PDA

View Full Version : How Much Better Is The East?

Calvin
03-24-2009, 05:46 PM
There has been much talk about how the already far stronger East Division will be increasingly dominant over the West. This is especially important when we consider the possibility of a East, Central and West divide in the future, which would mean we play the Eastern (better?) teams far more.

Points For All East Teams-

Points For All West Teams-

Assumedly the totals should be similar since the teams mostly play those in their own division. If we see a big difference in these numbers, then we have a problem, as in the few games they have, east teams are consistently beating their western opponents. (or visa versa, unlikely)

These numbers will be updated weekly.

billyfly
03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I thought you meant East side of Toronto. West Side rulez!

Stoda
03-24-2009, 06:08 PM
RSL has not played yet

giambac
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
There has been much talk about how the already far stronger East Division will be increasingly dominant over the West. This is especially important when we consider the possibility of a East, Central and West divide in the future, which would mean we play the Eastern (better?) teams far more.

Assumedly the totals should be similar since the teams mostly play those in their own division. If we see a big difference in these numbers, then we have a problem, as in the few games they have, east teams are consistently beating their western opponents. (or visa versa, unlikely)

0 % better

Pachuco
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM

I think it will be more even with Seattle and RSL this year. I think even LA has improved.

giambac
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM

wow,

after week 1 your already talking about who is better.

shit man why didn't u include the preseason games :noidea:

Steve
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I think it will be more even with Seattle and RSL this year. I think even LA has improved.

RSL is going to dominate. I think they'll take the west and possibly the final. Seattle though? I mean, sure, they played one good game in front of home fans, and I think they might be pretty good this year, but wait until we start getting into summer. Injuries, fatigue, excitment wearing off, etc. I don't think they'll be last in the west, but I don't think they'll be a powerhouse either.

Though with MLS, you really can't tell, can you? I think after the home game vs RSL we'll have a better idea where they stand (and I'm kind of rooting for RSL in that one).

Calvin
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
RSL is going to dominate. I think they'll take the west and possibly the final.

thats because they beat such a great team in the final of a preseason tournament right? ;)

Yohan
03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
It's kinda early in the season...

Though from what I saw, RSL and Houston esp looked good

standupforthetfc
03-25-2009, 05:33 PM
I think that while the west does have some strong teams (RSL, Houston, maybe seattle (too early to tell)) the east definitely has more depth and is on average stronger. Whether this divide is going to be greater or smaller then last year has yet to be seen.

Calvin
03-26-2009, 12:10 AM
wow,

after week 1 your already talking about who is better.

its a running tally.