PDA

View Full Version : Rosenlund and Parke on trial with...

Keegan
03-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Vancouver Whitecaps! From their site. Gonna be a challenging Vs cup, Montreal and Vancouver have both improved.

The defending USL champs look a good bet to be up there again. Especially since Edwini-Bonsu looks to break out this year along with their other additions.

Two players with MLS experience I'd imagine this MLS thing has really made them an attractive place to play for two years (AND no salary cap AND the chance of champions league) then jump up to MLS. As a player like Jeff Parke is a good MLS defender who could probably play anywhere in the league. Rosenlund was impressive for us but the salary cap sucks we all know that.

"Former Toronto FC midfielder Tyler Rosenlund and former New York Red Bulls defender Jeff Parke joined Thordarson's squad this week, as they look to impress the Icelandic tactician."

Ron Manager
03-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Is Parke on trial? I read he was going to train with them until his rights were sorted out. I don't think he can just trial and sign with Vancouver as he is under contract to MLS with his rights held by Seattle. Vancouver would have to buy him, I would've thought.

DVS
03-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow I guess Vandy could take Parke without compensation since they are not in MLS. Looks like another tough fight for TFC to get into Concacaf CL

Billy the kid
03-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Is Parke on trial? I read he was going to train with them until his rights were sorted out. I don't think he can just trial and sign with Vancouver as he is under contract to MLS with his rights held by Seattle. Vancouver would have to buy him, I would've thought.

I don't believe he reached a contract with Seattle and the MLS. Seattle holds his rights within the MLS but since no contract has been signed, I think he can trial with a team outside the MLS.

Keegan
03-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes he is available to sign for any league outside of MLS

LucaGol
03-29-2009, 06:37 PM
You know, Im really sad we let Tyler Rosenlund go.

He put a good foot forward in every game he played, was full of running, could find space, had creativity but above all else ... he was an intelligent player. Ok, he was never going to be MVP of the league, but Im not fond of how we're dispensing of players with high soccer IQs like Rosenlund.

Chris Pozniak and Tyler Hemming are 2 other players who come to mind.

How great would it be to have Chris Pozniak playing right now instead of Kevin "blockhead" Harmse in the middle of the park.

Ok rant over.

(p.s. I am aware of the constraints that are put on teams by this ridiculous league ... but anyways, I digress ... it's just unfortunate we can't keep players like I mentioned around)

J .
03-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I like Rosenlund, but I think our additions are better. Thankfully he has a place to play in Vancouver. He has a lot of potential, but TFC needs to win this season while I think Rosenlund is a project that needs minutes to develop. He should be in the MLS with VC when they join the league. Good for him.