PDA

View Full Version : Calling all TFC fans in or around Vancouver

Vancity RED
03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Not sure how many there are of us TFC supporters out here, but here goes...

I cannot wait for next week's home opener. It's on CBC and I'm hoping I can find some TFC supporters out here to catch the game with. There is a bar on Broadway called the Regal Beagle that has a pretty good event watching set-up. I'll give them a shout early this week to confirm they'll play the game - I'm 100% sure they will.

Hopefully I'll have some company...

GhostPK
03-28-2009, 05:24 PM
JUNE 2!!!!!!!!!!! Section Q!!!!!! WEST COAST REDS!!!!!!!!!! BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!

ua-kozak_TFC
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
just out of curiosity... who will you cheer for in 2011. ( if you convert to white caps supporters it would be more than understandable... i won;t jusge, nor i think any othe TFC support on this board)

Vancity RED
03-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Nutrilite tickets go on sale April 25. Section Q, eh? See you there.

Vancity RED
03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
just out of curiosity... who will you cheer for in 2011. ( if you convert to white caps supporters it would be more than understandable... i won;t jusge, nor i think any othe TFC support on this board)

I will always support TFC. I'll cheer for the Whitecaps as long as the outcome is TFC neutral, so I'll be a Whitecaps part time supporter in that sense.

magicfro
03-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Toronto 'till I die!

TFCAlbertaGirl
03-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Im just so happy that the whitecraps got in MLS. The closer the away game the better!

FCBarcelona
03-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Im just so happy that the whitecraps got in MLS. The closer the away game the better!
-----
agree,
also Seattle and Portland are not far from Calgary:D

SilverSamurai
03-28-2009, 07:53 PM
-----
agree,
LOL- gotta love Canadian distances... lol 6hrs is like a 1hr drive in Europe. lol

TFCAlbertaGirl
03-28-2009, 08:15 PM
-----
agree,
Umm Its all good but I'm not from calgary, about 2.5 hours away! Thinking of driving to Seattle tho...

twistedchinaman
03-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Salt Lake and Denver are all within 2.5 hours flying time. It's all good...:D

Inklink
03-28-2009, 09:07 PM
You folks make me proud to be a TFC fan :) .

lazlo_80
03-29-2009, 02:03 AM
I've been to the regal beagle to watch european championship games, it's a good place.

can't make it this weekend as I'll be at a wedding, but i'm definitely down to watch TFC there when they play the hoops the week after.

So section Q is going to be the TFC section at Swangaard? See you guys there for the nutrilite.

Anyone else got tickets for the TFC game in Seattle?

GhostPK
03-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Nutrilite tickets go on sale April 25. Section Q, eh? See you there.

I've been to the regal beagle to watch european championship games, it's a good place.

can't make it this weekend as I'll be at a wedding, but i'm definitely down to watch TFC there when they play the hoops the week after.

So section Q is going to be the TFC section at Swangaard? See you guys there for the nutrilite.

Anyone else got tickets for the TFC game in Seattle?

Section Q is going to be TFC supporter section at Swangard. I have a buddy whom I played indoor soccer with who says WhitecRap supporters will show us how its done. Section Q is right next to the Sesame street southside supporter group (please refer to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9VzvTaf50 for clarification).

Currently we are working on bringing some gear with us such as flags, banners, a drum ect. If we can own Section Q, we can stand, dance, sing and do what TFC fans do (Last year we sat in section B and the soccer moms behind us got mad at us trying to stand. Everyone from section A through C were annoyed at our chants and singing. It was a good time).

We will also be at Seattle in Aug. Hope to see all you Western Reds out there!

When the whitecRaps enter the MLS, they will still be cRap. I will never be blue nor white nor "WhitecRap dynomite". I know I am Im sure I am Toronto Till I die!

-West Coast Reds

GhostPK
03-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Not sure how many there are of us TFC supporters out here, but here goes...

I cannot wait for next week's home opener. It's on CBC and I'm hoping I can find some TFC supporters out here to catch the game with. There is a bar on Broadway called the Regal Beagle that has a pretty good event watching set-up. I'll give them a shout early this week to confirm they'll play the game - I'm 100% sure they will.

