PDA

View Full Version : Unruly fans, your days are done. Big Brother is watching

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 06:49 AM
"Is there a drunk slob in the row behind you? Flapping his Raiders flag into your cranium over and over? Smelling like he bathes in Jack Daniel's and cursing more than Amy Winehouse?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4012452

Coming to BMO, near you.

tfc007
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
doubt it !

MUFC_Niagara
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
"Lady in turquoise tank is flipping people off and cursing sec 235 row 14."

"Section 446 Guy is trying to fight everyone -- send someone to remove him please."

"This is ridiculous. We are being spit on from the 254 section."

"Drunk guy passed out in my seat & can't wake him up sec 442."

"Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair."

I dunno Barbie, of those texts I don't see one that looks unreasonable.

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 06:56 AM
been confirmed...it is coming to BMO

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 06:56 AM
doubt it !

Paul already said they were looking into it.

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 06:57 AM
"Lady in turquoise tank is flipping people off and cursing sec 235 row 14."

"Section 446 Guy is trying to fight everyone -- send someone to remove him please."

"This is ridiculous. We are being spit on from the 254 section."

"Drunk guy passed out in my seat & can't wake him up sec 442."

"Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair."

I dunno Barbie, of those texts I don't see one that looks unreasonable.

Those are just examples in the shitty article, where does it stop though...
somebody doesnt like you for some reason and makes up bullshit, you're gone!

denime
03-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Good to know,now we can get rid of all tourists and soccer moms in our sections.
Just text,need help in sec # ,to many ppl are sitting and talking about work,please clean up row 6 and 9. :)

TFC*FAN
03-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Sounds like a good thing to me. Hold people accountable for their actions.

If some guy chucks a beer and sprays a whole section or he's too drunk to stand up, he doesn't deserve to be there.

Suds
03-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair.

uhhh ...they referring to the hair on his head or the hair ... :D

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Good to know,now we can get rid of all tourists and soccer moms in our sections.
Just text,need help in sec # ,to many ppl are sitting and talking about work,please clean up row 6 and 9. :)

lol thats what they want...you, sitting down, quiet not making any noise drinking your 12$ carlsberg and eating your $6 hotdog
mlsintoronto, you look into this or this comes to BMO you're even a bigger wanker then i thought...

Pigfynn
03-26-2009, 07:11 AM
If someone got thrown out for swearing and making hand gestures It would be a sad sign of things to come. Footie and swearing are like pb and jam.

Phil
03-26-2009, 07:12 AM
It is a 'service' that they are using. From my perspective the south end should be fine but non supporter areas may have some challenges.

Parkdale
03-26-2009, 07:12 AM
mlsintoronto, you look into this or this comes to BMO you're even a bigger wanker then i thought...

why the chip on your shoulder? Oh right....

I'm sure the plan is to alert security to a problem, but you can't get ejected unless they actually see you do something or have someone complain in real life.

Besides... how many "Please bring pizza to 112" messages do you think they'll get a game? 1000?

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 07:15 AM

I'm sure the plan is to alert security to a problem, but you can't get ejected unless they actually see you do something or have someone complain in real life.

Besides... how many "Please bring pizza to 112" messages do you think they'll get a game? 1000?

"unless they actually see you do something"

then why bother with tattletale txting at all if they have to see it? I dont remember reading that in the article...

drewski
03-26-2009, 07:16 AM
this is just an easier way to enforce existing rules.

fact is you could always go to an usher to complain about people in your area, and they would deal with the problem person or call security.

not too mention, the person complaining is less likely to be harassed by the friends of the person being complained about because they won't necessarily know who complained

and as PB has said, if you are one of those people, you'll get fair warning before being tossed

Suds
03-26-2009, 07:24 AM

I agree. This service being investigated and being implemented are two different things and far apart from and actual decision on doing something like this. I guess if MLSE feels there is a real need for this to address problems in the stands we could see it.

I can also see how, if implemented properly, this could be another useful tool. By being alerted to a possible problem in the stands security can be proactive rather than reactive.

Scenario: Security/Facility people receive a text. Notify security in that area to investigate by watching that area or person. They note of there really is problem fan or not. If so, address the fan and ask them to change their behavior. If they decide not to comply then they are dealt with.

Somehow I don't think they'll just toss someone based on an anonymous text.

Since I'm not s dick to anyone around me I have nothing to worry about anyway ... so I could really care less if they did this or not.

ensco
03-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Barbarez, I enjoy your posts, you make some really good points, we do live in a free country but the man is intruding on our civil liberties everywhere....but I think this is actually a good idea.

Suggestion: get to know the security guys in your section. Help them to know whether a text msg received is worth checking into, or not.

Peace.

Goodfellas FC
03-26-2009, 07:33 AM
"unless they actually see you do something"

then why bother with tattletale txting at all if they have to see it? I dont remember reading that in the article...

from the article

"Okay, so maybe you're thinking: This is just more Big Brother in our lives, the further creation of the surveillance state. But fans aren't getting thrown out without proof. At many stadiums, when a text comes in to security, a closed-circuit camera is put on the very seat in question to see what the problem is. If the guy in the Abominable Snowman costume really is clubbing people with his Styrofoam head, somebody will be there pronto."

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 07:34 AM
hi security, theres people in 112 that dont belong here. Please hurry. Row 1-20.

Now you're kicking out people that make that section but werent able to get tickets there for whatever reason. Now, most people in 112 know each other so they let it slide but what about that casual who comes once in a while and doesnt like it?

H Bomb
03-26-2009, 07:35 AM
^^ who is?

nfitz
03-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Here's another example in the article: "Huge guy, refuses to sit down, drinking too much, everyone yelling at him."

LOL

Not sure about this ...

TFC John
03-26-2009, 07:50 AM
lol thats what they want...you, sitting down, quiet not making any noise drinking your 12$ carlsberg and eating your $6 hotdog

I think, to a certain degree, they are selling the "atmosphere" as much as they are selling the football. So far they have been very intellegent on how they deal with the supporters groups and I don't expect that to change.

As concerning as a tattletale system is (see Nazi Germany 1938 - oh yes, I went straight to the Nazi reference), this one is based upon the social norms of the people around you. If you are in a section where people don't mind profanity, then no one will rat you out for using it. If you are surrounded by some kids soccer team then you shouldn't be using profanity anyway. In some sections it might be appropriate to send them a message saying "some guy is texting on his blackberry instead of watching the game - kick him out!"

