PDA

View Full Version : TFC wont do WSD...?

ilikemusic
04-01-2009, 05:36 PM
So, World Soccer Daily has been complaining this week about how they are doing interviews with all the MLS managers but that MLSE's response to their requests for a Carver interview was that they dont do radio interviews.

Now, I dont have any problem with TFC not going on WSD. I think its funny actually.

I dont think the guys on WSD realize that there is a local media here and there are people who want to talk Carver, Mo and other TFC big ups.

The thing about not doing radio interviews is MLSE just feeding them a line though isnt it? Im positive i've heard JC on the Soccer Show at least once.

Either way, point is the WSD guys seem annoyed that MLSE cant be bothered getting JC on their show. I think they are just baffled that an MLS team isnt starved for their attention.

:canada:

TFCREDNWHITE
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I say, Whatever Carver wants to do is fine by me.

Carver is My God! Thank god for JC!! ;-)

FluSH
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
hmm...

James Oliphant
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Not sure what the situation is, but as far as I'm concerned Carver should be running the team. And he is. WSD is a decent show, but if they want to whine about something like this, fuck 'em. So long as Carver's doing the job on the field, I'm happy.

Marc"2L"
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Steven has this approach to MLS that pisses off a lot of people.

DigzTFC!
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Almost every TFC FO member has been on the Fan590 on the soccer show, unless Nigel prerecords everything and that's there way around it.

London
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
i like charlie and the great geogio much more than the WSD guys,

London
04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
steven has a dislike for MLS like i have not seen. kenny seems to be giving it a shot

they said JC wont do radio, only toronto radio

TFC Via Buffalo
04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I like WSD as it really helps me learn more about the EPL, Serie A, etc, but can anyone recomend any other soccer podcasts? Sometimes they grate me with the harsh negativity.

ilikemusic
04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I like WSD as it really helps me learn more about the EPL, Serie A, etc, but can anyone recomend any other soccer podcasts? Sometimes they grate me with the harsh negativity.

Ive got 4 footy podcasts in my rotation...

The Soccer Show
The Footy Show
ESPN Soccernet Podcast
World Soccer Daily

Theres also all the BBC ones, the Guardian, 606. Its too many for me though. I can only listen to so much.

I hear ESPN is going to be starting an America specific version of their podcast. Thats good, but I find any MLS focused podcasts ignore TFC anyways. Gotta listen to the Footy and the Soccer show if you want any TFC talk.

Lucky Strike
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
So, World Soccer Daily has been complaining this week about how they are doing interviews with all the MLS managers but that MLSE's response to their requests for a Carver interview was that they dont do radio interviews.

Now, I dont have any problem with TFC not going on WSD. I think its funny actually.

I dont think the guys on WSD realize that there is a local media here and there are people who want to talk Carver, Mo and other TFC big ups.

The thing about not doing radio interviews is MLSE just feeding them a line though isnt it? Im positive i've heard JC on the Soccer Show at least once.

Either way, point is the WSD guys seem annoyed that MLSE cant be bothered getting JC on their show. I think they are just baffled that an MLS team isnt starved for their attention.

:canada:

Too bad, so sad. Getting an interview (from anyone) is a privilege, not a right.

Red CB Toronto
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM
What is that footy radio I think out of Rocheser, somewhere of out the States that has had TFC guests on it before, the producer has posted on the board he when a guest is coming up that day that could be of interest to us.

ilikemusic
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Too bad, so sad. Getting an interview (from anyone) is a privilege, not a right.

Except it is kind of the opposite for most MLS managers. They need all the face time they can get.

I dont think the WSD guys are being dicks per se, I just think they are used to dealing with MLS teams dying for publicity from anywhere they can get it.

Listen to WSD's interview the Dallas manager Hyndeman. Its on today's (April 1st) podcast.

Listening to him talk about trying to sell the game and trying to get the fans into the building is just sad.

And the worst part is when he talks about the coaching advice he got from some NCAA gridiron coach.

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

King Jeff
04-02-2009, 05:35 AM

The Guardian's Football Weekly.

