PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Gate openings for Saturday

Oblio2
03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I was wondering what the deal will be this Saturday regarding the times for gate openings before the games.
Last season, there were too many times where people where late getting in due to the assanine time delay in opening the gates.
Can they be opened sooner Saturday?
I ask because I dont want to miss the first 10-20 mins of the game and I don't want to have to cut into pre-drinking time to make sure I get a decent spot in line.

Paul?

thx in advance

rocker
03-30-2009, 10:45 AM
i'm curious if gate openings will take into account the fake earlier times put on the tickets this year. the game time is printed as 3:45pm, so will the stadium open at 2:45pm, or will it open at 3pm, which is technically 1 hour before the actual 4pm start time? i wish they'd open 1.5 hours before as I like to come earlier and take in the vibe.

mclaren
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Fake opening times should help for the start of the season until the masses figure it out/word gets around.

Toronto Ruffrider
03-30-2009, 10:52 AM
i'm curious if gate openings will take into account the fake earlier times put on the tickets this year. the game time is printed as 3:45pm, so will the stadium open at 2:45pm, or will it open at 3pm, which is technically 1 hour before the actual 4pm start time? i wish they'd open 1.5 hours before as I like to come earlier and take in the vibe.

I loved entering BMO 1.5 hours before game time. It was such a pleasure to be able to buy whatever food/drink or merchandise I wanted without being stuck in a long line. I guess there isn't enough of a financial incentive to open the gates early, though, what with the lack of early-bird patrons.

pubboy
03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
We usually get there just over an hour early - better parking, first to the beer garden (especially if it's raining - get an umbrella near to the pitch !). I know - prices are high, but they're cheaper than at a strip bar !? :drinking:

Oblio2
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Well, I would hope there is an answer before Friday

Phil
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
There shouldn't be any delays on getting the gates open for the whole year, new systems are apparently being put into place to address this from the front office.

Just be aware that there is a lot of things going on at the exhibition grounds this Saturday, a few shows on either end of us. It will make parking on the grounds harder than usual.

TOBOR !
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I loved entering BMO 1.5 hours before game time. It was such a pleasure to be able to buy whatever food/drink or merchandise I wanted without being stuck in a long line.

QFT !

...and wondering about the park, soaking up the atmosphere as the crowds arrive, etc.

Posting the game start times 15 minutes ahead of what they actually are is genius.

witness : Uh, sorry, Mrs. Tobor, I have to go now, the game starts at 1545h !

YES !

Somehow I can use this trickery to get out of the house 30 minutes earlier ! WOOOO HOOOO !

menefreghista
03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Fake opening times should help for the start of the season until the masses figure it out/word gets around.

Agreed.

And the plan is most likely going to backfire on the days that have the proper time written on the ticket. People will think they have extra time, when really they won't.

Oblio2
03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Wait. Waht time is the game Saturday?
4pm???

menefreghista
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Wait. Waht time is the game Saturday?
4pm???

The game is at 4pm. But the tickets have 3:45 pm written on them.

You should also keep in mind that most games on CBC start about 10-15 minutes after the start time listed on the tickets.

Technorgasm
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM

this is the first game, I would think that they would open WAAAAAAY early. I want to get a kit, and some other TFC gear, walk about the ground. . really enjpoy it.

let me re-phrase in more of an MLSE fashion:

I am anxious to start the year off right this year at BMO field.
I desperatley want to aquire merchandise that will help further the postive image of the newest of the MLSE properties, Toronto FC.

I feel that extra time will facilitate this rash fever of indiscriminate cash splashing and would appreiate some extra time to do so. Please consider opening the gates a bit earlier this saturday.

Thanks MLSE and to all the members of the Board at the Ontario Teachers Pension fund. Keep up the great work.

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-30-2009, 02:52 PM
just please go back to the 90 min opening time....