PDA

View Full Version : MLS sucking sounders balls?

Kickit09
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Montero was named player of the week even though 4 other players scored more important doubles in week 1 of MLS. Yes montero's was the first in franchise history, but even if he didn't score the sounders still would of won 1-0 and got their first goal in franchise history. chivas on he other hand would have lost without nagamuras double. toronto would have also lost without guevaras double. LA would have lost without donovons double too. only montero and arnaud's doubles were useless to their team (in the sense that it wasn't NEEDED for the win or didn't help get the win). so why was montero named player of the week? im not trying to be negative or hate on the sounders, it just seems to me that nagamura, guevara, and donovon all were vital to their teams wins, unlike montero, and deserve player of the week ahead of montero. also, his first goal is nominated as goal of the week. other than being the first is franchise history there is nothing special about that goal, it was a weak goal the keeper should have had. it is unquestionably the worst out of the 8 nominated. yet is only 2% behind cooper for the lead and has been narrowing the gap quickly since yesterday.... i smell something fishy going on. does garber and MLS have a hard on for seattle or something?

ilikemusic
03-24-2009, 11:17 AM
also, his first goal is nominated as goal of the week. other than being the first is franchise history there is nothing special about that goal, it was a weak goal the keeper should have had. it is unquestionably the worst out of the 8 nominated. yet is only 2% behind cooper for the lead and has been narrowing the gap quickly since yesterday.... i smell something fishy going on. does garber and MLS have a hard on for seattle or something?

To be perfectly honest, I think that is special enough.

But besides, who really cares how MLS front office chooses to nominate/manipulate voting processes?

Didnt we all get bored of this GOTW stuff during season 1?:noidea:

deschamp86
03-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Maybe they would have won without his two goals. But they wouldn't have won without his assist.

drewski
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
why is something the goal of the week fishy? its a fan vote, and they've shown they've got a very strong fan base.

they are just getting behind their boy, just we would/should

James17930
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Maybe they would have won without his two goals. But they wouldn't have won without his assist.

Zing.

Billy the kid
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
They should be drawing attention to that game. It was good for the league. I don't think his double was significantly less special than the others.

maninb
03-24-2009, 11:24 AM
If you watched the highlights, Montero's goals were much better goals...Guevera's were a good snap-shot and a lucky rebound.

Brooker
03-24-2009, 11:35 AM
^^^^
Montero with the lucky breakaway.... Montero left completely unmarked in the box.... meh... boring goals but understandably a big deal considering it's their first game n' all.

thought Guevara's were better quality overall, though. afterall... on his first goal he was being marked by 2 guys, and he still made them look silly.

giambac
03-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Montero was named player of the week even though 4 other players scored more important doubles in week 1 of MLS. Yes montero's was the first in franchise history, but even if he didn't score the sounders still would of won 1-0 and got their first goal in franchise history. chivas on he other hand would have lost without nagamuras double. toronto would have also lost without guevaras double. LA would have lost without donovons double too. only montero and arnaud's doubles were useless to their team (in the sense that it wasn't NEEDED for the win or didn't help get the win). so why was montero named player of the week? im not trying to be negative or hate on the sounders, it just seems to me that nagamura, guevara, and donovon all were vital to their teams wins, unlike montero, and deserve player of the week ahead of montero. also, his first goal is nominated as goal of the week. other than being the first is franchise history there is nothing special about that goal, it was a weak goal the keeper should have had. it is unquestionably the worst out of the 8 nominated. yet is only 2% behind cooper for the lead and has been narrowing the gap quickly since yesterday.... i smell something fishy going on. does garber and MLS have a hard on for seattle or something?

why do you really care about things like this?

we won , the team played well.

that's all that matters.

Dirk Diggler
03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Exactly. This is completely irrelevant to most of us. I stopped caring about GOTW and stuff of this sort before I even knew it existed.

Phil
03-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I can't understand why this is considered news...

Chevy
03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Gentlemen, the purpose of the Sierra Mist Goal of the Week is to get click-throughs for Sierra Mist and eyeballs on the Sierra Mist adversiting. Nothing more.

tfc
03-24-2009, 02:23 PM
why do you really care about things like this?

we won , the team played well.

that's all that matters.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

wait... waiiiiiit ... wait... did you just say the team played WELL?

well there's always a first for everything, i guess ...

ginkster88
03-24-2009, 02:28 PM
^^^^
Montero with the lucky breakaway....

...no. When you put a defender to shame by stripping him of the ball, putting it through his legs and chasing it down to score, that's not luck.

Montero was the best player this week, two beauty goals and an assist, enough said.

giambac
03-24-2009, 02:29 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

wait... waiiiiiit ... wait... did you just say the team played WELL?

well there's always a first for everything, i guess ...

Hey I give credit when it is warranted. They played well and I will acknowledge it. Unlike most of you guys who hate to criticize when the team plays like crap (most of last year). I constantly was calling out the team last year becasue quite frankly they sucked for most of the year. That was apaparent and the team went out and signed some players.

The only thing I didn't like about the game was Carvers decison on the penalty kick. I mean Guevera had 2 goals and he deserved to take the kick. I had a strange felling that DERO was going to miss. It could have come back to haunt us.

I'm still very hesitant about Carvers coaching tactics. I kust hope that with the improved talent we have thios year that it will mask his deficiencies as a coach.

Phil
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey I give credit when it is warranted. They played well and I will acknowledge it. Unlike most of you guys who hate to criticize when the team plays like crap (most of last year). I constantly was calling out the team last year becasue quite frankly they sucked for most of the year. That was apaparent and the team went out and signed some players.

The only thing I didn't like about the game was Carvers decison on the penalty kick. I mean Guevera had 2 goals and he deserved to take the kick. I had a strange felling that DERO was going to miss. It could have come back to haunt us.

I'm still very hesitant about Carvers coaching tactics. I kust hope that with the improved talent we have thios year that it will mask his deficiencies as a coach.

Or, gasp, Carver may be learning to be a better coach? There is a hell of a curve on his end of things too.

James Oliphant
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
This thread is one giant facepalm.

MUFC_Niagara
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=1389

james
03-24-2009, 02:55 PM

wait you saying he was player of the week or goal of the week, 2 different things man.

You dont need to score nice goals to be the best player of the week. Its how much you contribute to a teams win. Montero not only scored 2 goals, but also got an assist, and he helped make passes and helped the team through out the whole match. He deserved player of the week!!!

Now if you talking about nicest goals of the week id say those 2 Kansas City goals were nice shots, and Brenan with Dero was nice play as well, or what about FC Dallas goal from like inside there own half? Dam there was some nice goals this week. Alot of bullet shots goalies had no chance at:D

AL-MO
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Again, we should care because?

KrazyKanadian
03-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Ah, how the world turns.....two years ago everyone accused the MLS of sucking OUR balls...

Dirk Diggler
03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Ah, how the world turns.....two years ago everyone accused the MLS of sucking OUR balls...

I agree. It seems to me that a lot of people on this board are getting the elder brother syndrome. We basked in our glory couple of years ago ... just let the fans out in Seattle enjoy their time in the sun.

Diabl0
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM

True and I remember we would vote for any TFC goal for GOTW regardless if they were quality goals or not.