PDA

View Full Version : Official Post-Game Bench Ricketts and Barret Thread.....and Talk About the Loss

Pages : [1] 2

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
What. The. Hell.

God awful performance today.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I spelled Barrett wrong but like anyone cares.

Super Cereal
04-04-2009, 04:57 PM
A fucking expansion team has accomolished more than us in three fucking years.

God damnit, I fucking hate looking forward to something so much and being so disappointed.

Note: Don't fucking trade your best CB without a fucking backup plan.

Waggy
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
There were 2 defensive breakdowns that seattle took advantage of. That goal that was called back on the Dichio "foul" and Gueveras crossbar change the game completely. I'm very impressed with how Seattle looked, but overall I didn't think we looked THAT bad. I wish I could say the same for the officiating

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
There were 2 defensive breakdowns that seattle took advantage of. That goal that was called back on the Dichio "foul" and Gueveras crossbar change the game completely. I'm very impressed with how Seattle looked, but overall I didn't think we looked THAT bad. I wish I could say the same for the officiating

:eek:

Corpand
04-04-2009, 05:02 PM
If I see one more long ball.....

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-04-2009, 05:04 PM
BS call on dicho it would have been 2-1 ref ganked us ....again! last man back foul on dero straight red.... no red . mls refs blow

tfctillidie
04-04-2009, 05:04 PM
the weather was crap, barrett and ricketts also crap, and the officiating was crap...all in all, it was crap!

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I mean ... we just had nothing going forward.

Every attack was like groundhog day ... put your head down and launch it forward to no one.

Bars92
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I thought Toronto had most of the possesion, but Seattle was able to take advantage of its chances better. 2-nil down at the half it was too hard to come back in that wind. Begginners luck (and Ljunberg). Reserve your judgements until about the fifth game.

starrynightnf
04-04-2009, 05:06 PM
If I see one more long ball.....

I'm with you...I think Seattle did a good job. The kept kicking the ball from player to player to player until they made it to our end of the field and worked well as a team...but we kept kicking long balls in this bloody wind.

I'm fucking depressed now.

poppamidnight
Well I think im going to have to buy a new jersey.........simply for the fact I put "Ricketts" on mine....

...I went to change my facebook status then realized Ricketts is one of my friends...(would he be insulted?)

-He just can't beat people no more... Not sure if it's an injury or a knock of confidence, but until he fixes it he shouldn't see the light of day....
...not like Johann is much better

Maybe try Ibrahim???

As for Harmse, I've said it for 2 yrs now he doesnt belong in MLS

He plane sucks, and week after week keeps proving me right

Where are the Harmse supporters???
Gone into hiding once again....

I forget who it was trying to argue w/ me that Harmse belongs, but that guy should have his ticket to society revoked - as he's clearly delusoinal

TRY OUT THE BLOODY Gambians!!!

Your never gunna learn the talent you have unless you see them in game action!!!

LucaGol
I thought Toronto had most of the possesion, but Seattle was able to take advantage of its chances better. 2-nil down at the half it was too hard to come back in that wind. Begginners luck (and Ljunberg). Reserve your judgements until about the fifth game.

I would like to use this emoticon rather than type any more words ...

:eek:

forza_tfc
04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
It's not rocket science. We knew coming into the season we needed a center back. Barrett and Ricketts are turning into a huge disappointment. Barrett can't pass or score, and Ricketts gets pushed off the ball and couldn't move around a pylon. DeRo needs to be played in a central role, not out of the action on the wing. I'm pissed.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Well I think im going to have to buy a new jersey.........simply for the fact I put "Ricketts" on mine....

...I went to change my facebook status then realized Ricketts is one of my friends...(would he be insulted?)

-He just can't beat people no more... Not sure if it's an injury or a knock of confidence, but until he fixes it he shouldn't see the light of day....
...not like Johann is much better

Maybe try Ibrahim???

As for Harmse, I've said it for 2 yrs now he doesnt belong in MLS

He plane sucks, and week after week keeps proving me right

Where are the Harmse supporters???
Gone into hiding once again....

I forget who it was trying to argue w/ me that Harmse belongs, but that guy should have his ticket to society revoked - as he's clearly delusoinal

TRY OUT THE BLOODY Gambians!!!

Your never gunna learn the talent you have unless you see them in game action!!!

It doesn't matter who you try ... if your coach is clearly instructing to you to play a certain way ... which is doomed to fail (something even a 2 year old could tell you) ... It wouldn't make an iota of a difference.

I mean it was comical how one dimensional our attack was.

Davenport
04-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Seattle had most of the important posession.
All Toronto could do was launch it forward for their 2 centre backs to eat up every ball.
A very poor performance.
TFC played as though they expected Seattle to lie down and let them win.
Seattle had the 3 best players on the pitch by a mile.
TFC looked naive and had NO imagination at all.
Very worrying.

Norn_Irn_Toffee
04-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Toronto looked complacent today (after only 2 games!), long balls all day... terrible,

dichio/vitti looked a lot better than barrett up there,

this will bring everyone back to earth (maybe a good thing), and hopefully bring a strong response to Dallas...

Just remember, this is a marathon not a sprint! (sthing I always keep in mind when drinkin!) :drinking:

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:10 PM
All Toronto could do was launch it forward for their 2 centre backs to eat up every ball.
A very poor performance.
Very worrying.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Might as well close the damn thread.

ua-kozak_TFC
please don;t blame the weather.... cause seattle seemto have done just fine with the weather and all...
barret was bad but not as bad as rickets... this guy is all show and talk... he need to walk his talk.... in one word GARBAGE... keep looking in english premiere league MO... that where gems like riketts are found...

starrynightnf
I'll say it again...I can't believe this was the bloody home opener!!

Davenport
04-04-2009, 05:11 PM
BTW Harmse is an embarassment.
Both in his play and his temperament.
He's completely out of his depth.
He could have been sent off.....
........again....

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Poor, poor performance.

Harmse and Serioux were nothing short of porous in the middle.

The ref was a twit, like all his MLS counterparts. Vitti was fouled CONSTANTLY and got no protection. Don't get me started on the disallowed goal.

Marc"2L"
So how much do you trust Carver now?
I know, it's 1 loss. But that's not the point. That was fucking bad.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
vitti bagged one WTF was the call on that one??? wtf! UGH

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Poor, poor performance.

Harmse and Serioux were nothing short of porous in the middle.

The ref was a twit, like all his MLS counterparts. Vitti was fouled CONSTANTLY and got no protection. Don't get me started on the disallowed goal.

absolute BS reffing i hope someone bottles him on the way out of the stadium:o

Bars92
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
A very poor performance.
Very worrying.

I thought after the first goal, which was a lovely goal, TFC responded well and took the game to Seattle, but that clusterf%$k which led to the second goal just killed us.

tfc
04-04-2009, 05:15 PM
It doesn't matter who you try ... if your coach is clearly instructing to you to play a certain way ... which is doomed to fail (something even a 2 year old could tell you) ... It wouldn't make an iota of a difference.

I mean it was comical how one dimensional our attack was.

i know i shouldn't even bother reading this board for the next week because im going to get responses as shockingly negative as this, but come on man. it was a bad loss, everyone freaking saw it, do we need to start up 20 threads focusing on the negatives of every single aspect of the game?

jesus, some people just come here to bitch

dantdot
04-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I hope Carver's not directing this route 1 madness, if so...I don't know what to say. The only good thing I can take from this game is getting a horrendous loss out of the way early, not later.

Davenport
04-04-2009, 05:16 PM
This team is simply not good enough.
If Smith, Harmse, Barrett and Ricketts can get in, God help us.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
i know i shouldn't even bother reading this board for the next week because im going to get responses as shockingly negative as this, but come on man. it was a bad loss, everyone freaking saw it, do we need to start up 20 threads focusing on the negatives of every single aspect of the game?

jesus, some people just come here to bitch

Number one ... this is not a thread to bash John Carver.

Number two ... you have a "shockingly negative" game ... you're going to illicit "shockingly negative" responses.

Please spare me your I'm a better fan than you nonsense.

There was nothing redeeming about this game.

We've had this negative long ball tactic with us for far too long. If you don't understand that ... then what can I tell you. Go watch more games.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:18 PM
i second that....
beside dero and vitti is the same shity core as last year and the year before...

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
i second that....
beside dero and vitti is the same shity core as last year and the year before...

Not to mention a core with low soccer IQ at that.

For example, Johann Smith (someone who I was mildly impressed with last season) ... just came onto the pitch and was absolutely standing still about 3 yards away from Jim Brennan the man in possession.

Move your damn legs ... you're supposed to be athletic ... create space for yourself ... give your captain some options.

Bars92
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
i second that....

What about Serioux? Seattle is not that much better of a team, they have Tyrone Marshall on their back line FFS!

zeelaw
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Play Cronin ahead of Ricketts. Man... this guy has fallen from graces so bad.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-04-2009, 05:23 PM
So how much do you trust Carver now?
I know, it's 1 loss. But that's not the point. That was fucking bad.
S'il vous plait, man... It's one game. We need to be more patient around here.

The club I follow in Europe, Udinese, are a shining example of where patience and making decisions not in the heat of the moment, but with pure reason, can take a club. Since being promoted for the last time in 1995, they've made the UEFA Cup four times and qualified for the Champions League once on an absolutely miniscule budget- playing in a very sparsely populated region of Italy. When they went through a terrible stretch in the middle of the season, the thought of Pasquale Marino being sacked never crossed my mind, and clearly never crossed the board's mind either, and now they've turned it around. You can't look at results over a year and judge a manager's performance by that, never mind one game.

Takez un chill pill.

forza_tfc

I think it's as simple as that. Seattle put the right people in place from the top down, and were not afraid to pay for good players. Roth didn't mince words--he said he wanted a top team, and that's what he is getting.

fiji_blue
John Carver sux his team was not prepared WE looked like shiiiii**

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Whomever made that comment about Ricketts is spot on.

The MLS isn't a home for washed up/mediocre players from Europe like Ricketts.

It seems TFC lacks speed outside of Wynne. We got passed off the pitch and it shows how slow we are.

Oh yeah. C***ingham is with FC Dallas and he makes his return next week.

LucaGol
What about Serioux? Seattle is not that much better of a team, they have Tyrone Marshall on their back line FFS!

Ya ... "T.O. reject" right ...

