PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs Seattle predictions

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Can the boys go undefeated in 3? Are Seatlle as good as people make them out to be? we will find out Saturday......PS...TFC 3 Seattle 1:canada:

Yohan
03-29-2009, 02:48 PM
2-1 TFC

Montero strikes again though

DigzTFC!
03-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I actually think Seattle is going to be a really good team, especailly against us. Montero against our CBs and Ljungberg's/Montero's long distance bombs that we have trouble closing down on, plus the speed down their wings.

This is going to be an epic home opener. This will be our toughest test to date

Mojo
03-29-2009, 02:54 PM
The only reason Seattle is a good expansion team is cause TFC came in and showed how to fucking do it up big time baller styles.

Then other people started caring.

Sorry for saying whats been said 80 million times, we made Seattle.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
WHo knows Robinson down to CB? to cover montero?

Tintin
03-29-2009, 03:03 PM
The only reason Seattle is a good expansion team is cause TFC came in and showed how to fucking do it up big time baller styles.

Then other people started caring.

Sorry for saying whats been said 80 million times, we made Seattle.

You have to be kidding me. Come on! For sure, TFC and its fans have pushed other teams to create an atmosphere that rivals BMO. BUT to say that TFC made Seattle is ridiculous!!!!

They were a success in the USL, they had a talent base and a scouting department. The were good before that entered MLS so it is impossible that we made them!!!!

Vancouver will be the same, just like MOntreal would be too.

We have to be more humble...

loconet
03-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Like a lot of people, Seattle worries me. They have had some pretty solid performances and Montero can definitely harm our already flaky back-line.

Having said that though, we should have Robbo and Guevara back _and_ we play at home, in our home opener. That should help a lot.

I think we can win it but not too comfortably.

2-1 TFC.

Nuvinho
03-29-2009, 03:15 PM
3 guys on Seattle Toronto need to be worried about:

Montero - I think that Robbo will contain him. With Montero he doesn't like physical play and just needs to be closed down. If he has space, he is dangerous (like last night against RSL)

Alonzo (or Alonso, don't know how its spelled, don't really care) - He seemed to have open rein in both games. He does have a little of a mean streak. I think Amado can definately get under his skin and throw him off his game.

Le Toux - Has speed and good on the wing. I think tho that with Cronin helping out Wynne, it should be fine.

basically what I have noticed in the first 2 games, Toronto gives the other team too much S P A C E. If you give that to Seattle, it could hurt us.

For our forwards. They are going against slower CBs, so DeRo and Vitti would do well. Remember how slow Marshall is ;)

dantdot
03-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Montero is overwhelmed by the fortress, collapses and assumes the fetal position in the centre circle, TFC 5-0.

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-29-2009, 03:17 PM
You have to be kidding me. Come on! For sure, TFC and its fans have pushed other teams to create an atmosphere that rivals BMO. BUT to say that TFC made Seattle is ridiculous!!!!

They were a success in the USL, they had a talent base and a scouting department. The were good before that entered MLS so it is impossible that we made them!!!!

Seattle has always been a good soccer market, and good for the fans turning oiy in the first year....lets see if they will be back in the same numbers in year 3.

Mojo
03-29-2009, 03:18 PM

Ya it was kind of a joke, lol. Columbus says we invented everything so if we're getting accused of it, I'm just gonna say it :)

Yohan
03-29-2009, 03:21 PM
3 guys on Seattle Toronto need to be worried about:

Montero - I think that Robbo will contain him. With Montero he doesn't like physical play and just needs to be closed down. If he has space, he is dangerous (like last night against RSL)

Alonzo (or Alonso, don't know how its spelled, don't really care) - He seemed to have open rein in both games. He does have a little of a mean streak. I think Amado can definately get under his skin and throw him off his game.

Le Toux - Has speed and good on the wing. I think tho that with Cronin helping out Wynne, it should be fine.

basically what I have noticed in the first 2 games, Toronto gives the other team too much S P A C E. If you give that to Seattle, it could hurt us.

For our forwards. They are going against slower CBs, so DeRo and Vitti would do well. Remember how slow Marshall is ;)
there is also this x factor named ljungberg coming off the bench most likely. not quite match fit yet, and i thought seattle was a bit naive playing him in CM last game but if he's got his bunch of skills...?

jloome
03-29-2009, 03:23 PM
They're very good down the middle of the park defensively, very poor on the flanks. It's their only considerable weakness, based on Alonso's play at holding mid so far and the success of the hurtado-marshall partnership.

