PDA

View Full Version : Blanco Says 2009 to be Final Season in Chicago

Chevy
03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Interesting comments from Blanco. Looks like he's not happy, which is just fine with me. :mad:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/wires/03/25/2080.ap.soc.fire.blanco.0412/index.html?eref=si_soccer

Marco2K
03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
How about Mo makes a call to see if he would like to join TFC. He is awesome and would be sick with VITTI and Dero.

How about Ricketts and Barret for The rights to BLANCO ASAP!!

ginkster88
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm sure Chicago is just dying to get Barrett back...

giambac
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Interesting comments from Blanco. Looks like he's not happy, which is just fine with me. :mad:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/wires/03/25/2080.ap.soc.fire.blanco.0412/index.html?eref=si_soccer

i'd take him in a heart beat for our team.

only problem is if his hot temper and ego can co-exist with the likes of guevera

Chevy
03-25-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm thinking if he stays in MLS - LA or Chivas in 2009.

bignickel
03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
well he did say he wants more midfielders and less defence which describes us perfectly, not to mention the great celebration he from us after his goal at the all-star game. we might be a good fit.

i have to say, i would also agree with the barrett and ricketts for blanco trade.

he is old but for a year or two he would make a big difference for us.

Keyman
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd like to see how he performs this season before I say I'd be interested. Also, I'd like to know what kind of salary he'd demand.

bignickel
03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd like to see how he performs this season before I say I'd be interested. Also, I'd like to know what kind of salary he'd demand.

let me put this out to you then:

1. he is going to be a dp, obviously he will command over $400,000 (assuming we have the space) so anything over 400k doesn't make a difference.

2. chicago is calling mo right now and asking for barrett and ricketts tomorrow.

do you make this trade? without having the luxury of watching him all season of course.

me, i make the trade, this guy will be a game breaker.

ensco
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Pass.

It's a non-starter for TFC.

The only DP that could ever make sense in this market is one who helps TV ratings. Blanco is unknown to the Toronto audience. Be honest, did you know who Blanco was in 2006?

Now Pippo Inzaghi, that would be different.....

bignickel
03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Pass.

The only DP that could ever make sense in this market is one who helps TV ratings.

How many people even on this board knew Blanco's name before he signed with the Fire?

i would think that most knew his name before signing with the fire. i mean our national team has faced this guy for years.

now asking them to spell his first name....

bignickel
03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Pass.

The only DP that could ever make sense in this market is one who helps TV ratings. Blanco is unknown to the Toronto audience. Be honest, did you know who Blanco was in 2006?

o.k you might of had me with blanco not helping t.v. ratings but then you try to support point by bringing up pippo inzaghi!?!?

we would spend too much time educating 75% of the italian community on who the guy is!

Chevy
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Sure give them Barrett and Ricketts, then Chicago will go out and sign another DP in the summer and win the cup.

ensco
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
we would spend too much time educating 75% of the italian community on who the guy is!

you seriously telling me that 75% of Italian football fans need to be told who Super Pippo is?

Super Cereal
03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Too old. He's got the talent, but our midfield is already relatively old, I'd rather not trade for him.

ensco
03-25-2009, 08:09 PM
i would think that most knew his name before signing with the fire. i mean our national team has faced this guy for years.

now asking them to spell his first name....

OK I'm speaking only for myself and the group I watch football with, but pre TFC, the Canadian national team games were too infrequent to stay on top of who the players for the opposition were, unless they played in Europe (like Marquez). I did not know Blanco.

In support of this, I would point out that almost no one on these boards knew who Amado Guevara was when his name first surfaced in 2007, despite the fact that he has been a Honduran starter since 1994.

bignickel
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
OK I'm speaking only for myself and the group I watch football with, but pre TFC, the Canadian national team games were too infrequent to stay on top of who the players for the opposition were, unless they played in Europe (like Marquez). I did not know Blanco.

