PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match v. KC

egoodwin
03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm going to have to say I disagree with the current results of the MoM poll on the TFC site, that has Guevara as the MoM...

sure Guevara got 2 goals, but Brennan's and Guevara's second was all DeRo, plus if he had hit that penalty it would have been even better for DeRo

Daveisonfire
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I'd say Brennan's goal was all him. He won the ball, passed it to Dero, made the run and then finished perfectly

ginkster88
03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd say Brennan's goal was all him. He won the ball, passed it to Dero, made the run and then finished perfectly

I'd have to agree.

Dunkers
03-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Dero was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, even with the missed penalty. He helped set up Brennans goal, (brennan still deserves alot of the cred). It was his shot that rebounded to Guvera.

But what really stuck me, was everytime KC scored, he upped his attack, and would out muscle the defender and win possession. Instead of sitting back and defending the shift in momentum after the KC goals, he took the game to KC. He was careful with his possession so as not to cough up an easy counter attack, but he was strong on the attack none the less, and for that, he should be awarded the man of the match.

Blizzard
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Dero was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, even with the missed penalty. He helped set up Brennans goal, (brennan still deserves alot of the cred). It was his shot that rebounded to Guvera.

But what really stuck me, was everytime KC scored, he upped his attack, and would out muscle the defender and win possession. Instead of sitting back and defending the shift in momentum after the KC goals, he took the game to KC. He was careful with his possession so as not to cough up an easy counter attack, but he was strong on the attack none the less, and for that, he should be awarded the man of the match.

He plays like a winner!

billyfly
03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
DeRo's missed PK was a big problem in naming him MoM.

Dunkers
03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Guveras second took no special effort, KC could not mark the 2nd or 3rd man in the box all night (Jimmy was unmarked going into the box aswell on his goal, and i beleive Barret was on his miss)

When you watch the replay thier are at least 3 red shirts that could knock dero's rebound in, it just happened that Guvera was the one who won the lottery on that play.

Guvera played well dont get me wrong, i loved his first goal, and he was oppertunistic with his chances, but i dont think he was able to take control of the flow of the game, like dero

joesoccerfan
03-24-2009, 08:33 PM
DeRo created chances all match long and effectively assisted on the 2nd Guevara goal. Even though he missed the penalty, he did create the chance that led to the handball.

My vote goes to DeRo hands down!

Pachuco
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Man of the Match: Guevara no doubt about it
Serioux Second
Dero third.

I don't think you guys get what it means for a professional to kick the ball over the net on a penalty. Yes he was awesome in the game. But he took a horrendous penalty shot. Therefore, I can't name him man of the match.

egoodwin
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Brennan's goal was a beauty, but if we did not have DeRo (with our MF last year), I doubt he would have got the ball back as perfectly as he did

all in all it was a beautiful goal all around and should have been a nominee for goal of the week

Dunkers
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Man of the Match: Guevara no doubt about it
Serioux Second
Dero third.

I don't think you guys get what it means for a professional to kick the ball over the net on a penalty. Yes he was awesome in the game. But he took a horrendous penalty shot. Therefore, I can't name him man of the match.

its not the perfect match award, or the luckiest man of the match, i just dont see how one set play that did not effect the outcome of the game can casue such a drop in overall preformance

Pachuco
03-24-2009, 08:45 PM
its not the perfect match award, or the luckiest man of the match, i just dont see how one set play that did not effect the outcome of the game can casue such a drop in overall preformance

It's not such a drop. Guevara and Serioux had incredible games as well. Dero will have his man of the match. I'm positive people are biased here because he's a local boy.

Dunkers
03-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Pachuco we can totally disagree, thats cool, but honestly no bias, that would have been top 2 all time preformance by a TFC player (Dichio vs NE excepted), had the PK gone in.

He is a totally different class, i dont care where you are from , when you win Championships everywhere you go, your welcome on my team any day

Pachuco
03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Pachuco we can totally disagree, thats cool, but honestly no bias, that would have been top 2 all time preformance by a TFC player (Dichio vs NE excepted), had the PK gone in.

He is a totally different class, i dont care where you are from , when you win Championships everywhere you go, your welcome on my team any day

I complete agree, the man is unbelievable. I just think Guevara was unbelievable and flawless :) as well. I am positive Dero will be MoM against Columbus!!!

SilentSam
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't understand.. if 2 goals doesn't make you MOM then what does? ..don't say three.. :D

Deros makes FC a better team by being on the pitch. If you measure his play (for the MOM) simply by his effort and skill and not his results, he will get MOM every game.

Oblio2
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
I thought Robbo was fantastic.....He created the chances for DeRo...he tackles, passed and ran both ends....MoM IMO

Dunkers
03-24-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't understand.. if 2 goals doesn't make you MOM then what does? ..don't say three.. :D

Deros makes FC a better team by being on the pitch. If you measure his play (for the MOM) simply by his effort and skill and not his results, he will get MOM every game.

Totally vaild. I guess i was jsut blown away when i saw TFC attacking extremely well even though we had a lead

Heres to DERO for MOM in KKKolumbus

CretanBull
03-24-2009, 11:08 PM
I thought Robbo was fantastic.....He created the chances for DeRo...he tackles, passed and ran both ends....MoM IMO

Yup.