PDA

View Full Version : Keeper jerseys

egoodwin
03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Since no one has brought this up yet,

WTF is with the TFC Keeper jerseys... aka the one Sutton wore on Sat... wtf was that

http://web.mlsnet.com/images/2009/03/30/5DUymVg2.jpg
ugliest thing i've seen

renda-10
03-30-2009, 10:55 PM
it didnt even have the TFC logo on it

Erkan16
03-30-2009, 10:57 PM
he wasnt expected to play... give the guy a break :)

Daveisonfire
03-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I like it :)

But yeah missing logos and sponsorship is a bit strange

Yohan
actually, i noticed same thing with Frei's jersey. looks like they had to wear a pair of training jerseys or something

renda-10
but even frei's was the same

renda-10
03-30-2009, 10:59 PM
i really like the black with the yellow one. My brother is looking to buy that keeper jersey so if anyone sees it let me know

Calvin
03-30-2009, 11:06 PM
i really liked the one frei had against kc

cy43
03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
One of the other games i watched this weekend the keeper was wearing one... standard issue mls keeper gear now?

Fushida
03-30-2009, 11:11 PM
i really liked the one frei had against kc

Agreed. Pity about the color scheme though, yellow and black reminds me of something shite........ (at least it was mostly black :rolleyes:) But in all seriousness that jersey from game 1 did look quite nice.

Sab0tage
03-30-2009, 11:12 PM
They were wearing the grey one because the original one (the one worn in KC), has both black and yellow. So obviously they were wearing this grey one so not to confuse players or referees. Hence why this one has no sponsor or anything.

sulfur
03-30-2009, 11:47 PM
A) you won't find TFC GK jerseys for sale anywhere. It sucks. Even people I've talked to in the front office and suchnot have no idea why they aren't made available.
B) TFC GK jerseys are just adidas training tops emblazoned with logos, etc. My bet is that they didn't have time to stick the logos on the grey tops in time for the weekend game. You likely won't see that again this season.
C) Two of our GKs (Eddy and Sutts) like short sleeves. Frei likes 3/4 sleeves. Ergo, you won't see the typical adidas/MLS template GK jerseys, which are all long sleeved with huge pads in the elbows.

flatpicker
03-30-2009, 11:48 PM
I actually thought Frei looked pretty cool in that grey jersey.

Shakes McQueen
03-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Here's my guess:

There was likely some problem with the black and yellow one Frei wore in KC, since Columbus' colours are black and yellow. Toronto FC were told with little notice that he couldn't wear it.

So, they took what appears to be a training shirt, and had them wear those instead. And since it was on little notice, the crests weren't even sewn on them yet.

That's the best I can come up with, for why a) they would be wearing different jerseys than the first game, and b) why these ones would not have crests.

- Scott

jloome
03-31-2009, 01:10 AM
One of the other games i watched this weekend the keeper was wearing one... standard issue mls keeper gear now?

I seem to recall the same thing.

Shakes McQueen
03-31-2009, 01:16 AM
They were wearing a grey jersey, with those "slashes" on the shoulder?

- Scott

Cashcleaner
03-31-2009, 01:33 AM
i really like the black with the yellow one. My brother is looking to buy that keeper jersey so if anyone sees it let me know

Agreed 100%. It's just a really nice top - miles better than that shitty-ass pale blue one that Sutton wore in the first season. :nonod:

Kevvv
03-31-2009, 03:47 AM
B) TFC GK jerseys are just adidas training tops emblazoned with logos, etc. My bet is that they didn't have time to stick the logos on the grey tops in time for the weekend game. You likely won't see that again this season.

(There was a lineup at Centresports? :p)

icecoldbeer
03-31-2009, 07:22 AM
+1 on the Black/Gold (let's call it gold and not yellow!). That kit was the first one I've ever considered buying!

I liked the blue/grey kit from Saturday, just thought it looked naked w/o the BMO...but probably due to short notice as mentioned :D

03-31-2009, 09:09 AM
I noticed that too. What I found strange was that the jerseys DID have the Canadian Flag and the MLS patch, but not the TFC badge or the BMO.

I agree, these jerseys will be fully ready for next week.

Both jerseys are the Adidas Tiro 3/4. Just a different colour scheme.

BTW, a similar thing happened the first season. On May 17, 2007 (a home game vs. DC) Sutton went to a short-sleeve white Squadra II which did have the TFC badge, but did not have the BMO on the front. Not sure the reasons behind that, but he only wore that the one game.

mclaren
03-31-2009, 09:40 AM
clearly I have no taste whatsoever because I like that keeper top alot.

03-31-2009, 09:58 AM
http://www.soccernetstore.com/departments-teamwear-adidas-jerseys-adidas-tiro-3-4-goalkeeper-jersey--black-.html http://www.soccernetstore.com/departments-teamwear-adidas-jerseys-adidas-tiro-3-4-goalkeeper-jersey.html

03-31-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.soccernetstore.com/departments-teamwear-adidas-jerseys-adidas-tiro-3-4-goalkeeper-jersey.html

http://www.soccernetstore.com/departments-teamwear-adidas-jerseys-adidas-tiro-3-4-goalkeeper-jersey--black-.html

Sorry about the previous blank post!!

TFC John
03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Here's my guess:

There was likely some problem with the black and yellow one Frei wore in KC, since Columbus' colours are black and yellow. Toronto FC were told with little notice that he couldn't wear it.

So, they took what appears to be a training shirt, and had them wear those instead. And since it was on little notice, the crests weren't even sewn on them yet.

That's the best I can come up with, for why a) they would be wearing different jerseys than the first game, and b) why these ones would not have crests.

- Scott

Strange, I knew Toronto was playing in Columbus a couple months ago and I also knew what colour scheme their team wears. I like Malcolm the kit man but what is his job if it isn't to have these things sorted before the game? Everyone says Toronto is the most professional team in the league when it comes to organization. I think if both keepers wore that kit it was because someone wanted them to wear it. I can't imagine why.

boomcha
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
The yellow one that Frei wore in KC was nice and classy! It looked good. They should have taken it to a dry cleaners to get the crest stitched on quick.