PDA

View Full Version : no flares or smoke bombs at BMO!

deltox
03-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok so we had fun in Columbus and people were throwing stuff on the field

please remember that we do not throw smoke bombs or flares on the field at BMO.

its FIELD TURF and will melt. we had this happen before and it is not cool.

please do not throw flares, smoke bombs or beer onto the field at any time

thanks

Jack
03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
This is already well known. Our security handles things much differently at home.

None of us want to ruin our pitch or our house.

I appreciate the message, it's good to give out a reminder.

tfcmanu
03-30-2009, 03:29 PM
This is already well known. Our security handles things much differently at home.

None of us want to ruin our pitch or our house.

I appreciate the message, it's good to give out a reminder.

Well Said!

nfitz
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Uh ... so it was our own fans who were trying to reduce visibility in our own goal on Saturday? That's what it looked like on TV at least, but I figured we weren't that daft ...

grimm
You don't shit where you eat :D

Jack
Uh ... so it was our own fans who were trying to reduce visibility in our own goal on Saturday? That's what it looked like on TV at least, but I figured we weren't that daft ...

This discussion has already been beaten to death in another thread. Let's not start it up again, please.

London
03-30-2009, 03:39 PM
dont throw your beer anytime!!!!
i do not want your beer on my back or head!!!!

Shaughno
03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
^^ Definitely the bigger issue at hand. What a waste.

MUFC_Niagara
03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
dont throw your beer anytime!!!!
i do not want your beer on my back or head!!!!

IF you decide you must throw your beer, let me drink it first and I will gladly fill it with water so that you'll have something to throw.

deltox
03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
there are those who havnt gone to home games....they went to CLB and they might think thats what happens at home./......it doesnt.

if you can waste BMO field beer then you should be able to afford to buy it for the section

Roogsy
03-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Somebody tossed a bear in Columbus that (shockingly) didn't make it past the TFC supporters at the front. It wound up hitting Pedro's (from NEE) wife.

The look in his eyes...oh man...I thought he was going to kill the dude. That dude apologized like crazy and may have saved his own life.

Personally...I commend Pedro for controlling himself. If someone doused my wife like that...he may have wound up in the hospital.

And what exactly is the purpose of throwing the beer other than wasting your money? The single dumbest thing soccer fans have been doing since TFC started.

T_Mizz
03-30-2009, 03:48 PM
True think of all the underprivileged kids in Africa who can't afford beer before you throw yours

Ratven
03-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Completely agree with everything here, however you have to understand that 98% of people in the stadium don't read these boards, so it's really pointless to keep bringing it up, because you're preaching to the choir.

Until security gets on it and actually boots people who throw shit onto the pitch, nothing is really going to change.

Yohan
03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Somebody tossed a bear in Columbus
was this dude superman? tossing bear. i wish i could do that :D

loconet
03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Somebody tossed a bear in Columbus that ....

A damn bear? Was it alive? That's a bit ridiculous...

:p

London
03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
sorry deltox, beer most certinly gets thrown at BMO, on the field and just straight in the air when goals are scored.

nfitz
03-30-2009, 03:57 PM
This discussion has already been beaten to death in another thread. Let's not start it up again, please.Which thread? I haven't seen - was out of town, so I didn't watch it on TV until late yesterday. (was just curious what happened, not so much debating it!)

deltox
03-30-2009, 03:59 PM
i know that in my are we kinda police ourselves. if we all help do that then it shouldnt be problem

kelzag
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Everytime you throw a beer, God kills a puppy.

Roogsy
was this dude superman? tossing bear. i wish i could do that :D

LOL!

Piss off! :lol:

*correction: beer*

T_Mizz
^^^Well what're you suggesting, fisticuffs?

Jack
Which thread? I haven't seen - was out of town, so I didn't watch it on TV until late yesterday. (was just curious what happened, not so much debating it!)
There was a big thread and the debate about smoke was heated and involved many insults and opinions. I eventually had to quarantine the thread to calm everyone down. Also because several quotes were taken out of context and used by some bloggers.