In support of this, I would point out that almost no one on these boards knew who Amado Guevara was when his name first surfaced in 2007, despite the fact that he has been a Honduran starter since 1994.

comparing guevara to blanco is not realistic.

if you didn't know who blanco was then you and your crew don't watch much world cup, let me refresh:

blanco was 'the guy' for mexico in the 1998 and 2002 world cups coming up with sick moves in almost every game they played. his jumping through 2 defenders while squeezing the ball between his feet became one of the top 5 plays of the 1998 world cup and mimicked by kids worldwide.

i am not a blanco lover, but only 8 months ago i was sitting at an allstar game at bmo field against a stacked premier league team and this guy named 'blanco' won the mvp.

ensco
03-25-2009, 08:32 PM

if you didn't know who blanco was then you and your crew don't watch much world cup, let me refresh:

blanco was 'the guy' for mexico in the 1998 and 2002 world cups coming up with sick moves in almost every game they played. his jumping through 2 defenders while squeezing the ball between his feet became one of the top 5 plays of the 1998 world cup and mimicked by kids worldwide.

i am not a blanco lover, but only 8 months ago i was sitting at an allstar game at bmo field against a stacked premier league team and this guy named 'blanco' won the mvp.

I watched a lot of World Cup games. There are a lot of players who you remember three months after the event, not three years after.

The ASG comment means nothing - there are lots of fabulous footballers, who would be stars in MLS, that you and I have barely, or never, heard of.

You knew who he was. I got it. Let's agree to disagree.

bignickel
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I watched a lot of World Cup games. There are a lot of players who you remember three months after the event, not three years after.

The ASG comment means nothing - there are lots of fabulous footballers, who would be stars in MLS, that you and I have barely, or never, heard of.

You knew who he was. I got it. Let's agree to disagree.

actually my argument was against your comment that most of the toronto audience didn't know who blanco was before 2006.

i apologize, i thought you were referring to people who actually follow the game.

but sure, i will disagree to agree!

s2cazz
03-25-2009, 08:58 PM
you seriously telling me that 75% of Italian football fans need to be told who Super Pippo is?
I would say 99.99999% of Italian football fans would know who inzaghi is... and I would say that 45% of Italian fans in Canada would have a picture of him on the azzurri squad hanging in their house beside the 2006 squad picture and probably on the wall above either a Virgin mary Statue or a Padre Pio statue or quite possibly both... :hump:

bignickel
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I would say 99.99999% of Italian football fans would know who inzaghi is... and I would say that 45% of Italian fans in Canada would have a picture of him on the azzurri squad hanging in their house beside the 2006 squad picture and probably on the wall above either a Virgin mary Statue or a Padre Pio statue or quite possibly both... :hump:

45% of italians? you mean more like 95% of italian fans. the only problem is that 80% of them couldn't name even 5 guys by looking at the photo.

Shakes McQueen
03-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't sign Blanco, unless he came on a free transfer, and we had cap space lying around anyway. I absolutely would not trade away assets like Barrett and Ricketts.

With Ricketts gone, we would only have one real winger left (Jo. Smith). And trading away a young project with potential like Barrett, for a decently talented old fart in the sunset of his career like Blanco, would be wrong.

Blanco and Vitti would probably be dynamite, but committing another $400K of cap space to a position we are already strong and deep in, is folly. We can't afford to throw money at players it would be nice to have, but we really don't need.

If we had no cap, sure see if Blanco wants to play out the year here. It's just money, at that point. But that's not the reality.

On a side note, I really feel sometimes like Ricketts doesn't get the respect he deserves here. Even on that guy's worst game, he's still probably worth his weight in gold to the team's chemistry.

- Scott

Pachuco
03-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I would take Blanco in a second for Barrett and Ricketts. Oh and Ensco, are you for real? you didn't know who Blanco was in 2006? I can guarantee you there are a ton of people in Canada who don't follow the MLS and they know exactly who Blanco is. We have a pretty big Mexican community

Suljazz
03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Inzaghi = GARBAGE

Diabl0
03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I would venture to say that many South Americans are familiar with Blanco considering his participation in Copa Libertadores and the 1999 Confederations Cup final against Brazil.

