PDA

View Full Version : Sounders @ Toronto FC - April 4, 2009 - BMO Home Opener

Pages : [1] 2

Technorgasm
04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
could it be? a game / player / footy thread? one that is not about support? or clmb? holy shit!
http://tosportsreport.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/toronto-fc.jpg VS http://www.prostamerika.com/images/sounders/SeattleSoundersLogo.png

BMO HOME OPENER!!

Will the powerful Alonso / Montero combo have sucess against our back line anchored by robinson and now featuring Serioux?
CAN MONTERO BE SILENCED?
Will Dero connect wiht Barret / Dichio / Vitti so they can open their accounts for 2009?
Perdicted Line ups?
Predicted Scoreline?
Will Sigi , and our bloved JC be caught in a tactical tabernacle?
What minute will the first be scored? (Personally I think we shoudl have a toonie pool for this one at the tailgate)

How will Tyrone Marshall and Jarrod Smith react to being back at BMO?
Can Dero and Guevara silence Lung-butter in the middle?
Will we see a different team than we saw in CLMB now that Amado and Robbo are back?
Eylander / Keller vs Sutton - who will be the Hero? (know your enemy!)

There were some really witty anit-Drew idead floating around the boards, what happened to them?

DOMIN8R
04-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Don't forget 13

"Eat it"

T-Bird
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
That's a lot of twoonies...who gets to carry them in their pockets?

OneLoveOneEric
04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank God for Techno!
Finally a fucking thread about football!!!!!!!!
A smell a draw, and a hard-fought one at that.
Can't wait 'til kickoff!!
I'll go for 2-2.
And yes, Robbo and Amado had best be back in the lineup.

MartinUtd
04-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't mind having a few chants directed at Seattle to mix it up a bit. We should do 10 men went to bed with one of the Freddy's :D

MartinUtd
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
As for line ups.. what do we know about Robinson and Guevara's status?

Red Rat
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I picked a draw for Columbus... I believe that it will be a hard game. I am leaning towards a draw hoping for another 3 to 2 win.

dantdot
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
As for line ups.. what do we know about Robinson and Guevara's status?

Wales is playing right now, Robbo's on the bench again.

trane
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
We shall win. Dichio shall score. Vitti shall outshine Montero. De Ro will have a great game in front of his home fans, for his home team. This should be one of the most important games ever for him.

Alarius
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I call a low-scoring draw..

Dave67
04-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Toronto 4 -1 thrashing of Seattle Sounders.

DeRo finally coming home
Seattle travelling East
Seattle on the road at what will be a rocking BMO
Mr Robinson & Mr Guevara (confirmed?) back with the club

Look out Seattle... we're coming at you with all cylinders firing...

Nuvinho
04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Montero won't score!!!

Technorgasm
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Satlle area blessed bunch, I mean with 2 rocking home games ,their first away at BMO. .they will think EVERY game is going to be like this.!!!=

sadly, we all know that this will not be the case, what will happen when they will hear the massive echo everytime th eball is kicked when they play away to the Shite bulls?!

-----------------Sutton-------------------

Wynne------Serioux----Harmse -----Brennan

-----------------Robbo-----------------

Cronin-----------------------------Ricketts

-----------DERO----------Geuvara--------

-----------------Barretta-------------------

see the "triangle of destiny"? robbo, amado, dero? =NIiiiiice one Bruv!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to keep the dream wing team of Rickets and Wynne together, some of the best, and speediest options can come ffrom that.
but with Cronin being so young, and I suspect not offering a proper left foot
Rickets will have to be counted on to put in a decent lefy cross or 2

(god damnit if he doesnt run to the corner and create a target for the cross / corner I am sending JC a stern email)

I also would like to see a "tree" formation with a straight line up the middle with Geuvara, Dero and Barett.

but with some much "up the gut" play last year, and now with our excellent mid field distribution options, I want to see TFC OWN the wide areas. .

we can do it!

USL Sounders FC score first for inspiration.
the RPB Rally the boys on to equalize before the half.
late minute scorcher for the 2-1 win.

ps:
EAT IT!

brad
04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Sure Montero is dangerous, and Ljundberg will be, but I doubt he is fit, and our defence may be a bit suspect.

However, lets not forget - we are tough as hell to score against at BMO.

Lets look at last years stats. 12 goals conceded at BMO all season. 3 of those goals came in a match where most of our first team was away, and we had our scout and a USL squad player in defence. Only RSL conceded fewer at home.

Take into account that we have have a better midfield and better attack, this should alleviate even the pressure on defence through a level of control we didn't have last year.

I'm excited.

JonO
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
And yes, Robbo and Amado had best be back in the lineup.
Robbo should be good - still on the bench at the 48' mark. Amado, is likely to play the whole game - I hope he still has something left in the tank for at least a late game sub...

Technorgasm
04-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Who else is ready to CELEBRATE A GOAL AT BMO!!!????

Jeffro
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I would like to see:

-------------Sutton--------------
Wynne---Velez--Serioux---Brennan
-------Cronin-----Robbo----------
----DeRo---Guevara---Ricketts----
-------------Vitti-----------------

Cronin and Robbo to shield our D from the Seattle attack, Marvell and Jimmy B can get forward more, and somewhat of a freerole for our attacking mids

Carts
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Me! :drinking:

Carts...

tfctillidie
04-01-2009, 03:26 PM
1 - 0 win for TFC...although Seattle will create some great chances to score...TFC escapes a tight game with 3 points. (a goal from DeRo)

Technorgasm
04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I would like to see:

Cronin and Robbo to shield our D from the Seattle attack, Marvell and Jimmy B can get forward more, and somewhat of a freerole for our attacking mids

Wynne - Dero wing combo? + Amado & Viti cneter combo + Brennan - Ricketss wing combo (just need the spring roll and fried rice!)
'I fucking love it.

= WIN

When will we see a goal from a corner?

Jeffro
04-01-2009, 03:33 PM
When will we see a goal from a corner?

Saturday? :drinking:

kitchener-TFC
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM

Wynne------Velez----Serioux -----Brennan

DeRo-----------------------------Ricketts

----------------Geuvara-----------------

----------Barretta-------Vitti------------

Although DeRo doesn't usually play here, I'd rather see him play than Cronin.

dantdot
04-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Wales game just finished, Robbo with a whopping 0 minutes so he should be ready to go. The poor GOL TV spanish commentators were confused calling some other player Robinson throughout the whole second half.

tim90
04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
toronto fc 3 to 1

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM

Wynne------Serioux----Harmse -----Brennan

Cronin-----------------------------Ricketts

-----------DERO----------Geuvara--------

-----------------VITTI-------------------

uh no way Choke Barrett is starting, it WONT be happening , he cant finish at all , vitti will be starting cause vitti is better ;)

Marc"2L"
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
If it's a draw it needs to be a disappointing one.

A 80 something odd minute own goal to secure a point at home won't cut it.

MUFC_Niagara
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Robbo DID NOT play for Wales today, not even as a sub! He should be nice and fresh to make life miserable for Montero! EAT IT!

Nuvinho
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Robbo DID NOT play for Wales today, not even as a sub! He should be nice and fresh to make life miserable for Montero! EAT IT!

nice!! I was just gonna post the same thing.

TorCanSoc
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Montero looks 5'6" 130lbs. Harmse is going to eat his first yellow card, knee Montero in the sternum... and Montero will keep looking over his shoulder all game.

2-0 TFC!!!!

twistedchinaman
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Ooh! I want to see a home goal (or two. Or three. Just as long as its one more than the Sounders can get!) :D

Carter
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rhapido
04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm seeing a 3-1 victory for our beloved Reds. Barrett, DeRo and Vitti. Jacqua scores a late consolation goal for the Emeralds in injury time.

The Sounders have exceeded even their own expectations after 2 games but this expansion team is due for a dose of harsh reality. This week they will be on the road and playing before a hostile sold-out crowd for the very first time. The trip east across 3 time zones will hurt -- NFL west coast teams traditionally have a dreadful record when traveling east for a Sunday matinee game. Montero will get on the scoresheet but only for picking up a yellow after an utterly frustrating afternoon courtesy of Robbo. Marshall will smile as he's heckled endlessly by the those in the south stands.

