PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper TIFO... wrong message?

mastermixer
03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
First off let me say I am a die-hard TFC fan, and love to see the support that the Reds get from us. However, seeing the newspaper thing on youtube made me wonder what the objective of the fans down in Columbus was. I have seen many TIFO's and all of them have been done to show support for their own team, not to bash the opposition. I know its Columbus and everything but wouldnt it been a little classier to make a production of showing TFC support than bash a pre-game ceremony that was not meant for TFC fans to begin with.

Shaughno
03-31-2009, 11:15 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is all.

Shaughno
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Actually, I'll tell you what. Check out this site, browse though some pictures and get back to me on your post.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/index.php?showforum=37

James Oliphant
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM

That is all.

Seconded.

Also, facepalm.

Azerban
03-31-2009, 11:17 AM
it was funny and it ruled

get the sand out

olegunnar
It's an often used TIFO.

I think U-sector used a picture from Poland to descibe the effect. Also I've seen it on tv at NCAA basketball games (for visiting team intros) kind of like the "who dat?" chant when someone from the opposing team is introduced.

It's not bashing...it's a sign of disinterest. We went down to support our team, not to watch their trophy ceremony.

Wagner
First off let me say I am a die-hard TFC fan, and love to see the support that the Reds get from us. However, seeing the newspaper thing on youtube made me wonder what the objective of the fans down in Columbus was. I have seen many TIFO's and all of them have been done to show support for their own team, not to bash the opposition. I know its Columbus and everything but wouldnt it been a little classier to make a production of showing TFC support than bash a pre-game ceremony that was not meant for TFC fans to begin with.

FAIL

</thread>

GabrielHurl

That is all.

x 2 - seriously

Ladies Love Julius James
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM

I agree 100%. no I dont.

James Oliphant
03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree 100%. no I dont.

Heh...I predict >50 people are going to miss this.

Daveisonfire
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
:noidea:......

Whoop
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't know. Some of the guys on the bench were laughing along with us.

They must have been heartbroken.

sulfur
03-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Heh...I predict >50 people are going to miss this.
Nah, only 42 will miss it.

mastermixer
03-31-2009, 11:22 AM
I'd like to retract my statement. Maybe I just feelt bad for the shite supporters they have down there.
It did look wicked cool seeing that though!!!

Lucky Strike
03-31-2009, 11:22 AM
I very much liked the newspaper TIFO, it was very tongue-in-cheek, it's not as if we went down there and broke the legs of the table the trophy was sitting on and spit on it. It makes me love it even more because it was simple and effective.

rocker
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
that TIFO was great. never seen that done in MLS.

Frank Costanza
03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
hey we bring life to the mls, it makes headlines, easy to forget beckam when you have road riots in columbus ohio, gotta love that

TFC for life baby

DVS
03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I think it was the most brilliant and best executed TIFO by TFC supporters. Its simple but its a great start.

Oh and agreed about this being a horrible thread

TorontoFC_Matt
03-31-2009, 11:28 AM
yet another pointless

http://www.ed2010.com/files/images/747813_thread.jpg

Pookie
03-31-2009, 11:29 AM
I loved it. I just wish it had been captured live on GolTV.

To organize like that is something unique. Though not the first time it was ever done at a sporting event, I certainly prefer that to the standard "boo" that you get elsewhere.

Oblio2
03-31-2009, 11:31 AM

Part of being a supporter at an away game is to not only support your team but wind up the oppositions fans/players. It's part of the job.
Watch an EPL match and you'll hear chants directed at opposing fans, simply to laugh, make fun of and annoy them.
The fact that Columbus had a pre-game ceremoney made is sweeter. It wasn't disrespectful but showed that the TFC fans didn't give a shit. It was classic.

billyfly
03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
If we hadn't done this I never would have read the article and been informed that "Balls out, Wangs are in: Study".

trane
03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Message was we do not give a shit; because we do not give a shit. I think that is a prety correct accurate message.

TorontoBlades
03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
I think creating TIFO is show that you do in fact give a shit....going through all that trouble, if you don't give a shit is a contradiction, ain't it?

trane
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
^ Creating a TIFO is a way of getting under the skin, that is what we are supposed to do. I know the media would like us to polite and curtious, but this is fucking football, not a tennis match at wimbeldon.

