PDA

View Full Version : We have been challenged by Columbus FO

Naturegirl
03-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Lets get it on...just got this from the crew FO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKCGUbcL7c0&eurl=http://blackandgoldstandard.com/&feature=player_embedded

BuSaPuNk
03-24-2009, 11:37 AM
^ It's on!! Can't wait for Saturday.....show them who's house it really is!!

Mark in Ottawa
03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Trillium Cup??

Who thought that one up?

ben_vw
03-24-2009, 11:41 AM
The Trillium Cup is a joke. If we win it this year, let's just let them keep it - they're the only ones who give a sh!te about it.

Razcle
03-24-2009, 11:41 AM
This has been discussed in another thread. It is supremely weak effort to stir the pot. Their fans brought intensity?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=1311

bfJnAyP4ymg

Jack
03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
LOL

That's some high comedy.

Naturegirl
03-24-2009, 11:45 AM
haha lol just thought i'd put it out there as i just got it.

Steve
03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Personally, I quite enjoyed the "so far if you win the trillium cup you go on to win the championship" line. Well done ;)

Carts
03-24-2009, 11:52 AM
This was talked about in the other thread, but just to bring it up here...

We should send the GM of Columbus a very professional, polite e-mail asking him the following question...

You say your supporters matched the intensity of the TFC fans in attendance, you then cut to a piece of video from a playoff game later in the season. If in fact you did match the TFC fans intensity, why would you not show that video proof?

I'd love to hear his answer...

He'd probably say "you Canadians don't know TV"...LOL

Carts...

Phil
03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
How are we being disrespectful by just showing up?

If you have passion for your team, then you are disrespectful? I don't get his read on things.

Must be something about living in Columbus :D

BuSaPuNk
03-24-2009, 11:57 AM
I also wonder what there attendance average for the year if you take away our totals from our games there??

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Exiled's response is the best.

exiledred77 (http://www.youtube.com/user/exiledred77) (23 hours ago) Show Hide
0 [/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/login?next=/watch%3Fv%3DUKCGUbcL7c0%26eurl%3Dhttp%3A//blackandgoldstandard.com/%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded"] (http://www.youtube.com/login?next=/watch%3Fv%3DUKCGUbcL7c0%26eurl%3Dhttp%3A//blackandgoldstandard.com/%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded)
Marked as spam

Yeah, how disrespectful....bringing a large crowd to an away game.

Absolutely shocking behaviour in a north american league.

This twat is talking smack, because he wants us to actually view the KKKrew as legitimate rivals, and come in greater numbers, which might actually give the crew some revenue.

Crew stadium spread it's legs for our 2000 supporters, and they'll do it again, because they need those seats filled somehow, and there just arent enough crew supporters. Go figure

Mikey
03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Theres already several posts on BS from Crew "supporters" on how some of them aren't bringing as many people with them to the game, cos it's a 60% chance of rain.......:rolleyes:

Pigfynn
03-24-2009, 12:54 PM
^^Good, fucking bring the rain! It would be awesome to have a full south end in their stadium with the rest empty because of a bit of rain.

It will look great on TV for the Crew when they can't fill their own stadium for their home opener the season after they won the league and are presenting the trophy. Now that would be the ultimate FAIL!

Billy the kid
03-24-2009, 01:07 PM
We dare you to come to our city and spend money.

tfcleeds
03-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Theres already several posts on BS from Crew "supporters" on how some of them aren't bringing as many people with them to the game, cos it's a 60% chance of rain.......:rolleyes:

I expect nothing less from the soccer mom crowd...

C.Ronaldo
03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
how about we dont go at all, and then it will be 0 fans

BFin
03-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Shitty part is, only rain poncho I can find...is yellow.
I will be only wearing that during a downpour...or a subsequent sneak attack on the columbus supporters.