Barbarez - You have shown that you have the ability to modify your behavior when asked to do so on this board. You should be able to do that at the stadium too. You only have to be as good as the guys next to you.

nfitz
03-26-2009, 07:52 AM
If you arsurrounded by some kids soccer team then you shouldn't be using profanity anyway.Why not - have you heard the language these kids use? I spent a lot of time in a school last year while I was on parental leave; let me tell you that the language and things I heard made the office extremely tame!

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 07:57 AM
I just dont like this sneaking around and 'watching'...

TFC John
03-26-2009, 08:01 AM
I once saw a sign on a church billboard that said "An example is a lesson that everyone can see". That's about the only thing I've learned from a church. Still, if you don't show kids you can communicate without profanity what will our future be like? Profanity has its place, but it loses it's effect if you use it all the fuckin' time.

mlsintoronto
03-26-2009, 08:04 AM
my new plates arrived.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/mlsintoronto/license_20090326055214_20373.jpg

nfitz
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
And hidden in there, is some odd deep-seated belief that profanity is in itself bad - rather than simply being contextual.

sulfur
03-26-2009, 08:07 AM
so, you're the one driving around with that car! :D

H Bomb
03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
my new plates arrived.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/mlsintoronto/license_20090326055214_20373.jpg

yeah this whole plan was put in place to make sure people were sitting during games right Paul? You've been out to get us supporters groups since day one!!!

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
my new plates arrived.

Is it true that you put the PB in the PB&J? Or did you just use the PB to gain a higher status with your peers?

Pookie
03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
This is just another way to alert security to a problem. Security won't kick someone out as the result of a text message nor will they do so if you came up to them during the match and notified them about someone.

They'd keep an eye on it and if they saw it, then they would act.

Personally, I would like to have cameras. Not to police actions and spend the game scanning rows looking for someone dropping f-bombs.

I do think it would incredibly useful to be able to determine the truth should a situation turn serious.

For example, last year there was a full beer tossed (with lid) from 227. It landed short of the pitch in the first few rows.

If that connected with someone on the temple, personal injury (or worse) could have resulted.

I see nothing wrong with BMO reserving the right to examine tape, to find the person responsible and using it to lay charges and/or remove any future ticket priviledges from that individual(s). I see nothing wrong with the injured party being able to use that tape in a lawsuit against the thrower.

In fact, I wholeheartedly encourage it.

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 08:18 AM
I see where barbarez is coming from, but I think it's a bit extreme.
I don't think you can be kicked out of the stadium just by someone texting in and saying they want you out of there.
I'm sure there is some sort of a watchdog system where if you get texted (tattled) on security will probably scope you out for a bit to see if it were true. if you're in a supporters section and your cursing like a sailor, i don't think you'll be kicked out because 80% of section is doing the same thing anyways.

Again, it's a majority rules situation IMO

Parkdale
03-26-2009, 08:19 AM
my new plates arrived.

did Marc have to give back his high end luxury car when he left his position? Are you driving it now? If not, can I have it?

Parkdale
03-26-2009, 08:21 AM
and does no one see the humour in using the service to request silly things?

"The beer guy hasn't been around lately. Please direct him to 107, row 9 seat 14"

brad
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Personally, I can't wait for this.

"200 Crew fans swearing up a storm. Young children 5 feet away from them offended. Please eject them." :-)

TFC John
03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
It would be fun if they put a live stream of incoming messages up on the scoreboard.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Cameras, ext messages, laser pointers, what the fuck is next 14,000 megapixel cameras like Obamas inauguration? They might wanna see how many fingers I'm using to scratch my ass.

What about outside the stands and around the stadium?

This looks like a cash grab more than anything else. A way to pin point small infractions and fine people.
Personally if this comes into effect I'm gonna use it to call the goons on Parkdale ''Creepy old man hanging out in front of girls bathroom, please eject"
At the end of the day I'm gonna do what I do and if someone kicks me out over some bullshit I'm coming back and burning BMO to the fucking ground. Cuz if I can't watch football nobody can.

Save that last paragraph for the archives. Your crack team of lawyers might need it the morning after the great exhibition fire.

Morning sucks, I'm gonna go grab a coffee.

Fuck Columbus!!! Am I right???

FluSH
03-26-2009, 08:29 AM
my new plates arrived.

Hilarious... :D

Mrs. Workie
03-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Remember when you were little and tattled on someone, and your mom told you it wasn't nice to tattle?

To me, this is just an easy way out. If there's a problem, go find security.

Personally, if someone around me is acting like a tool, I'm going to tell them.

Parkdale
03-26-2009, 08:40 AM

hahaha... I love how I can read any of your posts, and somewhere, just under the surface, is a jab at me.

It keeps me on my toes.

good call on the coffee. I'm running on empty

nobodybeatsthewiz
03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Somehow I don't think they'll just toss someone based on an anonymous text.

i, personally, wouldn't be willing to put my season ticket / welcome to my seat in the south stands on the line to call that bluff.

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi Paul!!

You really know where to spend your extra cash don't you. Does Columbus have this system? Cuz there is more than "pure support" coming this weekend! :)

Kevvv
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
my new plates arrived.

When are you going to contact the Ministry to get the TFC logo on your plate? I have a phone number and email for someone on the inside.

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 08:58 AM
i, personally, wouldn't be willing to put my season ticket / welcome to my seat in the south stands on the line to call that bluff.

Why would you even wanna be put in that situation? We've done fuckall but make BMO the place to be to watch football. Thanks a lot FO. Go fuck yourself!

Jack
03-26-2009, 08:59 AM
I don't see anything wrong with this.

None of us ever do anything wrong in the stadium, anyway. ;)

But on a serious note, they better be really careful about how they implement this.

If you're going to throw someone out on the basis of a text message, you better be damn sure they're doing something wrong.

Torcida
03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Yup. I'm glad someone with sense is posting again.

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
This is kind of disconcerting.

I used to be a proponent of "who cares I'm not doing anything wrong so they can do whatever they want."

But I also subscribe to the adage "innocent until proven guilty".

This does not lend itself to that.

It will just cause further problems.

Jack
03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
You really think they want a stadium of fans sitting quietly?

Come on, man! That's pretty ridiculous.

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 09:12 AM

No because a sold ticket is a sold ticket to them. If they really cared they would take care of the scalpers on their property rather then letting you deal with them!

olegunnar
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
This is not good. If you look at the BMO field rules as posted on the TFC site I'd bet 99.99% of people on gamedays break at least one every game.