Heathen
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM

it was a Tifo? I was just looking for a new car in the Wheels section

Fort York Redcoat
03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
I think creating TIFO is show that you do in fact give a shit....going through all that trouble, if you don't give a shit is a contradiction, ain't it?

Oh I hope Columbus doesn't make that connection.:rolleyes:

Toronto Gunner
03-31-2009, 12:06 PM

It's not a contradiction, it's irony. delicious irony.

TorontoBlades
03-31-2009, 12:06 PM
^ Creating a TIFO is a way of getting under the skin, that is what we are supposed to do. I know the media would like us to polite and curtious, but this is fucking football, not a tennis match at wimbeldon.

I know and completely understand. But you have to give a shit to want to get under someone's skin. That's the point I'm trying to make

Boudge
03-31-2009, 12:35 PM
@ MASTERMIXER

You my friend are an idiot, that newspaper idea was pure genius and whoever thought of it deserves a medal!

Go away no one likes you!:canada:

Ratven
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow, some people just come out of the woodwork sometimes.

Hey guys, I'm also a die hard TFC fan... but I'm just wondering... all that noise we're making during the games, perhaps we should consider that our goal is to help our team... and the fact is that noise of ANY kind simply distracts our boys from doing the job.

For example: Andrea Lombardo could've been an allstar striker for us, but we were often chanting his name, so he would inevidably get distracted and miss runs, or kick the ball into the parking lot.

This kind of begs the question though, what's Barret's excuse? :rolleyes:

trane
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
^ Cramps.

Mrs. Workie
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Ugh, no wonder I avoid this section more often that not...

TorontoBlades
03-31-2009, 12:47 PM

Hey guys, I'm also a die hard TFC fan... but I'm just wondering... all that noise we're making during the games, perhaps we should consider that our goal is to help our team... and the fact is that noise of ANY kind simply distracts our boys from doing the job.

For example: Andrea Lombardo could've been an allstar striker for us, but we were often chanting his name, so he would inevidably get distracted and miss runs, or kick the ball into the parking lot.

Any true footballer wants to play on the best stage. If these players can't take the atmosphere - then they are simply better suited to play in a pub league or a team that doesn't generate support. Imagine growing up dreaming of playing at Anfield or Camp Nou and being scared straight at BMO.

Roogsy
03-31-2009, 12:48 PM
@ MASTERMIXER

You my friend are an idiot, that newspaper idea was pure genius and whoever thought of it deserves a medal!

Go away no one likes you!:canada:

No need for that. He had an opinion. That's his right.

The rest of us liked it. Add to that the fact that the simplicity of it made the Tifo go off as well as we hoped.

It rocked. I think he realized that now. Let's move on without calling a fellow TFC fan names.

Boschmeister
03-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Why is that a good portion of the useless/complaint threads regarding Columbus are from people who didn't make the trip down?

Ratven
03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Any true footballer wants to play on the best stage. If these players can't take the atmosphere - then they are simply better suited to play in a pub league or a team that doesn't generate support. Imagine growing up dreaming of playing at Anfield or Camp Nou and being scared straight at BMO.

Are you serious? http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

TorontoBlades
03-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Damn straight....I wasn't sure if you were

Roogsy
03-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Why is that a good portion of the useless/complaint threads regarding Columbus are from people who didn't make the trip down?

Ugh...so so true.

Boondaddy
I told my wife about it and she laughed her ass off....and she is totally 100% unbiased. There is your answer as to why it was done...

Cambridge_Red

http://www.rudezone.net/images/notThisShitAgain.gif

MFBODD
03-31-2009, 12:55 PM

So true. If only Andrea happened to be deaf he'd be playing for a top tier club in Europe.

denime
03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Useless thread closed sorry

Cashcleaner
03-31-2009, 01:19 PM
The newspaper idea was an awesome idea and it really looked kick-ass in the photos. C'mon, you can't beat the image of a thousand or so TFC fans reading the classifieds during Columbus's trophy presentation.