PDA

View Full Version : Rohan Ricketts does Next Question on OTR

TFC Bhoy
03-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Just finished watching Off the Record and while he wasn't on the panel, the Next Question segment was with Ricketts.

He mentioned a number of times how great the TFC supporters are. Such as Landsberg asked him whats the biggest difference in playing in England over North America, and he said "The TFC supporters".

He also mentioned that while his real name is Rohan Ricketts, his nick name is Rohan Ricketts. This confused Landsberg which just made it even funnier.

He even briefly mentioned the Red Patch boys

If anyone missed it and wants to see it, its on at 3am this morning or noon tomorrow on TSN/TSNHD or 6am on TSN2

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Good lookin, thanks for the info

tissot
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Here's a link to the video

http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/#clip154087

Just click March 25, then Next Question

Daveisonfire
03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
LOL Big Bruva

billyfly
03-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Which John RPB is he referring to?

The Oz
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
He said John McCartney? I didn't hear too well, seemed like Landsberg knew who he was talking about kinda?

rocktml
03-25-2009, 09:03 PM
TFC is climbing up the ladder!!!! Soon we will take over the leafs!

shawn6597
03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
LOL Big Bruva

hahaha yeah big brew-va

JDG
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Which John RPB is he referring to?

He said John McCartney? I didn't hear too well, seemed like Landsberg knew who he was talking about kinda?

Pretty sure that's our one and only McCartney (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=172)

nascarguy
03-25-2009, 09:28 PM
TFC is climbing up the ladder!!!! Soon we will take over the leafs!
it's not that hard to do even columbus could take over the leafs....

Dozitwin
03-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Pretty sure that's our one and only McCartney (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=172)

Doesn't McCartney sigh his posts -Scott

Nevermind...that's Shakes McQueen

billyfly
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM

Oh...that carts

Razcle
03-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Woa...that was a pretty weak interview. Rohan seemed a little out to lunch on some of those questions. Maybe he is not the king of intonation.

Jack
03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Cool.

RR did a good job up there.

Daveisonfire
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Woa...that was a pretty weak interview. Rohan seemed a little out to lunch on some of those questions. Maybe he is not the king of intonation.

I think he likes to do it on purpose to confuse the interviewer. Can't tell for sure though.

Shakes McQueen
03-25-2009, 10:19 PM
What was with the weird stand-off at the beginning of the interview?

Man, I was kind of disappointed by this. It was a great chance for Rohan to show his personality, and he just seemed kind of shy and disoriented the entire time.

On the bright side, Landsberg actually seems to know a bit about the club, though some of the questions were kind of stupid - who is the biggest diver on TFC? Did you really expect him to answer that with anything either than his own name, or "next question"?

And some of the other exchanges were equally bizarre - what is your nick name? "Rohan Ricketts" That's just a nickname? What's your real name? "Rohan Ricketts". Er.... okay?

Again - it's a shame really. I suspect if Rohan had let his usual colourful, hilarious personality shine through, he might have gotten the opportunity to become a panelist on the show in the future, and get the club some more face time. I don't foresee that, after this interview.

Oh well, kudos to Landsberg for having him on, as there certainly wouldn't have been any pressure from the network to do so.

I'd really like one of you guys to tell me why my observations are wrong, though. I'm really confused by this segment, haha.

- Scott

tfctillidie
03-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Rohan seemed nervous and a bit off haha...but Landsberg with whats poppin was hilarious

Cadaren
03-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Landsberg seemed like a tool and Ricketts treated him like such.

Super Cereal
03-25-2009, 10:30 PM

Gotta say I disagree. He asked a weird question or two, but Landsberg wasn't being a tool in the least.

Ricketts seemed nervous or something. Landsberg did his best.

Shakes McQueen
03-25-2009, 10:34 PM

No way - Landsberg actually asked him some fun and interesting questions, such as what a "Hotspur" is, and Rohan just seemed out to lunch in his responses.

I'm just really confused. I've never seen RR like that. He wasn't acting like any other time I've seen him.

- Scott

TFC Bhoy
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
I think maybe RR thought it was going to be a normal kind of interview like "How do you think TFC will do this year?" or typical questions like that where Next Question Landsberg is always just zinging question after question and sometimes they are really random joking questions.

If you watch the show a lot you can see how people change from the first time they do the segment to people like Jacques Lamaires (sp?) former habs boss who has done it MANY MANY times. Sometimes people are in shock with the method of questioning, so maybe that was part of it.

