we are again...we're somewhere in between.

colman1860
04-05-2009, 08:07 AM
The writings on the wall JC knows it, watch for big changes

Rarely read such bullshit.

LucaGol
04-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Actually, based on 4 points in 3 games, TFC is playoff bound. That extrapolates to 40 points, which would tie us with Salt Lake and put us ahead of New York last season.

People overreact after losses...if we beat Dallas next week, people will be talking about how great we are again...we're somewhere in between.

Doing mathematical projections with such a small sample size is not a smart thing to do either.

4evared
04-05-2009, 08:53 AM
If you look at the game yesterday as one big picture the biggest difference came from two levels. We were outplayed by a team that looked to always having 13 players on the field at all times. The reason for that is Freddie Ljunberg. He brought skill and desire that all the Sounders fed off of. We were also outcoached in the first 10 mins. of the game by last years MLS championship winning coach. Two simple reasons for defeat. Two very difficult problems to overcome. I have faith in Carver but it is Mo Johnson that has to get his finger out of his ass and bring in a plpayer with the same quality as Freedie.

ensco
04-05-2009, 09:02 AM

Not the same. Beating a crap Dallas team here won't make me feel much better. Getting 6 points from the next two games might do the trick.

bhoybobby
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Rarely read such bullshit.

Oh really, after watching JC's post game, he said he seen signs of this last week, his words not mine, he also said he's gonna have a close look at everything.

So, IMO here's what you can expect:

Sutton - benched, distribution is getting worse

Harmse - not good enough, benched, replaced at 1st opportunity

Wynne - MOTM ffs, trade him while we can, 1st touch like an elephant, can't pass, speed no brain

RR - Fucking overpaid dumpling, benched

Barrett - Se Wynne

bhoybobby
04-05-2009, 06:48 PM

I sincerely hope we bounce back. If JC drops Ricketts & Barrett for starters we just might. Those two are not up to it as starters, in fact I wouldn't keep them if I had a choice.

If we persist with those two as starters then I wouldn't count on any improvement, although we should beat Dallas.

The Sounders played some nice stuff & out thought/muscled us in every single area of the game. boys against men

Derko
04-05-2009, 07:08 PM
TFC played awful!!
Seattle's back 4 played very well, the only shots Keller faced were dribblers.
TFC had better bounce back from that awful performance.
Worst I have seen so far

kitchener-TFC
04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Robbo was MOTM IMO. WTF was with Vitti getting poked in the eyes without a call, or our player getting taken down in their box without a call?
And wtf is Harmse still doing here? Useless.

mclaren
04-05-2009, 07:50 PM
The goals were not Sutton's fault, but I was disappointed not to see Frei start - from what I've seen so far, he's technically better than Sutton (although Sutton obviously has more experience). Was Frei injured still?

Jack
04-05-2009, 08:05 PM
The goals were not Sutton's fault, but I was disappointed not to see Frei start - from what I've seen so far, he's technically better than Sutton (although Sutton obviously has more experience). Was Frei injured still?

Yes, he's still injured, as far as I know.