Shaughno
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM

That's what I suggested before they were announced. We should STOP going to Columbus period. Stop giving those cunts the money that's keeping them afloat. Nobody cares about Columbus, prove it by never going to Columbus again.

mighty_torontofc_2008
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM
This has been discussed in another thread. It is supremely weak effort to stir the pot. Their fans brought intensity?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=1311

bfJnAyP4ymg

Ive seen bigger crowds at timmies, even with ou the roll up the rim game!!

denime
03-24-2009, 01:28 PM
BFin

Go to dollar store and buy yourself see trough poncho for a buck.

Wagner
03-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I will be only wearing that during a downpour...or a subsequent sneak attack on the columbus supporters.

you've got 4 days to find a clear or red one.
step your game up.

tfcleeds
03-24-2009, 01:31 PM
If they can't muster enough interest for the home opener of the defending MLS champions, that is more than enough reason why that franchise deserves to be relocated. Thankfully, it happens soon, so TFC supporters don't have to visit that hellhole ever again...

BFin
03-24-2009, 01:32 PM
BFin

Go to dollar store and buy yourself see trough poncho for a buck.
Yellow one will be brought for infiltration purposes as previously stated.

I may go get the clear one as well, just so I don't have to have that crappy colour on.

Kickit09
03-24-2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=193&pictureid=1006

Oblio2
03-24-2009, 01:34 PM

Canadian Tire...red Ponchos...but F that...would look better with Jerseys..rain is for pussies...and Columbus fans!

BFin
you've got 4 days to find a clear or red one.
step your game up.
hahahah Wagner, you back off!
Can't you see I am working...why else would I be posting??

BFin
I checked on Canadian Tires site, couldn't find a red one.

Oblio2
03-24-2009, 01:37 PM

I have one left over from last year, still unused. Yours if you want it.
Live in east end..work uptown.

Wagner
03-24-2009, 01:38 PM

Dollar Stores, Pharmacies, MEC/Outdoor supply stores (Hikers Haven in Oakville) Have those $1 disposable ponchos.

My Loved ones got red ones as stocking stuffers for Xmas....That's what you call foresight.

Boo Yah.

BFin
03-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm gonna go wander yonge/bloor after work and see what I can find.
Pharmacies eh...perhaps Shoppers Drug Mart might have one?

Oblio, I would take it, but I am subway only and work at Yonge/Bloor, might not work out for me! Thanks though!

Wagner, you sir are a planning genius.
What can I say, I am a columbus rook.

Joe Kool
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM

I bought a bunch at Canadian Tire last year for a buck each. They have them all folded up into little ziplock bags hanging on hooks right at the cash register. Cool thing is they come in red.

Wagner
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm gonna go wander yonge/bloor after work and see what I can find.
Pharmacies eh...perhaps Shoppers Drug Mart might have one?

Oblio, I would take it, but I am subway only and work at Yonge/Bloor, might not work out for me! Thanks though!

Wagner, you sir are a planning genius.
What can I say, I am a columbus rook.

Planning Genius or OCD/Neurosis :noidea:

GingerNinja
03-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Planning Genius or OCD/Neurosis :noidea:

:D

But thanks to strategic x-mas presents, I'll be dry in Columbus!!

jabbronies
03-24-2009, 01:59 PM
I see them there CoeLumbus folk brought out the old VHS tape recorder to put out that little piece of shite they call a video.

What will TFC FO do in response??

Four 4 Two
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Can someone find a chant against columbus from neil young's OHIO?

http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=thrashesblog4-20&l=ur2&o=1

Ohio

lyrics by Neil Young

--------

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming,
Four dead in Ohio.

Wagner
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I see them there CoeLumbus folk brought out the old VHS tape recorder to put out that little piece of shite they call a video.

What will TFC FO do in response??

It would be awesome if mr. Paul responded...all cocky...basically quoting ExiledReds previous response about. (spreading your legs to 2000 TFC supporters, because you can't fill you own stadium after a championship year....)

Wagner
03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Can someone find a chant against columbus from neil young's OHIO?

http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=thrashesblog4-20&l=ur2&o=1

Ohio

lyrics by Neil Young

--------

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drumming,
Four dead in Ohio.

