PDA

View Full Version : Would You Support a version of a Ladies TFC?

tfc007
03-31-2009, 09:55 AM
I watch a bit of the new Women Proffesional Soccer League that opened up this weekend, My question is ,say Maple Leaf Sports and Greed decided to put a Ladies TFC Team in the WPS,Would you support it full throttle like the men.

TOBOR !
03-31-2009, 09:58 AM
"the message I have entered is too short"

Vhoghul
03-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Depends how cute they are....

Yeah, I'm a pig...

bee dubya
03-31-2009, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't oppose it but I don't think I'd be purchasing season tix either.

TFC FORZA RPB
03-31-2009, 10:07 AM
They might force you too, if you want partials

I wouldn't oppose it but I don't think I'd be purchasing season tix either.

Mikey
03-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Does this mean Andy Welsh is coming back?

I honestly don't know.......

drewski
03-31-2009, 10:09 AM
moral support? yes

financial support? probably not

mammary support? if they are cute, most definitely

Roogsy
03-31-2009, 10:11 AM
No. Sorry, I simply don't find women's sport interesting. Much in the same way I don't find college or minor league sport interesting either.

While MLS is not the best league in the world, it is North America's top flight, and that is why I watch it. The same reason I watch EPL and Liga but at least MLS is mine. If I lived in Spain, I probably wouldn't watch MLS.

So for the same reasons, I don't watch women's sport because it isn't the best of the best. It's chauvinistic but women are simply not fast enough, strong enough or skilled enough to make the game enjoyable to watch.

Begin the flaming women. :p

Fort York Redcoat
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM

times two.

Frank Costanza
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
if it was shown from nov to april i guess id tune in, but i think my eyes would be more on the offseason transactions then the girls unless you get some hotties, titties

Don Julio
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Honestly, no. Not in any meaningful way.

SilentSam
03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
I would argue that women's tennis is interesting and I find myself sometimes watching woman's soccer if it is on TV and the remote is out of arms reach. But no I have no real interest.

Wait: but I would pay to go see olimypic women's soccer.

TorontoFC_Matt
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
i would

Canadian Blue
03-31-2009, 10:21 AM
this question gets asked over and over again.....my answer remains the same ..... no

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-31-2009, 10:23 AM
no......

BFin
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Not to the same extent as Toronto FC, however I would be partial to them.

Suds
03-31-2009, 10:30 AM
No, I would not be supporting them in the sense of buying tickets, merchandise, etc. Maybe if I had a daughter that played and she had interest.

If TFC someday got involved in a development program to support woman's soccer in Toronto I would see that as a good thing.

pubboy
03-31-2009, 10:30 AM
......No

GingerNinja
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
No. Sorry, I simply don't find women's sport interesting. Much in the same way I don't find college or minor league sport interesting either.

While MLS is not the best league in the world, it is North America's top flight, and that is why I watch it. The same reason I watch EPL and Liga but at least MLS is mine. If I lived in Spain, I probably wouldn't watch MLS.

So for the same reasons, I don't watch women's sport because it isn't the best of the best. It's chauvinistic but women are simply not fast enough, strong enough or skilled enough to make the game enjoyable to watch.

Begin the flaming women. :p

I feel like I'm betraying the sisterhood, but I agree with you. Women's sports are boring as hell. We women are slower and weaker and that means our athletes are much less enjoyable to watch.

I'd still support a Women's TFC team though.

TFC07
03-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Sure, why not? As long the tickets aren't expensive, I wouldn't mind catching a game.

Roogsy
03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I feel like I'm betraying the sisterhood, but I agree with you. Women's sports are boring as hell. We women are slower and weaker and that means our athletes are much less enjoyable to watch.

I'd still support a Women's TFC team though.

I felt bad writing it but it is honestly how I feel.

I feel like a chauvinist sometimes when I describe the differences between men and women. But to me...to not acknowledge them is to bury our heads in the sand.

Women and men are different. Physically, emotionally etc. That is not to say one is better than the other, or one should dominate the other. Not at all.

There are things that women are better at than men. And vice versa. Most sports just happens to be something men excel at.

Roogsy
03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Sure, why not? As long the tickets aren't expensive, I wouldn't mind catching a game.

There is a difference between catching a game and becoming a supporter like we've chosen for TFC. Would you do that? If not...then there is a significant difference in level of "support".

Wagner
03-31-2009, 10:50 AM
When it comes to watching sports...I want to see the biggest or strongest or fastest or most skilled...
if that person is a man or a woman, i could care less...i just want to see people do things better than most...
if there were an 8foot Centre on the Raptors, and she was better than Shaq, i'd be a fan of hers.

