PDA

View Full Version : Bill Archer ... on It's Called Football

Ben Knight
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Yes, the quiet, non-controversial kitten of Columbus will be part of a cordial mutual-appreciation session with Rycroft, Knight and Rollins on Saturday at noon on ThisChannel.com.

Paul Beirne from TFC at 12:15, Bill Archer right after.

What could possibly go wrong?

Big grin // Ben

Cashcleaner
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Why give this guy a soapbox?!

Flipityflu
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
have fun with that Ben :)

Brooker
04-03-2009, 07:49 PM
dont give this guy the attention.

BC101
04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Why give this guy a soapbox?!
co signed

ilikemusic
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Toronto FC is the greatest thing to ever happen to Bill Archer

Marc"2L"
04-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah I'm curious as to how this will go. But I agree with the idea that we probably shouldn't be giving this guy any sort of recognition.

Ben Knight
04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
There is a reason, folks.

billyfly
04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
^ See I told you. They are gonna club him. Atta boy Ben!

Ben Knight
04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
We're going to debate him. We'll see how he does with people he can't lie to.

DOMIN8R
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Good luck with that. How much for a ringside seat?

Flipityflu
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM
debate...you should just waterboard him until he admits his mistakes.

SLBuu
04-03-2009, 08:41 PM
wont be able to listen live, is there a way to listen after the initial air time?

Detroit_TFC
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Actually, when he's not talking about TFC or Columbus, Archer's stuff on BS is not too bad.

:hide:

James Oliphant
04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Actually, when he's not talking about TFC or Columbus, Archer's stuff on BS is not too bad.

:hide:

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50297130/Soap.jpg
^^ Wash your mouth out with it.

dantdot
04-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Well it'll be interesting to say the least :)

Nawsh
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Two words.

Holy. Shit.

Given his choice words for Duane ... batter up.

H Bomb
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
seems all you need to do is be a cunt and you've got the full attention of the Toronto news media

TorCanSoc
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
...Bill Archer, can you get Cathal Kelly, Bob McClown as well? Then Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney (sp?) to talk about how right they were during their reign of terror.

I refuse to give Archer any time, even if its to hear him being challenged.

Pachuco
04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
There is a reason, folks.

He's the mysterious CB we've been waiting for, I knew it...

Cunt Bag

From the Urban Dictionary - Shithead, vicious, evil person that represents a manifestation of all that is wrong with the world...

MG42
04-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I hope that you have your game on because if you lose an an argument with Bill Archer, you're done :lol:

Stryker
04-03-2009, 09:36 PM
seems all you need to do is be a cunt and you've got the full attention of the Toronto news media
True story.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-03-2009, 09:47 PM
i can honestly say that this guy is the reason i started hating columbus, god i hate him, gotta say its a good move getting him on the show

BC101
04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
debate...you should just waterboard him until he admits his mistakes.
Signing on for this idea....

MUFC_Niagara
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Who is Bill Archer? Ok what am I missing......Gareth Wheeler along with this chap, i've seriously never heard of either of them!

Ageroo
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Who is Bill Archer? Ok what am I missing......Gareth Wheeler along with this chap, i've seriously never heard of either of them!

I don't know if I believe you or not.....:noidea:

MUFC_Niagara
04-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't know if I believe you or not.....:noidea:
Dead serious man....honestly

S_D
04-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I didn't know whether to believe you or not either lol.

He is a blogger and Columbus troll on big soccer. Hates the thought of a Canadian team in the MLS, hates Concacaf, umm pretty well anything I think of. Come to think of it I am not sure he has been positive about anything.

H Bomb
04-03-2009, 10:28 PM
His opinion is useless Tim...giving him airtime would be like giving Joe the Plummer a TV show......oh wait

S_D
04-03-2009, 10:37 PM
well I have to admit whenever I am nosing around on big soccer I can't resist looking for his latest rant. I need the entertainment.

Ageroo
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM
He is entertaining...that's for sure!

MUFC_Niagara
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM

He is a blogger and Columbus troll on big soccer. Hates the thought of a Canadian team in the MLS, hates Concacaf, umm pretty well anything I think of. Come to think of it I am not sure he has been positive about anything.