For example I've seen soccer moms that let their kids stand on the seats! The horror! I just wish I was able to text security about that unsafe and rule breaking behaviour!

The problem is, it puts security on the spot. Are they going to be willing to "look the other way" if they're texted that something is going on? Like streamers, or swearing, or excited or animated behaviour while having a beer in hand (ie public intoxication for the puritans among us).
They won't be able to look the other way....the alternative "I alerted you to rule breaking and innappropriate behaviour and you did nothing to stop it" (ie you didn't do your job and I the paying customer felt unsafe) is far too dangerous for them to ignore.

Mark in Ottawa
03-26-2009, 09:16 AM
my new plates arrived.

:smilielol5:
You didn't hafta do that.
He really didn't mean it ya know! He justs like to use that word.

TFC RealDeal RPB
What's next no Beer at BMO ? If this happens that will be fuckin shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TFC John
At least it will give us a way to report scalpers.

olegunnar
03-26-2009, 09:17 AM

They want the support to have a volume knob that they can control...if they need to sell the atmosphere...turn it up and bask in Garber's comments or put a banner in the Eaton Centre....if the Alcohiol and gaming commission gets on their case or a bunch of complainers start whining that the loud people are bothering them... turn it down a notch.

It doesn't work that way...and that's why supporters get upset.

Jack
03-26-2009, 09:17 AM
No because a sold ticket is a sold ticket to them. If they really cared they would take care of the scalpers on their property rather then letting you deal with them!
Here's the thing, Barbie. If they don't have the atmosphere and the event of a TFC game (and this includes the support) then a sold ticket will quickly become an unsold ticket. Not right away, but if you kill the atmosphere, you'll eventually kill the cash cow. Turn BMO Field into a morgue and I bet attendance and ticket purchases will drop fast.

Mark in Ottawa
03-26-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't see anything wrong with this.

None of us ever do anything wrong in the stadium, anyway. ;)

But on a serious note, they better be really careful about how they implement this.

If you're going to throw someone out on the basis of a text message, you better be damn sure they're doing something wrong.
Exactly...
a text message is hearsay until they verify if a problem exists.

So lets all relax. Security is not likely to single out one person in a large group exhibiting similiar behaviour unless it is totally "over the top".

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Exactly...

So lets all relax. Security is not likely to single out one person in a large group exhibiting similiar behaviour unless it is totally "over the top".

sure..they are perfect human beings! they never do anything wrong!!
I love my security!

Torcida
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Eventually they do, they are slowly setting up the supporters to becoming the "supporters" they want us to become.

I think the FO is putting the wool over your collective eyes..

Don Julio
There's 2 guys in 111 talking in fake cockney accents and singing Chelsea songs, please slap some sense into them.

jabbronies
Here's the thing, Barbie. If they don't have the atmosphere and the event of a TFC game (and this includes the support) then a sold ticket will quickly become an unsold ticket. Not right away, but if you kill the atmosphere, you'll eventually kill the cash cow. Turn BMO Field into a morgue and I bet attendance and ticket purchases will drop fast.

Kind of like a jays game??

Jack
03-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I love my security!
No one is saying that, Deniz.

Even they know they make mistakes and they admit it.

As far as the text message thing, it just seems like it's not necessary to me. It could lead to more problems than it's worth, I think.

But again, if security is going to throw someone out of the stadium, it better not be on the basis of a text message. (Though the text message may alert them to a situation)

Barbarez
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM

Dude first it was cctv cameras, now tattletale txting whats next? Who wants to put up with this crap?
They use my face to sell their tickets then are willing to kick me out because im not sitting in my seat or im too drunk for the soccer mom behind me. Fuck off FO, make up your mind. Do you want supporters or do you want soccer moms.

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM

Why tempt it though?

You could be playing with fire and they could get burned bad.

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
No one is saying that, Deniz.

Even they know they make mistakes and they admit it.

As far as the text message thing, it just seems like it's not necessary to me. It could lead to more problems than it's worth, I think.

But again, if security is going to throw someone out of the stadium, it better not be on the basis of a text message. (Though the text message may alert them to a situation)

We can do all the wishful talking here.. you know and I know when it comes to game days none of this matters.. they act like they run the place...

How many smoke bombs do you need for columbus?? I am capping it to 30 per group! :P

Another waste of money that could have been spent on a nice John Deere riding mower for the grass pitch...

Mark in Ottawa
03-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I love my security!
No not perfect... but the majority of the security staff (not all) are not out there looking to cause trouble or confrontations.

Most security people I know, and I do know quite a few, must rely on common sense a lot of the time. They try to diffuse difficult situations first instead of just charging in and having the situation escalate on them.
They know that that is in no ones best interest, especially there own.

If they test the system out and find problems with it they can address them. If the system generates useful info for the stadium security crew and/or team they can adjust to make sure that recurrent problems are lessened in number.

Considering that we currently live in a society where we are scutinized a lot of the time by cameras and "eyes in the sky" anyway this kind of system really doesn't worry me.

Jack
We can do all the wishful talking here.. you know and I know when it comes to game days none of this matters.. they act like they run the place...

How many smoke bombs do you need for columbus?? I am capping it to 30 per group! :P

Another waste of money that could have been spent on a nice John Deere riding mower for the grass pitch...

Well, technically, they do run the place :noidea:

PM me about the other question :D

FluSH
here we go, here we go, here we goooooo

Platts
03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Guy in 112 NOT STANDING and BEING QUIET...WILL cause riot unless removed!

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Well, technically, they do run the place :noidea:

PM me about the other question :D

I can't! You dropped my PM limit!! and I don't have $25! :)

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:33 AM
In the past we've seen people who shouldn't have been kicked out, kicked out.

And others who should have been kicked out, not being kicked out.

This will further complicate matters.

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
too many paranoid people....

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Most security people I know, and I do know quite a few, must rely on common sense a lot of the time. They try to diffuse difficult situations first instead of just charging in and having the situation escalate on them.
They know that that is in no ones best interest, especially there own.

Not necessarily the case, I've seen instances where security has come in and created further problems.

If they test the system out and find problems with it they can address them. If the system generates useful info for the stadium security crew and/or team they can adjust to make sure that recurrent problems are lessened in number.

You willing to be the test subject?