Technorgasm
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Ooh! I want to see a home goal (or two. Or three. Just as long as its one more than the Sounders can get!) :D

the fact thatyou are going to be here Twisted makes this game 100 times better!
I love the yellow card talk too. . cant wait!

does Harmse start over Velez?

I cant believe I left him out.

Harmse to me is the Aki Berg of this team.

twistedchinaman
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Oh Techno, I never knew you felt that way about me! :D

Regardless, Harmse or Velez, whoever starts, better not screw it up.

Oh, and can somebody pass on to DeRo my birthday wishlist tomorrow afternoon?
1. First Kick win (DONE)
2. Kicking Columbus' arse (HALFWAY)
3. Winning a game that I go to (both games I've been to so far have been losses -- I wanna see the lads win live dammit!)
4. Getting into the playoffs (that's on everyone's list)
5. MLS Cup baby! Yeah! (ah yes)

I know it's a lot, but yeah...:D

FluSH
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm watching this Mexico vs Honduras game right now... and I don't think Amado will be back for Saturday... he's going hard on this game so far...

twistedchinaman
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm watching this Mexico vs Honduras game right now... and I don't think Amado will be back for Saturday... he's going hard on this game so far...

...at least we've still got ole Robbo right?

I'm pretty confident in the squad that Johnny has to choose from -- we're fucking loaded up front. Even without Amado we could still do well. Besides, with a full 20,000 compliment of RED under their wings, they are going to blow Seattle clean out of the water.

cougars732
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
what a great man Robbo is.
we have him for the rest of time boys.
this legend retired from international football.
great man

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
2-1 TFC with the Sounders getting a questionable penalty in the 85th min to make it interesting...

tfctillidie
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
is there going to be a TIFO display this saturday?

FluSH
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM

I will cry if there isn't one... the banner team is working hard right now sans me... and I'm sure the other supporters groups have there stuff in place.

twistedchinaman
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Is the Space Pope Reptilian?
- Bender B. Rodriguez

:D

joel
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
ok so I am screwed, I have playoff finals hockey game at ave and dav at 3pm! I will get out at 3:50 and drive straight and park (bringing a cheap hockey shower with me), but I wonder, Paul said the 3:45 gametime is just to get peeps in early, do you think the game will really start at 4pm, or will it still be delayed? Give me hope!!

TorCanSoc
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Joel !! You're screwed. Give me your tickets!!! WTF is going on with SCRAPS?? Spring tourney a go, need to get'r done.

BRed
04-01-2009, 11:33 PM
COME ON YOUUUUU REDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!

PS: point at Drew Carey and say "The price is wrong! bitch." Although I don't think we should call the guy a bitch I think he's actually a good guy. So scrap that. But nevertheless, COME ON YOU REDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!

Calvin
04-02-2009, 02:52 AM
Is anyone's lucky number 4?

This game is in the 4th month, on the 4th day at 4'oclock

edmundo
04-02-2009, 03:33 AM
as much as i hate to say it but without amado linking up with dero on offence our attack is screwed, i noticed a huge drop in possesion and creativity without amado in the lineup saturday, not to mention a lack of his 2 goals he scored the week b4

twistedchinaman
04-02-2009, 06:55 AM
as much as i hate to say it but without amado linking up with dero on offence our attack is screwed, i noticed a huge drop in possesion and creativity without amado in the lineup saturday, not to mention a lack of his 2 goals he scored the week b4

Don't lose faith yet...last week was the first ever time DeRo had to work on his lonesome with the strikers without Amado -- I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Section 110
04-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Edmundo, you hit the proverbial nail on the head; Amado is a true attacking mid, and De Ro struggled without him... don't get me wrong, not dissing De Ro, but with the two of them our attack is potent. Now, we were playing Columbus, a team with a good defence (reigning Champs of course), but without Amado, I like the idea of Vitti up front by himself.

Either way, 2-0 TFC. It just has to be!

Oldtimer
04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
3-3 tie. Montero getting 3 goals (including a PK for a Harmse red card in the 89th minute).

I sure hope TFC doesn't drop the opener, or we will be subjected to endless whining about how an expansion team (which isn't really a new team IMO) is better than us, complete with calls of firing Mo/Carver/whoever and threads of just the player's name saying how they need to be replaced. Even if we won every other game, the whining would go on all season.

It's actually been a relief, with a win and a tie these first 2 road games. Giambac hasn't posted at all, and even the other usual suspects have toned it down a bit.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-02-2009, 08:07 AM

oh no not HockeyBerg! he is like an iceberg on the ice , so what does that make harmse , a tranning pylon?

Lucky Strike
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM

Therefore TFC will win 4-0 with goals by Velez (#4) in the 4th minute, Vitti #8 - double of 4) in the 8th minute (doubling our advantage on the double of 4th minute) and two more goals by DeRosario in the 44th minute. The attendance will be 20444, 4 yellow cards will be handed out , 444 streamers will be thrown and 4444 beers will be sold by concessions.

Okay, that's enough of that. I predicted a 2-1 win for our boys.

Nuvinho
04-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Therefore TFC will win 4-0 with goals by Velez (#4) in the 4th minute, Vitti #8 - double of 4) in the 8th minute (doubling our advantage on the double of 4th minute) and two more goals by DeRosario in the 44th minute. The attendance will be 20444, 4 yellow cards will be handed out , 444 streamers will be thrown and 4444 beers will be sold by concessions.

I guess you aren't chinese ;)

anto7
04-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Edmundo, you hit the proverbial nail on the head; Amado is a true attacking mid, and De Ro struggled without him... don't get me wrong, not dissing De Ro, but with the two of them our attack is potent. Now, we were playing Columbus, a team with a good defence (reigning Champs of course), but without Amado, I like the idea of Vitti up front by himself.

Either way, 2-0 TFC. It just has to be!
I think one of the main reasons we struggled offensively against Columbus(aside from Amado not playing) was that Dero being in the centre of midfield forced him to have to do so much defensive work. With Robbo being back it should allow Dero to move back wide and go back to his usual creative style of play. Now I really hope Amado does play too since that increases our creativity hugely.

scooter
04-02-2009, 08:31 AM

moi :drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

Lucky Strike
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I guess you aren't chinese ;)

Lol no, I'll never understand this obsession with numbers. Except for 47.

scooter
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
what about 69 since this is a happy thread

Niall
04-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Let's get fucking mental!
Let's get fucking mental!

Big Big Big Big Game. Let's start it off right for the boys in red.

I have meetings all day Monday that I don't want to have a voice for.

GabrielHurl
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I will cry if there isn't one... the banner team is working hard right now sans me... and I'm sure the other supporters groups have there stuff in place.

You know NEE will be representing :D

CDNSoccerFan
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
CBC is showing the Raptors game @ 1 so there's a chance we could miss the opening bit if the game is prolonged. Obviously not a orblem for everyone who will be at the game though

mclaren
04-02-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Articles/2009/03-March/Road-Game.aspx

After two home matches, the Sounders FC has yet to face a hostile crowd. In Toronto, they will face the reigning kings of crowd noise. Only in their third season in the MLS “The Reds” are already considered to have one of the rowdiest crowds in the league.

“The first road trip will be a good test. We know they’re going to be sold out and they’ve seen our fan base so that might make it a little bit more rowdy. But we’ve got a lot of guys that have faced similar environments, so I’m sure we’ll be ready,” midfielder Brad Evans said.

Former Toronto defender Tyrone Marshall has been on both sides of the field at BMO Field and he said it would be a similar atmosphere to Seattle, though Qwest Field has been louder to this point.

“It’s going to be like that from Minute 1 to Minute 90,” Marshall said. “They’re going to want to prove that they are a better crowd than ours but we have to prove them wrong by scoring a couple of goals and taking the fans out of the game. At the end of the day, if we win the game, their fans can cheer as much as they want.”
Head coach Sigi Schmid has plenty of experience coaching against Toronto. While with Columbus, he coached the Crew to an unbeaten record in the Trillium Cup derby between Columbus and Toronto, going 3-0-3 over two years.

