PDA

View Full Version : Onward! - And on these streets this morning ...

Ben Knight
04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Just some final thoughts on the whole mess:

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/04/02/and-on-these-streets-this-morning/

See you Saturday // Ben

BFin
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
very well written peice Ben...as always.

Parkdale
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I live in a seething cauldron?

I thought it was just ox-tail stew.

MTomas
04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
IT was nice knowing you Columbus. Hope you learn your lesson

Well said Ben

Continue the excellent writing

Parkdale
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
hmmm.... where should the Crew move to?

Arizona?
Florida?
Ottawa?
Nevada?

mclaren
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
As I write this, TFC supporters’ groups are finalizing a formal response to the city of Columbus, Ohio, and its threat-happy police force. It’s simple, practical, and will cost the Columbus Crew soccer team and their city a fair chunk of money. Details to follow soon.

veeeery interesting.

Ben Knight
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Parky, you ARE a seething cauldron. I've seen your foosball chops. it's just a matter of time ... till ... it ... goes ... OFF!!!!!!

Wonky grin // Ben

ginkster88
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
As I write this, TFC supporters’ groups are finalizing a formal response to the city of Columbus, Ohio, and its threat-happy police force. It’s simple, practical, and will cost the Columbus Crew soccer team and their city a fair chunk of money. Details to follow soon.

veeeery interesting.

Am I the only one who thinks that it will be a total boycott of TFC games in Columbus?

maninb
04-02-2009, 11:51 AM
The inane tactics of the Crew stadium security dopes and the Columbus cops will cost them and the city about $350,000 by my reckoning...

jloome
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Just some final thoughts on the whole mess:

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/04/02/and-on-these-streets-this-morning/

See you Saturday // Ben

Very nicely said. It's a bit more complicated than just mammoth overhead (it isn't mammoth, and the Sun still makes very healthy profits), but that's a key issue for the industry as a whole and the response so far is definitely in the vein you've described.

Nice alliteration, too.

scooter
04-02-2009, 12:02 PM
no its a crying shame that our boys will have to go to play on the road without any support because these clowns in columbus cant get their shit together

i have been thinking about it all week and keeping my mouth shut because i am not a road warrior but the only peacefull method of showing columbus that they are a big joke is to

MAKE SURE NOT ONE NOT ONE SUPPORTER GOES TO THE NEXT GAME

that is the only way to make a statement to columbus and mls the only bad part is it hurts our team

Joe Kool
04-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that it will be a total boycott of TFC games in Columbus?

That's what I was thinking too. The only way to make a statement that will have any effect is to hit them in the pocket books somehow. Otherwise, they won't bother changing a thing to make things better. I would love to see what would happen if everyone boycotted the next one. I am sure the team would understand that it's not that we don't want to support them on the road and it's more of a message to Columbus to step it up to make it safer for travelling fans.

Mark in Ottawa
04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
And to think I just get to live in the city with the big "political cauldron"...
You guys have all the fun :(

Redcoe15
04-02-2009, 12:36 PM

Arizona?
Florida?
Ottawa?
Nevada?
MONTRÉAL!!! :hump: :D

Mark in Ottawa
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I am sure the team would understand that it's not that we don't want to support them on the road and it's more of a message to Columbus to step it up to make it safer for travelling fans.

I can see the storyline now...

"The MLS supporters of Toronto FC announced today that as a sign of solidarity with their team they have decided NOT to travel to Columbus Ohio for the upcoming game between Toronto FC and the Columbus Crew.

The TFC supporters felt that erroneous reporting regarding the last visit of the supporters as well as inept management by the Columbus Police and the Columbus MLS franchise meant that passing on the road trip was in order.

Instead the supporters are donating the funds they would have spent on their road trip to one of the recognized charities supported by Toronto FC.

TFC supporters will gather for their usual tailgate party outside BMO field and then march en-masse to a number of downtown establishments to watch the game on TV and cheer on their football team".

Shaughno
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
no its a crying shame that our boys will have to go to play on the road without any support because these clowns in columbus cant get their shit together

i have been thinking about it all week and keeping my mouth shut because i am not a road warrior but the only peacefull method of showing columbus that they are a big joke is to

MAKE SURE NOT ONE NOT ONE SUPPORTER GOES TO THE NEXT GAME

that is the only way to make a statement to columbus and mls the only bad part is it hurts our team

That was my advice after last year's debacle. Then when it was "Should we go to KC or Columbus" I offered the same advice. Shame no one listened. Boris and I spoke at lengths about this on our way back from KC, sadly, everything we said would happen, happened... aside from the win. :p

Kevvv
04-02-2009, 12:53 PM
That was my advice after last year's debacle. Then when it was "Should we go to KC or Columbus" I offered the same advice. Shame no one listened. Boris and I spoke at lengths about this on our way back from KC, sadly, everything we said would happen, happened... aside from the win. :p

Did you also speak about it on the drive to Ohio? :D

Rudi
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
LOL :D

Official response upcoming...

Shaughno
04-02-2009, 12:58 PM

As a matter of fact, no. I believe most of the drive TO Ohio was filled with dirty sex stories and pointless conversations :lol:

Dave67
04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
As a matter of fact, no. I believe most of the drive TO Ohio was filled with dirty sex stories and pointless conversations :lol:

Sort of like this board :drinking:

Shaughno
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Exactly! :D

bdiddy
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
So there was this girl i was seeing a couple years back and she liked...

Canadian Blue
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
......it when I inserted my big toe into the tradesman's entrance....

TFC Via Buffalo
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM

Arizona?
Florida?
Ottawa?
Nevada?

Atlantis