But generally speaking, it was agreed that throwing the smoke bombs down behind our keeper wasn't brightest.

tfcleeds
03-30-2009, 04:04 PM
The only time I would ever condone beer throwing is after someone like Schelotto or Landycakes scores a goal and comes over to the supporters section taunting us. Then, the people in the front row can toss their beer, if they have good aim, hopefully they will hit their target spot on. :)

That scenario aside, I have no idea why anyone would waste a $13 beer...

Boondaddy
03-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Everytime you throw a beer, God kills a puppy.

LOL!!

throwing away liquid gold is on par with opening your car window and emptying your wallet all over Lakeshore Blvd.

nfitz
03-30-2009, 04:33 PM
There was a big thread and the debate about smoke was heated and involved many insults and opinions. I eventually had to quarantine the thread to calm everyone down. Also because several quotes were taken out of context and used by some bloggers.

But generally speaking, it was agreed that throwing the smoke bombs down behind our keeper wasn't brightest.So I can't find out what happened, because we can't discuss it here, and we can't discuss it here because it was discussed elsewhere, but we can't read what happened because it's not there any more ... I guess it's the Red Tape Boys now! (throw that red tape!!)

As much as I recognise that you need to moderate - I would think the most effective way to make sure bad things don't happen, is to disseminate the information about what happens when this is done, rather than simply saying don't do this.

After I watched the game, I tried to find a discussion of the smoke here, and couldn't! I figured it was a Columbus Crew thing gone bad, cause obviously our own supporters would never try and smoke out our own keeper! And from reading in between the lines ... it appears that I've overestimated the ability of our own fans to not piss upwind! :)

Boondaddy
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
So I can't find out what happened, because we can't discuss it here, and we can't discuss it here because it was discussed elsewhere, but we can't read what happened because it's not there any more ... I guess it's the Red Tape Boys now! (throw that red tape!!)

As much as I recognise that you need to moderate - I would think the most effective way to make sure bad things don't happen, is to disseminate the information about what happens when this is done, rather than simply saying don't do this.

After I watched the game, I tried to find a discussion of the smoke here, and couldn't! I figured it was a Columbus Crew thing gone bad, cause obviously our own supporters would never try and smoke out our own keeper! And from reading in between the lines ... it appears that I've overestimated the ability of our own fans to not piss upwind! :)

Jack has already summed it up nicely...the rest was nonsense and dude, just don't worry about it. Seriously....

nfitz
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Jack has already summed it up nicely...the rest was nonsense and dude, just don't worry about it. Seriously....Was it just throwing though? On TV it looked as though the smoke was coming out of large cans set up near the goal - hence my thought that it was something official gone wrong ...

T_Mizz
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
The only time I would ever condone beer throwing is after someone like Schelotto or Landycakes scores a goal and comes over to the supporters section taunting us. Then, the people in the front row can toss their beer, if they have good aim, hopefully they will hit their target spot on. :)

That scenario aside, I have no idea why anyone would waste a $13 beer...
True that is worth 13 dollars and then some, at that point I condone throwing anything you have except possibly those causing permanent damage (to our reputation, not those two douchebags, I couldn't care less about that:D)

H Bomb
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Nfitz. It was from our guys. There were many different reasons for those flares to be thrown, from alcohol overconsumption, to concious effort, to avoidance of smoke inhalation. Some went into our keepers area and nobody was "pleased" with that but what can you do? There isn't one story we can tell you to fill you in as there is no one story to tell. People who threw them in the area in some cases have admitted their mistakes and apologized saying that the distance in the throw was unintentional. There isn't too much more info to give you. You appeased?

Red CB Toronto
03-30-2009, 04:53 PM
I hate smoke bombs, why the fuck would you throw one regardless of where they end up, if you would not throw one at home why would you do it on the road, all it does it disrepect the game and the people who want to enjoy it.

I am just waiting for the day when someone is found criminally liable as a result of some poor sole having an asma attack, which will happen at some point.

Lets just cheer, sing and enjoy the game, Go Reds.

Boondaddy
03-30-2009, 04:58 PM
oh god, here we go again....