Having Toronto as Seattle’s road opener while “The Reds” are playing their home opener just creates another challenge for Schmid and the Sounders FC.

“I’ve always felt that there are two things that are fun to do. One is to really get your home crowd excited and the other is to quiet down the away crowd,” Schmid said. “In this case silence is golden.”

Jeffro
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM

We also have 4 points and have scored 4 goals so far....

Technorgasm
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM

There is one factor the guy shave not been able to utilize until Saturday.

RPB - THE 12TH MAN!

Canadian Blue
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Although DeRo doesn't usually play here, I'd rather see him play than Cronin.

Cronin should play to man mark Montero and really piss him off

BRed
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
"Former Toronto defender Tyrone Marshall has been on both sides of the field at BMO Field and he said it would be a similar atmosphere to Seattle, though Qwest Field has been louder to this point."

Oh no...he din't.

Inklink
04-02-2009, 05:20 PM
13000 more people and a god damned band may have something to do with that :lol:

GabrielHurl
04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Contrary to what I said yesterday - I like these guys now

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3646/3407315083_649744bc8d_o.png

Rhapido
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
"Former Toronto defender Tyrone Marshall has been on both sides of the field at BMO Field and he said it would be a similar atmosphere to Seattle, though Qwest Field has been louder to this point."

I have to agree. So far this season, there's been more noise out of Qwest Field than from BMO. Of course, that's only because we haven't had any games played yet at BMO, but why spoil their fun with facts...

GuelphStorm2007
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I am looking forward to this match. I predict a TFC victory 1-0 a goal by Vitti.

Technorgasm
04-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I am looking forward to this match. I predict a TFC victory 1-0 a goal by Vitti.

Whats up with you lot?
No faith in Barretta eh?

LOOK at the guy!

He has really been working hard in the off season, hes freakin HUUGE!!!
I know he has had his struggles, but I have seen some great touches from him, and great positioning too, its not all luck, but this seaosn he wil havethechemistry, and get the results. Berretta all the way for me.

I would HATE to try and take the ball off that fuckin bruiser.

Vitti will struggle I imagine, he is expecting south american service,
not a "run and Gun" offence where you have to create, and possibly beat the last defender to get a shot in. I think he is aweomse mind you and showed some of that magic in Columbus.

Forum: Less Support - MORE FOOTBALL!

ACSertL
04-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I would like to see:

This formation I really like. You have Cronin on the right who is more than capable of covering for Wynne when he makes those overlapping runs. Although I wish there was a way to get Dichio in here with Vitti, perhaps in the 2nd half at some point.

Technorgasm
04-03-2009, 09:17 AM
no solid yes, about Guevara just yet?

Jet lag n all?

I hope to see his smiling face(and goals ) out there

ACSertL
04-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I guess if Guevara can't play (I heard he took a slight knock against Mexico as well) then that could make room for Danny in the Starting XI. :)

Rocco
04-03-2009, 11:14 AM
3-0 win, Sutton with his first clean sheet of the season :D

Artur3575
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I hope for a full house hope people want get scared off because of rain or cold

MadMike
04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know what time the gates are opening this season ?? Year one - we were allowed in like an hour before kick-off , lots of time to get primed before the game, year two - we were allowed in 1/2 an hour before kick-off ...... I might rip the gate off this year if I have to wait too long !!!

brad
04-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I hope for a full house hope people want get scared off because of rain or cold

I think we should be okay. It's the first game of the season, we are playing well, and DeRo is making his home debut. I think the should be enough to ensure the more casual fans brave the rain, if it is still raining.

Dave67
04-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Media whores :)

Carts
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM

That's it...?????????

Carts...

Red Rat
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
shit I change my mind to a 2-1 win, with out Montero up front

s2cazz
04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
what about 69 since this is a happy thread
68 is better... you do me i owe 1 later lol

105BallHats
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
"There's no doubt that Toronto had been the best crowd in the league. And they're obviously going to want to prove something to us and to themselves that they still could possibly have that title," Keller said. "I like that. I like going into that little bit of animosity. I kind of feed off of it. I'm hoping they have a big rowdy crowd, and we can make them real quiet." (MLS)

Quiet eh, are you really calling us and our boys out like that?

Technorgasm
04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
3-0 win, Sutton with his first clean sheet of the season :D

best post of the thread.

I keep thinking about goals, but I really want to see Sounders shut down at theback too!

Velez and Serioux in the middle . .

BRennan wynne out wide. .

TFCREDNWHITE
04-03-2009, 02:11 PM

Oh no...he din't.

He also told me at a pub crawl that he likes Home Depot Center just as much as BMO Field!! WTF!?!?

Time to give this guy the gears!! I will not hold back on this fruit of the loom!!! He has turned into quite the TFC Hater!!!!

TFCREDNWHITE
04-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Former Toronto defender Tyrone Marshall has been on both sides of the field at BMO Field and he said it would be a similar atmosphere to Seattle, though Qwest Field has been louder to this point.
“It’s going to be like that from Minute 1 to Minute 90,” Marshall said. “They’re going to want to prove that they are a better crowd than ours but we have to prove them wrong by scoring a couple of goals and taking the fans out of the game. At the end of the day, if we win the game, their fans can cheer as much as they want.”

Fuck him that bitch!!

T-Bird
04-03-2009, 03:01 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!?:eek:

mclaren
04-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I hope Frei plays tomorrow instead of Sutton. Nothing against Sutton, but Frei looks the better keeper (judging on the little I've seen of him so far - admittedly it's early doors).

mclaren
04-03-2009, 03:10 PM
He also told me at a pub crawl that he likes Home Depot Center just as much as BMO Field!! WTF!?!?

Time to give this guy the gears!! I will not hold back on this fruit of the loom!!! He has turned into quite the TFC Hater!!!!

Remember when Braz came back with Montreal and played surprisingly well. I hope that doesn't happen again. Why can't former plays play true to form?

Red CB Toronto
04-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I miss Mr. Adam Braz, how could ever had let him go, oh those were the days.

I really see the Reds jumping out, this is a new era, one where defeat will not be accepted, no solace will be taken from one, the Sounders have done quite well of late to start things off no they can not be taken lightly but in the end the only type of team that can win will be one that wears Red.

2-1 victory

Technorgasm
04-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Tfc fans full of belief and confidence!! I love t!!!

Can't wait !! Won't be able to sleep tonight!

egoodwin
04-03-2009, 04:52 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3646/3407315083_649744bc8d_o.png
them baboons sure know how to wave flags

rocker
04-03-2009, 05:24 PM
gotta score off deflections, crowded boxes, and tic-tac-toe plays.. Keller is excellent at the direct stuff.

Redpunkfiddle
04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Are you serious? "They have yet to play on the road and that will undoutedly change when they play Toronto FC at BMO Field"?

Well DUH. Minus one point for Sounders.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-03-2009, 05:55 PM
a quick banner idea HOWS THIS FOR ATMOSPHERE!

Inswingingwingman
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I got tickets, but do not get them until 2 30....where do I sit.

Now it might be raining but who the F cares.

Tomorrow I play in a Brass Band Festival with the wife at noon at the St. Lawrence centre, and if you ever want to start a band, I am in. I can play bass drum, triple drum, baritone, and tuba.

And cymbals...

And can sing myself hoarse...or horse...or loud and proud.

Seattle, lets squish the west coast fish.

Squish the fish
Squish the fish
Seattle is shite
The Reds are right
The Reds are right
The price is not right
The price is not right
Shite, Shite, Shite, Shite!

Cashcleaner
04-03-2009, 07:51 PM
1-0 for Toronto.

Seattle can only keep the ball out of the net for so long. This Saturday they will be in unfamiliar and hostile territory at BMO Field. The Reds are confident and will be moreso when they are playing in front of another sold-out crowd while Seattle will get its first taste of a regular season away match. On top of all that, we got the obvious advantage with Montero's absence. I think our D will have their jobs cut out for them, but I'm confident with Sutton, Serioux, Brennan, and the others.