Wagner
03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
i also don't think we have enough time to support another team...
we don't have enough time to get the banners we want done now...
between TFC, weddings, family commitments, my summer is pretty much booked, i don't have 8 more saturdays to give to another team.

spezz44
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM
nope

kodiakTFC
03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah I do not think I could get behind a ladies team. I would wish them the best of luck and check their spot in the standings, MAYBE watch a rare game on gol tv. I just do not see myself gathering up the boys to take the train down to exhibition for TFC Ladies vs. Sky Blue FC.

GingerNinja
03-31-2009, 11:01 AM
I felt bad writing it but it is honestly how I feel.

I feel like a chauvinist sometimes when I describe the differences between men and women. But to me...to not acknowledge them is to bury our heads in the sand.

Women and men are different. Physically, emotionally etc. That is not to say one is better than the other, or one should dominate the other. Not at all.

There are things that women are better at than men. And vice versa. Most sports just happens to be something men excel at.

I agree 100%

flatpicker
03-31-2009, 11:06 AM
agreed with the above posts...

But I will say, I prefer watching women's tennis over men's!!!

But I'm not sure that's based entirely on the skill level.

rocker
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
i have enough going on with sports viewing that I don't have time to watch minor league soccer... and women's soccer is definitely minor league. I don't watch minor league baseball or minor league hockey either.

olegunnar
03-31-2009, 11:14 AM

This post made me laugh.

It's funny because it's true

Introducing the "all gender pack" 1 TFC game and 8 girls games. $300 bucks and get bumped up to the gold list.

redcard
03-31-2009, 11:43 AM
it depends...are the womens uniforms the ones that blatter recommends for womens soccer?

Oblio2
03-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Only if they swap shirts at the end of the game and ONLY if the Columbus team had women that didn't look like they are on RuPaul's Reality show....much like their cheerleaders

billyfly
03-31-2009, 11:58 AM
it depends...are the womens uniforms the ones that blatter recommends for womens soccer?

Thats what I was thinking

Hitcho
03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
agreed with the above posts...

But I will say, I prefer watching women's tennis over men's!!!

But I'm not sure that's based entirely on the skill level.

:hump:

I'm also in the no camp, but I'd add that I also wouldn't give a hoot if we had a women's TFC team and they started winning everything in sight - ie, I wouldn't be on the bandwagon just for the good times either. Win, lose or draw, I just wouldn't be interested. I have yet to see a women's game of football which was interesting or worthy based on the quality of football on display.

Women's tennis is an exception compared to most sports because the decreased physical strength and athelticism doesn't always mean a corresponding decrease in quality.

arbogast
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM

LOL!! I feel your you lot.

RYANTFC
03-31-2009, 12:26 PM
never, I wouldn't mind their being a team, but I wouldn't be checking results and standings or ever going to watch a match

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-31-2009, 12:27 PM
simply put ..... no

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-31-2009, 12:27 PM
No....if they put a game on after theMLS game and allowed season tickets holder free admitance like they did with thee reserves then maybe...i just spent close to $600 on my travel to TFC games for this season...couldn;'t afford to support another team.

Pinkie
03-31-2009, 12:29 PM
yeah sure why not?

i guess if you go in there thinking it's going to be boring, it's going to be boring.

romburgundy
03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Sorry but no. I would watch on TV once or twice a season but that's about it.

Dave67
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM

Best laugh I have had in days - Thanks!

+1

Naturegirl
03-31-2009, 12:38 PM
100% yes. I have had the privilage of seeing alot of women's football games at the elite level. I have seen the Canadian woman team play as well. I know some of there mom's lol while the women's football game is very different than the men's, it's just as passion filled and exciting.
The women don't have the brute strenght of the men, they excel at the finese of the game. There ball placement and passing skills are fantastic. There lack of strenght in some things forces them to master other things better then the men. It's all good and if you've watched the women's world cup games and team Canada, you would know its brillant football. They just play the game to there advantages.

GO GALS!!!!

ilikemusic
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

Cashcleaner
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
I would.

T_Mizz
03-31-2009, 12:53 PM
I can not believ I'm saying this but yes I definitely would, and there's a few reason's why. First, Its TFC, I love everything TFC the first team, reserves (when they existed), the academy, and yes a ladies team. Second, this is the premier league of women's football, your talking about THE best female footballers spread out over just 8-10 teams, sadly MLS is not even close to top flight Men's football so you gotta ask are the best women as good as the nth best men? And finally some female soccer players are very cute I wouldn't mind seeing them more than every 4 years for the olympics.

RedsYNWA
03-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Nope

jaahuuu
03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Nope, I've tried to care about womens sports, but I just can't do it. If they started a team I'd wish them the best of luck, I just wouldn't be there to support it. And when you add in the 2 hour drive to the stadium, absolutely not.

In all honesty I don't see the WPS being around that long. Look at the attendance MLS draws, and compare that to other men's and women's sports. Last season the NBA drew 17394 per game to the WNBA's 7938. The WPS also won't be partnered with an already established league, like the WNBA is.