I would certainly be interested in Blanco playing for TFC but at this stage of his career, the chances are that he would become an expensive substitute player for a year or maybe two at most. I don't think it would make sense to do so.

Keyman
03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
let me put this out to you then:

1. he is going to be a dp, obviously he will command over $400,000 (assuming we have the space) so anything over 400k doesn't make a difference.

2. chicago is calling mo right now and asking for barrett and ricketts tomorrow.

do you make this trade? without having the luxury of watching him all season of course.

me, i make the trade, this guy will be a game breaker.

No, I wouldn't make that trade. Two players who have not reached their potential, and could be game breakers this season. For a player who is on the downward slope of his career, and could be gone at the end of the season anyway.

I only sign Blanco if he shows consistency this season, and does not demand a DP salary.

bignickel
03-26-2009, 12:13 AM
No, I wouldn't make that trade. Two players who have not reached their potential, and could be game breakers this season. For a player who is on the downward slope of his career, and could be gone at the end of the season anyway.

I only sign Blanco if he shows consistency this season, and does not demand a DP salary.

fair enough, although i would say even though rohan is young i still think he was most promising at a much younger age. he will contribute but don't expect a big upswing.

barrett could still progress but i am still not seeing that sniper instinct. hard worker no doubt.

i don't doubt blanco will be consistent, he has been consistent every year his whole career. he already has 1 goal in 11 minutes of playing time.

still a tough call though.

Calvin
03-26-2009, 12:19 AM
i have to say, i would also agree with the barrett and ricketts for blanco trade.

yeah thats what we need more strikers and less defenders!

bignickel
03-26-2009, 12:22 AM
yeah thats what we need more strikers and less defenders!

oh shit i forgot, ricketts and barrett are rocks on our back line !?!?
this is the point where the thread starts spiralling into nonsense. mods please close

Shakes McQueen
03-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Blanco is old. Even if he came here, all indications are that he is going back to Mexico after this season.

Giving up two young potential game-breakers, to get Blanco for the balance of the season, isn't prudent planning in my books.

Now, if it was a 30-something center-back with Blanco's level of talent, I'd be open to discussing it. But striker is not a position we appear to need help in, or need to invest more of our salary cap in. Our club's weakness is not up front.

- Scott

Azerban
03-26-2009, 06:10 AM
ifN1wHjcT7E

Ossington Mental Youth
03-26-2009, 06:47 AM
id pass our midfield is fine, id rather see some youth/money/people injected into our defense for some depth, id love a dp CB

ensco
03-26-2009, 06:50 AM
I would take Blanco in a second for Barrett and Ricketts. Oh and Ensco, are you for real? you didn't know who Blanco was in 2006? I can guarantee you there are a ton of people in Canada who don't follow the MLS and they know exactly who Blanco is. We have a pretty big Mexican community

Pachuco, I know the hispanic community is one of the fastest growing in Canada, and we're getting a lot of Mexican immigration right now, which by the way I'm a huge personal supporter of, but truly, in terms of absolute size, "tons" is way overdoing it .....

http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/demo26a-eng.htm

I'll stand by this statement: 99.99% of Canadians didn't know whow Blanco was in 2006, 98% still don't, and 2/3 of Canadians who follow football did not really know exactly who Blanco was when he signed with the Fire.

I'm sure "tons" of people on this board did know him, even if I didn't.

Marco2K
03-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Blanco would look sweet in our RED jerseys.

Anyone who says they would not trade Barret and Ricketts for him is just crzy/

The fire would never make that move, To bad.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Blanco is going to be 37 next year!! No thanks...

I don't want a 37yr old DP....

Yohan
03-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Blanco is also lazy when it comes to defence.

Remind you of certain Laurent Robert?

tfcleeds
03-26-2009, 09:02 AM

Hmmmm....Not sure West Ham qualifies as what I would consider a "stacked" team to normally be...;)

Besides, they were playing quite a few youngsters in that game...it was after all, a preseason friendly for them.