Just don't ask me about Harmse.

Iain
04-04-2009, 04:57 AM
The excitement for this game has even reached England. Such is my level of anticipation I wrote a preview.

http://viewfromtheshelf.com/2009/04/04/battle-of-the-upstarts-toronto-fc-v-seattle-sounders-preview-mls-2009-week-three/

loconet
04-04-2009, 07:33 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's snowing up by my place! lol.

koryo
04-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Okay.

You're not going to like this (and neither do I) but I had a very vivid dream last night that we're up 2-1 in the 80th minute and end up losing 3-2 on two late goals - scored with 5 minutes of each other. Dero scores a brace for us.

I wouldn't mention it had the dream not been so clear.

I should probably be burned at the stake for posting the above...

RedLion
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Okay.

You're not going to like this (and neither do I) but I had a very vivid dream last night that we're up 2-1 in the 80th minute and end up losing 3-2 on two late goals - scored with 5 minutes of each other. Dero scores a brace for us.

That gets you a :yellow: !

Now go back to sleep and dream up a different result! :D

koryo
04-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Now wouldn't be the best time to start taking me seriously :)

Redpunkfiddle
04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Okay.

Are you sure you weren't watching the Impact?

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Okay.

Quick, get some rope and the tinder! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Are you sure you weren't watching the Impact?

Them or the Red Craps!

OH THE RED CRAPS ARE SHITE!! :D

James17930
04-04-2009, 10:33 AM
All right guys -- you get down there to BMO and make us all proud.

STOMP THE FUCK OUT OF THE PLACE. MAKE THE SOUNDERS SHIT THEIR SHORTS.

I havva the faith in y'all, I do :D

Fishnicker
04-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Lineup:

Starting Lineup

1 - Greg Sutton (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=sutton_g&playerId=sut616187&statType=current) (GK)
5 - Kevin Harmse (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=harmse_k&playerId=har431426&statType=current)
8 - Pablo Vitti (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=vitti_p&playerId=vit636437&statType=current)
10 - Rohan Ricketts (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=ricketts_r&playerId=ric362713&statType=current)
11 - Jim Brennan (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=brennan_j&playerId=bre458455&statType=current)
14 - Dwayne De Rosario (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=derosario_d&playerId=der474619&statType=current)
15 - Adrian Serioux (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=serioux_a&playerId=ser300317&statType=current)
16 - Marvell Wynne (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=wynne_m&playerId=wyn444954&statType=current)
19 - Chad Barrett (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=barrett_c&playerId=bar569516&statType=current)
20 - Amado Guevara (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=guevara_a&playerId=gue671765&statType=current)
33 - Carl Robinson (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=robinson_c&playerId=rob295477&statType=current)
Substitutes

18 - Brian Edwards (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=edwards_b&playerId=edw032326&statType=current) (GK)
2 - Sam Cronin (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=cronin_s&playerId=cro434454&statType=current)
4 - Marco Velez (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=velez_m&playerId=vel177981&statType=current)
7 - Fuad Ibrahim (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=ibrahim_f&playerId=ibr050576&statType=current)
9 - Danny Dichio (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=dichio_d&playerId=dic279722&statType=current)
13 - Johann Smith (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=smith_j&playerId=smi630362&statType=current)
32 - Emmanuel Gomez (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=gomez_e&playerId=gom174981&statType=current)

Redcoe15
04-04-2009, 03:17 PM
The game looks real good in HD! :D

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 03:24 PM
1-0 seattle :(

TFC USA
Sounders up 1-0 on Ljungberg goal.

Ricketts is being crap again.

Hooligan69
Just as I suspected, 1-0 Seattle. Predictable.

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 03:25 PM
it was great defending by our boys. lol jesus.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 03:31 PM
This team blows in adverse weather.

No pun intended.

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
we have the wind at our backs, and are being out played. like WTF.
WAKE UP BOYS

Hooligan69
04-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I guess this season is going to be alot like our first two seasons.

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 03:44 PM
I guess this season is going to be alot like our first two seasons.

i wouldnt say that.. we do have points :P
nahh man, just a bad day to play in that weather. but no excuse.
they need to step up and play simple soccer.

billyfly
04-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I see a lot of the same bad things though.

Including ref'ing.

Corpand
04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Barrett, terrible as always. Good little engine but never delivers in the end.

Ricketts is being so predictable out there.

billyfly
04-04-2009, 03:51 PM
They're getting some chances but....

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
but shit! lol
like if they cant play WITH the wind..
what the hells gonna happen when seattle pushes with the wind.

2-0

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 03:53 PM
2-0.

We need a central defender. I'm done with this crap.

klampy
Nooooo!

Hooligan69
Holy fuck, TFC! Smarten up and play some football.

Super Cereal
This team fucking sucks.

Come on TFC!

TFC USA
Bench Harmse. Bench Ricketts.

Let's admit Seattle is just a great team at the moment.

starrynightnf
04-04-2009, 03:54 PM
seriously, wtf is happening out there??

billyfly
I smelt that coming.

LucaGol
How are those In Carver We Trust banners workin out for ya ....

... um ya

Corpand
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
whoa Barrett is PISSED at himself. Good for him. Maybe now he can actually put it behind the goalie.

ThunderTundra
We're getting rocked out there

Redcoe15
THIS IS
BULL!!!!!
FUCKING!!!!!
SHIT!!!!!

:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

ua-kozak_TFC
wow rickets... alot of talk.. but nothing on the field.... he;s like Welsh with the dribling... everytime hegets the ball you know he'll try to dribble.. and every time he FAILS...

Inklink
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
LOL That was awful.

Better see some passion in the 2nd half from the players. The fans sang 45+ minutes straight but no response from the team. And this defense sucks like hell. MO ARE YOU WATCHING??

Redcoe15
04-04-2009, 03:59 PM
ref'ing Sucks, As Usual! We Got Screwed Out Of A Penalty Shot!

ua-kozak_TFC
so much for those who were... " oohh seattle they just had too lucky wins..." rocker where are u?

Krasno.pL.
we need that DP.

or just learn how to put the ball on the ground and play normal soccer.

LucaGol
wow rickets... alot of talk.. but nothing on the field.... he;s like Welsh with the dribling... everytime hegets the ball you know he'll try to dribble.. and every time he FAILS...

As long as the website and training camps are up and running up ... I guess that's all that matters for "RR10"

unreal

jloome
04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
It's actually pretty simple.

1) Ricketts and DeRo aren't getting wing penetration, though that's where we're concentrating our play. One reason is because Sigi Schmidt has wisely had alonso drift to either line to help out whenever we attack. Plus, right now it looks like ricketts couldn't beat a lame dog if he had a big lame dog beating stick.

2) Schmidt is outcoaching Carver; we're playing containment pressure, remaining two yards off the ball, but Schmidt is playing a spread-the-field zonal offense where they create preordained passing lanes. In effect, by not pressuring the ball constantly, we're giving them time to set up in the half field.

3) Our link up play is non existent. We're hoofing, because the midfielders aren't coming back tot he ball when a defender is in possession.

4) Serioux and Harmse couldn't mark snow after a keg of beer.

Inklink
04-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Barrett and Vitti don't compliment each other perhaps. I want Dichio up there soon.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 04:02 PM

1) Ricketts and DeRo aren't getting wing penetration, though that's where we're concentrating our play. One reason is because Sigi Schmidt has wisely had alonso drift to either line to help out whenever we attack. Plus, right now it looks like ricketts couldn't beat a lame dog if he had a big lame dog beating stick.

2) Schmidt is outcoaching Carver; we're playing containment pressure, remaining two yards off the ball, but Schmidt is playing a spread-the-field zonal offense where they create preordained passing lanes. In effect, by not pressuring the ball constantly, we're giving them time to set up in the half field.

3) Our link up play is non existent. We're hoofing, because the midfielders aren't coming back tot he ball when a defender is in possession.