Not that he played particularly outstanding, but how many players exactly have to leave us and have more success when they're on another team other than TFC for us to realize perhaps there are other greater problems.

felipe
yeah, the endless long ball was incredibly frustrating, but there were bright moments too. I thought the game even, with the difference being the huge hole in our central D. That said, we had our chances and missed them by inches; they took theirs.

If you want to blame someone - blame Srioux, he was dirctly responsible for both goals, and he had countless other gaffes.

Redcoe15
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
DIS -- FUCKING -- GUSTING!!! :mad:

That's all I can say. Can each and everyone of them look at themselves and say they were at least satisfied with that shit effort today? And I don't care what anyone says about Seattle. They're an expansion side. We're supposed to kick their asses around on home turf. :incazzato:

tfctillidie
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Cronin over Ricketts and Velez over Harmse

forza_tfc
04-04-2009, 05:26 PM

Yep. I play amateur indoor teams that are more creative.

Lucky Strike
I invite you to consult my player ratings.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=11750

I_AM_CANADIAN

For example, Johann Smith (someone who I was mildly impressed with last season) ... just came onto the pitch and was absolutely standing still about 3 yards away from Jim Brennan the man in possession.

Move your damn legs ... you're supposed to be athletic ... create space for yourself ... give your captain some options.
Once again, I remember why I don't usually read the public forums on here.

We've seen what Johann Smith can do, he's got great pace and can play some good balls into the strikers. But one game, in which he featured for a couple minutes, and suddenly he's brutal. Honestly.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:29 PM

The club I follow in Europe, Udinese, are a shining example of where patience and making decisions not in the heat of the moment, but with pure reason, can take a club. Since being promoted for the last time in 1995, they've made the UEFA Cup four times and qualified for the Champions League once on an absolutely miniscule budget- playing in a very sparsely populated region of Italy. When they went through a terrible stretch in the middle of the season, the thought of Pasquale Marino being sacked never crossed my mind, and clearly never crossed the board's mind either, and now they've turned it around. You can't look at results over a year and judge a manager's performance by that, never mind one game.

Takez un chill pill.

And the team I follow ... Parma fired Gigi Cagni after a horrible first 3 games in Serie B ... hired Francesco Guidolin and are now 1 point off top of the table ... what's your point?

Sometimes drastic action is required.

Same situation with Sven Goran Eriksson and Mexico ... I just wish Canada would have been more svelte in firing Dale Mitchell ... perhaps Canada would still be alive.

Patience is one thing ... but when you perform so poorly for so long ...

Bars92
04-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Ya ... "T.O. reject" right ...

Not that he played particularly outstanding, but how many players exactly have to leave us and have more success when they're on another team other than TFC for us to realize perhaps there are other greater problems.

So your saying there is a problem with Carvers's tactics then??

I think Seattle is on a great run as an expansion team, but they do have a DP striker that knows a thing or two.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:30 PM
... well some how they ahve a clean sheet. and since keller was not raelly tested asside from 2 chances, i think this prooves the fact that they do have a good defence... i think serioux is not bad He looked very shaky ineach tfc game... he also is not a good leader in the defense, hels a great side kick but a shity leader.

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Kick and Run , Kick and Run , Kick and Run

tfctillidie
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
hell is going to break loose, If we can't beat FC Dallas next week

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM

We've seen what Johann Smith can do, he's got great pace and can play some good balls into the strikers. But one game, in which he featured for a couple minutes, and suddenly he's brutal. Honestly.

Been watching that Johann Smith to Ibrahim goal at Giants Stadium on youtube a little too much have we?

I stated that I was a Johann Smith backer last season ... I'm noticing some flaws in his play for which I provided a black and white example.

Problem?

tfctillidie
04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Johann Smith was caught standing around in few occasions, he was just watching Brennan instead of making a run to an empty space

Waggy
04-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Also, first goal notwithstanding, I thought Serioux had a hell of a game. Played physical, kept his man in check. That was encouraging for sure. Other positives (reaching, reaching, reaching)..... um.... well we weren't exactly hemmed in in our end. We were taking it to them pretty well. Just, as much as I hate to say it, I think we were outclassed. And for all you people attacking: Carver, Mo, Serioux, any other specific TFC player, remember this is the same team from the last 2 weeks. They had a bad game. Theres a reason we're aiming for the playoffs. We arent championship calaber yet. Take it down a notch. We'll be back next week

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Also, first goal notwithstanding, I thought Serioux had a hell of a game. Played physical, kept his man in check. That was encouraging for sure. Other positives (reaching, reaching, reaching)..... um.... well we weren't exactly hemmed in in our end. We were taking it to them pretty well. Just, as much as I hate to say it, I think we were outclassed. And for all you people attacking: Carver, Mo, Serioux, any other specific TFC player, remember this is the same team from the last 2 weeks. They had a bad game. Theres a reason we're aiming for the playoffs. We arent championship calaber yet. Take it down a notch. We'll be back next week

1. We also played really poorly in Columbus

2. We may have beat KC .. but they are most likely the worst team in MLS.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Consistency is the only difference between a good player and a bad player..

TFC USA
Is this team scared to shoot from 30 yards? Really! It's like nothing changed from last year in that game.

Shakes McQueen
I've been sitting here trying to think of something to say for like 10 minutes, but I just don't have anything - be it about the poor play, or the phantom calls that cost us dearly.

I do think it may be time for Ricketts to sit for at least a match. I'm going to go back and watch my PVR recording of the game when I get home from work, to take a better look at everything he did.

- Scott

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-04-2009, 05:37 PM
And the team I follow ... Parma fired Gigi Cagni after a horrible first 3 games in Serie B ... hired Francesco Guidolin and are now 1 point off top of the table ... what's your point?

Sometimes drastic action is required.

Same situation with Sven Goran Eriksson and Mexico ... I just wish Canada would have been more svelte in firing Dale Mitchell ... perhaps Canada would still be alive.

Patience is one thing ... but when you perform so poorly for so long ...
Oh, please. Look at this in context. Canada were expected to qualify and justifiably so. Mitchell also proved to be a poor manager during his time with the U-20 side.

Carver had one year with a side that one couldn't exactly call stellar. I don't know what you expected.

As for Parma, their overspending only worsened the predicament they were put in by the Parmalat scandal. Patience pays dividends, and Fiore, Napoli and Parma are classic examples of teams that went past their limits in the hopes of becoming another Juve or Milan.

Davenport
04-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Been watching that Johann Smith to Ibrahim goal at Giants Stadium on youtube a little too much have we?

I stated that I was a Johann Smith backer last season ... I'm noticing some flaws in his play for which I provided a black and white example.

Problem?
Smith is just not good enough to be a pro player.
He got laughed out of a struggling Div. 2 club in England 2 years ago and he's being expected to compete against the likes of Ljungberg etc.
He's an OSL player at best.....quick, but no football brain at all.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I've been sitting here trying to think of something to say for like 10 minutes, but I just don't have anything - be it about the poor play, or the phantom calls that cost us dearly.

I do think it may be time for Ricketts to sit for at least a match. I'm going to go back and watch my PVR recording of the game when I get home from work, to take a better look at everything he did.

- Scott

Shakes ... I know you're normally a glass half full supporter and admittedly I'm a pessimistic poster ... but don't waste your time.

If you're looking for things that Rohan Ricketts did in the game today ... you might as well just press fast forward ... because he did nothing at all.

felipe
04-04-2009, 05:39 PM
seriously I sat there for the last thirty minutes muttering 'hoof and hope', 'hoof and hope'. My wife says what are you talking aout? I said they're not playing soccer, they're playing hoof and hope. Brutal...no imagination...

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:41 PM

I think all of us would be more patient if we saw the same eagerness in the front office or in "the manager of soccer" in TFC as is seen in Seattle... they thinking to bring a SECOND DP... even when they are completely destroying everyone... now that really shows passion for the sport and not passion for the Money, shown by anselmi... we'll bring a DP when the "attendance goes down" or when we need to fill a bigger stadium...

TFC USA
Wait! My "Mo's boner for small league players in the UK" statement from last year is gaining some traction?!<br><br>His type of moves are backfiring.<br>

LucaGol
Oh, please. Look at this in context. Canada were expected to qualify and justifiably so. Mitchell also proved to be a poor manager during his time with the U-20 side.

Carver had one year with a side that one couldn't exactly call stellar. I don't know what you expected.

As for Parma, their overspending only worsened the predicament they were put in by the Parmalat scandal. Patience pays dividends, and Fiore, Napoli and Parma are classic examples of teams that went past their limits in the hopes of becoming another Juve or Milan.

Im not looking to win the MLS Cup ... I'm looking for progress, improvement, effort. Not regression.

When I see negative tactics that no coach in the world uses anymore ... anywhere ... I start getting worried.

Bars92
04-04-2009, 05:42 PM
If Jo Smith was any good he'd be starting. The focus needs to be on the chemistry between Dero, Guevara and Ricketts and finding out if Barrett and Vitti are for real. You know you'll get a solid effort from Jimmy and Robbo and Serioux seems to be a good player. I know Wynne is fast...

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I also thought Nigel Reed sucked today. I know he's a homer but he sounded like he was on death row.<br><br>Hopefully he can pick it up next week.<br>

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I also thought Nigel Reed sucked today. I know he's a homer but he sounded like he was on death row.<br><br>Hopefully he can pick it up next week.<br>

Poor guy ... can you blame him.

Nerepis
04-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Johann Smith was caught standing around in few occasions, he was just watching Brennan instead of making a run to an empty space

I scared my wife, when I yelled "give him an option" at the TV. My god it was school-boy stuff.

BallardSounder
04-04-2009, 05:45 PM
A couple of quick points from a less than neutral perspective.

First, I really do think you can blame the weather for this loss. Seattle plays a ground game built around short passes anyway(especially without Montero) focused on possession and taking advantage of their guys' skills up front. The high winds totally favored this kind of game, and neutralized the TFC offence far more than Seattle's defending.

Seattle has a second unofficial DP player in Keller. He's a world class keeper who is going to make a difference in games and makes up for the mistakes in Seattle's back line. Most MLS teams don't have this.

MLS officiating sucks. Did it cost TFC the game? Probably not, but it really does suck.

For all the attention that has been focused on Montero, the real key to Seattle's game is the midfield. They had their best game so far today.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I scared my wife, when I yelled "give him an option" at the TV. My god it was school-boy stuff.

Jimmy B gave him a good shout too ... it was so loud on the television.

It's just a microcosm of a very clear problem on the team. Creating space and movement.