This was talked about in the previous years...it was considered kind of offside as people were killed, etc...

Four 4 Two
03-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I know. I know, I'm maybe not as politically correct as most. It WAS in the 60's!! but yeah, it could cause some crap for us! I'll drop it!

GabrielHurl
03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
The KKKrew can only dream of something like this

http://xs435.xs.to/xs435/09052/2881.jpg

http://www.ibiblio.org/footy/2008a/0329_clb_tor_ycj/0329ajm_49.jpg

Snoop
03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
All the RPB's going down to Cuntlumbus, make us proud and sing til u lose ur voices. We will be watching to see if the "hooligans" will "match" your intensity. Hahahahaha fucking KKKrew wankers.

BFin
03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
To be fair, they do have two hours at Ruby Tuesday's to get all hyped up on virgin shirley temples...

jloome
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Or, drive down, piss on the stadium en mass, drive away.

Razcle
03-24-2009, 08:40 PM

How epic would it be if everyone wore yellow rain coats over their red gear and were quiet until after the game started. Then ripped off the yellow and started filling the stadium with chants. It would totally throw everyone off guard. Especially if we slowly raised the volume of our chanting...like a rolling thunder coming closer....Maybe it wouldn't be as cool as I am picturing it in my head...

but in my head it is epic!:hump:

TFCREDNWHITE
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
FUCKIN WANKERS!!!!!

I can't wait to rip that stadium apart!!!!!

spezz44
03-24-2009, 09:06 PM
BFin i work at Yonge and Bloor as well i have no idea where ur gunna find one here, i would say maybe dollarama south of bloor, or maybe that crappy dollar store in the holt renfrew centre.

Dozitwin
03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
To be fair, they do have two hours at Ruby Tuesday's to get all hyped up on virgin shirley temples...

Um...but.....yeah forget it.

JDG
03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/03/24/mls-commish-don-garber-lavishes-praise-on-toronto-fc.aspx (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/03/24/mls-commish-don-garber-lavishes-praise-on-toronto-fc.aspx)

And there you have it! Garber says Crew supporters told him they stepped up their game because of us!

:hump::canada::cool::canada::cool::canada::cool:

"I've heard stories from people in Columbus that their supporter's group, which continues to grow, was really berthed out of the fact Toronto fans came into their stadium and really almost dominated them during the opening game last year," Garber said. "We're very proud of the stage that they've set."

spezz44
03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
haha awesome:canada::drinking:

Bobo
03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I sure didn't go to Columbus expecting us to walk all over them. I didn't even really expect them to win...

Congrats on "matching" TFC's support in "your house".

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
That's what I suggested before they were announced. We should STOP going to Columbus period. Stop giving those cunts the money that's keeping them afloat. Nobody cares about Columbus, prove it by never going to Columbus again.

I see what youre saying but its more fun to embarass them and own their house

Shakes McQueen
03-24-2009, 11:25 PM

Nah, I disagree. At the end of the day, as much as I hate Columbus as a team, their financial well-being works to the benefit of the league as a whole.

Plus, our rivalry with Columbus is probably the most entertaining rivalry we have so far. And showing them up in their own stadium, is more than worth the money the team gets in return.

You can't put a price on the embarrassment we must make their supporters feel, when they see an entire side of their otherwise unfilled stadium, packed in a sea of red, then look at the weak smattering of yellow everywhere else. :D

One thing I'm really curious to see this season, is how big of a traveling contingent Seattle has, at their away games.

- Scott

RedWookie
03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Just an idea, but when the Krew come to BMO this year, I say we have "Soccer Moms Parking" signs posted to direct their bus/Ford Pickup where to park.:D

BFin
03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
BFin i work at Yonge and Bloor as well i have no idea where ur gunna find one here, i would say maybe dollarama south of bloor, or maybe that crappy dollar store in the holt renfrew centre.
I am hearing there is a Canadian Tire noth of bloor on yonge...walking distance...I am heading there tomorrow.

arsenal
03-24-2009, 11:32 PM
I am hearing there is a Canadian Tire noth of bloor on yonge...walking distance...I am heading there tomorrow.