I think you overcomplicated it ... the way I see it.

Effort ... that's it plain and simple.

Seattle's work rate is much much higher than Toronto's and its paying off. Seattle is all over loose balls, putting pressure all over the damn field and have tremendous off the ball movement. Kudos to Sigi Schmid ... the miracle man who can compress a five year expansion team plan into one month. A true miracle worker.

They've been playing this way since their first pre-season game.

Lucky Strike
04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Brutal first half, I am pissed, two avoidable mistakes at the back and we were denied a penalty and a corner. Outrageous!

klampy
04-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Correct. And a huge problem on a day like today.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 04:05 PM

dude i;d like to differ they have a stroinger.. squad... prettty much at every position they are better than us... except for attacking midfield. I think it;s fault of those who build a team.
I am calling this now Seattle MLS Cup winner... as simple as that...( you might think my prediction is too soon... JUST remeber me... when its MLS CUP time.
it;s not that we are that bad... is just they are better and more effective than us... KNow how to control the ball.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 04:07 PM
dude i;d like to differ they have a stroinger.. squad... prettty much at every position they are better than us... except for attacking midfield. I think it;s fault of those who build a team.
I am calling this now Seattle MLS Cup winner... as simple as that...( you might think my prediction is too soon... JUST remeber me... when its MLS CUP time.

Careful ... you're not an RPB member ... so saying the truth like this might get you banned or something.

Oh ya ... and ur not a real supporter. :rolleyes:

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 04:11 PM
finally he took off rickets.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Cronin in for Ricketts. Thank f'ing god.

4-3-3 formation.

Couchpotatoe
04-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't know if TFC have the wind with them this half but if that was the case then they defo need to be playing it a bit more route 1. Really test their CB's and latch onto anything. Still 45 to go!

rocktml
04-04-2009, 04:16 PM
how about the casual fans get there head out of there asses and return to there seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couchpotatoe
04-04-2009, 04:19 PM
how about the casual fans get there head out of there asses and return to there seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha. Thinking along the same lines here fella.

Almost as bad as the hospitality seats on the half-way line at Wembley.

jloome
04-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Can't be bringing in Dichio because of the wind; it's hauling down everything already. We should be keeping it on the ground, short and fast.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Carver's negative football has reared its ugly head again.

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 04:24 PM
refs fuckin shyt..
how he got fifa apporved is beyond me

jloome
04-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah, that's why. He's better.

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Lots of empty seats now.

I think the majority of season ticket holders just got found out.....
We're here if we're winning... Never mind singing.

ua-kozak_TFC
Careful ... you're not an RPB member ... so saying the truth like this might get you banned or something.

Oh ya ... and ur not a real supporter. :rolleyes:
Yea i sould be more careful in pointing out the truth... any criticism against TFC is wrong...

Calvin
they get like 2 chances and score.that bird fucker puts his arm around harms' neck and hauls him down.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Can someone please explain to Concrete Carver that long ball soccer doesn't work anymore ... and hasn't for at least a decade.

Holy damn. GTFO now please.

Please ... I can't take any more of this stupidity.

Couchpotatoe
refs fuckin shyt..
how he got fifa apporved is beyond me

I haven't seen to many MLS games but when I have the referee's have always looked a bit dodgy. As the seasons mount up then I'm sure the standards of officials will improve with the football on display

Sab0tage
The ref is so ridiculously one sided.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 04:29 PM
The ref is the least of our worries.

Kayed
04-04-2009, 04:34 PM
aaaah fuck close

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Guevara off the bar.

Should've headed that SOB down.

dantdot
04-04-2009, 04:43 PM
This is just terrible to watch, fucking ugly football. And the turf, I don't know many more games I can watch on this garbage.

TFC USA
04-04-2009, 04:47 PM
We're just kidding ourselves right now.

KC sucks and Columbus is struggling. Seattle is quality and we're getting beaten badly. Maybe we're kidding ourselves.

Ricketts is done. Barrett is done. DeRo has been awful today. Vitti, Guevara and Brennan have been the only two that have brought their game.

Calvin
04-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Noone Cares If Other People Think Dero Will Make The Difference Of Tfc Making The Playoffs.

First Off Thats Epistemologically Unsound: Youre Asking 2 Questions In 1: You Could Say No Because You Dont Think Tfc Will Make The Playoffs Or Because You Dont Think He'll Make The Difference.

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Ugly. Just ugly.

starrynightnf
04-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I can't believe this is the home opener.

Corpand
04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Imagine if Montero was in.....oh jeesus we suck.

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
OMG long ball after long ball after long ball

KILL ME NOW PLEASE

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Put The Fuckin Ball On The Ground

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
wow are the stands empty or what.... check them out the honey moon is really over...

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Imagine if Montero was in.....oh jeesus we suck.
yea it would easily be a 5-0 game

Krasno.pL.
04-04-2009, 04:58 PM
wow are the stands empty or what.... check them out the honey moon is really over...

theres just beating the traffic.. LOL

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
honestly, Im embarassed for John Carver

... long ball into the worst wind ive ever seen ... i mean wow

bigkiwibird
04-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Ugh. Looked like 2007 out there. Here's to Seattle though. They played together well as a team and handled the conditions well. Next week!

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
theres just beating the traffic.. LOL
yea well i have never seen so many people beating the traffic at BMO...

starrynightnf
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
ah fuck :(

Seattle did a good job of kicking the ball from player to player to player until they made it to our end of the field....but we kept kicking the ball long down the field...with this wind...I just don't think that was smart.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
ah fuck :(

Seattle did a good job of kicking the ball from player to player to player until they made it to our end of the field....but we kept kicking the ball long down the field...with this wind...I just don't think that was smart.
That's called knowing how to have possesion of the ball... Soemthing i have NEVER seen in TFC in their 3 year history.

Marc"2L"
04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
How am I supposed to wear anything TFC related after that?

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-04-2009, 05:14 PM
That's called knowing how to have possesion of the ball... Soemthing i have NEVER seen in TFC in their 3 year history.
We did it at times last year. I think we have to go back to a 4-5-1, Dichio or Vitti holding up the ball as a lone frontman. That's the only formation that seems to work.

tml
04-04-2009, 05:16 PM
either we suck or seattle is just that good. It's a must win next game.

Redcoe15
04-04-2009, 05:17 PM
That was an embarassingly bad game. I haven't been this shamed since TFC lost out to Montreal in the CCL. I don't care about how well Seattle played. They're a first year expansion side. There is no way in hell we're supposed to lose to a first year expansion side at home.

And the ref'ing sucked as usual, big surprise! :prrr:

tml
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I noticed quite a few empty seats ...God do I hate scalpers..they ruin everything...anyone ever watch the EPL games or bundesliga..not one empty seat!!

tml
04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
That was an embarassingly bad game. I haven't been this shamed since TFC lost out to Montreal in the CCL. I don't care about how well Seattle played. They're a first year expansion side. There is no way in hell we're supposed to lose to a first year expansion side at home.

And the ref'ing sucked as usual, big surprise! :prrr:

Seattle is one of the better teams right now..I wish we started with a team like they have now :(

OneLoveOneEric
04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I can't believe I just froze my ass off to watch that abject load of crap. All I can think about is what the fuck our management has been doing for 2 years if Seattle can go 3-0 and play us off the park in our own ground for 70 minutes and we still look like the shit we do.
What a dissapointing day.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I noticed quite a few empty seats ...God do I hate scalpers..they ruin everything...anyone ever watch the EPL games or bundesliga..not one empty seat!!
Middlesbrough have only sold out a handful of games this season... Totally inconsequential, but thought I'd point it out.

Inklink
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, that was a massive letdown.

Kudos to Seattle, even without Montero they looked very dangerous. Our back line sucks, and it's sad that all 4 are more or less national team defenders -- 3 of them Canadians. The wide players were okay (Wynne, Brennan). Ricketts and Harmse were particularly bad.

Hopefully we see some better footy next game. DeRo looked REALLY agitated. I thought he was lucky to avoid a booking as he pushed a Sounder player twice in the game. On the other hand, that foul call against Dichio (where Vitti put the ball in the net) was downright awful.