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM

They've dealt so well with the scalping issue.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 09:37 AM
In the past we've seen people who shouldn't have been kicked out, kicked out.

And others who should have been kicked out, not being kicked out.

This will further complicate matters.

Let's say you've got someone in 112 waving a big flag, someone complains because it impedes their view of the pitch. They focus the 'cameras' on the situation to see it is indeed happening. Said person gets booted because someone complains.

Seems fair right? That's basically what would have happened to Deniz last year on more than one occasion.

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:37 AM
^^
Exactly.

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 09:39 AM

I am talking based on past experiences buddy.. you got something to say? say it with more than 4 words and back it up!

AL-MO
Lets take a situation from last season.

So are security going to come and possibly throw Zac(from U-Sector) out after receiving repeated texts from the douchebags in row 10 about flying his flag and yelling through the megaphone?

Give me a break. This is an absolute joke. Give people a method to complain and they will, about each and every stupid little thing.

What happened to security actually doing their jobs?

Pookie
Where, in this concept, is there anything different than going up to security now? The ability to complain exists now.

As far as policing ourselves, with the amount of beer thrown last year, we aren't doing a great job.

AL-MO
03-26-2009, 09:40 AM
^^ Shaughno you beat me to it! Same basic situation.

flatpicker
03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Let's say you've got someone in 112 waving a big flag, someone complains because it impedes their view of the pitch. They focus the 'cameras' on the situation to see it is indeed happening. Said person gets booted because someone complains.

Seems fair right? That's basically what would have happened to Deniz last year on more than one occasion.

but isn't that why we have supporters sections?

I believe they officially state on the TFC website that being in a supporter section may mean your view will be obstructed.

Mark in Ottawa
03-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Not necessarily the case, I've seen instances where security has come in and created further problems.
Noted. I did say "not all".
Hey that's a great idea... we can text them that Security staffer "such and such" is an ass and needs more training! :D

You willing to be the test subject?
Sure why not? I don't expect to be doing anything too outrageous.
Of course I would appreciate it if you don't "text" on me until late in the game if at all possible! :cool:

Pookie
03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
^^ Shaughno you beat me to it! Same basic situation.

Flag situation is moot. Flags, banners, megaphones, etc are all allowed in the supporters section.

You aren't going to get booted for bringing in stuff that passes through the "approved" channels.

Now, if you start clubbing guys with your megaphone, I would think that you would get removed. Seems fair?

Whoop
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
but isn't that why we have supporters sections?

I believe they officially state on the TFC website that being in a supporter section may mean your view will be obstructed.

You'd be surprised at the some of the complaints even in 112/113.

Some people don't realize they're in a supporters section.

Oh, right, they got the tickets off scalpers.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Flag situation is moot. Flags, banners, megaphones, etc are all allowed in the supporters section.

You aren't going to get booted for bringing in stuff that passes through the "approved" channels.

Now, if you start clubbing guys with your megaphone, I would think that you would get removed. Seems fair?

You don't get booted, but you get people willing to fight, and have fought, over the same or less situations in previous years. It is a very valid concern.

flatpicker
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
You don't get booted, but you get people willing to fight, and have fought, over the same or less situations in previous years. It is a very valid concern.

then we send a text and have them thrown out for disrupting our supporter atmosphere!

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 09:50 AM
^^ :lol: And then they stop responding to the texts all together! Yayyyyy :lol:

Pookie
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM

True. I get that.

But how does the introduction of a texting service make that problem any different than it is now?

In fact, if the security replies via text "you are in a supporters section, accept it, nothing we can do" doesn't that help?

drewski
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
this is not new guys.

Other teams/sports have been doing this for a while, ie NFL. Since some teams introduced this, like the Jets IIRC, the atmosphere at games hasn't changed much, if any. So y'all are worrying about nothing. If MLSE wanted BMO to be a morgue, they could have used existing fan conduct rules which are in place at all their properties, and have been for years, to do so from Day 1.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 09:53 AM
True. I get that.

But how does the introduction of a texting service make that problem any different than it is now?

In fact, if the security replies via text "you are in a supporters section, accept it, nothing we can do" doesn't that help?

Now it's quite possible you get MORE security coming into the supporters section to 'investigate' text claims.

Maybe it does help, maybe it makes the people take care of the situation themselves, like throwing coins and objects at those people... oh wait, they're already doing that. :lol:

Jack
03-26-2009, 09:53 AM
I can't! You dropped my PM limit!! and I don't have $25! :)
Just delete other PMs so you can send new ones.

And as for the $25, it's only $20 this year :)

GabrielHurl
03-26-2009, 09:55 AM
My 2 cents

This is fucking bullshit

Jack
03-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Lets take a situation from last season.

So are security going to come and possibly throw Zac(from U-Sector) out after receiving repeated texts from the douchebags in row 10 about flying his flag and yelling through the megaphone?

Give me a break. This is an absolute joke. Give people a method to complain and they will, about each and every stupid little thing.

What happened to security actually doing their jobs?

This is a good question.

We could just flood them with texts about how much we love them.

Parkdale
03-26-2009, 10:10 AM
We could just flood them with texts about how much we love them.

again....

"I'll take a large peperoni pizza, hold the anchovies, and two cokes in section 108, row 19, seat 5"

Parkdale
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
or even better...

I'm right behind you - BOOO!

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I need a baseball bat to bash the fuck out of the idiot beside me. STAT!

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I am talking based on past experiences buddy.. you got something to say? say it with more than 4 words and back it up!

Ya I think you're fucking paranoid, you and a few others who freak the fuck out whenever some security at BMO thread opens up.

It's as if you are convinced BMO security is out to get you guys with every move they make.

take a fucking pill for fuck sakes.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Ya I think you're fucking paranoid, you and a few others who freak the fuck out whenever some security at BMO thread opens up.

It's as if you are convinced BMO security is out to get you guys with every move they make.

Not out to get anyone, but they have tossed people for literally no reason before. They have hassled innocent people on many occasions and Deniz has had altercations with them in the past and therefore has every right to be worried about securities policies.

Ask Flush what it feels like to be thrown out for doing nothing wrong.

