PDA

View Full Version : Fan 590

egoodwin
03-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone else listen in today?

Brings a level of excitement to the game that just isn't there on the tv.

Their commentary team really brings the atmosphere out

I was in a car and missed 40 min or so of it, and glad I heard the broadcast on the radio

DVS
03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I listened to about 30 min of it and Dan Dunleavy not really having a footy background didn't do a bad job.

I say the pluses are the fan will be forced to talk a little TFC which is good for the growth of the sport

sidvan
03-29-2009, 07:52 AM
heard snippets as i was off to a meeting, not too bad

backbeat
03-29-2009, 08:18 AM
i was happy it was on as i had to drive for the 2nd half - not too bad except he kept calling it "the ball game - 30 minutes left in the ball game" - none the less it was exciting to listen to....

rocker
03-29-2009, 10:05 AM
i was happy it was on as i had to drive for the 2nd half - not too bad except he kept calling it "the ball game - 30 minutes left in the ball game" - none the less it was exciting to listen to....

but it is a ball game! ;)

probably more of a ball game than a game played with sticks ;)

mlsintoronto
03-29-2009, 10:38 AM
i hevent heard a game on the fan yet...do they do post game phone in?

crazypete13
03-29-2009, 03:06 PM
i hevent heard a game on the fan yet...do they do post game phone in?

No, they went right into NCAA basketball coverage after the post game wrap up.

All in all, I was very pleased with the broadcast: a very good description of the play (verified repeatedly by watching the same play a minute later on the internet), good atmosphere from the stadium - but not so loud that it detracted from the announcing.

SoccMan
03-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Dan Dunleavy, the person calling the TFC games on the fan is a soccer guy, he played youth soccer all his life growing up and still plays in a mens league. He was the play by play guy for the Toronto Lynx on Rogers TV cable 10.

DavydMT
03-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Well done by The Fan crew, enjoyed listing to both games. Hearing football on the radio is GREAT.

GrimsbyTown
03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
It was great to listen to the "ball game" on the radio for once. Dunleavy made it fun and easy to listen to. I'm sooo glad the matches are on the radio.

Every time he said "FC" or "TFC" I could just picture all the footy snobs freaking out that he was ignorant because he was not using "real-fan approved" nomenclature.

All in all I think its a positive having them on the airwaves.

AL-MO
03-29-2009, 07:50 PM
, good atmosphere from the stadium - but not so loud that it detracted from the announcing.

Yes. Because that actually matters.:rolleyes:

GuelphStorm2007
03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
I listened to the first half on the fan590 and watched the second half on my computer. Both broadcasts were done well . I am looking forward to working in my garage or backyard this summer while the TFC game is on the radio.

geordie77
03-29-2009, 09:00 PM
be thankful we have the game on TV , the radio & over the internet.
bring on the season & make me forget about Newcastle United.
come on you reds!!!

AL-MO
03-29-2009, 09:04 PM
be thankful we have the game on TV , the radio & over the internet.
bring on the season & make me forget about Newcastle United.
come on you reds!!!

Agree 100%.

Blizzard
03-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Anyone else listen in today?

Brings a level of excitement to the game that just isn't there on the tv.

Their commentary team really brings the atmosphere out

I was in a car and missed 40 min or so of it, and glad I heard the broadcast on the radio

I've only heard clips of Dan from last weeks game and he was good but I've fallen in love with the job that Luke Wileman has done for the two games on Gol TV.

Listen here: http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=472

crazypete13
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes. Because that actually matters.:rolleyes:

Erm, let me rephrase.

For the most part I was able to hear the chants clearly over the radio, and the sound mix was good.

They had sound issues at one point and all you could hear was the beating of a nearby drum that drowned out the PBP. That defeats the purpose of a radio broadcast.