Complain about the reffing all you want, though, it's not the reason we lost. Sigi outcoached JC, and the Sounders outplayed TFC.

Still ....

COME ON YOU REEEEDSS!

Eastend
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Just left BMO and I can't believe I froze my ass off for a shit match.like that....fuck fuck fuck

tml
04-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Middlesbrough have only sold out a handful of games this season... Totally inconsequential, but thought I'd point it out.

ok most of the top teams sell out & when they do they show up. any sporting event in N america always have empty seats even when all the tickets are sold...I'd like to have 20000 thousand fans @ BMO ...& not like 17000 or so that show up

Calvin
04-04-2009, 05:48 PM

2 responses

1: Many people are in beer garden

2: The seats you can see on camera are the ones most likely to corporate.

MFG1
04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
they got schooled today, 80% of short passes were right on to the sounders feet. Sigh....they should be embarassed I know I was

tml
04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
anyone know how to get Gate attendance for TFC games..I'm just curious how many people are actually @ the games

LucaGol
04-04-2009, 06:28 PM
2 responses

1: Many people are in beer garden

2: The seats you can see on camera are the ones most likely to corporate.

Which is another reason to get rid of that stupid thing and fill it in with stands.

I mean what is this a club or a soccer field.

brad
04-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Just got home, shockingly bad performance from us, and a very good one from Seattle. We were second to every ball, and could not string two passes together. Grrr.....

nfitz
04-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Didn't seem empty in the stadium - particularily given the beer garden was full, and there was clearly more people in some of the supporters sections than seats.

tml
04-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Didn't seem empty in the stadium - particularily given the beer garden was full, and there was clearly more people in some of the supporters sections than seats.

A good number of empty seats were shown on tv...the east stand!!! can't say much about the west side but I'm sure even more (corporate)

Chevy
04-04-2009, 07:08 PM
A good number of empty seats were shown on tv...the east stand!!! can't say much about the west side but I'm sure even more (corporate)

The concessions were unbearably slow and/or busy today. Probably why after the half the stands looked empty. I got back to my seat at the 70 minute mark.:eek:

Toronto Ruffrider
04-04-2009, 07:13 PM
The concessions were unbearably slow and/or busy today. Probably why after the half the stands looked empty. I got back to my seat at the 70 minute mark.:eek:

There were clearly new employees working the concession stands today, just as there were new employees at the home opener last year. I expect the concessions to (hopefully) improve as the season rolls along.

tml
04-04-2009, 07:16 PM

This seams to be a problem in most stadiums...is there a way to improve this?

Toronto Ruffrider
04-04-2009, 07:17 PM

The west stand looked pretty full to me. Empty seats popped up throughout the game, but I'm sure that had to do with overcrowded washrooms and slow concessions.

As for the east stand, I can only vouch for the section I was in (111). My section was loud and full until around the 87th minute; afterward, most people filed out.

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
A few thoughts:

1. Hey TFC, if you want us to get to the game early (your genius 3:45 start time), open up the gates an hour before "game time" you idiots...you want us to come early but even YOU dont abide by your start time.

2. Why the F*&K did you trade Marshall without a backup. He is no saviour but he is better than Velez and Harmse...idiotic move by MO

3. We got outcoached today...no question

4. Ricketts !!! Who is going to defend him now ? Now he needs to be benched...enough of this

5. I thought Barrett did not play as poorly as last game

6. Guevara was tired...we just did not build up from the middle...bomb after bomb...that is horrific play and coaching...

Toronto Ruffrider
04-04-2009, 07:21 PM
This seams to be a problem in most stadiums...is there a way to improve this?

Train the employees in how to work a register, preferably more than an hour in advance.:p

tml
04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
section 111 is always full it's the other sections that are somehow not to capacity

S_D
04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Which is another reason to get rid of that stupid thing and fill it in with stands.

I mean what is this a club or a soccer field.

Since the beer garden is so popular and expansion is a while away, they should sell the tables as seasons tickets with 4-6 seats as they do with the sideline tables.

It may open up some seats for others.

Toronto Ruffrider
04-04-2009, 07:35 PM
A few thoughts:

1. Hey TFC, if you want us to get to the game early (your genius 3:45 start time), open up the gates an hour before "game time" you idiots...you want us to come early but even YOU dont abide by your start time.

2. Why the F*&K did you trade Marshall without a backup. He is no saviour but he is better than Velez and Harmse...idiotic move by MO

3. We got outcoached today...no question

4. Ricketts !!! Who is going to defend him now ? Now he needs to be benched...enough of this

5. I thought Barrett did not play as poorly as last game

6. Guevara was tired...we just did not build up from the middle...bomb after bomb...that is horrific play and coaching...

1. I totally agree with you. Given the teething problems that were apparent at the concessions today, the club should have opened the gates a half hour earlier. Once I got into the stadium, I wasn't inclined to buy much food, as I don't care for wiggling through cattle herds.

2. We really could use a CB. I think this has been debated ad nauseum on this board, though.

3. Sigi Schmid did a fantastic job coaching Seattle today. The Sounders' game had a lot of flow and creativity, which is not something one expects from an expansion team. Columbus are screwed this season.

4. Time to bring in a player off the bench. But who do you go to, one of the youngsters perhaps?

5. Barrett wasn't atrocious, but I was glad when he was subbed.

6. With the wind being such a factor in today's game, we needed to play a ground-based game. Long balls don't work when the ball sails out of bounds or gets blown to one of the opposing players.

Toronto Ruffrider
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
section 111 is always full it's the other sections that are somehow not to capacity

The price on the ticket is inversely proportion to the number of people who show up. This also explains why TFC can sell an incredible amount of beer at insane prices.

J-Man
04-04-2009, 07:47 PM
My wife missed half of the second half because she was at the conssesion stand bying coffee, they didn't even know how to make that right.

MFG1
04-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Itook me from halftime till the 70th minute as well to get a hamburger for my nephew, we just went to the beer garden, that service at every stand was f+cking pathetic and amateurish. the whole day felt like april 2007. the only noticeable thing was the yellow jacketed security guards asking every single person for id when buying a beer.

Technorgasm
04-04-2009, 08:04 PM
shit

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Btw, you know what I took as a positive (which is pretty sad), those two gambian guys who were warming up during the half looked good !! lol...that was my positive moment

Hooligan69
04-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I am happy knowing I missed out on attending this pathetic display of football. It seems like nothing will ever change with TFC and we're all being taken for a ride as we're robbed blind. Our third season and we look absolutely horrendous on the pitch against a club in its first season. Disgraceful. But nobody cares since the stadium is sold out and everyone makes their money. Reminds me of the Maple Leafs.

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
The Sounders proved today you can have a 1 year plan for success, not this 5 year shite Mo had spewed, that was an abject display of how not to compete. Why the fuck did we let Marshall go, anyone??? Harmse, Wynne & Serioux ffs, we're crap at the back, those fuckers couldn't mark a bingo card

mclaren
04-04-2009, 08:28 PM
A lot of apologists on here like to complain when the realists among us demand a DP. How will we find him? What if he doesn't make a difference? Well, there was one DP on the pitch today and he made a difference. We as fans need to demand better. We have a DP spot but no will to use it.

bhoybobby
04-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I've asked that question from day 1. so, Why no DP & someone explain why Marshall was let go?

gerrard73
04-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I really feel that MLSE is the problem. The fact is that Seattle have owners that want to win! Drew Carey is a real football fan (or at least that's what he goes on about). I think that as long as Maple Leaf Sports puts asses in seats... they're happy. Another failing Toronto team is of no consequence to them whatsoever. We keep buying their shit, drinking their beer and renewing our season tix... that's all that matters to them! We have no DP (and I don't think we ever will anytime soon), we have a plastic pitch that won't get replaced, we have shit concessions, and I really feel that no one in head office gives a damn about winning... full stop. How does everyone else feel about that. Does anyone else feel like we're being robbed here???!!!

wzhxvy
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree...he should not have been traded..no way...MO might have had a deal almost done...but why the F&%$ he would trade him before he got a new CB is beyond me...and for those chanting BMO Reject Tyronne Marshall...very smart...its because he wanted to leave ? ...losers... and the guys we kept our better...yeah you showed Tyrone by chanting that today...