And Montero is stupidly good. World class, maybe. I watched both of those games, and this is a Primera/premier league level player at prime in a lesser league.

So I figure we attack down the flanks in the final third, but also respect their wide players (Zakuani, Nyassi, Letoux ) defensively by playing a relatively flat-back four and holding back our fullbacks. We play Robbo as a single-man marker, and glue his ass to Montero all game.

-----------Sutton/Frei--------------
Wynne---Velez---Serioux---Brennan
--------------Robbo------------
-------Cronin------Guevara---------
----DeRo----------------Vitti-------
--------------Dichio-----------------

If you play it as a traditional diamond, instead of three at the top, you end up not pressuring the fullbacks enough unless the strikers are forced to drift wide.

Instead, we play an attacking 4-5-1- with Dero and Vitti ranging in and out, Dichio able to feed both, and Robbo man marking Montero (hopefully out of the game).

Nuvinho
03-29-2009, 03:23 PM
there is also this x factor named ljungberg coming off the bench most likely. not quite match fit yet, and i thought seattle was a bit naive playing him in CM last game but if he's got his bunch of skills...?

I was gonna put him on the list, but I figured he may not be yet match fit. He still could be very dangerous.

MartinUtd
03-29-2009, 03:25 PM
3-1

Vitti wins the battle of up and coming South American's and DeRo scores one for the home crowd. Limpberg comes on in the 50th and off again in the 55th with injuries.

Tintin
03-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Ya it was kind of a joke, lol. Columbus says we invented everything so if we're getting accused of it, I'm just gonna say it :)

:canada:

egoodwin
03-29-2009, 03:28 PM
2/2 so far

Dichio will score first goal ever against Seattle

will be a 2-0 TFC win

rocktml
03-29-2009, 03:40 PM
1-0 Tfc Win

dag
03-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I fear a 2-1 victory for Seattle.

FCBarcelona
03-29-2009, 03:57 PM
the reasults is working??????

This is be fun to watch the TFC home fans will be buzzin after the great start to start the season.
I'll say 2-0 for us

;)

Pachuco
03-29-2009, 04:40 PM
It will be a tight 1-1 draw again.

lips
03-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Draw 2-2

tlear
03-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Seattle will get a beatdown, 3-0 TFC.

Kickit09
03-29-2009, 07:15 PM
im not worried about seattle at all. they are due for a loss and they wont have the comfort of home field, we will. i dont think it will be an easy win but i'm definitely expecting all 3 points from this one. and fuck i cant wait to get back to BMO field, its been a long winter.

BRed
03-29-2009, 07:20 PM
One thing to consider is that BMO's field is very different than Seattle's. This will cause a problem for the Sounders playing style. By size I am refering to the proximity of the fans to the field, it is much more intimate at BMO. Also, I am sure that the Seattle pitch is NOT grass but that doesn't mean the feel will be the same as BMO's due to weather condition differences. Take into consideration the STREAMERS!!!! and I predict a 1-1 draw.

BRed
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
im not worried about seattle at all. they are due for a loss and they wont have the comfort of home field, we will. i dont think it will be an easy win but i'm definitely expecting all 3 points from this one. and fuck i cant wait to get back to BMO field, its been a long winter.

YES...YES FUCK INDEED DEE

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Cant wait to enter BMO ...the off season seemed long this season then the prrvious one....Seattle? is drew Carey coming as well...a good chant of who are you at him would be funny as hell:D

Super Cereal
03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I think Seattle will win to be honest.

I'm just hoping for a good effort!

GuelphStorm2007
03-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I predict a 1 -0 TFC victory Vitti scoring. Fingers crossed.

Bloor West FC
03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
So far all the games have been very tight but this game is going to be a blow out!!! TFC will win greatly, Seattle has too much confidence right now and TFC are pissed with there play in Columbus. Its going to be our home opener and we will show Seattle what the best fans in MLS sound like and what The Reds are all about.

twistedchinaman
03-29-2009, 09:37 PM
TFC 4-2 SEA

Vitti 31'
Montero 37'
Guevara 40'
Barrett 62'
De Rosario 77'
Jaqua 92'+

pekduck
03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
TFC 4-2 SEA

Vitti 31'
Montero 37'
Guevara 40'
Barrett 62'
De Rosario 77'
Jaqua 92'+

where are you betting? :D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
this one could get ugly........3-0 TFC :)