As I said before ... it's a lot to do with effort.

I_AM_CANADIAN
Meh.

I must say I expected better post-game. I'm pissed over the loss, but most on here seem to be writing off the entire fucking club after one match. We're all passionate supporters, but I expected at least a few people making decisions with their brains and not their balls.

Marc"2L"
There were a few times when they looked bunched up and hopeless.
I'm sorry, but I don't want to watch a game where I get excited for 2 maybe 3 chances. Even more so when this is at home.

Calvin
04-04-2009, 05:47 PM
vittis first goal! im counting it, that was NOT a foul.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-04-2009, 05:48 PM

First, I really do think you can blame the weather for this loss. Seattle plays a ground game built around short passes anyway(especially without Montero) focused on possession and taking advantage of their guys' skills up front. The high winds totally favored this kind of game, and neutralized the TFC offence far more than Seattle's defending.

Seattle has a second unofficial DP player in Keller. He's a world class keeper who is going to make a difference in games and makes up for the mistakes in Seattle's back line. Most MLS teams don't have this.

MLS officiating sucks. Did it cost TFC the game? Probably not, but it really does suck.

For all the attention that has been focused on Montero, the real key to Seattle's game is the midfield. They had their best game so far today.
The real key, for me, was the designated player and Sweden's captain only 10 months ago at Euro. We should have bagged this guy. He was at the centre of every attacking move while he was on the pitch.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Meh.

I must say I expected better post-game. I'm pissed over the loss, but most on here seem to be writing off the entire fucking club after one match. We're all passionate supporters, but I expected at least a few people making decisions with their brains and not their balls.

No offense ... but how should people post after such a disheartening loss?

With optimism ...?

Even the most optimistic fan might have had their hopes dented after today.

And for the record ... this is our second consecutive extremely poor showing. Not a one off.

forza_tfc
04-04-2009, 05:49 PM

It baffles my fucking mind how some players get paid for what they do on field.

I don't mind losing if we give a good effort or if it was close. But today was embarrassing.

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
No offense ... but how should people post after such a disheartening loss?

With optimism ...?

Even the most optimistic fan might have had their hopes dented after today.

And for the record ... this is our second consecutive extremely poor showing. Not a one off.

Second consecutive extremely poor showing in a long line of long consecutive extremely poor showings. Lets be honest.

On top of all that, this was a game that EVERYBODY was watching. We're proving everybody who says we're still garbage right.

Waggy
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Im not looking to win the MLS Cup ... I'm looking for progress, improvement, effort. Not regression.

When I see negative tactics that no coach in the world uses anymore ... anywhere ... I start getting worried.

I don't know why I'm letting you bait me like this, but you're absolutely fucked man. You DONT see improvement from last year?! really?! We lost 2-0 to whats arguably the best team in the league in a competative game with questionable officiating that costed us at least 1 goal. Seattle may be an expansion team but they didn't just assemble a roster. And as we all learned from the Champions League, you can't sleep on the quality of those USL teams. Progress involves pain. What did we have here? Well how about 2 guys desperate to reward their hometown team and fans for bringing them. How about how they've been hearing talk of contending for a championship for the past few weeks. You don't think thats some pressure? They have to learn how to deal. This loss here, in august, I'm willing to wager is a win. Before you start freaking out, maybe wait until theres enough of the season done to establish a pattern. What we have so far is 1 good game in KC, 1 mediocre game in Columbus, in which we were short handed, and one mediocre game in Toronto.

Again, calm the fuck down. We're getting there. This is the last time I'm responding to any of this crap. The vast majority of us here are Torontonians, and we of all people know how hard it is to win a championship. This isn't JP preaching patience while we're getting worse here. We brought in some big guys who we have to get used to each other and going. So CALM THE FUCK DOWN. Jesus christ.

*NB, this is not intended for 1 person. This is to every single one of you 'fans' who take every opportunity you can get to disparrage the team. If we're so terrible, do the real fans a favour and go back to watching hockey

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
It baffles my fucking mind how some players get paid for what they do on field.

I don't mind losing if we give a good effort or if it was close. But today was embarrassing.

Contrast that with Seattle ... this was the third full game I've watched them and their game is all hustle, hustle, and more hustle.

Alonso, Evans, Le Toux, Jaqua are just massive workhorses the entire game.

I mean Jaqua was in midfield sometimes dispossessing TFC players.

It was just suffocating at times.

And another thing ... Zakuani is looking to be a far and away better player then anyone else in the draft class. Sorry Sam Cronin ... you seem to be a neat player but Steve Zakuani brings the goods big time.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:55 PM

Yes you are definetly right:rolleyes:.... weather favored the better play of seattle and disfavoured the ammateur play of TFC....:rolleyes: What genious thought of play long balls with this wind???
(OVER KILL ALERT)
yea the beatiful soccer game play of long balls going to no where...the you tube is full of videos long ball plays.... i think brazil and argentina use it all the time because it is very effective...

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't know why I'm letting you bait me like this, but you're absolutely fucked man. You DONT see improvement from last year?! really?! We lost 2-0 to whats arguably the best team in the league in a competative game with questionable officiating that costed us at least 1 goal. Seattle may be an expansion team but they didn't just assemble a roster. And as we all learned from the Champions League, you can't sleep on the quality of those USL teams. Progress involves pain. What did we have here? Well how about 2 guys desperate to reward their hometown team and fans for bringing them. How about how they've been hearing talk of contending for a championship for the past few weeks. You don't think thats some pressure? They have to learn how to deal. This loss here, in august, I'm willing to wager is a win. Before you start freaking out, maybe wait until theres enough of the season done to establish a pattern. What we have so far is 1 good game in KC, 1 mediocre game in Columbus, in which we were short handed, and one mediocre game in Toronto.

Again, calm the fuck down. We're getting there. This is the last time I'm responding to any of this crap. The vast majority of us here are Torontonians, and we of all people know how hard it is to win a championship. This isn't JP preaching patience while we're getting worse here. We brought in some big guys who we have to get used to each other and going. So CALM THE FUCK DOWN. Jesus christ.

I am calm ... are you calm is the real question?

If you think our last 2 games were mediocre then I strongly disagree with you.

Lastly, Im not "baiting" you ... Im stating my opinion which I believe Im fully in my rights to do. Thank you very much.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 05:57 PM
We're at HOME!! NO ONE SHOULD lose like we did in our HOME OPENER!!

Good team or not you always show up at home.

TFC07
04-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Bench Ricketts and Barret???? HELL YEAH!

Where the hell is MO? We need a CB ASAP!

Who is this ref? He was awful!

TFC looked predictable offensively! They need to stop this "kick and run" BS. Also don't be afraid to shoot the ball especially outside of box. I am starting to question of some TFC players' soccer IQ.

To people who are (or going to) bitch about booing here: TFC deserved to get booed today.

On a side note, Raptors won again! Now it is an 6 game winning streak! :D

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I am calm ... are you calm is the real question?

If you think our last 2 games were mediocre then I strongly disagree with you.

Lastly, Im not "baiting" you ... Im stating my opinion which I believe Im fully in my rights to do. Thank you very much.

Was just about to say that myself.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Right now, it's obvious.

Barrett = Andrea Jeff Lombardo Cunningham

Fushida
04-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Kick and Run , Kick and Run , Kick and Run

You'd think after they realized the wind was blowing against them in the 2nd half the long balls would stop. Maybe my expectations are too high but how many balls in the air did we actually win?! Jaqua owned our back line, and we got nothing offensively until Dichio came on.

And Barrett has just about the worst touch in the team. I don't know how you can "control" a ball to feet up into the air so consistently, but damn its poor.

forza_tfc
04-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Contrast that with Seattle ... this was the third full game I've watched them and their game is all hustle, hustle, and more hustle.

Alonso, Evans, Le Toux, Jaqua are just massive workhorses the entire game.

I mean Jaqua was in midfield sometimes dispossessing TFC players.

It was just suffocating at times.

We get that kind of work rate out of Wynne an DeRo, and that's about it. It's simply a numbers game. I agree, in the last 3 games Seattle consistently fought for each ball and shows they can open up a field.

OneLoveOneEric
04-04-2009, 06:03 PM
It is so disappointing to see a team that is built like that after 3 games.
Of course we are improving, but fuck we started light years behind where Seattle are today.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 06:03 PM
We get that kind of work rate out of Wynne an DeRo, and that's about it. It's simply a numbers game. I agree, in the last 3 games Seattle consistently fought for each ball and shows they can open up a field.

I felt like I was watching an EPL side against a Serie A team in this year's Champions League, all over again.

One team (Seattle) playing at one pace ... and the other (TFC) playing at another slow lumbering speed.

Bars92
04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Bench Ricketts and Barret???? HELL YEAH!

Where the hell is MO? We need a CB ASAP!

Who is this ref? He was awful!

TFC looked predictable offensively! They need to stop this "kick and run" BS. Also don't be afraid to shoot the ball especially outside of box. I am starting to question of some TFC players' soccer IQ.

To people who are (or going to) bitch about booing here: TFC deserved to get booed today.

On a side note, Raptors won again! Now it is an 6 game winning streak! :D

Which players footy IQ is in question? Surely these players are exempt:
Guevarra
Brennan
DeRo
Dichio
Robinson

thoughts??

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, and are streak of losing games 2-0 continues. It's become consistent that we put ourselves in a position where we're always down by multiple goals.

Nazzer
04-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Every one of Seattles players played better than Torontos players. Most importantly, the centre backs for toronto really sucked and I think they need to shoulder the blame for both of the goals. As well, Harmse can take a lot of the blame for the poor offense, because every time her got the ball all he did was aimlessly boot it up the field, and considering the wind that is an even stupider option than normal.

Bars92
04-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Every one of Seattles players played better than Torontos players. Most importantly, the centre backs for toronto really sucked and I think they need to shoulder the blame for both of the goals. As well, Harmse can take a lot of the blame for the poor offense, because every time her got the ball all he did was aimlessly boot it up the field, and considering the wind that is an even stupider option than normal.

I refuse to belive that every Toronto player was worse than Tyrone Marshall.

gtaguy
04-04-2009, 06:07 PM
i hate being pessimistic but this team really sucked today.. Today our defense let us down.
The ref was probably on the seattles payroll, TFC could not take advantage of the chances that they had ,and being robbed what looked like a good play by dichio and vitti just infuriates my ass.
This is not the same team that played the first game. Our team is way to predictable and to be honest im seeing that we don't have any strikers and the defense is going to give up way to many chances.
lets not forget that any balls in the air where almost pretty well dominated by seattle on most occasions.. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

As for seattle playing away from thier stadium they seemed to stick to thier playing style. looked solid and thier passing was smooth and effective. Toronto needs to learn a thing or two from this team...
A well deserved win by seattle and a huge wakeup call for toronto...