Pachuco
03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Hmmmm....Not sure West Ham qualifies as what I would consider a "stacked" team to normally be...;)

Besides, they were playing quite a few youngsters in that game...it was after all, a preseason friendly for them.

It's got nothing to do with that. He was playing with the likes of Beckham, Dero, Kenny Cooper and many others. Who got the MVP? HE DID!!!

Pachuco
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Blanco is old. Even if he came here, all indications are that he is going back to Mexico after this season.

Giving up two young potential game-breakers, to get Blanco for the balance of the season, isn't prudent planning in my books.

Now, if it was a 30-something center-back with Blanco's level of talent, I'd be open to discussing it. But striker is not a position we appear to need help in, or need to invest more of our salary cap in. Our club's weakness is not up front.

- Scott

Actually based on last game it is, all 3 goals came from midfielders and a defender ;)

Anyhow, I think Ricketts and Barrett are actually old in my book. They are not these young kids who have potential. What you see is what you get. And personally, while I like both of them, I don't rate them even close to Blanco's skill. They are both easily replacable in this league if you ask me. But that's just my opinion and I know alot of people will disagree.

jabbronies
03-26-2009, 09:15 AM
I dont get what this love on for a 37year old who is about to retire is all about....

You guys are willing to give up two players who are under 25 and still have at least 4 years left in them with TFC for a guy who is about 1-2 years away from retiring???

Do you honestly thing that Blanco is the be all and end all of our teams problems? Do you think that in 1-2 years he will bring us the MLS Cup like he did with Chicago?? oh yea that's right he wasn't a one man team over there either...

Jack
03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Blanco is a great player, no question. I would have taken him when he signed for Chicago. But now we've got DeRo and Guevara and Cuau isn't getting any younger.

That, plus I don't think he'd come here even if we wanted him.

tfcleeds
03-26-2009, 09:27 AM
It's got nothing to do with that. He was playing with the likes of Beckham, Dero, Kenny Cooper and many others. Who got the MVP? HE DID!!!

I wasn't really making a comment about Blanco at all. Everyone knows he is one of the premier players in this league, and everyone who's watched any recent World Cups knows what he is capable of. Not that I would want him as our DP though, especially at his age.

I just got a little chuckle out of the reference to West Ham as a stacked team...

bignickel
03-26-2009, 10:48 AM

actually, they played with pretty close to all their starters, and any younsters would have been playing balls out for a roster spot.

they are 8th in the premier right now so lets not discount them a strong team.

ensco
03-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Here's their "star studded" lineup from that game. Their two recognisable names, Bellamy and Dyer, sat (it'd be three if you include Ljungberg, who was there when West Ham was picked to come to BMO):

Robert Green, Lucas Neill, Calum Davenport, Anton Ferdinand, Joe Widdowson, Julien Faubert (Junior Stanislas 75), Hayden Mullins (Jack Collison 65), Scott Parker, Matthew Etherington (Luis Boa Morte 46), Dean Ashton (Kyel Reid 80), Carlton Cole (Tony Stokes 91+).

Wow, I still can't believe we got to see all those greats play. It still gives me goosebumps.

Jack
03-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Who cares?

The argument that Blanco is one of the best players in MLS cannot be refuted!

Why are you arguing about something that has no bearing on the thread?

ensco
03-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Who cares?

Blanco's a great player, he's never coming here, I got it.

But I'm still annoyed about us getting West Ham last year! We got hosed there!

OK I'm better now :)

bignickel
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Who cares?

because his argument of most people on this board not knowing blanco before 2006 was weak.

west ham being a strong side or not, blanco still outclassed every player on their side.

hell he even played better than de rosario who he probably didn't know until 2007.

Jack
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
because his argument of most people on this board not knowing blanco before 2006 was weak.

west ham being a strong side or not, blanco still outclassed every player on their side.

hell he even played better than de rosario who he probably didn't know until 2007.
Yeah...I understand.

I've been watching Blanco for years (I lived in Mexico from 98-06 with a brief return to Canada in the middle) so I know all about how good the hunchback bastard is :D

Whoop
03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
If you follow football you know who Blanco was before he joined Chicago.

