PDA

View Full Version : Praise from Sounders fans...

Erkan16
03-31-2009, 11:26 PM
i was just over at the Sounders message board and was surprised to find nothing but good things on their end.

everyone there pretty much acknowledges that we are a great lot (both fans and players) and the MLS was "unwatchable" until we stepped in. we have a great home field and our fans provide great atmosphere.

hats off to the sounder lot.... but come Saturday its all business :stogey:

Shakes McQueen
04-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Since you created a new thread for this, you could have at least given us a link or something, haha.

- Scott

Brooker
04-01-2009, 06:50 AM
ECS board or bigsoccer?

JDG
04-01-2009, 07:13 AM
A couple of their leaders contacted us last year. They flew out to attend a game, and sampled the Tailgate as well.
It was good times, and I'm certain we made a positive impression.

Inklink
04-01-2009, 07:33 AM
To be honest, Seattle's becoming my second favourite team. I know they're only 2 games in, but the more of these types of atmospheres in the league, the better!

rocker
04-01-2009, 08:19 AM
i don't have any second favourite team in MLS. if seattle was in a different league, maybe... but I can't have a second favourite, whether Seattle, Chivas, Colorado or whatever. they are all the enemy.

Hitcho
04-01-2009, 08:24 AM
^ i see where you're coming from rocker and I kind of agree. But I'd say Seattle are the team are I would least mind winning the league after us.

And either way, kudos on their fans and atmosphere. I already want to get out to a Sounders game and check it out.

TFC is the only love for me though. COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!!!

jloome
04-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Seattle has a separate board

http://goalseattle1.proboards.com (http://goalseattle1.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sounders)

Ossington Mental Youth
04-01-2009, 08:59 AM
gotta say i agree with Rocker.
I dont want any team to win but TFC
I appreciate their appreciation thats about where it ends

jloome
Bloody thing won't put in the right link. This is to the main menu:

http://goalseattle.com/

T-Bird
That's great to hear! And Seattle is a beautiful city too

Parkdale
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
it's not hard to see what is happening in Toronto and want to emulate the positives. Hopefully all new expansion teams understand that they need to step up their game. Philly is going to be big, and probably Vancouver will be too. I don't see any expansions going to cities that can't build a good base of supporters.

torfchamilton
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Any Seattle fans coming on Saturday?

Joe Kool
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I just read through their pregame threads. Funny how some of them think that we are scared/worried to play them. The one guy has a friend who has a brother who knows Cronin and apparently Sam says he scared to play Seattle. Yeah right. Interesting how quick overconfidence can build from winning 2 games. Losing skids hit every team eventually. They will learn that soon enough to bring them down a notch. Oh well, all the best for them (except against TFC) and keeping their atmosphere going because we need it in the MLS.

billyfly
04-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Any mention on how we "don the foil" when we travel. (too soon to joke?)

Frank Costanza
04-01-2009, 10:02 AM
I am in the party of those that says seattle is my second fav mls team ,it is all business they are all the enemy but i do appreciate that we are the ambassadors of a league that existed for 11 yrs without us and only now is it becoming the "expansion to get" come saturday i want to bury that team, 3-0 would be huge, show them that hot starts dont neccesarily mean you can float through the 30 game sched. and playin in the toughest stadium in all of mls it will be a match to remember

ginkster88
04-01-2009, 10:07 AM
It is kind of funny how things started to come together for MLS as soon as Toronto joined up... :D

Erkan16
04-01-2009, 10:14 AM
http://goalseattle1.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=seattlemls&action=display&thread=3230

SweetOwnGoal
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
The Seattle SG board is actually here:
http://www.weareecs.com/

ilikemusic
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Seattle has a sweet kit.

Im going to buy one eventually.

This league was in dire need of green.

Roogsy
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't mind Seattle.

And the LA fans were very gracious when we went down. So I have no ill feelings towards them either.

Most of the league, I could care less what the fan groups are or are doing.

But Columbus I hate.

Hate.

They are constantly screwing up our vibe. They ruined the streamer fun. They are basically racist hicks. And they looked for a fight last weekend for which WE are getting blamed for.

Columbus can lick my balls.

GabrielHurl
04-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I could care less about what other teams supporters think of us to be honest

BallardSounder
04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
There was a remark going around one of the boards that some of the Sounders, those who haven't played in MLS before, are going to be in for a letdown for the first game in LA. Sadly, not all the teams have the support Toronto and Seattle have.

ginkster88
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
^^ and not the Galaxy, but Chivas USA... even more pitiful support.

Red Rat
04-01-2009, 01:01 PM
I can't wait to go there..

Technorgasm
04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I could care less about what other teams supporters think of us to be honest

x10

you dont like us, we dont care

SilentSam
04-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I am pamped to see these two teams play. Seattle has look awesome so far. I can't say I favour as a second team but I respect them so far.

The Iron Sheik
04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
i remember i go to seattle. i never see so meny jabronis in wan place! all of them worse than michal jeckson! drink tha cafee laik litel..well, i no can say wordes her for rugsy he told me no to say, but seatol peepols is worse than michal jecksan! i lik drink mabe one beer, coniac wisky amercan wisky rum one time, i take jek robers coke to canada and he only gif me a litel peace! fackyou jek robers! i put you th camol clach brek you beck an fack ur ass mek you hamble

Shaughno
04-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes! The sheik is back. :D

Cambridge_Red
04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Tfc Will Make You Humble

Shakes McQueen
04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Those Sounders fans were class, from what I read. No childish mud slinging, just respect for what we are doing. A bunch of them even said they'd be lucky to get out with a draw at BMO.

Strange to read. If that was a Columbus message board, they'd be calling us reckless hoodlums, who only have our healthcare to brag about, haha. Or maybe saying they hate Canada, or whatever.

Glad to see we don't have a blood feud with every team in the league, haha.

- Scott

BallardSounder
04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I think everybody; no matter what team you support, what country you live in, or what city you love, is pretty much united in their knowledge that Columbus truely sucks.

That's one thing Seattle will never have on Toronto, a deeply dislikeable rival.

ginkster88
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
^^ Your name leads me to infer that you are from the area, but I thought there was a bitter rivalry with Portland out there. Am I incorrect?

Suds
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
I think everybody; no matter what team you support, what country you live in, or what city you love, is pretty much united in their knowledge that Columbus truely sucks.

ah, the common ground .. Columbus Sucks!

James Oliphant
04-01-2009, 04:57 PM
ah, the common ground .. Columbus doesn't matter!

Fixed.

NateDoGG
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
i hope other mls fans see and learn and emmulate what they have seen from us
if the mls had a supporters group like us, this league would be ten times more better to watch

BallardSounder
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
^^ Your name leads me to infer that you are from the area, but I thought there was a bitter rivalry with Portland out there. Am I incorrect?

Correct, the Portland Timbers are the hated rivals, but it would be like if TFC were rivals with Vancouver. You might hate the team and fans with all your heart, but you have to admit the city itself is pretty nice.

It kind of takes some of the fun out of hating them having to admit you like visiting their city. Toronto can enjoy no such ambiguity with Columbus.

boysblue
04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Have no real opinion of the football team yet, but the city of Seattle is absolutely one of the finest in the USA. A beautiful place.

DC