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Guevarra
Brennan
DeRo
Dichio
Robinson

thoughts??

Robinson is a destroyer ... he's really good at that ... fine ... but the rest of his game is lacking.

Brennan is one dimensional and with each passing game gives us less and less width. He had one neat nutmeg where he set up Amado with a great cross but that was about it.

De Rosario, Guevara and Dichio are indeed exempt.

Ageroo
04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
We got owned in are own stadium...just got back from the stadium and it was embarrassing......we couldn't get anything resembling an attack. Seattle moved the ball around with ease and scored both goals into the wind. 1st half was embarrassing....

Krasno.pL.
Negativity FTW!
jesus :)
yea we sucked ass today. lets look at what positives we had?
oh wait, we didnt do much today. FUCK
Comon You Reds. Wake the Fuck UP

ua-kozak_TFC
Guevarra
Brennan
DeRo
Dichio
Robinson

thoughts??
you see that's the problem.... we have always been trying to improove OUR squad.. and we did improove our squad. NOw the problem is that we need to Improove out team in the league's perspective... if we improove our squad and end up last ... it means NOTHING... we have to improove in the league....
what am i getting at is this.... those players are by far OUR best players.... are they top players in the LEAGUE?? aside from dero NOOOOOO!!!! and you can see that by the fact that we got a pitty pick of brenana for the MLS ALL STAR game last year just because it was played here.
The harsh truth is that 80 percent of our squad are not material for a winning team... in the MLS

Chevy
04-04-2009, 06:12 PM
The answer to our problems:

http://mlsbr.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/laurent_robert_32.jpg

BRB - Bring Robert Back! (just kidding)

stoner
04-04-2009, 06:13 PM
I thought Seatle was the expansion team we looked this was our first year.We looked like a bunch of kids chasing around the ball.I froze off my ass today to watch this shite!!!!!!!!!:(:(:noidea::noidea:

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Fun Fact</sarcasm>

Our record against the last 2 expansion teams after we joined: 0-2-1

0-1-1 against San Jose, 0-1-0 against Seattle and ZERO goals scored.

David_Oliveira
04-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I thought the reffing was horrid. IMO Toronto could have got back into it if it wasn't for the reffing (Dichio's non-foul on the goal which could have changed the momentum).

dag
04-04-2009, 06:24 PM
On a side note, what happened to the electronic hand sign the fourth official uses to signal substitutions and stoppage time? Please don't say it walked away again for a second straight year. It looks decidedly amateurish.

TheWolf
04-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Barret has absolutely no first touch control and for him to be a professional soccer play with that skill extremely lacking in his arsenal is embarrassing. He has been absolutely aweful the last 3 games and i seriously cant watch him play on the field anymore. Now i wont blame this loss on him because to be honest the whole team played terrible. We lacked intensity and organization. Seattle was the better team by far and deserved the win. We created barely ANY chances and it really was a terrible opener to go to. I really cant take any positives out of this game, im sorry....

The reffing was also very bad as well

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Reffing is always horrid. But does it matter? That penalty that should've been called would've only resulted in another miss.

This team is afraid of the net.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Fun Fact</sarcasm>

Our record against the last 2 expansion teams after we joined: 0-2-1

0-1-1 against San Jose, 0-1-0 against Seattle and ZERO goals scored.
dude why are you so negative?? look at the dright side... we hit the post ones and scored a disallowed goal... that's should definetly count as a goal....
sTOP BEING SOOO negative, Stop bitching... and you are not a real FAN how dare you say we SUCK?

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
On a side note, what happened to the electronic hand sign the fourth official uses to signal substitutions and stoppage time? Please don't say it walked away again for a second straight year. It looks decidedly amateurish.

MLSE response ... "We've look at the numbers ... and decided that not using a digital signboard will save us $10 a year .... same goes for electronic adboards"

gtaguy
04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
in the time dichio came in he looked more impressive then most guys that were on for almost the entire game.. he changed the dynamics of the game however that ass of a ref should have been red carded himself.. if that amado guevara shot had gone in im pretty certain that the game would have finished off in a bloodbath.. Toronto found more drive when dichio was put in and vitti was in the recieving end.. however the score does not tell the whole story.. sad that a referee has to be the determining factor to a game ,however our defense did not help and our strikers(which we really have non were probably thinking about their mls fantasy picks ) .. what a let down ..

KdotOdot
04-04-2009, 06:31 PM
If you have a big Dich you should swing it. The man came on a changed the whole situation. Too bad it was in the 63rd fucking minute.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 06:35 PM
dude why are you so negative?? look at the dright side... we hit the post ones and scored a disallowed goal... that's should definetly count as a goal....
sTOP BEING SOOO negative, Stop bitching... and you are not a real FAN how dare you say we SUCK?

God that comment is so stupid. But I'm in a bad mood so I'll respond to it anyway.

OH right you are Kozak TFC!! Forget this loss! It's a bump on the road and we played decent football! To the MLS Cup in Seattle we go! As long as we don't hit the gosh darn post and not give up gift goals we're going to be great!

Bars92
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM
you see that's the problem.... we have always been trying to improove OUR squad.. and we did improove our squad. NOw the problem is that we need to Improove out team in the league's perspective... if we improove our squad and end up last ... it means NOTHING... we have to improove in the league....
what am i getting at is this.... those players are by far OUR best players.... are they top players in the LEAGUE?? aside from dero NOOOOOO!!!! and you can see that by the fact that we got a pitty pick of brenana for the MLS ALL STAR game last year just because it was played here.
The harsh truth is that 80 percent of our squad are not material for a winning team... in the MLS

Clearly we need an upgrade from Harmse at CB. Now would be a good time for the the DP.

gtaguy
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM

sorry to break it to you but a real fan is the one that can acknowledge when a team plays well or plays bad .. If you place yourself in a diehard fan category you would be disseminating the team and realizing the strengths and weaknesses the team has.
You must be a teacher(pension plan holder) if your so conformative with what you saw on the field tonight...

TheWolf
04-04-2009, 06:38 PM
God that comment is so stupid. But I'm in a bad mood so I'll respond to it anyway.

OH right you are Kozak TFC!! Forget this loss! It's a bump on the road and we played decent football! To the MLS Cup in Seattle we go! As long as we don't hit the gosh darn post and not give up gift goals we're going to be great!

we never had a chance of winning this game from the very get go...even with the horrible reffing ( also in a bad mood because of this game)

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 06:38 PM

lol i was being sarcastic ... relax. Not sure if you noticed i am just as dissapointed and frustrated about the loss as you and i am on your side... it was sarcazm for the rest of those MO whores that call themselves TFC fans... i wouldn;t be surprised if he pays them to post on this board...

egoodwin
04-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Seattle players need belts

ua-kozak_TFC
sorry to break it to you but a real fan is the one that can acknowledge when a team plays well or plays bad .. If you place yourself in a diehard fan category you would be disseminating the team and realizing the strengths and weaknesses the team has.
You must be a teacher(pension plan holder) if your so conformative with what you saw on the field tonight...
raed above...

Krasno.pL.
lads, were all pissed off.
we cant do much about it but bitch :).
lets bitch about the shitteee game, not ourselves

Bars92

Yeah but it is only the third game..People are writing the whole thing off unecessarily I think.

Erkan16
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
i wasted an entire day on this rubbish.

fuck this, not worth it.

Fort York Redcoat
04-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Vitti could've had 2 goals. There's work to be done. Especially defending in the box. Weather was a factor. Not an excuse. Shocking officiating.

All for now

All for one

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 06:44 PM
All For One!

TheWolf
Yeah but it is only the third game..People are writing the whole thing off unecessarily I think.

Well they are getting the well needed wake up call. Of course we are much better this year but still tons of holes to patch up and work on.

Flipityflu
can't help but think that Graham Taylor is running this team by proxy.

longball in a high wind

wow

oh well, there is always another week.

TFC FORZA RPB
04-04-2009, 06:47 PM
im too disapointed that i have chosen not to make any replies until after i watch the recording again

romburgundy
04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
the weather was crap, barrett and ricketts also crap, and the officiating was crap...all in all, it was crap!

That about sums it up for me to and dare I say Dero= zero today

KdotOdot
04-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Dichio is the truth!!!

Strait.

Couple brain farts, in the first.

Got robbed in the second.

It is what it is indeed shun.

Say it with me now.

We sing and chant the Legend Dichiooooooo!!

I'm getting a Dichio tattoo.

Kill Barrett. American Rooney..'I can't Score a Goal Like!'

TFC USA
DeRo was easily dispossessed and did little.

TFC Bhoy
That was some of the worst officiating i have ever seen!! I understand you can be half biased for your team but some of those calls were unreal!!! we should have had a penalty for sure!!!

And WTF was barrett doing!??! He always looked for the extra pass instead of taking the shot or backed off instead of stepping up and challenging for the ball!! That was unreal!! Im so pissed!!!

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
can't help but think that Graham Taylor is running this team by proxy.

longball in a high wind

wow

oh well, there is always another week.

I'm so sick of telling that to myself... when this team DOES play bad.
We're only as good as our worst performance.

Bars92
04-04-2009, 06:56 PM
we are the Sunderland of the MLS right now (apologies to the Black Cats).

gtaguy

i think that for that very reason we should bring it all out.. catching it while its still young and early in the season is the important objective .

TheWolf
That about sums it up for me to and dare I say Dero= zero today

Dero WAS zero

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Bring On Dallas! :D

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 07:00 PM
No, please don't bring on Dallas. Because if we lose to Dallas, we're in freefall and the season just started.

brad
04-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Vitti could've had 2 goals. There's work to be done. Especially defending in the box. Weather was a factor. Not an excuse. Shocking officiating.

All for now

All for one

The weather was a factor for both teams though.

We were soundly (no pun intended) beaten by a much better team.

poppamidnight
04-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Okay first off let me state im not gunna bash the core, as the core HAS improved and looked pretty solid today,

it's other pieces we're missing and yet SOME seem to think we're good with those sub-par pieces

I knew the game was over when the 75:00 came up, and NO MORE SUBS we're put in

I like Carver, think he's an alright coach, but WTF man, NOTHING was happening...