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-29-2009, 11:11 PM
It will be a tight 1-1 draw again.
Im with u !!!!!!!

egoodwin
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
different kind of prediction

but WeatherNetwork calls for 8 degrees and sunny on Sat

TFC07
03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Tfc 2-0!

twistedchinaman
03-29-2009, 11:41 PM
where are you betting? :D

Nowhere. I'm just guessing. If I get them all right...well, then I'm just good. But until then...yeah, TFC 4-2 SEA. :D

See ya soon bud. :canada:

Shakes McQueen
03-30-2009, 12:16 AM
For as good as Seattle's offensive prowess has looked in the first two games, their defense has been equally untested. Plus, we will have our two central midfield titans back, in Robbo and Guevara.

I predict a 2-1 win for TFC. Maybe 3-1, if they really hit their stride. I don't think our defense is strong enough to hold them off the score sheet entirely, but I will be interested to see how Serioux handles Montero.

Likewise, I can't wait to see Tyrone Marshall trying to hold back DeRo, Amado, Pablo, and Dichio. In case you didn't notice, that's a chorus of names ending in O - as in, zero points for Seattle. Or whatever. :D

- Scott

edmundo
03-30-2009, 02:35 AM
different kind of prediction

but WeatherNetwork calls for 8 degrees and sunny on Sat
word up

Razor
03-30-2009, 07:40 AM
2-1 TFC

I think Montero scores but Dero and Vitti give us the win. :)

Nothernirish92
03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Home opener will greatly affect the outcome. if i was playing on the field and i heard cheers like cannonfire id be riled up as well

djking2
03-30-2009, 08:33 AM
What's the point of a poll when you can't see results?

Wagner
03-30-2009, 08:51 AM
what's the point of a poll with hidden results...

tfctillidie
03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
we still have yet to see how Seattle perform on the road...I'm taking TFC on this one...everyone on the team will be fired up seeing its our home opener...the supporters section will be all jacked up...TFC 2-0 DeRo and Guevara scores

Mikey
03-30-2009, 09:03 AM
I dont mind admitting I'm nervous on this one.
Our home opener result could set the tone for a stretch of games. TFC still not firing on all cylinders and Seattle on a blaze of glory hunting.

SQUIRREL
03-30-2009, 09:23 AM
I can't wait for the home opener. I'm ready to explode, I won't have a voice by the 25 minute. In saying that I haven't seen Seattle play but reading on here how their first few games went I think they will beat us 2-0.

I really want to be wrong on this, I really want TFC to kick there ass but I'm worried about Montero. He's fast and if given space he is dangerous. Our defence at best has looked ok and the part we have had problems with is space. Arnaud's goals and even giving Gavin and Scholetto(sp.) space on saturdays game. I think there's a few players on that Seattle team that can make us pay for that.

In saying that, the supporters will be out in full force it's been a long winter and maybe with our energy the team will play incredible. GO TFC.

trane
03-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Can we stop with these secret polls, what is the point? Unless we are holding ellections or something it irritating.

gtaguy
03-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Im going for a tie 1-1 or 2-2 but that is being precautious..

points to take note of.

Montero speedy and great at making plays aswell. Im sure seattle knows he will be marked throughout the game. Bear in mind that becuase of this the refs will be taking notice or infractions on montero. keeping him at bay for the 90 minutes is going to be a task on its own.
Lets not forget that there are other players that can do damage in seattle aswell and by placing all the attention on montero we could be opening up areas for thier other forwards or midfield to strike at us.
We need to get a ton of shots against keller. he keeps being untested and toronto has to show the rest of the league that kellers goal is beatable. Long strikes seems to be easily covered by him .. I think we need to get in within the 18 yard and hammer the ball .

toronto . the ground play is at best mediocre .
I haven't seen smooth transisions from defence to the mid and then to the forwards. (i can see many counter attacks becuase of this)
The air game is a lost art without dichio in forward to bat the balls down.
Our mid field and defence has to play smart and watch for seriously rough plays.
Our forwards need to step up to the plate and show why they were picked.

I forsee a very ruff game and quite possibly yellow and red cards being dished out like candy.

EGP
03-30-2009, 11:18 AM
They're very good down the middle of the park defensively, very poor on the flanks. It's their only considerable weakness, based on Alonso's play at holding mid so far and the success of the hurtado-marshall partnership.

And Montero is stupidly good. World class, maybe. I watched both of those games, and this is a Primera/premier league level player at prime in a lesser league.