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM

I am laughing at you :)

You must have a learning disability.. You don't seem to understand the meaning of past experiences.. I am gonna draw pictures brb.

stretchthetruth
03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
anyone who thinks this would be a good idea, or looks forward to being watched in their seats on CCTV needs to understand the nature of 'incrementalism' - today its this, tomorrow its more, and eventually all of your rights are called into question, but hey, you love TFC so you'll show up and deal with it, right?... being conditioned to 'tattle-text' on others is disturbing IMHO. those people who would actually use such a service would have fit in well in East Germany not to long ago... if the problem is that big that you feel the need to alert security, get off your ass and do it...

this situation smacks of last year's cops are good/bad debate in which those people who questioned the actions of the police were ridiculed and told to put on their tin foil hats... only to have suspicions confirmed by a few notable contributers to this forum who were assaulted and ejected without cause... how soon we forget...

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 10:33 AM
if the problem is that big that you feel the need to alert security, get off your ass and do it...

Exactly.

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I am laughing at you :)

You must have a learning disability.. You don't seem to understand the meaning of past experiences.. I am gonna draw pictures brb.

And I'm sure you did absolutly nothing to get thrown out...right.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Again, ask Flush what got him kicked out and whether it was worthy or not.

Jack
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Guys, don't get all worked up and start going back and forth over this.

Let's concentrate on the game on Saturday.

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
why don't you tell me cos I'm sure he's not reading this thread.

Whoop
03-26-2009, 11:03 AM
anyone who thinks this would be a good idea, or looks forward to being watched in their seats on CCTV needs to understand the nature of 'incrementalism' - today its this, tomorrow its more, and eventually all of your rights are called into question, but hey, you love TFC so you'll show up and deal with it, right?... being conditioned to 'tattle-text' on others is disturbing IMHO. those people who would actually use such a service would have fit in well in East Germany not to long ago... if the problem is that big that you feel the need to alert security, get off your ass and do it...

this situation smacks of last year's cops are good/bad debate in which those people who questioned the actions of the police were ridiculed and told to put on their tin foil hats... only to have suspicions confirmed by a few notable contributers to this forum who were assaulted and ejected without cause... how soon we forget...

'incrementalism'

I like that word.

I think that's what most people are getting at.

Today it's this, tomorrow it's something else.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/121/278856024_0a5c74d3f1.jpg?v=0

Whoop
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
jabbronies, Flush won't talk about it but there were several of us there.

Gist of the story - he got thrown out by overzealous security

/end of story

shaggingscot
03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh oh...this isn't good. There are so many scalper tickets around me in 116 I'll be lucky to make the full 90 minutes on April 4th.

I got a talking to from a lady usher because a soccer mum didn't like my telling the opposing keeper that I'd fucked his sister the previous night.

Flipityflu
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
why would anybody be worried about this? if you don't break the rules, its not really an issue is it.

rocker
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
anyone who thinks this would be a good idea, or looks forward to being watched in their seats on CCTV needs to understand the nature of 'incrementalism' - today its this, tomorrow its more, and eventually all of your rights are called into question,

or, in the theory of argumentation, you're promoting what's called the "slippery slope" argument.

Like if women get the right to vote, society will eventually decline ;)
or if gays marry, who knows what's next, we'll allow dogs to marry? ;)

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
why don't you tell me cos I'm sure he's not reading this thread.

look Ravi... stop making a fool of yourself. you are making RPB look bad ;) Stick to webmastering you are doing a good job.. stay out of real supporters problems in the stands.

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
look Ravi... stop making a fool of yourself. you are making RPB look bad ;) Stick to webmastering you are doing a good job.. stay out of real supporters problems in the stands.

HA, that's a good one:rolleyes:

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 11:41 AM
And I'm sure you did absolutly nothing to get thrown out...right.

For the record no I didn't.. I was walking in the southend with my drum and some newbie tells me to go to my seat.. aren't you the administrator I am sure you can find the thread..and flush's thread...

stop judging your own...

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 11:53 AM
For the record no I didn't.. I was walking in the southend with my drum and some newbie tells me to go to my seat.. aren't you the administrator I am sure you can find the thread..and flush's thread...

stop judging your own...

The point I'm making is you guys make such a big deal about these things. As if they are detrimental to the support of your team. You make it seem as though the end of this (http://www.hxcityblues.co.uk/images/gallery/TRUE%20FOOTBALL%20SUPPORTERS!.jpg) is upon us.

Isn't having MLSE own the security team at BMO the first step in stopping whatever the fuck it was that happened to you in the stadium?

Isn't the supporters meeting up with police on a regular basis the start of not having the shit that happened to Flush happen again?

I know the fucking deal. Just because I don't bitch and complain on the internet like a whinny fuck everyday, doesn't mean I don't know what's going on.

Jack
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Ok guys. I think both sides have made their points.

Let's not start a pissing war here. Time to move on.

blackandwhite
03-26-2009, 12:09 PM
The point I'm making is you guys make such a big deal about these things. As if they are detrimental to the support of your team. You make it seem as though the end of this (http://www.hxcityblues.co.uk/images/gallery/TRUE%20FOOTBALL%20SUPPORTERS%21.jpg) is upon us.

Isn't having MLSE own the security team at BMO the first step in stopping whatever the fuck it was that happened to you in the stadium?

Isn't the supporters meeting up with police on a regular basis the start of not having the shit that happened to Flush happen again?

I know the fucking deal. Just because I don't bitch and complain on the internet like a whinny fuck everyday, doesn't mean I don't know what's going on.

I am just putting my opinion you don't have to agree.. neither of us have to be right.. I don't feel comfortable with 20 cops watching us when we are trying to support our team..

they started with few cops in front of 112 in year 1 and it didn't work.. what did they do? increase the number of cops and security.. did it help?? No!

In fact these cops become targets of beer and projectiles themselves.. At least a handful of beer fly into them every game...

Give the SG the control of the tickets and the sections. We'll deal with the people who come to the sections.. At the end of the day it's our game day experience that is being effected.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
I am just putting my opinion you don't have to agree.. neither of us have to be right.. I don't feel comfortable with 20 cops watching us when we are trying to support our team..

they started with few cops in front of 112 in year 1 and it didn't work.. what did they do? increase the number of cops and security.. did it help?? No!

In fact these cops become targets of beer and projectiles themselves.. At least a handful of beer fly into them every game...

Give the SG the control of the tickets and the sections. We'll deal with the people who come to the sections.. At the end of the day it's our game day experience that is being effected.

Oh we can dream.

denime
03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh we can dream.

YES WE CAN :p

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 12:31 PM

I can agree with everything you have said in this post.
The later part about SG ticket control is not going to happen, and if it does, it'll be slow and painful.