And then here oh here... 85th....85th friggen minute.......what do we have?
a sub!!!

Great an attacker

MAYBE just MAYBE we COULD HALF the lead - (since it's obviously too late to consider tying it up) and finish the game slightly less embarassed...

ohh wait...

he's taking off the one player who looked to be having the best chances thus far in the second half (Vitti)

Why?

We're soo far out of it with no sniff at winning, why not just get a goal and take off a defender - errrrrr, someone PRETENDING to be a defender (Harmse)

"Carver we Trust", but that was just amateur - BUSH LEAGUE

I've seen Under-5 coaches utilize their players better than that

....i'm starting to loose my "trust" ever so slightly

MartinUtd
04-04-2009, 07:16 PM
ugh...

so bad... don't even know what to say.

Total...Utter...Failure.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Why Can't We Hold The Ball !!!!!!!!

torontocelt
04-04-2009, 07:25 PM
A couple of points I picked up today which frustrated me were that there seems to be no width in the TFC team especially down the left hand side. There were times today where Brennan had the ball and he had no one down the left wing to pass to and this is one of the easiest and most productive balls to play. Also, I thought Vitti done okay today but to me he seems to have a free role as he is all over the place. This free role I think could have a negative effect on attacks as players do not seem to know where he is. I myself would prefer if he stuck to certain areas of the pitch, players should be able to know where their other team mates should be without even looking and with Vitti I don't think that this is possible.

It is also worth noting that Seattle's tactics were pretty much spot on, they had players back in abundance when they didn't have the ball and they constantly pressed the opposition, often doubling up to win the ball. On the attack they only had a few chances and still managed to score twice, you cannot argue with that. Carver's tactics were found lacking I thought, I am just glad that at half time he brought on Dichio even though it was quite clear after 15 mins that he should have been on. At the start of the season I questioned whether Dichio should be considered a first team starter and now I am in no doubt, he is pivotal to most things that are good about TFC attacks.

Very disappointing today but Seattle proved that they are a well managed team who will give anybody a game. Seattle's manager is doing a terrific job and in Ljundberg they have a player who is still very capable.

jabbronies
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Can't say I blame completly Carver for today's performance. I don't think he tells the team to go out there and take random swats at the ball; pass to the opposing defenders whenever you get the ball; or watch as three players play "keep away" from your whole team.

What I would blame Carver for, is not getting these guys to play as a team. No support for the ball carrier was a big problem today. The long ball game is bull shit as well. especially in the wind!!! Although that did end in the 2nd half.

TheWolf
04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Can't say I blame completly Carver for today's performance. I don't think he tells the team to go out there and take random swats at the ball; pass to the opposing defenders whenever you get the ball; or watch as three players play "keep away" from your whole team.

What I would blame Carver for, is not getting these guys to play as a team. No support for the ball carrier was a big problem today. The long ball game is bull shit as well. especially in the wind!!! Although that did end in the 2nd half.

they are resorting to the long ball BECAUSE there is no support for the call carrier....its like no one is running into space and there's no communication

jabbronies
04-04-2009, 07:32 PM
they are resorting to the long ball BECAUSE there is no support for the call carrier....its like no one is running into space and there's no communication

I thought that too, but if you watch the game again you see they do have options....It's not like they are always alone with the ball. the can easily pass to the man to thier left or right...they always seem to frantically want to push forward, even when there's nothing there.

brad
A couple of points I picked up today which frustrated me were that there seems to be no width in the TFC team especially down the left hand side. There were times today where Brennan had the ball and he had no one down the left wing to pass to and this is one of the easiest and most productive balls to play. Also, I thought Vitti done okay today but to me he seems to have a free role as he is all over the place. This free role I think could have a negative effect on attacks as players do not seem to know where he is. I myself would prefer if he stuck to certain areas of the pitch, players should be able to know where their other team mates should be without even looking and with Vitti I don't think that this is possible.

It is also worth noting that Seattle's tactics were pretty much spot on, they had players back in abundance when they didn't have the ball and they constantly pressed the opposition, often doubling up to win the ball. On the attack they only had a few chances and still managed to score twice, you cannot argue with that. Carver's tactics were found lacking I thought, I am just glad that at half time he brought on Dichio even though it was quite clear after 15 mins that he should have been on. At the start of the season I questioned whether Dichio should be considered a first team starter and now I am in no doubt, he is pivotal to most things that are good about TFC attacks.

Very disappointing today but Seattle proved that they are a well managed team who will give anybody a game. Seattle's manager is doing a terrific job and in Ljundberg they have a player who is still very capable.

Spot on.

tlear
Dichio HAS to start there no reason not to use him.. he actually makes us not suck

tim90
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
bad game

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-04-2009, 07:43 PM
As for seattle playing away from thier stadium they seemed to stick to thier playing style. looked solid and thier passing was smooth and effective. Toronto needs to learn a thing or two from this team...
A well deserved win by seattle and a huge wakeup call for toronto...

Seattle played good why ? because they hold on to the ball and make smart pass' .We had very little time on the ball why b/c we RUSH OUR ATTACK. The players just need to chill, make a few pass' and move forward as a team .

OneLoveOneEric
04-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I think that problem starts from the back. Our defenders just kick the ball as far as they can as soon as they get it. None of them are confident enough to stop and make an intelligent pass, or to God forbid carry the ball out of our end.

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Me neither, I thought 2-0 was harsh. In the 2nd half we carried the play. I think a draw would have been more representative of the day.

Dub Narcotic
04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I wonder how many more of these disorganized and aimless looking performances have to occur before people develop a more realistic evaluation of Carver. He's ridden an English accent for long enough, and if he's winning games with his coaching, it has yet to become obvious. Toronto was beat from pillar to post by an excellent Seattle team, but the worst part was that a lot of the same old TFC motifs re-occurred: long balls to nowhere, ineffective substitutions and comical defensive errors.

Some constructive criticism: it's obvious the striker rotation is poor, so don't play two of them. The team looks best with a packed midfield and Cronin and Robinson helping out with the back four. I think the second goal, in particular, could have been prevented if there was an extra midfielder to help out, and it would allow the team to play the ball on the ground more.

The Dallas game is pretty important. It's not crisis time, but TFC has to bank three points against weak teams at home so they can afford some slipups when it's 40 degress above in Houston and they just got off an eight hour flight.

a.ungaro
04-04-2009, 07:56 PM
And smith ^

jabbronies
04-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Let's not forget, Seattle is undefeated in 3 games and haven't let in a goal!!! They are a good team. Ya we sucked today, but I wouldn't harp on this loss for more than a day or two.

tfctillidie
04-04-2009, 07:58 PM

I know what u mean...I was like yelling WTF MOVE!!!

mclaren
04-04-2009, 08:00 PM
we are the Sunderland of the MLS right now (apologies to the Black Cats).

:mad::mad::mad:

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I wonder how many more of these disorganized and aimless looking performances have to occur before people develop a more realistic evaluation of Carver. He's ridden an English accent for long enough, and if he's winning games with his coaching, it has yet to become obvious. Toronto was beat from pillar to post by an excellent Seattle team, but the worst part was that a lot of the same old TFC motifs re-occurred: long balls to nowhere, ineffective substitutions and comical defensive errors.

Some constructive criticism: it's obvious the striker rotation is poor, so don't play two of them. The team looks best with a packed midfield and Cronin and Robinson helping out with the back four. I think the second goal, in particular, could have been prevented if there was an extra midfielder to help out, and it would allow the team to play the ball on the ground more.

The Dallas game is pretty important. It's not crisis time, but TFC has to bank three points against weak teams at home so they can afford some slipups when it's 40 degress above in Houston and they just got off an eight hour flight.

If people would post criticsm like this then things would be a lot better on the forum after games. Instead of coming on here and just ranting about how shit everything is, you've done it constructively. Good on you.

Suljazz
04-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Danny created while he was out there and setup what should have been a TFC goal... All with guys hanging all over him.

I liked Vitti, terrible conditions, but he did look good out there when given the chance.

OneLoveOneEric
04-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Let's not forget, Seattle is undefeated in 3 games and haven't let in a goal!!! They are a good team. Ya we sucked today, but I wouldn't harp on this loss for more than a day or two.

For me, this is the source of the frustration. Seattle ARE a good team. They're a BETTER team.
They're better after 3 games than we are after over 2 seasons.
Very hard for me to swallow.

MFBODD
04-04-2009, 08:06 PM
^this does suck

True. Seattle is not a typical expansion team and they play very well when defending. Also, their second goal was well executed (check out the replay if you can). They moved the ball nicely to set that up. I thought the officiating blew ass, but I can't use that as an excuse.

The thing that hurts is that Seattle is good right off that bat...what up with that?

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I've said Ricketts is shite since day 1, get him to fuck, with Barrett close behind. Simply not good enough

TheWolf
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Okay first off let me state im not gunna bash the core, as the core HAS improved and looked pretty solid today,

http://i44.tinypic.com/24gviw8.gif

Are you serious....?

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-04-2009, 08:12 PM

I think JC needs to try that for one game or maybe even next game b/c the back four don't look good and maybe start Velez

Redpunkfiddle
04-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Lots are talking about the long ball game, but that came from the fact that the midfield passing was stymied by Seattle pretty consistantly. There were lots of errant passes, but Seattle did its job too. The team fell to more long balls given they couldn't get the job done through the middle.

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
For me, this is the source of the frustration. Seattle ARE a good team. They're a BETTER team.

Seattle also had a lot more time to prepare a squad then when TFC entered the league. Also, the DP makes a difference. FL is class and you could see that with his off the ball runs and his vision.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 08:33 PM
my exact words... if this was our second season.... then ok it would be understandable... But it;s the third one.. so the fact that they are nto an expansion team is not a good excuse for us... it might be for sanjose if seattle beats them. But for us... what was stopping up for stocking up players for a good team the first 2 years???

I don;t understand people who use that as an excuse... they use 2 players from old seattle sounders in the line up.... and that's it just like we got sutton and braz from montreal impact...

The inability of Mo Johnston to prepare a good team becomes more clear with every match. And i hope all those that were kissing his ass the first 2 years realize that they were wrong...

