PDA

View Full Version : Montero likely only staying one season?

jloome
03-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Looks like the options aren't up to Seattle, from this piece. So I guess no buy-on has been arranged, which would break with league policy, wouldn't it?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sounders/2008924679_sounders26.html

Couple this with the fact that the league has essentially confirmed that it, and not Seattle, was tipped about Montero by a former employee, and this is looking like a very "LA Galaxy" deal all of a sudden.

Pachuco
03-26-2009, 08:27 AM
It's probably no different then the deal we have with Vitti. If the kid performs the way Montero is performing, I don't think we'll see Vitti next year either.

The notion of MLS requiring buy out policy has still yet to be proved. For now it's a rumour that I've only heard on this site. Unless I missed Garber saying that somewhere.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-26-2009, 08:35 AM
This kid will be gone and outta seattle faster than a hooker turns a trick on a busy saturday night!

If he keeps lighting it up this kid will be seeing more european football than Donovan can even dream of!! LOL

brad
03-26-2009, 08:50 AM
If he continues to light it up like he did in the first match, I'll be he won't even finish the season here.

Yohan
03-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Anyone know the details of Montero's contract? I thought it was a season loan. Dunno any recall cluses too

Ossington Mental Youth
03-26-2009, 09:18 AM
It's probably no different then the deal we have with Vitti. If the kid performs the way Montero is performing, I don't think we'll see Vitti next year either.

The notion of MLS requiring buy out policy has still yet to be proved. For now it's a rumour that I've only heard on this site. Unless I missed Garber saying that somewhere.

I would be amazed if Vittis deal was the same as Monteros to be honest, im sure he wants a stable home and that independiente dont hold him in such high esteem