Now about this beer throwing thing. Who is throwing the beer?? Is it supporters or scalped ticket patrons. You're saying about 4-5 beers are being thrown and no one is facing the penelty for it...we don't know who these people are?...well I guess the supporters are paying the penelty for it because they are now being watched by cameras and cops.

So, this text tattle thing is a way for those people who don't have the balls to to step up in person and say something to actually do something about it. thus, there is no reason for all the cops or the cams....no?

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 12:35 PM
. thus, there is no reason for all the cops or the cams....no?

No, because it's supposed to be used in conjunction with the texting. At least that's how it works everywhere else. You text where the problem is, the cameras focus in on it.

Do you really think this will reduce the amount of police in the supporter sections, or stadium in general? I highly doubt it.

Heathen
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
By the time my sausage fingers managed to send the text the game would be long over and the stadium empty

Not that I ever would grass

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
http://myspace-327.vo.llnwd.net/00860/72/36/860436327_l.gif

Boudge
03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Imagine! Somebody tried to kick me out for swearing!!!

bahaha

Flipityflu
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM

there is no way in hell that i would accept any SG having control over seating. and there is definately no way in hell i would accept having an SG controlling security for sections.

the only people who should be remotely bothered by this is those who break the rules. i have to assume that its nobody here, so why the fuss?

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
there is no way in hell that i would accept any SG having control over seating. and there is definately no way in hell i would accept having an SG controlling security for sections.

the only people who should be remotely bothered by this is those who break the rules. i have to assume that its nobody here, so why the fuss?

Just curious, but why? It works perfectly well in other places.

Have you ever stood on your seat? Swore out loud? Throw a streamer towards the pitch?

Those are all breaking the rules. ;)

Whoop
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM

Oy vey... :rolleyes:

Whoop
03-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought the handling of tickets in the south end for the Canada-Jamaica game went rather well.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM

Whats wrong with you?!??! That's the WHOLE POINT of a fucking SG. Jesus Allah Buddah Krishna where do you people come from. Look at D.C. hell look at EVERY OTHER PROPER SUPORTERS GROUP IN THE WORLD!!!

I can't beleive you exist man seriously.

1 City
1 Team
1 SG

Until then your nightmare will never become a reality. But once it does, have fun in 109 chilling with Granpa Joe.

AL-MO
03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Some of the users on this board have to walk in a day in some of the other supporter's shoes have been kicked out by security or assaulted by Cops for no reason.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
sorry I just can't get over the Fliplty Flu douche. It's spineless conformist people like you that are destroying society. Look in the mirror dude. YEAH! See that conformist jelyfish. Thats you!

See that pressed button up, the perfect crease in the khakis, your boss's cell phone number programed in your speed dial. Thats you pal. It's all you.

Jesus Christ

Jesus fucking Christ Someone Ban this guy please before his attitude spreads like a disease accross the board.

Flipityflu
03-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Just curious, but why? It works perfectly well in other places.

Have you ever stood on your seat? Swore out loud? Throw a streamer towards the pitch?

Those are all breaking the rules. ;)

because its our job to show up, support the team, and sing, and not to be ticket managers or security personal.

i don't officially belong to any SG, so where would that leave me? would i have to kiss ass to get to keep my seats if its deemed that i belong to a section that is SG controlled? not a chance.

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 01:03 PM
:lol: Kdot, you work everything out for Cowtown?

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah I'm on board man. On board.

FLipFlop you don't belong to a SG fine dude, you don't have to sit in that section. You can go sit with the 109'ers and such. They don't belong either.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
go fuck yourself cunt.

I teach the truth to the youth!:D

jabbronies
Whats wrong with you?!??! That's the WHOLE POINT of a fucking SG. Jesus Allah Buddah Krishna where do you people come from. Look at D.C. hell look at EVERY OTHER PROPER SUPORTERS GROUP IN THE WORLD!!!

I can't beleive you exist man seriously.

1 City
1 Team
1 SG

Until then your nightmare will never become a reality. But once it does, have fun in 109 chilling with Granpa Joe.

we're not 1 SG.....we're 5 SG's...or is it 6??

Shaughno
because its our job to show up, support the team, and sing, and not to be ticket managers or security personal.

i don't officially belong to any SG, so where would that leave me? would i have to kiss ass to get to keep my seats if its deemed that i belong to a section that is SG controlled? not a chance.

Wow, settle down cheesechops. The only thing that would change is that if you happened to be in one of those sections, if you did something stupid like toss a beer or try to start a fight, is you would get escorted out by the supporter in charge (Jack) instead of getting arrested by the police. Nobody is saying this would force all non members out of the section.

I for one, am much more trusting of my peers then I am of some guy working security who doesn't give a fuck if I'm lying or not about what happened.

Arnie Knows
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
The team and FO will do whatever they want .. come on now ..
if u want to buy a ticket deal with there wayszz .. Lets face it some security guards are shuffling 48 cards in there deck .. They will fuck up and make mistakes ... FO will back them up and some innocent will suffer sometimes.. But some guilty will get there's

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I know man. Read the post again I said UNTIL we become 1 SG and show a united front there is no way the FO will take us seriously. No Way.

If I were the FO I wouldn't.

Whoop
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
go fuck yourself cunt.

Maybe I should text security on account of FlipityFlu's insult of KDot.

I mean it is against the board's rules.

FluSH
03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Say It Loud
Say It Clear
To_ro_no FC Will_be
Champs This Year!

Detroit_TFC
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
my new plates arrived.

Paul, you've cheated some (many?) deserving refs from their rightful identification. :D

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
They can Run on For a Long Time
Run on For a long time
run on For a Long time

sooner or later gonna cut you down
sooner or later gonna cut you down!!!

Whoop
03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
We see you run
See you run
See you to try hide
We’re know you’re scared
Know we're watching
We’re a thorn in your side
Don't you fret
You can bet that we're coming for you.
T.O. has scored,
We have scored
Now we’re gunning for you!

Don’t try to r-r-r-r-u-u-u-u-u-n-n-n-n
Don’t try to h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-i-d-e
The jig is u-u-u-u-u-u-u-p

We’re gonna win,
Gonna win
Now we`re gunning for you!

mlsintoronto
03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Paul, you've cheated some (many?) deserving refs from their rightful identification. :D

oooo you're right. i'll give it back.:cool:

FluSH
03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Capo:

Do You cry in your sleep?
Are your failings expose?
Got a taste in your mouth
As desperation takes Hold

Everyone:

The Reeeeeeds; The reds will tear you apart... AGAIN!

