PDA

View Full Version : columbus post game fisticuffs/altercations. wtf happened? POST HERE

the-lower-eastsider
03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
ok wtf happened? please post all accounts here. early reports have filtered in after the match that there was some drama after the match. well, what happened? was there violence? were there fights between us and them? if so who won and who started it? who got arrested? our guys or theirs (or both)? how did the columbus police respond and behave? lemme guess, in a heavy handed, anti-soccer, anti-canadian way? how many of our guys were arrested? how many went to jail?
lumpy

Gixmo
03-29-2009, 12:53 AM
As I mentioned prior, I didnt really notice any fighting, just some chanting back and forth... but I did watch some dude get manhandled by a cop with a taser in his back out the front gate in front of me.. Seemed kinda aggressive to be honest.

The crew folk aren't all as friendly as they play, thats for sure... There was tension to say the leasts

the-lower-eastsider
03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
As I mentioned prior, I didnt really notice any fighting, just some chanting back and forth... but I did watch some dude get manhandled by a cop with a taser in his back out the front gate in front of me.. Seemed kinda aggressive to be honest.

The crew folk aren't all as friendly as they play, thats for sure... There was tension to say the leasts
there was a lot of tension last year. i knew it was gonna be worse this year. hope none of our boys got clipped. hope none ended up in columbus con-college or the local infirmiry.
lumpy

the-lower-eastsider
03-29-2009, 01:02 AM
whats this about someone tossing part of a barrier? did this kick things off?
also, i saw the smoke show that started late in the game (and it was awesome, BTW). did this lead to an invasion of security/ columbus police?
lumpy

Sab0tage
03-29-2009, 01:06 AM
None of us have any idea. Most of our guys are either still down there or just getting home now and going to sleep. I guess we'll find out more in the morning.

ilikemusic
03-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Im pretty sure talk of supporter related incidents is frowned upon here (at least on the public forums).

Needless rumors are too easily started.

Though I did notice lots of complaining on the Crew BS page. :p

the-lower-eastsider
03-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Im pretty sure talk of supporter related incidents is frowned upon here (at least on the public forums).

Though I did notice lots of complaining on the Crew BS page. :p
just wanna hear our boys side of things.

the-lower-eastsider
03-29-2009, 01:17 AM
The police had come and gone in the stands prior to the smoke, however many were still standing in front of us... The railing being tossed over was more a black eye for the supporters reputation.

Once the smoke came out, the whole area just filled with crew security but there was little they could, it was a dense smoke and totally kick ass haha. I have some great pictures that my brother took in it, quite a site would love to see those photos. post them.

Gixmo
03-29-2009, 01:17 AM
True, gonna remove those to be honest.. Your right, could go the wrong way

Pictures will come tomorrow, I can barely keep my eyes open and I hurt from head to toe...

Sab0tage
03-29-2009, 01:18 AM

Though I did notice lots of complaining on the Crew BS page. :p Getting in arguments with Crew fans on how they are so massive is enjoyable. This guy mention they have always been massive, and that it's because they win. Then they say it's nothing to do with results, and that they've always been massive. Then what is it? Support? Their support was only decent the past two years. So how have they always been massive? Lol.

Calvin
03-29-2009, 01:23 AM
someone liked it!

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=473

thats the opinion i valued the most.

Cashcleaner
03-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Some nice words from the gaffer, no doubt. Man, there is certainly a good vibe of confidence going on with Carver and the players. I think they're all starting to believe just how powerful this roster can be.