Hopefully I'll have some company...

Are you going to be there next weekend for the home opener? I might be in Van that weekend to watch the game with my buddy at BCIT. We could probably make it down.

Vancity RED
03-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Are you going to be there next weekend for the home opener? I might be in Van that weekend to watch the game with my buddy at BCIT. We could probably make it down.

Ya, I'll be at the Beagle for sure.

As for the TFC games in Seattle and Vancouver, I would definately be into catching these games with other TFC supporters. If section Q is the place to be in Vancouver, let's make it happen. Seattle would be more of a challenge but I'd be in.

lazlo_80
03-29-2009, 04:27 PM
unfortunately already got my tickets for the seattle game, wasn't sure where the visitors section was so just grabbed the best ones that popped up. I know a few others i might be able to get to sit in section Q

twistedchinaman
03-30-2009, 12:16 AM
I don't know if this works for you Vancouver folk, but this might not be a bad idea, if you are going multiple days:

http://www.amtrakcascades.com/schedule.htm

GhostPK
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
unfortunately already got my tickets for the seattle game, wasn't sure where the visitors section was so just grabbed the best ones that popped up. I know a few others i might be able to get to sit in section Q

Vancouver is section Q, not seattle....

magicfro
03-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Seattle is section 203.

lazlo_80
03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
crap, i'm in section 212 for the Seattle game.

When tickets open up for the Whitecaps game can you buy online for a specific section or do you have to buy them over phone?

BallardSounder
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Lazlo,
The Sounders ticket office should be able to relocate you. They're pretty aware of the desire of away fans to sit in their own supporters' sections. Just give them a call and let them know.

GhostPK
03-30-2009, 09:06 PM
crap, i'm in section 212 for the Seattle game.

When tickets open up for the Whitecaps game can you buy online for a specific section or do you have to buy them over phone?

I got my tickets from Ticket Scalper (Master) online last year. Section Q is the "cheap" seats, but if you ask me, the best seats for TFC fans. I mean who sits anyways?

GhostPK
03-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Seattle is section 203.

Man, could you have picked a farther hole in the corner? :D

Cheezeboy
03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
If I can get confirmation that the Regal Beagle will be showing the game. I will show up for sure.

ginkster88
03-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Regal Beagle? Effing amazing name. I won't be there on Saturday, but I will be there in September... what are the recreational soccer leagues like out there?

lazlo_80
03-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Ginkster, tons of soccer leagues out here. Plus they have turf fields out here so you can play outdoor all year long, it's pretty fantastic. They do proper promotion and relegation of the bigger leagues. the biggest one is the Vancouver Metro Soccer League. But there's a TON of other smaller ones.

ginkster88
03-31-2009, 11:59 AM
That's fantastic. Do any of you fools have a team that need players? I'm quite good as a decoy forward (ie. I'm usually faster than the defense, but I can't put the ball in the net, so I'm often double-marked until the other guys figure that out :)). I play with a ton of heart to make up for it though!

brad
03-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Cheers to you folks. Nice to see you representing from out West.

lazlo_80
04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Im playing on two teams right now, Ginkster, when you get out here in September it'll be a different story, if you're still looking for a team then PM me, I'm sure I'll be playing one form or another.

Frank Costanza
04-01-2009, 10:20 AM
this tfc fan is sooo proud and honourd to be a fellow fan with those thousands of km away who are die hard, who go to other cities to watch games, who make events at bars, and van citiers to have team named for you and to still love the red more that is something im truly touched to be reading. being a fan of this team makes me soo proud when you see the fellow fans, thats what this whole thing is about and when we win our first mls cup the celebration is gonna be one that hits the entire country

Vancity RED
04-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Just talked to the Beagle and they'll play the game for sure, we just gotta show up and ask for it. What else is going on at 12:30 PDT this Saturday? NASCAR?

...not that there's anything wrong with that...

lazlo_80
04-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Good to hear Vancity. Won't be able to make it this weekend due to a wedding, but I'll see you guys there for the next one.

