PDA

View Full Version : Video Evidence!

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Heres a video of us clearly not booing the US national anthem as said on City News

dT5blo-sssU
:dita::dita::dita:

I know noone did except for one drunk guy who quickly shut up. But i think TFC fans really deserve an apology from the news media :mad:

Sonny Cheeba
04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Heres a video of us clearly not booing the US national anthem as said on City News

v=dT5blo-sssU
:dita::dita::dita:

I know noone did except for one drunk guy who quickly shut up. But i think TFC fans really deserve an apology from the news media :mad:

dT5blo-sssU

fixed

TorontoBlades
04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
those look like Kolumbus supporters since all I see ...is white ;)

TorontoBlades
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
sorry I see it now...my bad

MartinUtd
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I haven't read or seen any thing about booing of the anthem.. was this on their website or a live telecast? (no need to link, just curious)

jrey
04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I've got to be honest -- the cheering in this video is INSANELY disorganized. The standard TFC chant is even being butchered. At least until the end when the drum kicks in.

Shocking.

BFin
04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
hahah that video is bringing back chills, i was right behind that filming.

I want to go back!

Roogsy
04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
I haven't read or seen any thing about booing of the anthem.. was this on their website or a live telecast? (no need to link, just curious)

There has been LOTS of talk about it. And it pisses me off since it didn't happen. Apparently accuracy isn't a requirement for some of these news media.

Carts
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Send it to them, with a proper, professional, polite msg attached...

Show them proof that what they reported was incorrect...

Carts...

AL-MO
04-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Good luck getting an apology from the media.

dantdot
04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I demand a retraction you incompetent dinosaur whores.

MartinUtd
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
There has been LOTS of talk about it. And it pisses me off since it didn't happen. Apparently accuracy isn't a requirement for some of these news media.

Having kept away from the shit storm I'm really just realizing how completely out of proportion this thing has been blown. I heard about the 590 dick's and read the Gareth Wheeler article and even read message board rumblings of booing at the anthem, but I didn't think that was getting picked up by the MSM too. I couldn't believe a still shot of the youtube video made the front page of the Sun when I saw it at the pub last night. I could only laugh at the absurdity of it. That's what I expect from the paper that had the headline "BASTARDS" after 9/11.

TOBOR !
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Having kept away from the shit storm I'm really just realizing how completely out of proportion this thing has been blown. I heard about the 590 dick's and read the Gareth Wheeler article and even read message board rumblings of booing at the anthem, but I didn't think that was getting picked up by the MSM too. I couldn't believe a still shot of the youtube video made the front page of the Sun when I saw it at the pub last night. I could only laugh at the absurdity of it. That's what I expect from the paper that had the headline "BASTARDS" after 9/11.

what an age we live in. First we learn that Esky is dealt away when he updates his Facebook status, and now the Toronto Sun uses a frame from a YouTube video on the front page ?

what was the headline - "OH NOEZ" ?

Cas87
04-01-2009, 03:34 PM
This is just IMO but I think the Media Outlets in Toronto are attacking on us RPBs now b/c:
1) a few bad apples finally gave them something to talk about and, Most importantly
2) They all thought the Team and Fan support would be dead and burried by now and we proved them wrong!
Instead of admitting they were wrong they want to make sure the fans of TFC get so much control over our actions at games that no one will want to go to games anymore except the corporate big wigs and part-timers.
Then once the MLS moves the team do to lack of atmosphere, the media will say "Told you so" to the idea that soccer can't work in Toronto.

Well to all the media outlets in Toronto you can shove it, damn bastards just looking for a story to ruin everyone's day

TIRONA
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
This is just IMO but I think the Media Outlets in Toronto are attacking on us RPBs now b/c:
1) a few bad apples finally gave them something to talk about and, Most importantly
2) They all thought the Team and Fan support would be dead and burried by now and we proved them wrong!
Instead of admitting they were wrong they want to make sure the fans of TFC get so much control over our actions at games that no one will want to go to games anymore except the corporate big wigs and part-timers.
Then once the MLS moves the team do to lack of atmosphere, the media will say "Told you so" to the idea that soccer can't work in Toronto.

Well to all the media outlets in Toronto you can shove it, damn bastards just looking for a story to ruin everyone's day

well said... did u go to university of windsor? or are u still there? thats where i went for 5 years, just finished last semester.

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-01-2009, 10:53 PM
how about when the crew fan's were sayin U.S.A when O Canada came on !!!! I know cause i was there that no one boooed the US national anthem.

FluSH
04-01-2009, 11:09 PM
and you clearly see my hand (at the bottom) trying to silence everyone... 'cause God forbid they think we are disrespecting their anthem if we sign it.

Roogsy
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
That's what I expect from the paper that had the headline "BASTARDS" after 9/11.

That was the day I promised never to buy a Toronto Sun ever again. The 9/11 headline was the most disgusting, amateurish piece of journalism I had ever seen. I distinctly remember it being the moment I realized what a low-brow rag it truly was. A historic moment, captured by the Sun with "BASTARDS". To this day, I shake my head in disbelief.

Ratven
04-02-2009, 12:42 AM
how about when the crew fan's were sayin U.S.A when O Canada came on !!!! I know cause i was there that no one boooed the US national anthem.

I distinctly remember them chanting USA well into their own anthem. How do I remember this? Oh, that's right... because there was complete silence in our end when their anthem came on, and I could hear them loud and clear still going on with USA, USA.

FluSH
04-02-2009, 12:12 PM
BumP

for those who didn't go to the game and only had 10-12 reliable sources.

dupont
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
That's what I expect from the paper that had the headline "BASTARDS" after 9/11.

Yep. That headline takes the cake as the dumbest AND most disrespectful piece of "journalism" ever printed.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gv7nz8.jpg