Waggy
03-29-2009, 02:02 AM
1) THe barrior was hilarious. Security beefed up, but they more or less left the south end alone. Dunno if it was fear, or just practicality (who can you finger?)
2) 99% of the crew fans were awesome. Same with 99% of ours. After the game 1% of each at various times picked fights with the 1% of the others. Nothing major (police EVERYWHERE).
3) The stadium was SO far from full, on opening day, with a trophy presentation.
4) No-one in the south end actually saw the TFC goal. And apparently it was missed on TV too? Fucking super. All I know is 1 second I was holding a flare that had fallen on some cardboard in our end, the next thing I know I was 2 rows ahead soaked in beer. It was awesome.
5) Heres 1 pic. I'm fucking dead tired. Great job to everyone who was there, great meeting a lot of you guys

RedRum
03-29-2009, 02:23 AM
Just got back myself. Not much to say Craiger. The usual post game minor altercations. Same as last year - Columbus cops sure love their mace :D

Can't wait for our next game there. Gong show and good times!

alexintoronto
03-29-2009, 03:43 AM
I don't think anything happened. But I don't remember anything after the 89th minute.

JamboAl
03-29-2009, 05:41 AM
I left the stadium about 15 mins after the final whistle and didn't see anything major after the game. Sure there were a lot of verbals but nothing unusual; and the security separated the two sets of supporters going down the stairs from the stands. The only incident I saw during the game was a couple of Crew teens coming into 119 and doing the "look at us, we're so cool, let's go into the away support's front row and taunt them" stupidity. They were properly dealt with...

Inswingingwingman
03-29-2009, 06:56 AM
I suggest next year we book the RCMP musical ride for the half time show LOL. Then they can help with crowd control. Or lead the inevitable victory parade as we finally lay one on them in their 1/2 house.

Stugatzo
03-29-2009, 06:59 AM
When I was leaving the game about 20 mins after the whistle, there was a scuffle in the parking lot outside the main gate. Just some pushing and cup throwing but it appeared to get sorted out. Didn't see it start. The handrail toss was silly. No one got pinched for it and it didn't hit any KKKrew players who were warming up under our stand, but that doesn't mean it was OK.
I think there were bigger problems downtown on Friday night than there were at the actual game.

koryo
03-29-2009, 08:32 AM
someone liked it!

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=473

thats the opinion i valued the most.

In Carver We Trust.

MisterMacphisto
03-29-2009, 09:11 AM
ok wtf happened? please post all accounts here. early reports have filtered in after the match that there was some drama after the match. well, what happened? was there violence? were there fights between us and them? if so who won and who started it? who got arrested? our guys or theirs (or both)? how did the columbus police respond and behave? lemme guess, in a heavy handed, anti-soccer, anti-canadian way? how many of our guys were arrested? how many went to jail?
lumpy

This is a really, really stupid public thread.

koryo
03-29-2009, 09:17 AM
I have to admit, I wish I was a mod so I could close it.

Topics such as these aren't suited for public consumption.

ExiledRed
03-29-2009, 09:24 AM
So? Unless you think that people who did anything wrong need protecting, why shouldn't it be discussed?

Keep sweeping this shit under the rug, and pretending it's not a factor and it will keep happening.

koryo
03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
So? Unless you think that people who did anything wrong need protecting, why shouldn't it be discussed?

Keep sweeping this shit under the rug, and pretending it's not a factor and it will keep happening.

And you're assuming that the people who did something wrong are in this group. If that's the case, the group deals with them. If not, then it's beyond our control and it serves no purpose rehashing it here.

Fact is we don't know either way yet.

No, sweeping it under the rug isn't an option. But taking this approach will accomplish what precisely?

OneLoveOneEric
03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
^^

:topic:

ps: painful video to watch. Reminds of Chris Farley....

I got rid of it - it is painful!
It's just what I think of whenever I hear about this made-up rivalry :hide:

koryo
03-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I got rid of it - it is painful!
It's just what I think of whenever I hear about this made-up rivalry :hide:

Fair enough mate :)

Redpunkfiddle
03-29-2009, 09:40 AM
There are better places for this kind of discussion- I doubt you'll get much constructive talk about what worked/went wrong here.

Parkdale
03-29-2009, 09:42 AM
thread closed.

we don't need the speculation, and we certainly don't need crew-lurkers reading this.

please keep any talk in the private sections.