Ya I got banned from Big Soccer a while ago for fightin with Crew fans....probably why I don't know him.

the-lower-eastsider
04-03-2009, 10:55 PM
dont think that thischannel.com is online yet? or am i missin somethin?
sir lump-a-lot

Roogsy
04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
If you're going to have him on...make sure he gets taken to task for all his unreasonable psychotic rantings that do nobody any good but his own ego. If he gets softballed, I'll be pissed.

noochie
04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
JC would shoosh him ;)

Blizzard
04-04-2009, 12:14 AM
We're going to debate him. We'll see how he does with people he can't lie to.

You're going to send 50,000 volts down the telephone line?

Blizzard
04-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Most of us hate CONCACAF too!

James Oliphant
04-04-2009, 12:42 AM
dont think that thischannel.com is online yet? or am i missin somethin?
sir lump-a-lot

Pretty sure Ben meant to say ThatChannel.com, Craiger.

http://thatchannel.com/calledfootball

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 01:58 AM
You want to debate him? Are you kidding Ben?

If you say anything remotely true that pins him against his own bullshit I'll bet he hangs up faster then a poor man after some expensive phone sex.

NF-FC
04-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Toronto FC is the greatest thing to ever happen to Bill Archer

maybe second greatest behind jack warner

Ossington Mental Youth
04-04-2009, 03:55 AM
If you're going to have him on...make sure he gets taken to task for all his unreasonable psychotic rantings that do nobody any good but his own ego. If he gets softballed, I'll be pissed.

YES
I agree 100%
NO softball what so ever

King Jeff
04-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Car crash radio. Huzzah!

billyfly
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Its on now.

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
hes a fuckin idiot :)
pro american idiot :)

maninb
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
OMFG!!!! What a f*cking WANKER!!!! Archer makes McClown look like an impartial genius! He REFUSED to answer a direct question....my favorite...TFC supporters money won't be missed if they refuse to come to Columbus because they caused SO MUCH DAMAGE that it offset the money they spent!!! How can you ounter such LIES!!! He's either doing this to wind people up or he's actually delusional!

billyfly
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
At the end of the day mistakes have been made on both sides. The problem with Archer is that he ALWAYS comes across as having that extra venom for Toronto.

He can have his opinions, its just that the way he delivers his messages (tone, choice of words etc). His writings are laced with some extra dislike (bordering on hatred) for TFC and Toronto.

Mikey
04-04-2009, 12:36 PM
He's a first class asshole, hates Canada, not just TFC. Doesn't think Canadian based teams should be allowed in the US league.

Fuck him

atlanticTFCfan
04-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Ben Knight, you are the fucking MAN!

You and the boys made Bill Archer sound like the fucking propaganda tool that he is. He doesn't get it, and sadly never will.

What a myopic fuck Bill Archer is.

And BTW, just so you know, he and his myopians are claiming victory, like myopic fucks do: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991477

The truth about you sucks, doesn't it, Bill?

Razcle
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
His comments about Canadian Teams coming in here and displacing americans from jobs in soccer is absurd. Hell, if bids like Miami, St.Louis and Atlanta weren't a bunch of wankers, there wouldn't be a TFC or Whitecaps in the league. And if he is referring to Americans players looking for a place to play; there are 18 teams in the league starting 2011 add that to the 12-14 USL1 teams, if these kids who he is referring to can't find a place to play, than they are definitely not good enough for professional soccer in this continent. Sad fact of reality that is seen in every other sport Bill-ium.

Chevy
04-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Taking jobs from american soccer players? Where the heck did that come from?!

Who wants to bet Bill Archer has a bomb shelter in his basement?

Nazzer
04-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Did I miss Archer? I was curiously really wanting to see him to see what he would say in person face to face with TFC fans.

Chevy
04-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Can anyone provide a link to the discussion or a summary of some sort?

Edit:found it myself...
http://thatradio.podhoster.com/index.php?sid=1765&pid=11712

Nazzer
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Can anyone provide a link to the discussion or a summary of some sort?

http://thatchannel.com/

Chevy
04-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Listed to the podcast. Overall pretty boring stuff, and Archer I must say handled himself well and seemed better prepared than the others.

