PDA

View Full Version : SIRIOUX = serious swagger (who likes to talk positive TFC?)

Technorgasm
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
So We have seen Sirioux in 2 games now. (not including you charlston wankers of course haha) am I the only one around here, that is amazed at the changes he brings to our back line?

He was a MONSTER in Columbus, He was everywhere, from wing to middle and back.

He won at least 3, 1-on-1 battles that I saw in between the smoke and chants from the south end of the CCS. but that wasnt what impressed me.

It was his swagger while taking the ball off the fwds that I cant stop talking about, he was very often in the rperfect spot to dislodge the attack, he played the percentages, played it safe, and it looked effortless.

Not only would he win the ball, sometimes dis-robing his mark, but rather than clear a long ball into the opposition controlled midfield, he would at least attempt a couple of touches first to try and create a softer passing option (I realize that a lot of times there was no option so he just cleared it, but thwarting danger in such a way is still a positive for TFC). This kind of back line confidence is new to me as a TFC fan.

He made it possible for Brennan and Rickets to combine a few times, and even the fresh pairing of Cronin and Wynne on the opposite side showed signs of synergy. . . thanks in part to Sirioux's great, confident work.

TFC with a wide game? holy freakin shit! you mean we DON't have to pound, pound the middle all freakin day?

Just want to get some positive posting going on while we are on the pins and needles before our glorious home opener. Who better to start this fan fare than our new boy Sirioux!!!!

Some Chant ideas for him too maybe?

ps. EAT IT!

H Bomb
03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah Serioux has been great so far. If we can pair him up with another real quality CB back there then we will be one of the best teams in the league I think. Thanks again Mo

sulfur
03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I still like the "Why so Serioux?" thing suggested. That was amusing. :)

Nuvinho
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
^^ Yes, with the joker picture.

MUFC_Niagara
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
is Sirioux related to the Serioux that plays for us?

nice to see a fucking positive player thread after a match! well done YSB!

Esquire
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Completely agree, it's definitely refreshing to have confidence in at least one CB back there. I really hope Mo is wheeling and dealing to get us another CB when the transfer window opens back up (I assume that is the earliest chance for a new defender).

Also, you should seriouxsly learn to spell Serioux. :D

Markham_RPB
03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Serioux is a huge addition to the back-line and definitely has forwards thinking about him in the back of their mind when going for an attack !

Get In There
03-30-2009, 02:17 PM
So We have seen Sirioux in 2 games now. (not including you charlston wankers of course haha) am I the only one around here, that is amazed at the changes he brings to our back line?

He was a MONSTER in Columbus, He was everywhere, from wing to middle and back.

He won at least 3, 1-on-1 battles that I saw in between the smoke and chants from the south end of the CCS. but that wasnt what impressed me.

It was his swagger while taking the ball off the fwds that I cant stop talking about, he was very often in the rperfect spot to dislodge the attack, he played the percentages, played it safe, and it looked effortless.

Not only would he win the ball, sometimes dis-robing his mark, but rather than clear a long ball into the opposition controlled midfield, he would at least attempt a couple of touches first to try and create a softer passing option (I realize that a lot of times there was no option so he just cleared it, but thwarting danger in such a way is still a positive for TFC). This kind of back line confidence is new to me as a TFC fan.

He made it possible for Brennan and Rickets to combine a few times, and even the fresh pairing of Cronin and Wynne on the opposite side showed signs of synergy. . . thanks in part to Sirioux's great, confident work.

TFC with a wide game? holy freakin shit! you mean we DON't have to pound, pound the middle all freakin day?

Just want to get some positive posting going on while we are on the pins and needles before our glorious home opener. Who better to start this fan fare than our new boy Sirioux!!!!

Some Chant ideas for him too maybe?

ps. EAT IT!

Chant Ideas

Sir - Sir Sirioux - oh, oh
(to the tune of that Phil Collins track - sussudio)

He don't even know my name
But I think he likes me just the same
Sir - Sir Sirioux -
oh oh

I don' t think this next one make too much sense but

to the tune of The Who - "Who Are You"

Sirioux are you who who who who

nay - to close to 'who are ya'

ah random thoughts - maybe it can be tweeked

B

scooter
03-30-2009, 02:19 PM
i'll be quite honest i was not impressed with what i saw in charleston but the last 2 games he has started to look better and better -- maybe just needed to find his place with our club -- you sure are right on the money about giving our back line a presence he was all over the pitch

cant wait till saturday and see the boys live and in person

trane
03-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Serioux has been good. What I have like about him, is that he has shown an ability to kill plays early before they develop into offensive opportunities.

sulfur
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
i'll be quite honest i was not impressed with what i saw in charleston
he looked better in person than on TV. far better. :)

as an aside... Serioux! Serioux! :)

Technorgasm
03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
SERIOUX!!!!! - fuck shit damn. .

