PDA

View Full Version : Major League Soccer Academy

Shway
04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Now that Toronto FC academy team has gone to the Dallas Cup 2009 and are in the Super group and will play against the likes of a later superstar. I think that in order for more players to come through the youth systems, i was thinking since there is no reserve division, the MLS should create a Major League Soccer Academy that would consist of MLS academies, and USL academies equalling up to 40 teams (upon 2012) in the league, and being divided into an A,B,C, and D divisions each consisting of 10 teams that are closey in range (example Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, Rochester Rhinos, Columbus Crew, New England, New York Red Bulls, FC New York, Chicago Fire, Cleveland City Stars) thats JUST FOR EXAMPLE!
All teams play each other in the group twice and play 5 nter-group fixtures, producing 23 games a season.The winners of each group go into a play-off format like winner of A vs. winner of C, and B vs D. Teams would also play in the SUM cup.

I just think this would expose our youth players a little bit more, giving them the chance to sign for the First team, or even if they are not deemed to be ready they can go University. This format would create and give a more competitive level instead of Toronto FC playing against teams like Vaughn Azzuri ( no offence), likewise for teams in the United States playing lower level teams.

I just think if teams can do PDL, then they could do this Major League Soccer Adademy?

and plus isnt this were some of the Edu, Altidore, Adu, and Johnson money was suppose to go to....:noidea:

This is my oppinion, how about yours?:)

jrey
04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
... maybe after they put in the winter schedule and the two-tiered league. :p

and a team in des moines, too!

Shway
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
^^^^they're you go making sense again

nick.mastro
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
i think the travelling costs teams would cheap out and not wanna pay. but a really good idea

Krasno.pL.
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
tis a good idea, like the leagues all over the world have.
just dont think it will work down here.

Azerban
04-02-2009, 05:34 PM
yup MLS and USL sure do want to work together

jrey
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
^^^^they're you go making sense again

haha just a bit of fun, bud.

i'd put the possibility of this happening above your other ideas, but answer me this.

with the level of competition they're currently getting, and with the amount of money that most MLS and USL teams even have, why would they endure the extra cost when they don't need to?

my bet says they don't.

as with all my other disagreements with you, i say there's no money. it would be nice, cool even, but i don't see it. you call it negativity, i call it reality.

nothing wrong with dreaming, i guess.

Laurignano
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
i think the travelling costs teams would cheap out and not wanna pay. but a really good idea

So make the youth squad travel with the senior squad so youth games will be on the same day senior squad games. So if SJ and TFC are playing then obviously so would their youth squads on the same day. Obviously the cost of traveling would not be that much cheaper but I think it could work.

S_D
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
^ they did that with the reserve teams and cancelled it because apparently it wasn't taken seriously and to reduce costs.

The competition they are getting now is fine. They are playing against teams that are bigger and physical. They can go to other tournaments to see where they stand. Right now it is just a matter of getting playing time.

Shway
04-12-2009, 08:45 PM

but the travelling wont even be far, im saying USL and MLS have teams in the PDL, so they right there are travelling, but still in a close "competitive" distance. they wouldnt be going to the likes of LA,Seattle or KC to play a game, but New York, New Jersey, Montreal, Rochester, im sure thats not high finances.

It would only be one time that it would cost money and that would be for the finals.

T_Mizz
04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I think you've got a good idea going here but its just way too expensive especially in North America where distances are much larger. I like what TFC has going playing in the CSL

Shway
04-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I dont see how it would be expensive honestly, ive played soccer all the way up till U-18 at the highest level, so i know what kind of cost are their.

However, what i dont get is that Toronto Lynx plays in the PDL, and playing with the Lynx you get paided (for some players if not all), and your travelling cost.

The travell to states like Illinois,Ohio.

You couldnt see toronto FC playing against, Columbus Crew, Clevand City Stars, Chicago Fire, Michigan Bucks, Rochester Rhinos

Now let me say this again im talking about the TORONTO Lynx, who doesnt even pull in numbers close to the lowest MLS making team (if that make sense lol).

So how is it that they can pay players, and play in a league like this that is considered to be to PRICEY?