I actually think Carver should do the WSD interview. The conversations they've had with the other coaches have been really interesting. I'm sure their questions for Carver would be a lot more intelligent than some of the softball stuff we see from the local media ("How does it feel to play in front of those fans?") or TFC TV.

arbogast
04-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm with y'all on this.
There is no reason why TFC should not do WSD. It's the biggest soccer radio broadcast and podcast in the US. Besides, if they keep avoiding Steven, he'll just continue to bash our club. That said, would someone at the club please do the show so he'll shut the hell up!?!?!

keem-o-sabi
04-02-2009, 09:08 AM
It's alright with me if he doesn't do Chelsea Radio..I mean WSD. It used to be a good program when Nick was on the show way back. I used to listen religiously from work, now I get on every once in a while and listen, but all he does is shout about chelsea.

keem-o-sabi
04-02-2009, 09:10 AM
And the worst part is when he talks about the coaching advice he got from some NCAA gridiron coach.

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

I don't think that taking advice from a grid iron coach is anything bad. All coaches read about other coaches. A lot of euro coaches have read books by lombardi from the NFL. You read it in their autobio's. You can always learn from others, even if it doesn't come from your particular sport.

s2cazz
04-02-2009, 09:38 AM
And now a reading from the gospel according to Carver
"Shut It!"
The word of the lord

ilikemusic
04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I would like to hear JC on WSD to tell you the truth. I dont want him scheduling it in when he has more important things to do, but at some point in the season, maybe during one of the extended breaks for the Gold Cup, I would love to hear JC on WSD. Im a big fan of the show.

Also, is anyone else shocked by what Kenny Hassan looks like?

I was always picturing Nigel Reed when I listened to the show, then I saw the commercial and saw he was a relatively young guy. Must be the Scottish accent, it makes everyone sound old. :p

TFC Via Buffalo
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
And now a reading from the gospel according to Carver
"Shut It!"
The word of the lord

Praise be to John.

TFC Via Buffalo
04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I would like to hear JC on WSD to tell you the truth. I dont want him scheduling it in when he has more important things to do, but at some point in the season, maybe during one of the extended breaks for the Gold Cup, I would love to hear JC on WSD. Im a big fan of the show.

Also, is anyone else shocked by what Kenny Hassan looks like?

I was always picturing Nigel Reed when I listened to the show, then I saw the commercial and saw he was a relatively young guy. Must be the Scottish accent, it makes everyone sound old. :p

Ha. I just finally saw a picture of them. I thought they were both older guys. Wow. The accents really do add some age.

colman1860
04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
It's alright with me if he doesn't do Chelsea Radio..I mean WSD. It used to be a good program when Nick was on the show way back. I used to listen religiously from work, now I get on every once in a while and listen, but all he does is shout about chelsea.

When's the last time you listened to the show? He doesn't talk about Chelsea any more than about any other top 4 team.

And for everyone complaining about Steven dissing MLS, he stopped that about a year ago.

colman1860
04-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm with y'all on this.
There is no reason why TFC should not do WSD. It's the biggest soccer radio broadcast and podcast in the US. Besides, if they keep avoiding Steven, he'll just continue to bash our club. That said, would someone at the club please do the show so he'll shut the hell up!?!?!

Whenever they mention TFC, they talk about the great atmosphere and how they really want to get up to BMO.

All they've been saying this week is that it's too bad Carver won't come on. No bashing that I heard.

Yohan
04-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Praise be to John.
so say we all

ilikemusic
04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
When's the last time you listened to the show? He doesn't talk about Chelsea any more than about any other top 4 team.

And for everyone complaining about Steven dissing MLS, he stopped that about a year ago.

He still does bash MLS from time to time.

None of it is unwarranted in my view.

MLS still does things that they need to be taken to task for. I dont like people who defend the league against all criticisms and I dont think they are doing it any favours by doing that either. They criticize it because they want it to be better.

If they didnt care, they wouldnt critique it.

arbogast
04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Whenever they mention TFC, they talk about the great atmosphere and how they really want to get up to BMO.

All they've been saying this week is that it's too bad Carver won't come on. No bashing that I heard.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that he bashes our club, I meat he's gonna talk shit about someone from the club not doing his show. I listen to WSD at least twice a week and yeah Steven ad Kenny always have good thigs to say about the support here.