Hooligan69
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I really feel that MLSE is the problem. The fact is that Seattle have owners that want to win! Drew Carey is a real football fan (or at least that's what he goes on about). I think that as long as Maple Leaf Sports puts asses in seats... they're happy. Another failing Toronto team is of no consequence to them whatsoever. We keep buying their shit, drinking their beer and renewing our season tix... that's all that matters to them! We have no DP (and I don't think we ever will anytime soon), we have a plastic pitch that won't get replaced, we have shit concessions, and I really feel that no one in head office gives a damn about winning... full stop. How does everyone else feel about that. Does anyone else feel like we're being robbed here???!!!

I've actually felt that way off and on since 2007.

windsorlad111
04-04-2009, 09:06 PM
we played like turds. but you know what? our section had a good laugh meeting up with everyone after a few months off. we laughed at the shit football, we cheered when we saw a beer seller. we'll be back, and we are not about to f*ck off. we are here for the duration. so bring on the bad times, bring on the good times. BRING IT ON !

we are not Leafs supporters. WE SHOUTED OUR DELIGHT AND WE BOOED AT THE HALF TIME WHISTLE. We are here, and we are not moving. WHEN WE ARE NOT HAPPY WE WILL LET CARVER KNOW. etc...

loconet
04-04-2009, 10:41 PM
DP blah blah.

one fuckin guy is not going to solve our problems. I don't care if he's Messi or Cronaldo.

Point is, the whole team was out to lunch today. Not one guy will solve this. I trust Carver will do something about this. I hope to see something different next weekend.

tml
04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I hope this is awake up call to TFC..they better come out scoring next saturday!!!

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I hope this is awake up call to TFC..they better come out scoring next saturday!!!

Add defending better too, and I'll +1 to that!

I'm coming back next year sometime (hopefully), and they better get the three points next time!!!!!!! LA 07, SJ 08, TO 09...enough is enough! :mad:

Cashcleaner
04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
A lot of apologists on here like to complain when the realists among us demand a DP. How will we find him? What if he doesn't make a difference? Well, there was one DP on the pitch today and he made a difference. We as fans need to demand better. We have a DP spot but no will to use it.

That argument has been floating around in my head all day after watching Lundberg tear up the pitch. Every fucking second he had the ball he was a threat. And Lundberg is not the sort of player I would classify as a stereotypical "Superstar". Today he fucking brought it and it's obvious.

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 11:36 PM
That argument has been floating around in my head all day after watching Lundberg tear up the pitch. Every fucking second he had the ball he was a threat. And Lundberg is not the sort of player I would classify as a stereotypical "Superstar". Today he fucking brought it and it's obvious.

But then he was diving like there was no freakin' tomorrow.

Cash, weren't you at the game? I didn't see you dude...

Cashcleaner
04-04-2009, 11:43 PM
^ I was, but the whole kilt and warpaint is no more. I probably looked like everyone else up in my section.

twistedchinaman
04-04-2009, 11:47 PM
^ I was, but the whole kilt and warpaint is no more. I probably looked like everyone else up in my section.

Still didn't see you at Joe's or anything...oh well. Maybe next time man. :)

Cashcleaner
04-04-2009, 11:50 PM
^ Really? I didn't stay long but was near the rear projector screen talking to The Pope and CretanBull.

loconet
04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
so hey, hmm at least there was HD coverage?

Dirk Diggler
04-05-2009, 12:46 AM
DP blah blah.

one fuckin guy is not going to solve our problems. I don't care if he's Messi or Cronaldo.

Point is, the whole team was out to lunch today. Not one guy will solve this. I trust Carver will do something about this. I hope to see something different next weekend.

I'm sorry but I just have to call you out on your hyperbole ... if you seriously don't think that Messi would have made a difference today than you need to watch him play more often. Either that or you need to stop overestimating the talent in the MLS.

pepher
04-05-2009, 08:03 AM
I just thought a team with much more potential than TFC teams in the past played like crap and I hope Carver gave them hell after the game. They can play better, I have no doubt. what worries me is if they don't prove it during their home opener against a 2-0 newbie team when exactly were they planning on showing us what they can do at home?

loconet
04-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry but I just have to call you out on your hyperbole ... if you seriously don't think that Messi would have made a difference today than you need to watch him play more often. Either that or you need to stop overestimating the talent in the MLS.

If you actually think we would get a Messi-like player, you are on a different planet. But even if we did, so what?

Once he is injured or on international duty what happens? What happens once he is gone from the club? Retires or decides to move on? What next? Throw another 2million dollar single band-aid on the problem to appease the masses? A long-term successful club is not built like that. This "lust" for a DP is ridiculous and shows ignorance in how the game is played. We shouldn't think of it as the missing piece that will solve everything. It will not.

A successful team is not built around a single gimmick. Barcelona is not just Messi. It is Xavi and Iniesta feeding balls to Eto'o or Bojan and combining with Henry and Messi. It is Yaya or Keita maintaing control of the ball and chasing players down in the midfield. It is Alves driving the defenders crazy as he makes those runs up and down the right side complementing the attack. It is a solid set of defenders in Marquez/Pique, when healthy Abidal and of course the heart of the team - Puyol. A backline that knows their position and defends intelligently. It is the genius of Pep. It is the beautiful harmoneous football the _whole_ team plays that makes Barca successful. It isn't just Messi.

Yes, Messi is Barca's jewel. He is the best player in the world right now IMO. But it is funny that you pick him as an example of someone that could solve "all" of our problems because I watch him and Barca week in and out and I can tell you right now, a "Messi" would not solve much in our team. Him being thrown in the TFC that I watched played yesterday would not get us the cup. We have bigger problems and they cannot be solved with a single gimmick.

LucaGol
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
If you actually think we would get a Messi-like player, you are on a different planet. But even if we did, so what?

Once he is injured or on international duty what happens? What happens once he is gone from the club? Retires or decides to move on? What next? Throw another 2million dollar single band-aid on the problem to appease the masses? A long-term successful club is not built like that. This "lust" for a DP is ridiculous and shows ignorance in how the game is played. We shouldn't think of it as the missing piece that will solve everything. It will not.

A successful team is not built around a single gimmick. Barcelona is not just Messi. It is Xavi and Iniesta feeding balls to Eto'o or Bojan and combining with Henry and Messi. It is Yaya or Keita maintaing control of the ball and chasing players down in the midfield. It is Alves driving the defenders crazy as he makes those runs up and down the right side complementing the attack. It is a solid set of defenders in Marquez/Pique, when healthy Abidal and of course the heart of the team - Puyol. A backline that knows their position and defends intelligently. It is the beautiful harmoneous football the _whole_ team plays that makes Barca successful. It isn't just Messi.

Yes, Messi is Barca's jewel. He is the best player in the world right now IMO. But it is funny that you pick him as an example of someone that could solve "all" of our problems because I watch him and Barca week in and out and I can tell you right now, a "Messi" would not solve much. Him being thrown in the TFC that I watched played yesterday would not get us the cup. We have bigger problems and they cannot be solved with a single gimmick.

^ someone is missing the point entirely

point ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- you

loconet
04-05-2009, 10:43 AM
^ someone is missing the point entirely

point ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- you

Oh, I see the point. I just don't think a DP will solve our problems long term and build the consistent successful team we all wish. If we can get a DP great but IMO, there are other issues (already discussed at length on these boards) that need to be addressed before we start looking for a DP and making it our only goal.

LucaGol
04-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh, I see the point. I just don't think a DP will solve our problems long term and build the consistent successful team we all wish. If we can get a DP great but IMO, there are other issues (already discussed at length on these boards) that need to be addressed before we start looking for a DP and making it our only goal.

The issue is that you said having Leo Messi himself would not have made a difference yesterday ...

