PDA

View Full Version : FAO Toronto FC fans

insidesoccerusa
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi there,

My name is Mike and I am a Scottish journalist. I am currently traveling around the MLS teams in order to write a book about the league and my travels.

I will be in Toronto from tomorrow, hoping to make it to the game on Saturday and was wondering if any of the tailgaters would mind me coming along and soaking up the experience with them??

If you want to find out more about my trip please visit my blog: http://insidesoccerusa.blogspot.com

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you here or via email at moldham1@hotmail.com

Many thanks

Mike

jrey
04-01-2009, 03:16 PM
All are welcome. You've come to the right place, bud.

Hope you have a blast.

mr k
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
maybe should change blog title to inside soccer north america or MLS?

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM
^ seconded , since this is not a state ;) if you do get a media pass , be sure to head to the south end of the stadium , specifically.ly the south-east corner. Also before the game there will be a tailgate party in the Parking lot just east of the stadium. and about 30 mins before kickoff , head north of the stadium to the GO station just a walk north of the stadium. There you should be greeted by a large number of supporters marching to the ground before kickoff.

Good luck & best wishes on your trip.

Carter
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Mike, come mto the tailgate and ask for Carter and Boris, we will take good care of you.

Cheers mate, if you wanna discuss anything fire me a PM.

Flashman
04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
PS. Wear RED!!

TorCanSoc
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
A travelling Scottish journalist weaving through America writing about soccer.... there's got to be a punch line in there somewhere. :)

Good luck dude. You'll find some serious supporters of the N.American game. We've got delusions of grandeur that is for sure. U.S. success has been since the inception of MLS. With Vancouver coming in, Ottawa and Montreal knocking on the door. We (Canadians) too, have big dreams.