Actually I would argue that those who follow the game globally know more about Blanco than Pippo Inzaghi.

bignickel
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah...I understand.

I've been watching Blanco for years (I lived in Mexico from 98-06 with a brief return to Canada in the middle) so I know all about how good the hunchback bastard is :D

good years to live in mexico as a soccer fan. very colourful national side in those years, they could beat the best if they were having a good day.

giambac
03-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Pass.

YES!

rocker
03-26-2009, 03:49 PM
it's interesting how the DPs in this league have had quite a range in appearance, from pretty boy (Beckham) to ugly fucker (Blanco).

torontocelt
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Inzaghi = GARBAGE

Inzaghi must be rubbish, look at his stats verging on a goal every 2- 3 games at the highest level in Serie A for 16 years. He managed to do this in a league which is arguably one of the most difficult to score in due to the high calibre of its defenders. On top of that he has 57 caps for Italy whilst competing with an amazing amount of talent over the years for a starting spot and he has even scored 25 goals in the process. Lets also put his two champions league medals, two super cup medals, one FIFA world club cup medal and one world cup winning medal down to a fluke as well. He is also the second ever top scorer in the in Eurpean football (63 goeals or so), lagging only behind Raul.

I have heard some rubbish from people before but anyone who thinks Inzagi is garbage doesn't know what he is talking about.

Jack
03-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Well said, Torontocelt, well said!

bhoybobby
03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Ricketts & Barrett while decent players, couldn't lace Blanco's boots, that guy is a talent. That goal he scored in the MLS all star game was pure class.

He's old, but he's gold, He's got maybe two years of MLS left in him, he's be nice to have.

bhoybobby
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
P.S. If you didn't know who Blanco was, you've lived a sheltered footie life. He was a staple at the highest level for his country for years & performed very well in WC.

U very ugly class act, would be our top game breaker today, no contest.

Jack
03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
P.S. If you didn't know who Blanco was, you've lived a sheltered footie life. He was a staple at the highest level for his country for years & performed very well in WC.

U very ugly class act, would be our top game breaker today, no contest.
Class act in terms of skill?

Because a class act off the pitch, he is not!

bignickel
03-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Class act in terms of skill?

Because a class act off the pitch, he is not!

c'mon jack, you know we are only refering to skill. off the pitch is his business.

barrett and ricketts can only hope to accomplish a fraction of what this man has achieved.

i would still trade the 2 for him today in a heartbeat

eb14mrc
03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
file:///Users/alex/Desktop/BLANCO.JPG

FluSH
03-27-2009, 12:50 AM
blanco = prima donna soap opera

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2009, 02:59 AM
c'mon jack, you know we are only refering to skill. off the pitch is his business.

barrett and ricketts can only hope to accomplish a fraction of what this man has achieved.

i would still trade the 2 for him today in a heartbeat

But this line of argument is ignoring the crux of what myself and others have been saying.

It isn't that we think Barrett or Ricketts are better than Blanco - clearly Blanco is a unique talent. It's that Blanco is ancient, and has one more season in him, if you're incredibly lucky. And furthermore, every indication from him, has been that he fully intends to head back to Mexico after this season, and either hang them up, or join a team there in a reduced role.

You're also ignoring that whereas Ricketts is class off the pitch, Blanco is not. The guy could very well destroy the good vibe in our dressing room, that will be essential to our success as a team this season.

Beyond that, there are those of us who feel Ricketts and Barrett have immense potential to be breakout players this season. If you don't agree with that, that's fine - there's still all of the above to address.

Lastly, the West Ham game is irrelevant to ANYTHING. Who knows what the final score would have been, if their team was a) playing in a meaningful game, b) in good form instead of pre-season form, and c) using key players to their attack (at the time) like Bellamy. It was a fun game to watch, and Blanco's strike was great - but really, let's put all of that in some perspective. It was a chance for them to get in shape, while playing in a fun atmosphere.

