PDA

View Full Version : LOL, s--te bulls give up tying goal...

jloome
03-28-2009, 08:31 PM
... in the 90th minute to New England.

DC and CHicago tied 1-1 as well.

rocker
03-28-2009, 08:35 PM
holy ties batman!

Lucky Strike
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Lol, yeah I watched the match and the goal was against the run of play. Though the 1-1 scoreline means I got my prediction right in fantasy soccer. That's the 4th time in a row they tied 1-1.

Redpunkfiddle
03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Indeed, the shite follows those guys.

Chevy
03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh....

olegunnar
03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
It's chic to root against NY on this board...but in reality it would have benefitted us had they won.
NY is going no where this year, they suck...NER is more of a competitor to us than NY....so NER salvaging a point (a road point to boot) isn't the best result for us.

Nuvinho
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I was more happier to see Chicago tie 1-1 with DC United.

S_D
03-28-2009, 08:59 PM
haha check out the seattle feed. All of their off air comments are being broadcasted. The commentators just admitted they had no idea what they were doing.

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-5672.html

Nuvinho
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
errr........just checked the KC vs. COL lineups..........Davy Arnaud on the bench??? I figure that if you score 2 goals in a game, there is a good chance you'll start next game.

twistedchinaman
03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh....

THE RED CRAPS ARE SHITE! :D

rocker
03-28-2009, 09:43 PM
i'm watching the Seattle game now... just about to start.

also watching USA in El Salvador in a second window.

ThunderTundra
03-28-2009, 10:00 PM
i'm watching the Seattle game now... just about to start.

also watching USA in El Salvador in a second window.

Seattle has another good crowd out, and they are playing similar to last week. they are going to be dangerous for our back line. They have been dissecting RSL with really accurate passing

And btw, the US just scored an unreal equaliser in the 88th minute, they were down 2-0 maybe ten minutes ago

jloome
03-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Steve Zakuani just made RSL's defence look stupid. 1-0 Seattle. They're creating chances everywhere.

This is a good team.

dantdot
03-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Geeeeez Seattle up 1-0, should have been 2 right now.

rocker
03-28-2009, 10:12 PM
This is a good team.

At home. we'll see how good they are next week in the hell called "the road".

Vince Whirlwind
03-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I'd say they're well coached...Montero is definitely a player though.

Looked to be a crowd of about 4,000 at the Crapids/Wizzz game. Is it just me or are they not the two most all-around boring teams in the league?

dantdot
03-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Montero is something else...2-0 Seattle

rocker
03-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Montero is something else...2-0 Seattle

ya, and it was totally against the run of play. Montero was very quiet from about the 35th to the 75th minute. RSL had played him very physical early on and that seemed to get him off his game. Then they kinda forgot about him, backed off, and he scored from far out.

RSL dominated the second half until that goal.

jloome
03-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Let's hope Robbo can shut the kid down next week.

One thing's for sure: Seattle better win the title this season, because once the kid's gone, they've got Kasey Keller and a whole lot of hustle, and that's it.

rocker
03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
I was thinking about TFC's gameplan for saturday.. here are my thoughts:

1) Seattle's home crowd seems to really lift them. they come out guns-a-blazin, riding the energy of the crowd.. but in both games, the crowd really went out of it in the second half, which seemed to slow down their pace. I'm curious to see how they deal with a harshly antagonistic crowd... cuz certainly we've seen teams come to BMO and kinda get shy. They also have a long plane ride, and MLS teams can often do jeckle and hyde routines between home and away, probably due to the travel.

2) both NYRB and RSL really didn't test Keller. When they did, it was usually a pretty easy, fundamental save. NYRB didn't get chances cuz many of their players were selfish (Dane Richards for example) and would try to do things on their own... or they missed passes and couldn't get chances. RSL had chances, but sometimes they tried for the perfect shot. There was one moment where they were around the 18 yard box and they kept passing and passing to each other without taking a shot. i think TFC need to really bombard him from all angles. Dichio would also help to disrupt the box, as Keller is tall and seems able to command the air.

3) TFC has to be physical on Montero. When Olave on RSL knocked Montero into the ad board, he went quiet for like 30 minutes. Now, I'm not saying break his legs, but make sure he knows yer there. The RSL defender just waited back on him tonight and he used his skill to score from miles out.

any other gameplan thoughts?

Shway
03-29-2009, 12:46 AM
if TFC put Cronin on the wing next game, its going to be a travesty, because Alonso or Riley will SHUT him down,

......start SMITH

Oldtimer
03-29-2009, 11:36 AM
3) TFC has to be physical on Montero. When Olave on RSL knocked Montero into the ad board, he went quiet for like 30 minutes. Now, I'm not saying break his legs, but make sure he knows yer there. The RSL defender just waited back on him tonight and he used his skill to score from miles out.

any other gameplan thoughts?

Harmse or Serioux could keep Montero in line.

I think we have to do all-out offense, like in KC. Seattle will score some goals, we just need to outscore them. I'd like to see the same lineup and positioning as with KC, substituting Vitti (Dichio in the 60th) for Barrett, and Sutts for Frei in net.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Will Robbo be back?
Cuz i expect to see Robbo covering Montero and doing a great job at it, i also figure Cronin will sit on the bench and itll essentially be

-------------Sutton---
Wynne--Serioux---Harmse---Brennan
Ricketts---Robbo--Guevara if hes back---DeRo
----------Vitti---------Barrett-----

If guevaras not back, itll be cronin

LucaGol
03-29-2009, 11:45 AM
if TFC put Cronin on the wing next game, its going to be a travesty, because Alonso or Riley will SHUT him down,

......start SMITH

When was Cronin on the wing ... did I miss something?

If he was drifting to that position, it was of his own doing.

I thought we were lining up pretty pure 4-4-2, I honestly can't remember if if morphed into a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with with Cronin and Ricketts as the 2 and DeRo in the hole.

Either way, a diamond set up does not mean ur playing on the flank just because ur not the true CM. It's not as if he was adding width nor was he superglued to the touch line.