PDA

View Full Version : Framing The Season Tickets

SteeltownBhoy
04-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I really would like to Fame the Season Ticket Poster the example they show looks great.

Having no clue about cost, could someone out there with some knowledge tell me if the 170.00 is ballpark?

Could a local framer do it as good for cheaper? Money is tight but the example looks extremely professional. (maybe I just answered my own question)

Marco2K
04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Joe morgado at Galleria at dufferin and dupont
much cheaper and great work

tfcmanu
04-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I really would like to Fame the Season Ticket Poster the example they show looks great.

Having no clue about cost, could someone out there with some knowledge tell me if the 170.00 is ballpark?

Could a local framer do it as good for cheaper? Money is tight but the example looks extremely professional. (maybe I just answered my own question)

I think Keyman can do it there in all the malls, I don't know just taking a shot in the dark Wal-Mart Portraits????? :noidea:

sulfur
04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
"The example"? :)

tfcmanu
04-01-2009, 02:19 PM

Hey Marco2k,
You Chop what's up...Get 2 work, It was cool meeting you and your buddy in C-Bus. :drinking:...I will check out Joe Morgado did you get your season tix done there.

Sonny Cheeba
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
yes get it framed somewhere else, it will be cheaper and more likely done better.

their example looks good, but is too much of a money grab for my liking. i'll get the same thing, minus "Toronto FC" at the bottom.

also, i wouldn't be surprised if they don't sell enough of the frames and drop the price later on.

Parkdale
04-01-2009, 02:21 PM
there are sports memorabilia framers all over the city.

personally, I'd go the $7.99 ikea route.

SteeltownBhoy
04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
"The example"? :)

It shows a completed framed ticket package on a card that came with your season's tickets.

tfcmanu
04-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Frame at Wall-mart :eek:

billyfly
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
The drawback of doing it yourself a la Ikea is the "Toronto FC" at the bottom.

I havent been to the Galleria since Food City/ Towers days but I guess I should go down there and have a look at Sr. Morgado's work.

Sonny Cheeba
04-01-2009, 02:33 PM

well if you really want the stuff to last, you'll need to vacuum the air out or whatever they do at framing stores. they do it properly.

i'll probably frame it myself though.... i don't really care if the tickets go somewhat yellow in 10 years. i care more about saving my money for next season.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-01-2009, 02:40 PM

Yup, and if you get the glass frame you can take the glass to those engraver places in the mall and engrave the "Toronto FC" yourself for like 20 bucks.

Suds
04-01-2009, 02:40 PM
well if you really want the stuff to last, you'll need to vacuum the air out or whatever they do at framing stores. they do it properly.

i'll probably frame it myself though.... i don't really care if the tickets go somewhat yellow in 10 years. i care more about saving my money for next season.

I think that answers your question ... pay a professional at competitive rate and the memorabilia should last a lifetime .. if you just want something to hang up for the next few years go for the cheapest option ..

or, sign up for a crafts class with your girlfriend to learn how to frame stuff :D :hide:

Bobo
04-01-2009, 02:50 PM

:cheers:

Isn't he only there on Saturdays?

Parkdale
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
frame: $7.99
engraved 'brass' plaque: $15.99

having a framed TFC ticket pack that isn't like every other framed TFC ticket pack : priceless

Richard D
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
yep, you can get an engraved brass plate on ebay for less than $5...

MUFC_Niagara
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM

LOL....i mean, i hope you're kidding.

:o

Kooper
04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
My opinion is that tickets are made to be used. The framing is a cash grab from the team.

Flipityflu
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM
i plan on getting mine framed at the end of the season so i can include the scarf and Jim Brennan's pic of lifting the cup...

stretchthetruth
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
http://www.framedbydesign.com/

i've had a few things done here, awesome work... ask for Andy, tell him i sent you...

Sonny Cheeba
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
hi i'm looking for andy, Stretchthetruth sent me. he also wants me to give you this seemingly empty babyfood jar, but alas there's a vapo-deuce in there.

James Oliphant
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
I still have designs on framing all 3 seasons' tickets / scarves, but I'll get them all done at the same time in the same fashion. I'm in with two other friends, and we have seats 24, 25 and 26. In season 1, I took seat 24. Last year, 25. This year, 26. They'll be hanging side-by-side-by-side in my living room soon.

stretchthetruth
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
hi i'm looking for andy, Stretchthetruth sent me. he also wants me to give you this seemingly empty babyfood jar, but alas there's a vapo-deuce in there.

i only send my shit in paper bags...

flatpicker
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I still need to decide what I am doing with my tickets.

The last two years I have been using my tickets... but I hold on to them afterward.
I kinda like putting all my tickets back in the box they came in after they have been beaten up a little on game day.
It shows I was there, the tickets are used, ripped and stained.
It adds a personal touch.
Years down the road when I open up that box of tickets and see them all bent out of shape I will think, "ah, good times".
If I frame all my tickets in pristine condition, then years later I might look at them and think,"those sure are crisp looking, and a little unloved".

MUFC_Niagara
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
i have never used a ticket from my package yet from all the seasons....only printed tickets

Marco2K
04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey Marco2k,
You Chop what's up...Get 2 work, It was cool meeting you and your buddy in C-Bus. :drinking:...I will check out Joe Morgado did you get your season tix done there.

hey man whats going on.

Yes Joe does great work and he is only there saturdays.

He did my Danny dichio game worn jersey.

Richard D
04-21-2009, 04:36 PM
What are the dimensions of the tickets in their complete form. Im staring at them opened up on my desk but I dont have a tape measure...lol

Someone is at Walmart right now and staring at frames and I need to tell them the dimensions... lol