Callum
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
FYI: I was walking by the Regal Beagle yesterday and noticed a sign on their door proclaiming that their liquor license had been suspended. Having not yet seen this thread, I didn't think to inquire as to the length of this ban (for all I know the suspension will have been lifted by Saturday). I'm going to look into this further and will post an update as soon as I can.

Vancity RED
04-01-2009, 03:29 PM
FYI: I was walking by the Regal Beagle yesterday and noticed a sign on their door proclaiming that their liquor license had been suspended. Having not yet seen this thread, I didn't think to inquire as to the length of this ban (for all I know the suspension will have been lifted by Saturday). I'm going to look into this further and will post an update as soon as I can.

ACK!

Callum
04-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry for the scare! Just got off the phone with them and they said that it is back (the liquor license, that is) as of today. Phew! See you all there.

Cheezeboy
04-01-2009, 05:02 PM
K, Me and a buddy are showing up then!

GhostPK
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Just talked to the Beagle and they'll play the game for sure, we just gotta show up and ask for it. What else is going on at 12:30 PDT this Saturday? NASCAR?

Well I WAS supposed to head into Van this weekend but I forgot that my Engineering Design Project Competition is this weekend. I was so tempted to ditch anyways.... lol. See you in two weeks?

magicfro
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
The Sounders' front office told me the the supporters section is 203.

lazlo_80
04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
have you seen 203 on the stadium map? It's about as far away from the action as it gets.

Marianne
04-02-2009, 06:36 PM

To all Vancouver TFC fans --watch out for this guy. He's trouble! :D

TFCinVANCOUVER
04-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I'll FUKKIN BE THERE BOYS!!!

Toronto till I die

Calvin
04-03-2009, 01:28 AM

Just because its in Canada doesn't make it close. Im pretty sure all the other bid cities were closer.

Vancity RED
04-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Just because its in Canada doesn't make it close. Im pretty sure all the other bid cities were closer.

Ummm...it's closer for those of us who live in the west (in places like Alberta and BC).

Anyway, it looks like this might just work. Hopefully I'll see some of you tomorrow at 12:30 PDT at the Beagle.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Marianne, you don't even know what trouble is. When are you guys coming to visit?

TFCinVANCOUVER
04-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I was just at the Regal Beagle with my father and the manager said that he had the joint booked on Saturday at 3:30 but He said it shouldn't be an issue!! just that we had to be out by 3:30!!

also for future considerations the Frog and Firkin manager said he would play ever game if we liked and he'd also give us our own section or patio for all the games!!! just a thought

Vancity RED
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
^^^ Probably too late to change the venue now. I just called the Beagle and it's kind of unclear as to what's going on, the manager is going to give me a call in an hour to sort this out.

I'll post what I know when I know it.

TFCinVANCOUVER
04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
^^^ Probably too late to change the venue now. I just called the Beagle and it's kind of unclear as to what's going on, the manager is going to give me a call in an hour to sort this out.

I'll post what I know when I know it.

Thanks Buddy !!Your the man

Vancity RED
04-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Alright - no word back from the Beagle yet and I'm on my way outta here. I doubt I'll be on line before the game tomorrow so let's just meet at the Beagle and sort things out then and there. If they're gonna throw us out at 3:30 sharp, I'd rather bolt down to the Firkin and watch. I don't want someone telling me when I have to stop celebrating a TFC victory and vacate their establishment.

COME ON YOU REDS!

TFCinVANCOUVER
04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Amen to that

pekduck
04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
any of you going down to seattle aug 29th for TFC?

Cheezeboy
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I am heading to the Seattle game. with a few buddies of mine!

FCBarcelona
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm truely thinking aboot doing this , i've chek on flights from Calgary to Seattle and places to stay, so stay tuned.

TFC:canada:

GhostPK
04-03-2009, 11:17 PM
All I can get is section 212. Im going to call their office after they finish crying over this weekends loss and see if i cant get a seat in 203

GhostPK
04-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Woah! They are even open tomorrow. Maybe I'll give them a call at half time and order my tix and throw in a little raggin for free :D