RPB we are here!!
We dont Need E's. . We need Beer!

Adrian is in good shape too
He sent me his pre-game diet, I esspecially like his breakfast selections!
(see below)

http://www.50contemporaryart.com/gallery2/d/734-2/box.jpg

AL-MO
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM

^^ Yes, with the joker picture.

We are going to do it for sure. Just haven't got around to it as we have been tied up with some other things.

TorontoBlades
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM
he sure know when t step in on a tackle - even made Velez look a lot better

C.Ronaldo
03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Are you crazy, hes terrible. He didnt score any goals, not even an assist.

TRADE HIM NOW!

lol

Shakes McQueen
03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
When he got tossed in Charleston, I immediately thought "augh, all of my worst suspicions about the guy were right". But I have to say, he's been great the first two games of the season - really composed, and a beast in the air.

Hopefully he keeps up this consistent good play, and doesn't go out to injury.

- Scott

ensco
03-30-2009, 03:00 PM
He's going to score goals too. Remember he got one off a corner against Honduras?

Ron Manager
03-30-2009, 03:04 PM
he looked better in person than on TV. far better. :)

as an aside... Serioux! Serioux! :)

I always take that as a sign of a good defender. TV cameras are for attacking players. I'd rather take a steady, un-spectacular defender who quietly does his job well. Serioux is one of those, so is Robbo.

rocker
03-30-2009, 03:23 PM
When he got tossed in Charleston, I immediately thought "augh, all of my worst suspicions about the guy were right".

ha.. i didn't.. i was saying he probably knew it was spring training and could take liberties.. and he had barely trained at that point.

mclaren
03-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Agreed - he has a lot of confidence at the back and his passing is good.

tfcmanu
03-30-2009, 03:38 PM
What about the stare down with Schletto, when Schletto went down in front of the TFC supporters classic.

Pachuco
03-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Serioux is the man back there. Fucking love having this guy on our team. Let's hope he eats Montero this saturday.

rocker
03-30-2009, 03:58 PM
he doesn't seem to get flustered at the back.. even when he comes out with the ball in traffic, he doesn't rush things. he's calm in the eye of the storm.

torontocelt
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
He is certainly good at heading the ball away, the ball always ends up where he is when crosses come in so he must have good positioning at those times also. I wouldn't say he was the next Cannavaro or Ferdinand by any means and he does scare me a bit when he has time to think on the ball but he is decent enough. He reminds me of Bobo Balde a bit, apart from Bobo is even harder. TFC should go for Bobo, he is free as of the summer, those two would scare quite a few strikers in the MLS.

TFC Via Buffalo
03-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Chant Ideas

Sir - Sir Sirioux - oh, oh
(to the tune of that Phil Collins track - sussudio)

He don't even know my name
But I think he likes me just the same
Sir - Sir Sirioux -
oh oh

B

Winner. Can we get a big American Psycho banner to go with it?

stretchthetruth
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
there were a few plays that made me think, 'holy shit, he's closing out the attack really well'... at one point my dad yelled out "i fucking love this guy!"... he was a monster in columbus, and i'm guessing at home, he'll feed off the crowd and hopefully fun shit at the back

Technorgasm
03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Serioux is the man back there. Fucking love having this guy on our team. Let's hope he eats Montero this saturday.

Thats a great match up.. . cant wait to see Montero stripped and crying.
while we rush up the pitch for a goal.

oh, and Adrian, if you could see clear to give TFC a header goal from a corner that would be swell.

SIRIOUX WE LOVE YOU!

OneLoveOneEric
03-31-2009, 08:27 AM
YES!! Someone who is stoked about that game!!
Read the match thread -- the whole time that's what I was saying. We went to Columbus and took a point off the best team in the league. Did I expect us to look like Brazil playing there? Not a chance. The result is all that mattered. 4 points from 6 in 2 away games is outstanding from our boys.

Technorgasm
03-31-2009, 08:32 AM
^^ we had 10. . . count em 10 points the ENTIRE season last year.

OLOE, this is a massive improvement already.
Personally I think its sweeter that it was an OG.

I am predicting a draw for the home opener, call me crazy but. . I will be watching Seriioux, hes exciting, and bgives the fans confidence when the play sputters going fwd.

Im not a TC addict, , its cool. . I feel alive haha

OneLoveOneEric
03-31-2009, 08:36 AM
I also think draw in the opener, but I'll be screaming for 3 points.
This is the first year I've actually believed in the improvements in the team. I think things will be significantly better. And, I forgot to mention -- the draw at Columbus was without Robbo or Guevara!!!!!!!!
Would've gotten leathered there without them last year.

tfctillidie
03-31-2009, 08:37 AM

haha i like the idea, but instead of having the Joker with Green hair...change it with some Serioux dreadlocks