So I figure we attack down the flanks in the final third, but also respect their wide players (Zakuani, Nyassi, Letoux ) defensively by playing a relatively flat-back four and holding back our fullbacks. We play Robbo as a single-man marker, and glue his ass to Montero all game.

If you play it as a traditional diamond, instead of three at the top, you end up not pressuring the fullbacks enough unless the strikers are forced to drift wide.

Instead, we play an attacking 4-5-1- with Dero and Vitti ranging in and out, Dichio able to feed both, and Robbo man marking Montero (hopefully out of the game).

i'm pretty sure will Guevara will be tired from games/traveling. he has a game Wednesday ( i think), so we can't put to much pressure on him. and Velez in CB! no way. carver will have harmse back there for sure.

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
why can't we see the poll ?

Yohan
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
look at all the bargain buys Seattle has...

SEA Alonso Osvaldo M $ 65,000.00 $ 65,000.00
SEA Brown Evan D $ 34,008.00 $ 34,008.00
SEA Evans Brad M $ 44,550.00 $ 44,550.00
SEA Eylander Chris GK $ 45,500.00 $ 45,500.00
SEA Graham Taylor D $ 55,000.00 $ 55,000.00
SEA Hurtado John Kennedy D $ 36,000.00 $ 37,000.00
SEA Ianni Patrick D $ 72,000.00 $ 72,000.00
SEA Jaqua Nate F $ 189,996.00 $ 208,121.00
SEA Keller Kasey GK $ 300,000.00 $ 300,000.00
SEA King Stephen M $ 34,000.00 $ 34,000.00
SEA Le Toux Sebastian M $ 100,000.00 $ 112,000.00
SEA Levesque Roger F $ 40,008.00 $ 40,008.00
SEA Ljungberg Fredrik M $ 1,300,000.00 $ 1,314,000.00
SEA Marshall Tyrone D $ 157,500.00 $ 161,250.00
SEA Montero Fredy F $ 155,000.00 $ 155,000.00
SEA Nyassi Sanna M $ 20,100.00 $ 20,100.00
SEA Riley James D $ 69,000.00 $ 72,625.00
SEA Scott Zach D $ 40,008.00 $ 40,008.00
SEA Smith Jarrod F $ 37,800.00 $ 37,800.00
SEA Sturgis Nathan M $ 100,000.00 $ 133,000.00
SEA Vagenas Peter M $ 158,400.00 $ 158,400.00
SEA Wahl Tyson D $ 34,650.00 $ 34,650.00
SEA Zakuani Steve F $ 65,000.00 $ 163,000.00

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/3_15_09_salary_info_club.pdf

Kickit09
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
^ its called good management.

Dave67
03-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Toronto 4 - 1

Seattle stuck flying East, not playing at home, crazy crowd, DeRo finally home, Guevara back, Robbo back. Our horrid road results are over, 4 of 6 points on the road already! We only had 10 away points all last season! This team will be damn near unstoppable at home this year.

Canadian Blue
03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Cronin or Robbo to man mark Montero and we will be fine

Yohan
03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Cronin or Robbo to man mark Montero and we will be fine
Robbo

Montero is slippery as hell and has good footwork and I dont think Cronin has the defensive smarts enough to mark Montero properly

trane
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM

I did not see this before. But I like it. It is almost a 4-1-4-1. I puts all the players I would like on the field, and while usualy I would like to see DeRo and Vitti more central I think this would work, they could attack wide or come in depending the space that was created.

Shaughno
03-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I did not see this before. But I like it. It is almost a 4-1-4-1. I puts all the players I would like on the field, and while usualy I would like to see DeRo and Vitti more central I think this would work, they could attack wide or come in depending the space that was created.

Agreed. I'd like to see Robbo tight on Montero, leaving Velez and Serioux to destroy anyone who decides to come into the box. :D

CoachGT
03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
3-2 for the Reds

Shaughno
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm positive Seattle will come out FLYING. I can see them going up 1-0 before half, with us coming back 2-1 and Montero going off injured from a challenge by Serioux. ;)

rocker
03-30-2009, 01:36 PM
without their home crowd pumping them up, not sure if Seattle will come out flying. In their 1st and 2nd games, the energy of the crowd at the beginning really got them moving. but after the halftime, their crowd was very subdued and that was reflected on the pitch.

I think TFC will come out flying, and Seattle will have to manage for a while. if they come on strong, it'll be later.. maybe after they get a goal against the run of play and quiet the crowd...