H Bomb
03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
sorry It's spineless conformist people like you that are destroying society. Look in the mirror dude. YEAH! See that conformist jelyfish. Thats you!

Hey man, this is kinda off topic, and i dont want to single you out. but you are the angry at everyone, hate any authority regardless of context, dog eat dog, hard done by guy. In today's world, that makes you the conformist. You're the norm now, open your oppressed eyes my friend. :canada:

H Bomb
03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Capo:

Do You cry in your sleep?
Are your failings expose?
Got a taste in your mouth
As desperation takes Hold

Everyone:

CAPO!?!?!?!?! Fuck that shit! :rolleyes::D

Shaughno
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey man, this is kinda off topic, and i dont want to single you out. but you are the angry at everyone, hate any authority regardless of context, dog eat dog, hard done by guy. In today's world, that makes you the conformist. You're the norm now, open your oppressed eyes my friend. :canada:

I'd hardly say that's the majority of people these days. In fact, I don't know a single other person who thinks like Kdot does. So he's anything but conformist. ;)

H Bomb
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
i hear ya, but i disagree completely.

I will agree he's louder than most....:D

But I like KDot, so I'm not gonna tempt fate here...last word on it.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
C'mon Homie Bomb that would have made me a conformist in the 90's dude not in the New 80's aka 2000's.

oh and since it's been a couple of posts without it..Parkdale sucks as much as text snitching.

H Bomb
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
hey man, playing with this thread is like fire for me....I'm not getting involved....I'm leaving for Columbus in 16 hours and will need my good mood. No offense meant of course.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
I'll see you down there big homie. You know what it is.

Dave67
03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
C'mon Homie Bomb that would have made me a conformist in the 90's dude not in the New 80's aka 2000's.

oh and since it's been a couple of posts without it..Parkdale sucks as much as text snitching.

So you would not draw the line anywhere on texting? Just curious, here are two things that have happened near me, 1 at BMO and 1 at Ralph Wilson stadium. Before you answer keep the following in mind, if you try and deal with either of these situations physically security is tossing you and the lunatic out, you may lose your seats forever.

1. BMO field, crazy guy makes it up to his seats with an entire brown paper roll from the bathroom paper dispenser. Must weigh what , 4 or 5 pounds. He is drunk, stoned or stupid and plans on throwing it like a streamer. Even after he is warned he could break someones neck. In the end one of the 110 regulars had to sort this nut out.

2. Ralph Wilson Stadium. Falling down drunk guy decides to urinate in front of his seat creating a nice waterfall efffect for the people below.

You want to risk losing your seats for life and deal with these guys directly or send a text to security?

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 01:55 PM
why wopuld you lose your seats forever?

You questions make no sense as you yourself stated the following and I quote

1. BMO field, crazy guy makes it up to his seats with an entire brown paper roll from the bathroom paper dispenser. Must weigh what , 4 or 5 pounds. He is drunk, stoned or stupid and plans on throwing it like a streamer. Even after he is warned he could break someones neck. In the end one of the 110 regulars had to sort this nut out.

I'm assuimg the regular was back next week.

Dave67
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM
why wopuld you lose your seats forever?

You questions make no sense as you yourself stated the following and I quote

I'm assuimg the regular was back next week.

I am assuming it leads to a physical fight. In the first case that was ready to happen. The regular had sense to invite the lunatic out to the parking lot so BMO security could not go after him for fighting inside the stadium. Also the fight never happened, the lunatic ended up backing down.

So I guess what I am asking you is this. Without bringing in security how would you deal with either of these cases? If you fight you know you are gone. Or are you ok with both of these things happening next to you, do you see them both as no big deal?

Just asking.

KdotOdot
03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
You can always explin to the person that their brand of shit is not welcome. I'm sure EVERYONE around you would assist in showing this person the error of their ways in a non violent manner.

In my experience it's the Security that initiates the violence before the supporters do.

Dave67
03-26-2009, 02:20 PM
lol - If you can explain to a drunk guy that urinating in front of his seat is not welcome without someone throwing a punch then you belong in crisis negotiations :)

stretchthetruth
03-26-2009, 02:46 PM
or, in the theory of argumentation, you're promoting what's called the "slippery slope" argument.

Like if women get the right to vote, society will eventually decline ;)
or if gays marry, who knows what's next, we'll allow dogs to marry? ;)

i understand what youre saying, but the difference is, you're talking about granting people rights, and i'm talking about infringing on people's rights... we might be on opposite sides of the spectrum here... also, there is no historical context that would support the notion that society would fail if women got the vote, or if gays married, then we'd allow dogs to marry. however, there are historical contexts that support the notion that by incrementally infringing on each others rights, we'll be starting down a dangerous path...

my original point was, if the problem is serious, alert security in person... i'm sure this is something we're just going to disagree about anyway.

Columbus sucks hairy monkey balls. I know we agree on that. See you guys in Ohio...

RealG-TFC
03-26-2009, 03:14 PM
This is stupid.

Kooper
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
been confirmed...it is coming to BMO

I can see the texts from Crew Stadium.
TFC Fans across the stadium are making us look bad. Ask them to sit down or leave.

MrHawk
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Why wouldn't they want a SG to have control of a section? This just means no casuals, and only true supporters can be in that area.

Go to ANY stadium in Europe and see what happens when someone tries to ruin their section by throwing stuff at other people, or does something stupid. Hell in some stadiums, you are not even allowed in there unless you are invited.

You put someone who threw a beer at BMO into that section and it hits someone??? Ya, not really tolerated by any means.

Inklink
03-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Good. There's a difference between being a loud, supportive fan, and being a total a-hole. The A-holes need to be removed as fast as possible, and if this is the way to do it, well then go ahead :).

werewolf
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
ESPN column (satirical) regarding the matter and its growth -

Is there a drunk slob in the row behind you? Flapping his Raiders flag into your cranium over and over? Smelling like he bathes in Jack Daniel's and cursing more than Amy Winehouse?
Then you're in luck!
Thanks to tattletexting, you can have this moron removed by security in minutes. Even better, he won't be waiting for you in the parking lot afterward to turn you into a collection of lumps.
Some people call it the rat line. Some call it text-narcing. I call it progress. It's being offered at many of this week's NCAA Tournament games, at 29 of 32 NFL stadiums (Cincinnati's is 513-381-JERK) and at dozens of MLB, NBA and NHL venues. Any fan can anonymously snitch out the overserved idiot who won't stop offering to fight Roy Williams at 120 decibels and pouring his Coke down your neck. You don't have to sit and take it anymore!