In the grand scheme of things, not really worth a listen.

My 2cents.

James17930
04-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Is he actually a journalist or does he just write on Big Soccer?

djking2
04-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Listed to the podcast. Overall pretty boring stuff, and Archer I must say handled himself well and seemed better prepared than the others.

Agreed.

SweetOwnGoal
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Sorry for the delay...

Here it is. (http://www.24thminute.com/2009/04/archer-vs-its-called-football.html) Archer starts at 30:33.

SweetOwnGoal
04-05-2009, 10:19 PM

In the grand scheme of things, not really worth a listen.

My 2cents.

What did you find boring?

Roogsy
04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
What a goof.

And he is exactly what I thought he would be. An old, humourless xenophobic bully. That talks over everyone and fails to answer questions directly that don't suit his point.

Complaining about the banners? Calling then "provocative"? Really? When their boards were full of threats leading up to the match? No...he doesn't address that.

That whole "fans can't leave by the north end" was garbage. There are several exits and the fact of the matter is that TFC fans voluntarily stayed behind while we chanted and then watched the press conference from our seats. And the "Hooligans" were STILL waiting for us at the bottom well well after the game had ended.

He excuses his own fans and villainizes TFC fans. But fails to admit he is prejudiced. Ass.

Smoke bombs? Ooooh...I feel unsafe.

It's almost like he was complaining Toronto fans brought atmosphere. He actually defended the fact that Columbus has to sell to "moms and kids" to survive. Yeah? That's exactly because you don't allow atmosphere jackass. And guess what...those moms and kids don't develop any loyalty. To them...it's an afternoon out. They are the fairweather fans that don't return when they are needed the most.

And the most important point of all, which neither commentator pointed out and should not have been overlooked. Archer basically says TFC fans added no monetary value to the Crew. A ridiculously ignorant point of view with so many failings I don't even know where to start so I won't. But there is one undeniable fact. TFC fans showing up Columbus fans is the defining moment in Crew supporters history. Without us...it would still be 15 guys getting together for Star Trek viewings at their little bar. The support they have now would not be there because of us and they put an extra effort to get fans out just to not be embarrassed by us. And they STILL can't bring in more than 12,000. So if you don't want to have 10% of the paying crowd there...we will gladly oblige. You know why we can bring 2000 fans and have no problems getting tickets? Because those "moms and kids" you are trying so hard to market to...they aren't showing up to the games EVEN BEFORE THERE WAS ANY TROUBLE! Of course, now he is pinning those troubles as the reason why the moms and kids won't show up. Why didn't they show up before there was trouble? LOL! What a load a crap.

(By the way, I LOVE how he twists facts or outright lies about them. If he really thinks there were only 1200 TFC fans in Columbus he's a bigger idiot than we already know. It is obvious he is lying about the number to intentionally reduce the perception of our impact because it is well known by simple calculations that there were at least 1500 TFC there if not 2000 and that would mean we comprised well over 10% if not 20% of the paid attendance of that game. No successful business model or franchise would dare kiss off that percentage of paying fans for the gate, no matter what the mighty Bill Archer claims. The gate, concessions and parking were a massive infusion of money for the Crew. And that doesn't even mention the tourism value for the city we brought. He is so full of shit.)

Chevy
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
What did you find boring?

Pretty much the whole thing.

The conversation didn't enlighten at all, added no value and really didn't identify any way to improve on the "issues" we continue to have when visiting Columbus.

Fort York Redcoat
04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
What I took from this was that Bill Archer IS ignorant even when confronted on the phoone for his shoddy journalism. If one didn't know who he was than one couldn't appreciate the convo.

Thanks to the 2 Bens and Duane.

djking2
04-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Pretty much the whole thing.

The conversation didn't enlighten at all, added no value and really didn't identify any way to improve on the "issues" we continue to have when visiting Columbus.

I thought the only enlightening comments did come from Archer, particularly when lacking any intelligent rebuttle to his remarks Rollins and Knight resorted to chanting him down over the phone. Pathetic