Oooobvsiouly Leo Messi is not coming here ... oh k.

But IF he were ... he could have probably scored 3 goals all by himself.

But this neither here nor there and quite frankly I feel ridiculous just mentioning TFC and Leo Messi, arguably the greatest player on the planet, in the same sentence.

The real point is that having a DP player makes a positive impact ... may not be a huge impact, but its tangible ... What's more is that it's a tool that many of the teams in the league are using to improve their teams. We are being left behind unfortunately for reasons which I cannot or may not ever know.

Hooligan69
04-05-2009, 11:15 AM
You want to know what will improve our Toronto FC? Ownership that actually gives a damn.

EvanVidinu
04-05-2009, 11:22 AM
You want to know what will improve our Toronto FC? Ownership that actually gives a damn.

Like that will ever happen...

loconet
04-05-2009, 12:06 PM
The issue is that you said having Leo Messi himself would not have made a difference yesterday ...

Oooobvsiouly Leo Messi is not coming here ... oh k.

But IF he were ... he could have probably scored 3 goals all by himself.

I see what you mean but my original point was not in reference to a single game. Maybe someone like Messi could have made a difference _yesterday_ but my point is that a DP is not guaranteed long-term consistent success. Would you not want that instead of a one-time fix? A DP is not going to solve all of the team's problems no matter who he is. While ljungberg was a positive thing for Seattle yesterday, the _whole_ team got them the win.

LucaGol
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I see what you mean but my original point was not in reference to a single game. Maybe someone like Messi could have made a difference _yesterday_ but my point is that a DP is not guaranteed long-term consistent success. Would you not want that instead of a one-time fix? A DP is not going to solve all of the team's problems no matter who he is. While ljungberg was a positive thing for Seattle yesterday, the _whole_ team got them the win.

Agreed.

Cigano7
04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
But then he was diving like there was no freakin' tomorrow.

Cash, weren't you at the game? I didn't see you dude...

But he made a diference and guess what his goal showed what we TFC CANT DO, and that is even get two damm passes together let alone a give and go play like his first goal, they played football from what I seen at the stadium yesterday, we played maybe at best sunday footy with pals as DeRo like all dident show up, and that is also something to question and ask that Newcastle man, as in Columbus we werent impressive nor were we yesterday ffs...

I can live with my team having a DP that decides games and sometimes goes for a olympic dive, if it means we win and we are 3-0 instead of 1-1-1 and maybe facing three years with no playoff's.

mclaren
04-05-2009, 06:01 PM

Nothing, nothing is guaranteed in football. But would you rather try or do nothing? Better to be in with a chance of a good player than not at all surely.

Inswingingwingman
04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Well it was my first game.

I did play on an Ontario OFFSA winning soccer team, though did not get my feet on the pitch often in important games. And I was a linesman for a few years. I NEVER saw such a bad job of officiating in my life. That was horrible.

The walk into the wind was interesting. I still have wind burn.

The team played like they were frozen. The worst was after Smith came in, he was standing right in front of me (I was a few rows up from the pitch), and someone was coming up the left back with the ball and he stood there like a statue at which time his teamate started yelling Run Run ...he never really did.

The Seaweed jerseys remind me of stuff I once ...never mind.

The crowd might have been great, but 2 thirds of the way up the pitch from the south end what noise they made might have been carried to New York. I could sort of hear them. I could see the Red Patch Boys sign and you could tell they were jumping and pointing but it would have been great to hear.

Once I realized how hard it was to take a leak I drank only one beer. Plus I was cold enough to ask the beer guy if they had a coffee guy. Got a laugh.

The game change when Dicho came in. Chances. Long balls he could handle. He would have been more useful when we had the wind, he would have been able to deal with the balls. The pass from Brennen to Armando's head was a beaut. Should have been a goal.

Again, to me, the team played like ice, and the officials should be disciplined after someone watches the game tapes. I was often right across from the offside calls and they made no sense unless you count the fact that someone in a TFC jersey on the sidelines looks like they are on the pitch, OR if you remember that someone was near the net last time and the next time they touch the ball they were offsides 3 minutes ago...pathetic.

Great atmosphere despite the windstorm and the pigeon that tried to fly north for 3 minutes and got nowhere finally turned south and left, we laughed really hard at that.

Inswingingwingman
04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
About empty seats. Ever watch a Raptors game. All those empty seats near courtside, the people are downstairs snacking on caviar and champagne and watching the game on big screen tv's. The wife gets to go every year as a guest of a bank, and they only spend half the game upstairs.

Well maybe not caviar, but you know....

Oh, and 2 glasses of champagne and she'll....never mind that either...

pekduck
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Well it was my first game.

I did play on an Ontario OFFSA winning soccer team, though did not get my feet on the pitch often in important games. And I was a linesman for a few years. I NEVER saw such a bad job of officiating in my life. That was horrible.

welcome to MLS :(

Bobo
04-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Was the disallowed goal offside or a Dichio foul? I've heard both.

And was it a dive or a penalty when Ricketts when down in the box?

cmonyoureds
04-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I agree...he should not have been traded..no way...MO might have had a deal almost done...but why the F&%$ he would trade him before he got a new CB is beyond me...and for those chanting BMO Reject Tyronne Marshall...very smart...its because he wanted to leave ? ...losers... and the guys we kept our better...yeah you showed Tyrone by chanting that today...

that "TO Reject" chant made me sick, ill informed, moronic bastards.

A DP will not make Ricketts consistent. Will not give Barrett confidence to produce. etc. etc. etc.

I think we're just p*** Ljundberg made a difference yesterday. Had Montero played, we'd be pissed at scouting and drafting instead.

Bad day all around. Most important thing now is how they rebound.

BallardSounder
04-05-2009, 08:08 PM

It was a Dichio foul (shove on the header back to Vitti). Both Seattle defenders and Keller pull up on the whistle.

Have to watch it again for the Ricketts play. If it is the one I think it was, I thought it was a clean tackle, but should have then been a corner. If it wasn't out for a corner, it should have been a penalty.

DILEAS
04-05-2009, 09:10 PM
ok most of the top teams sell out & when they do they show up. any sporting event in N America always have empty seats even when all the tickets are sold...I'd like to have 20000 thousand fans @ BMO ...& not like 17000 or so that show up
Dude there was 20659 fans in attendance may be if it wasn't so (cold) they might of sat in the seats instead of waiting in line for hot chocolate for 30mins to find out BMO field ran out of all the hot drinks.

tml
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Dude there was 20659 fans in attendance may be if it wasn't so (cold) they might of sat in the seats instead of waiting in line for hot chocolate for 30mins to find out BMO field ran out of all the hot drinks.

I'm willing to put money the game was not a sell out...yes maybe ticket wise but not actual attendance...it's either scalpers have too many tickets or people just don't show up.

nfitz
04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Seemed pretty full to me; sitting on the west side, there didn't seem to be many empty seats I could see - especially given that many were in the Beer Garden, and overfilling the supporters sections. Sure, there was some empties - but no more than ever I'd say.

rocker
04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Seemed pretty full to me; sitting on the west side, there didn't seem to be many empty seats I could see - especially given that many were in the Beer Garden, and overfilling the supporters sections. Sure, there was some empties - but no more than ever I'd say.

east side looked totally full early in the match from my view directly across.

but right before half (after seattle scored that second goal) people were streaming to the concourses in disgust.

Jeffro
04-06-2009, 01:55 AM

Ricketts took a big dive. It was right in front of me, and I was pissed. The defender touched Rohan's shoulder and Rohan went down like a ton of bricks. The shame of it was Ricketts got fouled about 1 minute later in dangerous position just outside the box, no call cause Ricketts lost credibility with the ref for that brutal dive.

Wighty
04-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm willing to put money the game was not a sell out...yes maybe ticket wise but not actual attendance...it's either scalpers have too many tickets or people just don't show up.

Tickets were available on ticketmaster when I checked at around noon the day of the game. They were expensive, but did come up for sale.

toker
04-06-2009, 07:46 AM
that was a brutal dive