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Seattle also had a lot more time to prepare a squad then when TFC entered the league. Also, the DP makes a difference. FL is class and you could see that with his off the ball runs and his vision.
as i said before... we had 2 years to prepare.... i think that way more than seattle's expansion was announced... and what have we done in more than 2 and half years of preparing? you can judge the result on the field.... so there is no reason for us to get humiliated in the home opener....
ps: it would be nice if somebody from mo lovers could answer my question....i notice that all of you like to avoid the truth

TFC FORZA RPB
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I think JC needs to try that for one game or maybe even next game b/c the back four don't look good and maybe start Velez

I think that could and would work, I know if Danny was in as striker that would help. Last season they played the first few games with a 4-5-1 i believe and it was successful. I think Dero could fill that role as well, but I also believe putting Barrett or Vitti in that position, wouldn't be the best thing to do. Ibrahim?

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
as i said before... we had 2 years to prepare.... i think that way more than seattle's expansion was announced... and what have we done in more than 2 and half years of preparing? you can judge the result on the field.... so there is no reason for us to get humiliated in the home opener....
ps: it would be nice if somebody from mo lovers could answer my question....i notice that all of you like to avoid the truth

Seattle Sounders was an American professional soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer) team, founded in 1994. The team was a member of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division), the second tier of the American Soccer Pyramid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Soccer_Pyramid), until 2008, after which the majority of the team's staff and resources were directed to the new Major League Soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer) franchise, Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC).

So 2 years v 14 years....you be the judge.

Nyassi's play with the Gambian Under-20 National Team sparked interest among many Major League Soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer) clubs. In late 2007 Nyassi was on trial with New England Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Revolution), the club that signed his twin brother Sainey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainey_Nyassi). Following a trial spell with newly-formed Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC), Sanna became the third player signed by the club. He was subsequently loaned to Seattle Sounders (USL) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) for the remainder of the 2008 season, prior to Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC)'s MLS debut in 2009.

Read the bold and look at the rest of the players on their roster.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Seattle Sounders was an American professional soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer) team, founded in 1994. The team was a member of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division), the second tier of the American Soccer Pyramid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Soccer_Pyramid), until 2008, after which the majority of the team's staff and resources were directed to the new Major League Soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer) franchise, Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC).

Stop providing lame excuses.

If you respond by saying ... "oh oh, but LucaGol .... they had a scouting system already in place ... they knew who these players were" ...

... and I'll say ... scouting for a USL team probably equates to the coach watching the odd tapes of games here and there ... considering budgetary constraints.

But then you'll say ... "hey LucaGol ... don't be naive ... they've had their whole team together already, they had a system, they had chemistry ..."

... and I'll say what everyone else keeps saying ... 2 players carried over.

uh k ... no more :drinking:

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 08:49 PM

really ...i didn;t know that montero and ljumberg played in the sounders since 1994....
if you want to play that way.... Toronto Lynx have been founded since 1997... that;s pretty fair only 3 years difference.. we got pozniak and reda and other players that played for lynx at a time in their careers.... so it;s the same thing..
Dude just freaking admit it... Seattle Front Office is trying harder to please the fans... and they are not afraid on spending money in order to creat a soccer culture... while people like Anselmi... only poison the sport by turning fans away from the team... by doing everything just enough and trying not too spend too much money... instead of trying to push soccer ahead of the pack and make it a culture...

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Please dont get me started on Anselmi...Richard Peddy Jr...thinks he is a genius and has adds no value

Ossington Mental Youth
04-04-2009, 08:57 PM

yep and i agree with the bench Barrett/Ricketts sentiment.
Also i officially agree with Suttons distribution sucking, we need to have one of the defenders take the shots then if that is the case (and it is)

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
yep and i agree with the bench Barrett/Ricketts sentiment.
Also i officially agree with Suttons distribution sucking, we need to have one of the defenders take the shots then if that is the case (and it is)

Does he even look when he kicks?

Cause it sure just looks like he's bombing it anywhere downfield.

Shakes McQueen
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Getting ornery about the whole "Seattle are a new team, and they are already better than us!" thing is just wasted emotion, in my opinion.

I don't care how new Seattle is, or how good they are doing relative to our team two years ago. I care about how we are doing in the here and now.

There is valid dispute about whether Seattle is really an "expansion team", due to already having team infrastructure in place from the last 14 years, and using some of the same players. But that is irrelevant to us.

Three games down, twenty-seven to go. We've now seen this team at it's best (KC), it's "meh-st" (Columbus), and it's worst (Seattle). Let's try and put this behind us for now, hope Carver makes some changes to the lineup, and comes out looking to crush Dallas next weekend.

But whatever we do, let's not go for the torches and pitchforks just yet. I have faith that we haven't seen the best this team has to offer. As pissed as I was about today, I've had time to chill out, and get some perspective on all of this.

- Scott

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Stop providing lame excuses.

If you respond by saying ... "oh oh, but LucaGol .... they had a scouting system already in place ... they knew who these players were" ...

... and I'll say ... scouting for a USL team probably equates to the coach watching the odd tapes of games here and there ... considering budgetary constraints.

But then you'll say ... "hey LucaGol ... don't be naive ... they've had their whole team together already, they had a system, they had chemistry ..."

... and I'll say what everyone else keeps saying ... 2 players carried over.

uh k ... no more :drinking:

No i'd say "LucaGol, if you're going to be atrolling tit again this season, due your research and realize it was 6 players and that the franchise merely moved up a league."

Chris Eylander - In 2006, the Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division) selected Eylander with their pick in the USL First Division College Draft. He played 23 games his first season with the Sounders and twenty-seven in 2007 as Seattle took the USL-1 championship.
After much speculation, he eventually made the move 'up' to MLS expansion team Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC), signing with them on January 6, 2009.

Sebastion Le Toux - Le Toux unsuccessfully tried out for MLS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer) side FC Dallas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas), before eventually signing with the Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division) in early 2007.

Zach Scott - Scott signed with the Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division) in 2002.

Sanna Nyassi - He was subsequently loaned to Seattle Sounders (USL) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) for the remainder of the 2008 season, prior to Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC)'s MLS debut in 2009.

Roger Levesque - In February 2006, Levesque signed a year-long deal to return to Seattle Sounders. He scored two goals and three assists during the regular season and led the team in minutes played. In 2007, he was named second team All-League. At the end of the season, he served as a guest player in two exhibition games with USL-1 teams, the Vancouver Whitecaps and Portland Timbers, against MLS teams.

Taylor Graham - He was released in midway through the 2007 season and signed with his former club Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)). He then signed with Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC), a continuation of the Sounders in Major League Soccer.

OneLoveOneEric
04-04-2009, 09:01 PM

I hear you. Freddie was amazing today -- but that's also frustrating. There's nothing stopping us from having a DP, so why don't we?
He could be playing for us, you know....
But he's not. And they're still better than we are.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 09:02 PM
No i'd say "LucaGol, if you're going to be atrolling tit again this season, due your research and realize it was 6 players and that the franchise merely moved up a league."

Chris Eylander - In 2006, the Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division) selected Eylander with their pick in the USL First Division College Draft. He played 23 games his first season with the Sounders and twenty-seven in 2007 as Seattle took the USL-1 championship.
After much speculation, he eventually made the move 'up' to MLS expansion team Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC), signing with them on January 6, 2009.

Sebastion Le Toux - Le Toux unsuccessfully tried out for MLS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer) side FC Dallas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dallas), before eventually signing with the Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division) in early 2007.

Zach Scott - Scott signed with the Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) of the USL First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USL_First_Division) in 2002.

Sanna Nyassi - He was subsequently loaned to Seattle Sounders (USL) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)) for the remainder of the 2008 season, prior to Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC)'s MLS debut in 2009.

Roger Levesque - In February 2006, Levesque signed a year-long deal to return to Seattle Sounders. He scored two goals and three assists during the regular season and led the team in minutes played. In 2007, he was named second team All-League. At the end of the season, he served as a guest player in two exhibition games with USL-1 teams, the Vancouver Whitecaps and Portland Timbers, against MLS teams.

Taylor Graham - He was released in midway through the 2007 season and signed with his former club Seattle Sounders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_(USL)). He then signed with Seattle Sounders FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Sounders_FC), a continuation of the Sounders in Major League Soccer.

Nyassi ... no.

Le Toux and Scott ... I believe these are the players to whom everyone refers to.

Players who don't play in games don't affect the outcomes of games.

But thanks for coming out.

You humour me :p

gerrard73
04-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I wrote this on another board but...

I really feel that MLSE is the problem. The fact is that Seattle have owners that want to win! Drew Carey is a real football fan (or at least that's what he goes on about). I think that as long as Maple Leaf Sports puts asses in seats... they're happy. Another failing Toronto team is of no consequence to them whatsoever. We keep buying their shit, drinking their beer and renewing our season tix... that's all that matters to them! We have no DP (and I don't think we ever will anytime soon), we have a plastic pitch that won't get replaced, we have shit concessions, and I really feel that no one in head office gives a damn about winning... full stop. How does everyone else feel about that. Does anyone else feel like we're being robbed here???!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I hear you. Freddie was amazing today -- but that's also frustrating. There's nothing stopping us from having a DP, so why don't we?
He could be playing for us, you know....
But he's not. And they're still better than we are.

im not convinced that a dp would have changed todays game
cept maybe a CB dp

OneLoveOneEric
04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
im not convinced that a dp would have changed todays game
cept maybe a CB dp

Who knows?
Certainly wouldn't have made it worse....

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Nyassi ... no.

Le Toux and Scott ... I believe these are the players to whom everyone refers to.

Players who don't play in games don't affect the outcomes of games.

But thanks for coming out.

You humour me :p

Well obviously someone has never played sports. Nyassi yes....like I said, an effective troll does research.

olegunnar
04-04-2009, 09:10 PM
This ranks up with the 2008 season opener as the biggest let down yet.

What a joke.

We waited 6 months for that shit?

March 2008, I remember texting my friends from Columbus...I drove 700 km for this shit?

wtf? embarassing

Cristiano14
04-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Believe it ornot we played fairly well in the begining and if we bagged some of our early chances it would have been a completely different game, the ref also had a strong hand in the proceedings. But once seattle scored thts when we switched to our dreadful long ball tactic out of dissapointment and desperation. Don't be too negative though, we were playing very well in Kansas and in Columbus. It may be too early but Seattle looks like a serious contender this year. Ricketts can no longer start, he is not even alive on the pitch he doesnt even show any passion. Barret on the other hand still has some potential, but Dichio shud start he lifts the whole team and had a great partner ship with vitti, which resulted in a GOAL, fuck the ref.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Well obviously someone has never played sports. Nyassi yes....like I said, an effective troll does research.