Managed to get a cheap white one with Canada written all over it in red from that crappy dollar store a while back. Was a long time ago but maybe worth a shot.

jloome
03-25-2009, 12:50 AM

worst comes to worst, you can punch a couple of holes for 'sleeves' and your head in the sides and bottomof a king-sized garbage bag. works really well.

Cashcleaner
03-25-2009, 02:08 AM

Agreed. Fucking AGREED!!! Why give this shit stain of a town the attention its craving? Do you know what will happen if we drop a threat to boycott Crew Stadium? I swear to you, their FO will be crawling on their knees begging us to take another trip down there. Sure, there is some degree of satisfaction out of singing them out of their own stadium, but is it really worth it? They won't even admit the fact that we totally owned them in the stands last time around.

Columbus is simply no longer worth our time.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-25-2009, 02:31 AM
The KKKrew can only dream of something like this

http://xs435.xs.to/xs435/09052/2881.jpg

http://www.ibiblio.org/footy/2008a/0329_clb_tor_ycj/0329ajm_49.jpg

all the cheerleaders looking over at something they have never seen at there stadium......

Supporters!:drinking:

twistedchinaman
03-25-2009, 02:34 AM

Question: Have they EVER been?

Please tell me the answer is no.

For all it's worth, once again, the whole winning the league and still not getting any buzz is a massive FAIL on the KKKrew FO. This should be TWICE that they will fail to sell out their home opener, and they are still talking shit to us.

It's either just damned adorable or just damned pathetic. You pick.

James17930
03-25-2009, 02:50 AM

Go to the nearest Canadian Tire -- they'll have it there -- trust me. :canada:

Shakes McQueen
03-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Agreed. Fucking AGREED!!! Why give this shit stain of a town the attention its craving? Do you know what will happen if we drop a threat to boycott Crew Stadium? I swear to you, their FO will be crawling on their knees begging us to take another trip down there. Sure, there is some degree of satisfaction out of singing them out of their own stadium, but is it really worth it? They won't even admit the fact that we totally owned them in the stands last time around.

But, the ultimate reason for going is supposed to be to cheer on our team - not to show up the Columbus supporters, or financially support their team.

You go, to give our guys the wind of the twelfth man at their back.

Not going, because their FO are saying ridiculous things about us, or because their supporters are wankers, or because the town is a shit hole, is kind of missing the point of why you go in the first place.

I hope that doesn't sound too preachy, because it isn't meant to be.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
03-25-2009, 03:53 AM
^ No, that's a fair point you make. But on the flip side, we could easily do the same at Chicago, New York, or DC. Also, by constantly picking them as our big trip destination we are in fact supporting them financially. Technically, with that in mind the best solution would be to alternate cities with our road trips, but that's getting into a more pedantic economic argument.

Shakes McQueen
03-25-2009, 04:27 AM
^ No, that's a fair point you make. But on the flip side, we could easily do the same at Chicago, New York, or DC. Also, by constantly picking them as our big trip destination we are in fact supporting them financially. Technically, with that in mind the best solution would be to alternate cities with our road trips, but that's getting into a more pedantic economic argument.

Well, it seems the reasons we primarily go to Columbus, are a combination of a) the rivalry between our clubs, b) the availability of tickets, and c) the geographic convenience.

I'd actually like to see the huge contingent of RPB's that go to Columbus every year, opt for a different road trip every season, instead of going to Columbus every year. For whatever reason, they don't. I assume it probably has something to do with Columbus being familiar - meaning they know what accommodations are available, cheap transportation is available, and so on.

But deciding to boycott a city, is different than simply deciding to go somewhere different every season.

