Mojo
03-28-2009, 01:14 AM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/pdf/mls/2009/gameguides/03/328clbtor.pdf

-------Barrett--Dichio-------
-Ricketts----Smith-----DeRo--
-----------Cronin------------
Brennan--Harmse--Serioux--Wynne
----------Sutton-------------

DannyD with the start, maybe we'll finally see Vitti in as the 60th minute sub for DD?

Also, no Robinson or Guevara, gonna make things a little rough.

jloome
03-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Heheh, those things are never accurate. May be the right starting lineup, but not formation.

Brooker
03-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Vitti still a sub in Columbus? really? hard to believe.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-28-2009, 01:49 AM
I wouldn’t read too much into the lineup in the match preview pdf - they’re never right and often comically wrong (they had Joey Melo in the starting lineup several times last year). Carver’s pretty much said it will be Frei not Sutton, plus I’d be much surprised if Smith played as an attacking central mid.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-28-2009, 06:02 AM
whats with smith in the middle?
I really hope Vitti starts, could be that hes still not match fit but christ id love to see him play already

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
03-28-2009, 06:51 AM
my word if vitti isint starting ill loose it FUCKING CHOKE BARRET SHOLDNT EVEN BE PLAYING THIS SPORT ANY MORE ... ohh the anger...:mad:

gmacpheetfc
03-28-2009, 08:01 AM
this pre game thing was wrong last week don't expect anything said dichio was also starting and that sutton was in net

anto7
03-28-2009, 08:05 AM
whats with smith in the middle?
I really hope Vitti starts, could be that hes still not match fit but christ id love to see him play already
Noticed on one of the TFC TV interviews (where the players were training in the backgorund) that Vitti was wearing a knee support. Perhaps they do not want to risk him if he is not 100%.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Noticed on one of the TFC TV interviews (where the players were training in the backgorund) that Vitti was wearing a knee support. Perhaps they do not want to risk him if he is not 100%.

could very well be, how long ago was that?
Erg, the anticipation to see him play is killing me HA

Dozitwin
03-28-2009, 09:07 AM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/pdf/mls/2009/gameguides/03/328clbtor.pdf

-------Barrett--Dichio-------
-Ricketts----Smith-----DeRo--
-----------Cronin------------
Brennan--Harmse--Serioux--Wynne
----------Sutton-------------

DannyD with the start, maybe we'll finally see Vitti in as the 60th minute sub for DD?

Also, no Robinson or Guevara, gonna make things a little rough.

This is from the 'game guide' and these things are never right. The league puts out a 'possible" starting 11. Seriously just look at it, Smith as a centre mid, especially when Harmse or Serioux can come forward, and I can't see Sutton getting the start, it's still Frei's spot.

The other thing to remember is that this came out on Thursday and we know JC always waits until the day before to let his guys know who will start, and I don't think we've ever known who will start before the actual match.

loconet
03-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Nah, Vitti will most likely start before DD.

Ron Manager
03-28-2009, 09:17 AM
my word if vitti isint starting ill loose it FUCKING CHOKE BARRET SHOLDNT EVEN BE PLAYING THIS SPORT ANY MORE ... ohh the anger...:mad:

Barrett is going to get double digits in goals this year, I would say 12. That is a very respectable number in this league. We're talking about a goal every other game which is often the measuring stick for a good striker.
It will come with quite a few frustrating misses, but let's face it, if he had a better strike percentage, he would be in Europe making far more money.
Barrett is a good young striker and will be solid for us. The fact that we see him miss a fair few is testament as well to how often he gets into good positions. As he confidence grows, he will score more.

I would love to see us on this board lay off him a bit. He does not deserve to be this years Cunningham/Samuel/Welsh/Velez/Ruiz.

colman1860
03-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Barrett is going to get double digits in goals this year, I would say 12. That is a very respectable number in this league. We're talking about a goal every other game which is often the measuring stick for a good striker.
It will come with quite a few frustrating misses, but let's face it, if he had a better strike percentage, he would be in Europe making far more money.
Barrett is a good young striker and will be solid for us. The fact that we see him miss a fair few is testament as well to how often he gets into good positions. As he confidence grows, he will score more.

I would love to see us on this board lay off him a bit. He does not deserve to be this years Cunningham/Samuel/Welsh/Velez/Ruiz.

Well said.

I have a poll about today's starting formation (assuming Vitti is fit) on my blog - let me know your thoughts:

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/columbus-crew-toronto-fc-preview.html

kitchener-TFC
03-28-2009, 09:55 AM
What was wrong with Velez last year?

I wouldn’t read too much into the lineup in the match preview pdf - they’re never right and often comically wrong (they had Joey Melo in the starting lineup several times last year). Carver’s pretty much said it will be Frei not Sutton, plus I’d be much surprised if Smith played as an attacking central mid.
Why shouldn't we expect Sutton in net against the KKKrew? Wouldn't he improve our chances of winning?

nascarguy
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
i do not think will will see this kit
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/images/2009/03/24/sAjwOaRj.jpg
but man i hated it but now i like it and want to get it

Ron Manager
03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
What was wrong with Velez last year?

Why shouldn't we expect Sutton in net against the KKKrew? Wouldn't he improve our chances of winning?

I actually like Velez. He plays with heart and is strong on the in the air. My point was that he was the scapegoat for this board all last year. He was often pointed at for all that was wrong with the team and I feel that was unfair. For the record, I liked Welshie too. The others deserved the criticism but could hardly be held responsible for all the ills of our squad, as certain people often tried to do.

anto7
03-28-2009, 10:45 AM
could very well be, how long ago was that?
Erg, the anticipation to see him play is killing me HA
It was the Luke Wellman/Jason Devos interview which I believe was in Columbus yesterday. Did not look like Vitti was struggling or anything but he was definately wearing a knee support.

mclaren
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
i do not think will will see this kit
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/images/2009/03/24/sAjwOaRj.jpg
but man i hated it but now i like it and want to get it

I was quite impressed by this goalkeeper top but the colours wouldn't work today.

Dozitwin
03-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I actually like Velez. He plays with heart and is strong on the in the air. My point was that he was the scapegoat for this board all last year. He was often pointed at for all that was wrong with the team and I feel that was unfair. For the record, I liked Welshie too. The others deserved the criticism but could hardly be held responsible for all the ills of our squad, as certain people often tried to do.

I agree and I think the board gives Valez a little too much crap. The majority of us loved him until he was red carded while wearing the captains arm band. He fell out of favour with JC and fell out of favour with the board yet his style of play didn't change just the boards perception of him. Is he a great CB, no he's not but he works his ass off and we would cut him a little slack.

profit89
03-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Barrett stinks

MartinUtd
03-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Im surprised Barrett and Dichio would both get the start seeing as neither are good candidates to go the full 90. Either way having one of the three come off the bench to replace the tiredest legs will be a huge boost.

Juanito
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Vitti SHOULD start, but I have a feeling Dicchio will be subbed out and they'll rearrange the formation to get him in.

Good luck lads!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Frei is in the goal again...and after last weeks good performance he should be...Sutton may be the odd man out this season..as Edwards needs playing time too.
To bad MLS got rid of the reserve division..it was a needed league.

Cas87
03-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Who knows maybe the reserves will make a return once the MLS can realize that money can be made from it, and if they schedule it properly