Omg ... lol

Ya ... Roger Levesque was the reason Seattle outclassed TFC today in every way possible.

Good one.

Why are you digging yourself into this hole?

reggie
04-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Where the fuck is MO anyway....we never hear a peep from him anymore...

Corcai
04-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow, Imagine the responses if we had lost the two matches the Odds makers thought we should have.

Small bump in a long road. I've still got a great feeling about this season.

Oblio2
04-04-2009, 09:14 PM

he doesnt play, he's not the coach. What exactly are you expecting from him?

windsorlad111
the ref also had a strong hand in the proceedings.

stop blaming the ref. that's fucking lame. the ref didn't score the two goals.

wzhxvy

Collecting a pay check....

Oblio2
04-04-2009, 09:15 PM

H was shit. too many botched calls.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:17 PM
H was shit. too many botched calls.

so what. if he botched calls and we had bagged 3 goals it wouldn;t matter. I am fed up of people blaming refs when their teams are shit. and we were shit today.

reggie
04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
he doesnt play, he's not the coach. What exactly are you expecting from him?
maybe the odd good player...
we trade our best CB (not saying much there)you better have a replacement signed and sealed..

Oblio2
04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
so what. if he botched calls and we had bagged 3 goals it wouldn;t matter. I am fed up of people blaming refs when their teams are shit. and we were shit today.

That makes no sense. He messed up a lot of calls. We lost.
I agree, we were shit but having a retarded ref doesnt help

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Omg ... lol

Ya ... Roger Levesque was the reason Seattle outclassed TFC today in every way possible.

Good one.

Why are you digging yourself into this hole?

Think outside the box trolly troll....did you ever play a team sport where players who didn't play were just as important as those who did? I know you are probably one of those me me me players but think about AAALLLLL of your teammates!

Oblio2
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
maybe the odd good player...
we trade our best CB (not saying much there)you better have a replacement signed and sealed..

Fair enough. We do need a CB and we were promised a DP.

Corcai
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Oblio2,

He wasn't the one who made two deposits today either was he? The ref was shite, but to be fair he was impartially shite. Corner given for a shot off the post?, oh yeah TFC got the corner.

Great show by the supporters though, First class all the way.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:22 PM

no it doesn't. but I would expect us to be in a position where that shouldn't matter. we were toilet. and on the subject of toilets... we were most disappointed to find that we no longer have hand towels in our toilet at 111, instead they have installed two shitty air dryers which couldn't dry a gerbils bum in a heatwave. fucking lame.

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2009, 09:22 PM

I was looking for you in 110...couldn't find you....I had a pint with your name on it!

Oblio2
04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Oblio2,

He wasn't the one who made two deposits today either was he? The ref was shite, but to be fair he was impartially shite. Corner given for a shot off the post?, oh yeah TFC got the corner.

From where I was, I have no idea why our goal was called back and am unsure if that was the right call so, that would influence the game. Being 1 goal down would have been better than 2

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
no it doesn't. but I would expect us to be in a position where that shouldn't matter. we were toilet. and on the subject of toilets... we were most disappointed to find that we no longer have hand towels in our toilet at 111, instead they have installed two shitty air dryers which couldn't dry a gerbils bum in a heatwave. fucking lame.

gerbils bum in a heatwave !!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA

Oblio2
04-04-2009, 09:24 PM
I was looking for you in 110...couldn't find you....I had a pint with your name on it!

Sorry Brother. Was in 127 (for the first time ) today...Another time we'll have pints together

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 09:24 PM
your stuborness and biasness... is something out of this world.... Are you freaking kidding me? I think we should definetly shift the blame on the guys who didn;t play today... because the guys who played today had nothing to do with it was all Velez fault that we lost... or maybe it was the guy who washes the jerseys fault... yea he definetly put too much starch on those shirt cause the guys couldn;t more for shit on the field...

Corcai
04-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Agreed,

Still scratching my head over that one. Watching at home.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:29 PM
can someone translate the above two posts please?

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I felt sorry for the poor kids at the start. they must have bben frozen. also, in 111 quite alot of us noticed a girl in the corner of 110 who was in a t-shirt for the whole match. WTF? I was in my winter coat with hat and scarf and I was still freezing my knackers off.

hats off to you lady miracle TFC supporter!

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:32 PM
(or 112.. never get that right)

Corcai
04-04-2009, 09:33 PM
windsorlad111,

Apparently ua-kozak TFC thinks you and Velez lost the match today for forgetting to add the bounce sheet to the last load of laundry to the dryer.

Thanks windsorlad111.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:39 PM
it's my fault. last time I went shopping I didn't buy Bounce. I bought Kirkland's equivalent at Costco.

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 09:41 PM

But he did inhibit us from getting back in the game. Several times. I would say highlighting his ineptitude is appropriate.

Yeah our defence failed us. But I would say offensively at least, we had a chance. Until that little gimp in yellow decided he doens't like Canadian teams.

Corcai
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Or hand balls

London
04-04-2009, 09:49 PM
crazy thought but , could a sweeper still work in the MLS???

bgnewf
04-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Just got home after a few wobbly pops at the Duke. A few non-organized thoughts on the match in no particular order.

1) Barret is having a real crisis of confidence. He literally looks like he clenches up the moment he has an opportunity to get an open look at the goal. The boy needs a blowjob or something before the games start. FFS he has to loosen up or he is not worth the risk to start.

2) The team played much better when two things started in the second half...Dichio came on and did what he does well, set up shot up at the top of the box and turns his back to goal, gets the ball on his chest and provides service to his team mates.....and Wynne started getting more involved on the flank.

3) Seattle is the real deal. Well organized and solid. Dare I say it Marshall looked better in green today than he ever looked in red. Perhaps Sigi knows how to coach defenders beter than Carver does.

4) Get on the fucking phone Mo and get us a real centre back please. Kevin Harmse is a reserve defensive midfielder at best. He is not a centre back, not even in a league that generally has shitty centre backs on virtually every side.

5) Ricketts was a non entity today. That makes two games in a row. He needs to get it together or he needs to ride the pines

6) Vitti is a real poacher. He has great instincts that looked evident today, especially in the second half. If we can figure out a way to get him service he will be good or 10+ this season.

7) The cold sucked the life out of the ground today. It took horrible officiating to get the crowd even remotely animated

Roogsy
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I liked watching Vitti and even though he didn't produce, he was probably the most dangerous player in red today.

My biggest problem today is the fact that we didn't see the team setup any diagonal runs for him??? And yet Seattle was killing us with diagonal runs today.

Markham_RPB
04-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I liked watching Vitti and even though he didn't produce, he was probably the most dangerous player in red today.

My biggest problem today is the fact that we didn't see the team setup any diagonal runs for him??? And yet Seattle was killing us with diagonal runs today.

Check "John Carver Post-Game press conference thread "

Stryker
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Wynne started getting more involved on the flank.

Yes and a couple of times he was still in Seattles end as they were on the edge of our box. Wynne needs to learn to choose his runs better.

Harmse is a fucking liability everytime hes on the pitch. Last week he was disinterested this week he blew his temper and nearly got red carded again. As soon as we get our CB we need to part ways with him.

Rohan Ricketts.... what an amazing person. Im sure hes a great team mate. A shame he's forgotton how to play football.
If you count the preseason thats what... 6 games we've seem absolutely NOTHING of value from him?

DeRo is the heart of team. He plays his ass off and works harder than any other two players on the pitch. Today though he tried to put on a show.
Tried going through two defenders multiple times and got nowhere. Don't know what the hell he was thinking.

Serioux is still the man. Just had a bad game and Freddy made him pay dearly.

Only players who earned their paychecks today were named Dichio and Vitti.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Today though he tried to put on a show..

This. THIS !!!

WE don't need players to put on a show. WE need players to play as part of a team. PLAY AS A TEAM!

string passes! make runs! give and go!

STOP TRYING TO BE A FUCKING TFC HERO!

Nuvinho
04-04-2009, 10:15 PM
I froze my ass off to watch that pathetic display.

Horrible effort, it reminded me of a team we had last year.

btw, the ref is the same ref in the Dallas game last year that gave Amado the red card??

dag
04-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Today for me was truly the worst footy weather I've endured. I foolishly decided not to wear my thermals today. BRRRRR!!!!!

Stryker
04-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Well I know its almost stupidly early to even think about next weeks line up but after todays game next week is about the only positive thing we'll have for the weekend.
Based on games last week and today I'd like to see something completely new and fresh for our next one.
If I was Carver this would be my line up.

-------------Frei--------------
Wynne---Velez--Serioux---Gala
Cronin-----Robinson----Brennen
-------Guevara--DeRosario-----
-------------Vitti--------------

Never gonna happen though. JC lives for the 4-4-2

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 11:24 PM
For those blaming the ref.

Suppose we got the penalty? What do you think would've happened? Oh that's right, our string of shite penalty takers would've blasted one to the CN Tower.

He was awful, but we were worse.

Fushida
04-04-2009, 11:26 PM
he did seem to switch to a 4 3 3 in the 2nd half. but i don't see JC playing gala. for whatever reason the kid just gets no time. dichio and vitti would be an interesting set up to start though...

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
For those blaming the ref.

Suppose we got the penalty? What do you think would've happened? Oh that's right, our string of shite penalty takers would've blasted one to the CN Tower.

He was awful, but we were worse.

Both teams were awful, but the ref was shite. It was an overall shitcake roll.

Rhapido
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM

Vitti is going to be a strong player for us this year. You can see this kid has skill on the ball. Liking him a lot more than Barrett right about now.

Rhapido
04-04-2009, 11:53 PM
You'd think after they realized the wind was blowing against them in the 2nd half the long balls would stop. Maybe my expectations are too high but how many balls in the air did we actually win?! Jaqua owned our back line, and we got nothing offensively until Dichio came on.

How is that Dichio is our slowest forward and yet, when he comes on the field, things always seem to start to open up offensively and we start creating opportunities at goal where previously we had virtually nothing going on?

Stryker
04-04-2009, 11:56 PM
What did people think of DeRo's shove?
Good that he defended a teammate or too hot headed?

Dirk Diggler
04-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm tired of ppl bitching about the ref every game. If the referees in this league are bad (which they are) they are bad for everyone .... not just us. That does not mean that I'm condoning shit officiating but many make it seem as if the ref is the primary reason for our loss of points.