My point was just that whether we are ultimately giving Columbus money should be irrelevant. You go for the benefit of the team, to try and make every game feel more like a home game - dipshit home supporters, hellhole town, and other unfortunate side-effects aside. :D

Plus, it's my own opinion that supporting other MLS teams financially isn't really a bad thing. Columbus being financially viable helps us all, whether it be because it encourages further growth of the league, or more selfish reasons like growth of a salary cap.

I don't care what their tax filings look like. We will all still know what a joke that team is, haha.

- Scott

nascarguy
03-25-2009, 06:04 AM
http://www.shopadidas.ca/catalogimageservlet?productId=666769&imageType=thumbhttp://www.shopadidas.ca/imageservlet?webImageName=spacer2.gifhttp://www.shopadidas.ca/imageservlet?webImageName=spacer2.gifToronto FC 09 Rain Jacket
Men's
$129.99
Fabric with bamboo content.ForMotion. 3D engineered pattern for enhanced fit and performance. Printed stripes. See More (http://www.shopadidas.ca/catalogservlet?categoryId=2264833&productId=666769)

if you order it now it would be at your home by friday

Kooper
03-25-2009, 06:57 AM
How are we being disrespectful by just showing up?

If you have passion for your team, then you are disrespectful? I don't get his read on things.

Must be something about living in Columbus :D

He says that we came and we expected to walk all over them. We didn't walk all over them. We pissed all over their city.

Wagner
03-25-2009, 07:24 AM
The reason we've gone to columbus in big numbers is because it's drivable. and it's the first game, everyone has pent up TFC love to give...TFC blue balls one might say...and Columbus is the first opportunity for many of us.

If DC or Boston was week one or two next year, I suspect that we'd travel in big numbers to those places.

TorontoBlades
03-25-2009, 07:46 AM
they matched our intensity...

...ya showed the same crowd shot twice....and if ya have a set on ya, why don't you zoom out a tad so you can show how big that intense crowd can be....

Technorgasm
03-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Fans, support, seat sales, all this smack about this crap is pissin me off. . . its fucking Garbage.

They are MLS Champions AND have that tin cup Trillim crap shit piss mug.

From the way I see it, they own us.

Its Results that I give a fuck about, and THIS year thats what we are coming to get.

we're loud, we're proud and we're here to Drive you into the ground!!!

BFin
03-25-2009, 08:34 AM
all the cheerleaders looking over at something they have never seen at there stadium......

Supporters!:drinking:
They're also looking at attractive people for the first time.
And marvelling at the fact that we all have our teeth

deltox
03-25-2009, 08:47 AM
i cant believe im going back to that shit hole.

unless theres TFC playoff games in Columbus, ill never go back there.

DOMIN8R
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm so glad others feel this way. I love our team but I would rather travel to a city that treats us reasonably. I don't need a group hug from opposing fans but I'm not down with fighting for a place to piss, pepper spray and now (c)Hunt Ownership FO-lies. Can't we make our next B I G trip to somewhere like Chicago or New England and suck it up for the extra 2-3 hours drive? Don't our boys need our help there too?

Fuck the Trillium-manufactured-rivalry-Cup.

Shaughno
03-25-2009, 09:48 AM
^^ Exactly. Fuck Columbus, let's make our HUGE trips anywhere but Cowtown.

denime
03-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Let's hope MLS will make different schedule next year,and let TFC have 1st or 2nd game in Philly,DC or NYRB.

BFin
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Found a orgAnge/red rain poncho at Canadian Tire at yonge/bloor for 2 bucks...if anyone in the area needs to know where to get one.

Wagner
03-25-2009, 12:15 PM
^^ Exactly. Fuck Columbus, let's make our HUGE trips anywhere but Cowtown.

I'd rather go somewhere else,
but the demand comes from the pent up TFC energy.
Hopefully Mr. Paul is trolling the board and will push for us to open in Chicago or NE or NYC or DC next year.

Marc"2L"
03-25-2009, 12:20 PM

Easy...you're out in the open here....