PDA

View Full Version : ICF preview (includes RPB interview)

SweetOwnGoal
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
The Columbus preview is now up. We interview Jack...

http://www.24thminute.com/2009/03/its-called-football-preview-columbus.html

FluSH
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
....F

FluSH
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
....I

FluSH
03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
....R

FluSH
03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
...S

FluSH
03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
...T

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Calling a GM "an idiot" is class, Jack? :)

denime
03-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Jack is hooligan in disguise.

Roogsy
03-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Does he have a shirt that has "hooligan" written on it?

JDG
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for bringing this to us guys.
As always, a great show.:canada:

A couple of things that struck me while watching:

- The acoustics in the tunnel were horrible. - How could you have thought that would work out? Live and learn I guess.:noidea:

- I'm pretty sure Columbus is missing Moreno this week-end. You missed him when you talked about absences due to Injury/International duty. That's a big one, as he was the top scorer for Columbus last year.

- Robinson may not be a fan favourite, but he is certainly recognized for his role by the people who know. 2x Player of the year as chosen by the team, and Player of the Year in 2008 as chosen by the Red Patch Boys.

- Not playing Vitti in KC was likely for two reasons. 1. It's been rumoured there may have been disciplinary reasons to sit him, and 2. He's an unknown element that Columbus can't scout before facing him.

Jack
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I said he sounded like an idiot, not that he was an idiot.

;)

I'll try to do better next time. :canada:

rocker
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
1. It's been rumoured there may have been disciplinary reasons to sit him,

this is the first I've heard of this... any details on what happened?

JDG
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
this is the first I've heard of this... any details on what happened?

My memory isn't too reliable. I'm not sure what I heard, only that I retained that impression. Sorry.

ExiledRed
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
I'll try to do better next time. :canada:

yeah, next time say that he's a 'fat cunt with a big mouth'

Jack
03-26-2009, 01:41 PM
yeah, next time say that he's a 'fat cunt with a big mouth'
That sounds about right ;)

Daveisonfire
03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Not to kiss anyones ass or anything...

but Jack, you are a great representitive of the group...happy to call you Prez

SweetOwnGoal
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for bringing this to us guys.
As always, a great show.:canada:

A couple of things that struck me while watching:

- The acoustics in the tunnel were horrible. - How could you have thought that would work out? Live and learn I guess.:noidea:

- I'm pretty sure Columbus is missing Moreno this week-end. You missed him when you talked about absences due to Injury/International duty. That's a big one, as he was the top scorer for Columbus last year.

- Robinson may not be a fan favourite, but he is certainly recognized for his role by the people who know. 2x Player of the year as chosen by the team, and Player of the Year in 2008 as chosen by the Red Patch Boys.

- Not playing Vitti in KC was likely for two reasons. 1. It's been rumoured there may have been disciplinary reasons to sit him, and 2. He's an unknown element that Columbus can't scout before facing him.

RE: Moreno - I had a complete brain fart at that point of the shoot and we were running out of time to get it done so we couldn't re-shoot.

RE: The tunnel - we thought there would be some symbolism to it, plus we are going for a bit of a gorilla feel to it...but I agree that the sound wasn't great. Like you said, live and learn.

The Vitti rumour was too speculative...I haven't been able to track down any info there so I went with what I could defend.

Yes, you are right about Robbo here. He does, however, get ripped on by a sizable amount of fans -- largely because of what he makes. He will be missed Saturday.

trane
03-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Good job Jack, you sounded diplomatic, but firm. I liked it.

CretanBull
03-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Not to kiss anyones ass or anything...

but Jack, you are a great representitive of the group...happy to call you Prez

Don't encourage the power hungry media whore ;)