Call it text-narcing. I call it progress.
It's working, too. These are actual texts from games this year, collected by In Stadium Solutions, one of the leaders in this new industry:
Lady in turquoise tank is flipping people off and cursing sec 235 row 14.
Section 446 Guy is trying to fight everyone -- send someone to remove him please.
This is ridiculous. We are being spit on from the 254 section.
Drunk guy passed out in my seat & can't wake him up sec 442.
Guy in black jacket is exposing himself to people. Section 408 row 4 seat 7. He has spikey hair.
On his head, we presume.
"Only about 5% of the texts we get are pranks," says Scott Meyers of ISS.
A few:
Please fire coach! And the players too!
What kinda call was that. My kid could see that coming.
Fans not cheering loud enough in sec 203.
"The vast majority," Meyers says, "deal with unruly fans, a problem with seats or even medical emergencies."
Passed out from heat, please send paramedics sec 424 row 36 seat 8.
I think someone is having a heart attack; please send help now sec 446 top row.
Little boy sec 230 rw 17 seat 9 vomited in row. Can we get a clean up possibly? So no more ppl vomit?
Isn't sports fun?
Okay, so maybe you're thinking: This is just more Big Brother in our lives, the further creation of the surveillance state. But fans aren't getting thrown out without proof. At many stadiums, when a text comes in to security, a closed-circuit camera is put on the very seat in question to see what the problem is. If the guy in the Abominable Snowman costume really is clubbing people with his Styrofoam head, somebody will be there pronto.
ISS even did a Madonna concert recently.
Middle-aged woman acting very lewd and walking around only in her bra. Oh, wait, it's Madonna.
(Okay, so I made that one up.)
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell loves tattletexting. Last season, 3,807 texts were sent, including these from the Super Bowl:
After being worned [sic], he continues to swear. Thanks for your help.
Huge guy, refuses to sit down, drinking too much, everyone yelling at him.
[Man is] very rude, vulgar, using profane language, smoking cigar.
And in minutes, Al Davis was outta there.
Besides, it's not just for narcing on your fellow fan. It's for every kind of problem. GuestAssist, out of Houston, says it has received these:
I've driven 4 hours and I've left my tickets behind. Can you help? (They met him at the gate with new tickets.)
There's a Phillies game across the street, can you put the score up please? (They did.)
We're stuck in an elevator! (They got them out.)
Then again, they've also gotten:
Idiot with large foam hat. Can't see field.
My only problem with this textual revolution is that it doesn't go far enough. I'd like to see players and coaches use it.
Wide receiver keeps calling me names. And I'm the coach.
Two big guys in bthrm stall, making everybody wait, while they inject each other.
Omg … Big guy, no teeth, says he's going to pull my pancreas out through my nostrils. Number 77. Red Wings jersey.
Drunk guy asleep in the dugout. Can't wake him. And he's up next!

Stryker
03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
So people who throw cups of beer at players can be identified and their season tickets revoked?
Sweet.

AL-MO
03-27-2009, 05:46 PM
So people who throw cups of beer at players can be identified and their season tickets revoked?
Sweet.

Do you have seasons?

Stryker
03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Do you have seasons?
Only in my dreams.

Cashcleaner
03-27-2009, 06:16 PM
ESPN column (satirical) regarding the matter and its growth -

LOL! Funny stuff. Thanks, Werewolf.

Big Bruva
03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
lol interesting, im sure if my girlfriend calls the police right now and says i slapped her in the face they will come and arrest me even if we both know i didn't touch her.

Exactly...

Cashcleaner
03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
^ True...but remember, we're not talking about what's happening in a household between two people. It's all out in the open during a game with thousands of onlookers so I think (and I'm hoping) security won't just throw someone out based only on a text message.

Look, I've tried to stay out of this thread because there are strong opinions on both sides. Personally, I don't like the idea of increased security when it doesn't look like there are many problems to begin with at BMO Field. On the flip side, you're always gonna get one or two stupid people doing something dangerous or just plain ignorant toward those around them. I don't see there being any problems in the Supporters Sections with the new service, though I think it might be used in sections where there are more casual fans with families and whatnot.

I mean, getting showered in beer and having obscenities screamed in your two ears over the course of 90 minutes is just par for the course in the South End.

Oblio2
03-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Entire South End are swearing and making rude noises, please remove

-Landon Donovan

*response

Fuck off

greatwhitenorf
03-28-2009, 11:31 PM
George Orwell would have loved this 'tattletexting', but he might have been even fonder of what Ar5ena1 are doing to INCREASE fan noise at their stadium. They've got a deal goiing with Sony to stream instant video replays to fans in the seats with either portable PlayStation or mobile phone links.

Although they've got their heads buried watching the little gadgets and aren't making the least effort to sing or cheer, apparently the sound of their thumbs clacking away on the keys has tripled the normal sound levels heard at Ar5ena1 games.

J .
03-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Great fucking idea. Let little bitches who have no balls rat out other people. Great. A bunch of fucking nerds who are chicken shits get to live their dream of kicking people out and feeling powerful behind a screen. Something like some people on these boards.

If your going to get someone booted you should have the balls to face them.

Rat bitches. If I saw someone beside me do that, they would be in trouble.

Rat Patch Boys here we come.

Inswingingwingman
03-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Gee if they could get the soccer moms all in one section without the kids. Hmmm. Maybe they'd let me organize that section. Men are so tame compared to Women, I was actually only scared in crowds when we were sent out to ensure there was no overcrowding when the Chippendales were in town. Talk about crazy! I was less scared at HA afterhours bars we cleared. So if you ever organize a SM section (damn that's funny), I am willing to take one for the team and start up an run that group.

Pre game festivities at Braless Joe's, baby t give aways, tfc colour matched lipstick from L'oreal, matching hair dye from Miss Clairol, Soccer mom of the match awards, a calendar with soccer moms posing in nothing but a wee bit of kit..the possibilities are endless.

sidvan
03-29-2009, 07:40 AM
my new plates arrived.

Where is the TFC logo? The leafs and raptors have them.