I do give credit to Landsberg though for trying to bring some humour or that into it, like when RR said that was his nick name, so then he laughed and asked what his REAL name was, maybe expecting a joke and him to say a crazy nick name there. But when he said RR he laughed and gave him a chance to add to it but then just moved on.

If nothing else it was good exposure for the team and fans too as its broadcast across the country and the world on the web. Might have done a bit better job, but hey at least he got up there and gave it a shot!

Jack
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
No way - Landsberg actually asked him some fun and interesting questions, such as what a "Hotspur" is, and Rohan just seemed out to lunch in his responses.

I'm just really confused. I've never seen RR like that. He wasn't acting like any other time I've seen him.

- Scott
He seemed nervous.

Shakes McQueen
03-26-2009, 01:24 AM
He seemed nervous.

But that is also strange to me. I've seen video of him interviewing random people at awards banquets for his RWR show. I've seen him talking to James and Kristian on the Footy Show. I've seen hours of footage of him on TFC TV, talking about... whatever.

I've never seen him like this. It almost seemed like he was annoyed to be there, or something. Like when Landsberg greeted him at the beginning, and he just didn't say anything in response - even after prompted by Landsberg, when he asked if his silence was intentional.

A silly segment like this should be right up Rohan's alley, and "out to lunch" is all I can think of, to describe his disposition.

Oh well. No sense in dwelling on it. Glad to see OTR and TSN giving a little attention to the team. OTR is a popular show, and Next Question is a popular segment, so I'm sure many people saw it.

- Scott

twistedchinaman
03-26-2009, 01:44 AM

Landsberg has and will always be a tool (plus he reminds me of the high school douchebag that slams people into their lockers) -- ditto the rest of TSN.

sulfur
03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
But that is also strange to me. I've seen video of him interviewing random people at awards banquets for his RWR show. I've seen him talking to James and Kristian on the Footy Show. I've seen hours of footage of him on TFC TV, talking about... whatever.
The first time I saw him on the Footy Show, it was just he and Sharman. RR seemed tentative.

The other times, Kristian's been there, and RR's much more at home.

Maybe it's just comfort level. *Shrug*

TFC RealDeal RPB
03-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Well that was must likely the first time they met.

Don Julio
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
...off to Wikipedia to look wtf a Hotspur is.

rocker
03-26-2009, 10:23 AM
the interview needed to be faster... usually the questions are quicker and ask things that can be answered in one word.

flatpicker
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
I thought he was alright.
He was just trying to be a little deadpan in his answers.
Maybe it didn't come across as well as it could have.

Carts
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
I just saw the interview, and yup add another notch in my media-whore reputation... LOL...

I know Michael, and they were having a bit of fun at my expense... I don't know why my first name was dropped initially - but once Michael heard 'Red Patch Boys & John' togteher he jumped right in with my full name of, you guessed it "John McCartney"...

I've been getting it left-right-centre about getting tossed from a game from everyone at work LOL...

Who would toss me from a game - I'm a lovely ladd... :D

Uh boy - I'm giving it to ML & RR next time I see them... :cool:

Carts... :drinking:

TheRenter
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM

agreed....ladyberg is a muppet

Big Bruva
03-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Landsberg thought Rohans nickname was Big Bruva (meaning me) and Rohan actually begins to say "no thats not my nickname thats my cousin" but i think Landsberg cut him off when he got to "thats my" and thats when he kinda got caught offguard and said his name was his nickname lololololol

Just finished watching Off the Record and while he wasn't on the panel, the Next Question segment was with Ricketts.

He mentioned a number of times how great the TFC supporters are. Such as Landsberg asked him whats the biggest difference in playing in England over North America, and he said "The TFC supporters".

He also mentioned that while his real name is Rohan Ricketts, his nick name is Rohan Ricketts. This confused Landsberg which just made it even funnier.

He even briefly mentioned the Red Patch boys

If anyone missed it and wants to see it, its on at 3am this morning or noon tomorrow on TSN/TSNHD or 6am on TSN2

Big Bruva
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
LOL Big Bruva

lol Landsber shouted me out.

I get $50 everytime my nickname is said on tv lol

billyfly
03-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Landsberg's fingers are so small.

Big Bruva
03-27-2009, 10:55 PM
RR said the best mid in the world is Ronaldinho lol shows how much my cuz watches football init.

mclaren
03-27-2009, 11:38 PM
I know he said he doesn't drink but he seemed drunk to me.