Yohan
03-30-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm positive Seattle will come out FLYING. I can see them going up 1-0 before half, with us coming back 2-1 and Montero going off injured from a challenge by Serioux. ;)
hack the bone? :p

BuSaPuNk
03-30-2009, 02:00 PM
With Seattle traveling all the way across the country and on the road.....3-1 TFC. Dichio, DeRo, and Vitti with Montero scoring for Seattle.

GhostPK
03-30-2009, 03:17 PM

Vancouver did NOT have the support they supposedly are showing now. 20-30 southsider fans does not cut it. Perhaps once they are in the MLS they will have more fan support, but until then!

Ontario Arab
03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I believe Seattle will turn out to be a good team but Ill go out on a limb and say that we will be the first this year to give them a roasting and I mean a club record result.

jloome
03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I can see a 2-2 tie maybe. Too close to call either way, if Montero and Ljunberg are healthy.

It'll be interesting to see how they do without home field advantage. We've been damn near unbeatable at home for stretches, and I remember the first few home wins and how rattled the other teams' players looked at the audience reception.

Both RSL and NY had that rattled appearance playing in Seattle. Maybe Seattle will experience some of it playing in Toronto.

T_Mizz
03-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree about the whole secret ballot thing is silly for a prediction thread

Captain Croatia
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Montero is overwhelmed by the fortress, collapses and assumes the fetal position in the centre circle, TFC 5-0.

Like you said, Montero will be invisible via the Fortress, as well as Robinson and Serioux around.

Time to end the fairy tale for Seattle.

2-0 TFC - DeRo with 2.

One of them will be better then Montero's this past gameweek.

Shakes McQueen
03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I predict we win 92-1, after Seattle's bus fails to make it through the border.

Seattle still claws one goal back, after Jeff Cunningham inexplicably shows up in a TFC uniform just long enough to score an own goal.

- Scott

rocker
03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
i have a hunch Vitti will have a big day.. spotlight is on Montero, and he'll be pumped to show the home fans something.

Shakes McQueen
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
I predict we win 92-1, after Seattle's bus fails to make it through the border.

Seattle still claws one goal back, after Jeff Cunningham inexplicably shows up in a TFC uniform just long enough to score an own goal.

- Scott

Cmon! This was comedy gold!

Jeez, tough crowd. :D

- Scott

ExiledRed
03-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Cmon! This was comedy gold!

Jeez, tough crowd. :D

- Scott

Don't give up your day job, Shakes.

I predict a tough game, with both teams equally desperate for the result.
2-1 to the reds, Vitti scores the winner.

Shakes McQueen
03-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Don't give up your day job, Shakes.

The criticism, it burnsss us. :D

- Scott

sully
03-30-2009, 07:35 PM
in terms of outcome of this game...well it matters a lot if we have Robinson and Guevara back or not.. I see both Wales and Hondurus will play on Wednesday..
So can the players return and play? BTW I see Robinson only played 25 minutes in their game last saturday..

Brooker
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
we need Robo back if we want more than a point, imho.

as far as who scores.... jeez... lord knows.... the only thing i have a hunch about is Montero having an off day and not scoring. heres hoping Vitti breaks the ice and bags one!

my big concern is Kasey Keller.

Shakes McQueen
03-30-2009, 09:37 PM

as far as who scores.... jeez... lord knows.... the only thing i have a hunch about is Montero having an off day and not scoring. heres hoping Vitti breaks the ice and bags one!

Nah, keepers don't scare me. You could have Iker Casillas in goal for Seattle, but the net is still bigger than him. All it takes is one well finished chance, and there's not much Keller's talent can do for him.

I suspect we probably wont see any garbage goals conceded by Keller, but our first game was encouraging, precisely because there were no garbage goals.

- Scott

Yohan
03-30-2009, 09:47 PM
why?

GK is not a player you can neutralize like any other players. You can only pepper a GK with shots. If he stands on his head, well, shit happens.

Don't worry about Keller. Worry about Montero and Ljungberg lol

Nuvinho
03-30-2009, 09:47 PM

I also think Montero won't score against us on Saturday!!! I am actually confident that he won't. I think now that the TFC coaching staff has 2 weeks of game footage of him, they will be able to slow him down. They slowed down GBS, without Robbo. They will do the same with Montero.

Nuvinho
03-30-2009, 09:51 PM
It would be nice to see how the poll turns out??