And today's game was horrendous. Felt like throwing up after wards. What a bunch of bollocks. Vitti was the only one who inspired any confidence in me. Was also glad to see Cronin on the pitch after Rohan was yanked. That kid is going to be better than Robinson in the future ... especially with his distribution. Dichio was also good when he came on ... although I fear that he may not be able to contribute at the same level for more than 45 minutes ... which is why having an absolute pylon in Barrett is such a kick in the balls. I'm just glad that Montero wasn't here to rape, so to speak, TFC today on the pitch. The score line could have been a lot worse.

Stryker
04-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Ref robbed Vitti of his first goal for Toronto and MLS.
FACT.

Roogsy
04-05-2009, 12:06 AM
And I am tired of people bitching about us pointing out a valid failing of the game.

Listen...if you can point to a play where a goal was robbed from Seattle. I would be fine.

But when you not only get a valid goal taken back but also more opportunities closed down because of bad refereeing, asking us to overlook it is like asking someone to remove a steaknife from their eyeball.

jloome
04-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Well I know its almost stupidly early to even think about next weeks line up but after todays game next week is about the only positive thing we'll have for the weekend.
Based on games last week and today I'd like to see something completely new and fresh for our next one.
If I was Carver this would be my line up.

-------------Frei--------------
Wynne---Velez--Serioux---Gala
Cronin-----Robinson----Brennen
-------Guevara--DeRosario-----
-------------Vitti--------------

Never gonna happen though. JC lives for the 4-4-2

I'd switch Gala and Brennan, but otherwise good. Gala was better last year at midfield.

We have lineup issues unless we get Dero Central. this accomplishes that.

I think we all know the issues, though:
*we need a central defender,
*we need a pair of decent strikers,
*we need Harmse off.
*Serioux was a much better holding midfielder than he'll ever be a defender (getting burned on that give and go by underwear boy was just kinda sad)
* and Johann Smith should never have been moved to the wing at Bolton. He's Eddie Johnson, only younger. Can beat one guy and sprint. That says young, rough striker to me, not 'guy you might need to invigorate your midfield."

Additionally, I believe many of us suspect Rohan Ricketts to be a nice sort of chap who ..what? Lacks confidence? Is bubbleheaded and lets his commmunity work take his concentration off work? Just doesn't care enough? Tonight, I had to wonder. I've been watching this guy play since he was a kid, but he's never looked more lacking in confidence and out of the "one step ahead" zone a skill player needs to be in than he did today. Just terrible.

Same with Barrett.

Fuck it. Can we play Gomez yet? At least if he gets beaten like a schoolyard chump we can blame the fact that he's 18.

Roogsy
04-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I am an avid Ricketts supporter. But today, he was shit. Absolutely invisible.

Barrett right now couldn't hit the side of an airplane hangar.

But I know one thing...Johann Smith is not the answer. He is average at best.

Harmse needs to be on the bench doing crossword puzzles. End of story.

Stryker
04-05-2009, 12:09 AM
My thinking was that moving Brennen to mid would give him opprotunity to provide more quality crosses as well as eliminate the "big boot" downfield.

Stryker
04-05-2009, 12:13 AM

I hate to toot my own horn but after the missed chances in KC I knew Barrett would be a write off for about four games and said as much.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-05-2009, 12:13 AM
What did people think of DeRo's shove?
Good that he defended a teammate or too hot headed?

I loved that :canada:

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Ref robbed Vitti of his first goal for Toronto and MLS.
FACT.

I got home to see that play again and my god did the ref mess that up.

Dirk Diggler
04-05-2009, 12:24 AM
And I am tired of people bitching about us pointing out a valid failing of the game.

Listen...if you can point to a play where a goal was robbed from Seattle. I would be fine.

But when you not only get a valid goal taken back but also more opportunities closed down because of bad refereeing, asking us to overlook it is like asking someone to remove a steaknife from their eyeball.

How can you guarantee that Vitti would have scored if the ref had not called a foul? Watching the replay, it seems to me as if the two defenders and Keller let up completely once they heard the whistle. And even if you consider that a goal, we still lose 2-1 with a very poor performance none the less.

Blizzard
04-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Oblio2,

Ya that corner really made up for the botched call on Dichio on the non-goal by Vitti.

Blizzard
04-05-2009, 12:30 AM
I got home to see that play again and my god did the ref mess that up.

Ya if anything, Dichio was standing there waiting for the ball and the defender bumped him ... and either way, it was the most minor of shoulder bumps.

It should have been a non-call either way.

Totally baffling.

B

Blizzard
04-05-2009, 12:31 AM
How can you guarantee that Vitti would have scored if the ref had not called a foul? Watching the replay, it seems to me as if the two defenders and Keller let up completely once they heard the whistle. And even if you consider that a goal, we still lose 2-1 with a very poor performance none the less.

Your point is valid but you're ignoring the momentum factor. One goal can seriously change the tempo and flow of a game. Fighting for a tieing goal in the 90th minute is not the same as being 2 nil down in the 90th minute.

Dirk Diggler
04-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Your point is valid but you're ignoring the momentum factor. One goal can seriously change the tempo and flow of a game. Fighting for a tieing goal in the 90th minute is not the same as being 2 nil down in the 90th minute.

I didn't ignore the momentum factor. The way I see it, the shift of momentum would have only achieved more strings of botched passes and unproductive runs ... a whole lot of nothing in essence. Not to mention that I'm not convinced our back four would have been able to prevent Seattle from scoring another goal on the counter.

Wagner
04-05-2009, 12:43 AM
3 games in....30 something to go (when you include Voyagers cups) + playoffs....
we'll destroy dallas next week and everything will be back to normal.

Stryker
04-05-2009, 12:46 AM
We shall see.
Zero goals in the last two games has me worried.

Saganiuk
04-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Brutal display by Harmse and Serioux, they only person on the pitch worst was the Ref and the CBC sideline reporter. The halftime interview with barrett was priceless. I can't remember what he said exactly, but I think the words "ya dumb a$$" would have fit in nicely at the end.

The ref was gad awful thought, and really, a windy day like that and we didn't have anyone on the pitch, until Dichio came in anyway, that knew how to fight for a ball in the air.

I see a lot of posts about Vitti , I saw nothing out of him that makes me think he should have started.

Dichio with D Ri slotted in behind, that's how I'd play it. I mean really Guevara and D Ro were playing baciscally the same position and neither were able to do it well having to deal with the other one.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Firstly let me say that i want a Strong, Skilled CB!!! throw some money at it MoJo!!!

Secondly VELEZ over Harmse!!

Thirdly, what the fuck was ricketts doing out there today!?? Counting how many people in the stands!?

Seriously i have been expecting WAY more from Ricketts!!, I'm very sorry to say this but.....Ricketts needs to be traded that salary is waaaayyyy too much for what he produces...

I love what he does off the field, but seriously DO SOMETHING!!! Start Producing for once in your life!!!

AL-MO
04-05-2009, 01:51 AM
I only watched the first half, but it seemed Ricketts was trying to dribble through everyone at every opportunity.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-05-2009, 02:05 AM
such a frustrating day.....

Cashcleaner
04-05-2009, 02:16 AM
^ Personally, I found most frustrating was the fact that Seattle could so effectively shut down our attack by swarming the player with possession and completely cut off their passing channels. Yet, when we were defending we were giving Seattle so much more space and maneuvering room. Now THAT pissed me off.

RicoSuave44
04-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Have to admit, Seattle is class. They clearly were the superior side today.
Silly mistakes aside, weather aside, they knew exactly what they were doing, we didn't!
Long ball, kick and run, f*cking up golden opportunities. Even if we had of capitalized on chances, we still looked awful in offense and D.
I'm not gonna hold any one player or staffer responsible. It was a team loss. Maybe Seattle is just too good. Maybe we have been that bad. We could bounce back and thrash FCD next week.
I'm just as dissapointed with the fans as the team. No excuse for that exodus today. Part time supporters killed any chance of a comeback. At the home opener no less! Just a totally depressing day all in all.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2009, 05:08 AM
I am an avid Ricketts supporter. But today, he was shit. Absolutely invisible.

But I know one thing...Johann Smith is not the answer. He is average at best.

Yeah
id like to see a 4-3-3 next game and i dont think its out of order if JC benches Ricketts and Barrett

--------------Sutton---------
Wynne----Serioux--Harmse/Velez--Brennan
Cronin--------Guevara--------Robbo
Vitti----------DeRo----------Dichio

Could be an effective possibility

MUFC_Niagara
04-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Yeah
id like to see a 4-3-3 next game and i dont think its out of order if JC benches Ricketts and Barrett

--------------Sutton---------
Wynne----Serioux--Harmse/Velez--Brennan
Cronin--------Guevara--------Robbo
--------------Dichio------------------
---Vitti--------------------DeRo

Could be an effective possibility

Don't mind that but i'd like to see Dichio central as target man. If we are going to play the long ball then Dichio must stay a bit deeper and win the aerial battle.

Stugatzo
04-05-2009, 05:54 AM
A few points in the light of a new day...
We were shit.
The ref was mega-fucking shit.
Vitti and Barrett continue to disappoint.
Seattle was good and better.
Ljunberg was solid.
My head hurts.

Shakes McQueen
04-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Three games down, twenty-seven to go.

Time to look forward to the next match, and hope the needed changes are made to the starting lineup.

I'm not ready to throw the entire season out the window, and go for my torch and pitch fork, because of one massively disappointing result at home. Save that for later, if they still deserve it.

When the dust settles on this shitty game, we are still 1-1-1 after three rounds. Let's get the offensive mojo we had in KC back, and crush Dallas two weeks in a row.

The whole team was terrible yesterday, and they know it. Piling on them all week, is just going to be an exercise in madness on our part.

Onward.

- Scott

Talorcan
04-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Don't mind that but i'd like to see Dichio central as target man. If we are going to play the long ball then Dichio must stay a bit deeper and win the aerial battle.
I agree with you they were much more effective when Carver put Dicchio in. After all he knows his limitations and tries to pass to his fellow players.
As far as the rest of the game goes:

TFC thought Seattle would roll over.
TFC has been reading too many of their own press clippings.
Sigi always has coached a good passing ball possesion game showing calm determined patience. (TFC take note)
5 allowed goals in 3 games is a huge wakeup call.
(maybe TFC can get Maldini from AC Milan on loan it would be a huge improvement even at 40 he is better than what we have):pbjtime:
MLS refs :deadhorse:

TFC players don't help the team by verbally confronting them en masse.