- Scott

torontocelt
03-27-2009, 06:24 AM
I was at the game and I left surprised at the fact that I thought that the majority of the players with genuine technical ability on the ball were actually on the mls team. West Ham did not impress me at all apart from Dean Ashton and to a degree Scott Parker who was at least busy. Blanco was a definite stand out and his goal was sublime to say the least. If I remember rightly the MLS teams only real fault was they gave away a couple of cheap goals which is to be expected when you put players who have never played before in the same defence. There was one long ball which caught them out which was shocking although Ashton proved that night just how clinical he can be in front of goal. Blanco might be old but he still has more talent than anyone in the TFC team, he may not have the engine anymore but his football brain cannot be questioned.

Barrett despite missing absolute sitters last week done okay I thought, he is fast and at least he got himself in those positions. TFC really need someone who is going to convert these chances though so he has to up his game. For me he is similar to kenny miller for Rangers, he is busy and can get a lot of chances but he misses way too much.

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Barrett just needs the confidence to use his cannon of a leg. I think when he tried that volley from outside the box in KC, and it sailed way over the net, he lost his confidence. So when he got another chance in front of the keeper, he got pensive, and decided to try and wait for Amado to receive the centering pass, instead of just blasting it.

The guy is never going to be a finesse finisher like DeRo or Guevara, but he has a great knack for making good runs, and creating space to operate in. Plus he has a Rooney-esque physique. He could be a terrific poacher. I haven't given up on him, and I'm certainly not going to be foolish enough to judge his off-season growth after one game.

I personally think the pairing of Barrett and Vitti up front, has the potential to be absolute dynamite. With Barrett's good movement and workrate, combined with Vitti's technical skills and alleged finishing ability - they could really take this league by storm.

And with Amado and Dwayne making plays behind them? Scary. And RR feeding them crosses from the wing? This has the potential to be such an incredible season for us.

- Scott

bignickel
03-29-2009, 12:11 AM
But this line of argument is ignoring the crux of what myself and others have been saying.

It isn't that we think Barrett or Ricketts are better than Blanco - clearly Blanco is a unique talent. It's that Blanco is ancient, and has one more season in him, if you're incredibly lucky. And furthermore, every indication from him, has been that he fully intends to head back to Mexico after this season, and either hang them up, or join a team there in a reduced role.

You're also ignoring that whereas Ricketts is class off the pitch, Blanco is not. The guy could very well destroy the good vibe in our dressing room, that will be essential to our success as a team this season.

Beyond that, there are those of us who feel Ricketts and Barrett have immense potential to be breakout players this season. If you don't agree with that, that's fine - there's still all of the above to address.

Lastly, the West Ham game is irrelevant to ANYTHING. Who knows what the final score would have been, if their team was a) playing in a meaningful game, b) in good form instead of pre-season form, and c) using key players to their attack (at the time) like Bellamy. It was a fun game to watch, and Blanco's strike was great - but really, let's put all of that in some perspective. It was a chance for them to get in shape, while playing in a fun atmosphere.

- Scott

both subbed off early. ricketts not even able to chase down the counter attack and barrett in no mans land, i mean what the hell was he doing on the wing.

i like both players but there will be no breakout season for either. what you see is what you get.

Shakes McQueen
03-29-2009, 04:16 AM
both subbed off early. ricketts not even able to chase down the counter attack and barrett in no mans land, i mean what the hell was he doing on the wing.

i like both players but there will be no breakout season for either. what you see is what you get.

Two games into the season, and both looked better last season. I'm not going to be so quick to write them off yet.

- Scott

bignickel
03-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Two games into the season, and both looked better last season. I'm not going to be so quick to write them off yet.

- Scott

i wouldn't necessarily say better, but you are right, still early to be sentencing them.
i guess my major knocks would be rickett's pace and barrett's accuracy.
i still like having them on the team, although not game breakers the depth will help us get into the playoffs this year.

Dunkers
03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
ummm blanco hasnt started yet ths season...he has -played 40 min so far, Dennis Hamlin seems to think something is going on, and people are talking about trading 2 starters....geez